Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By geraldthesloth
Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
What? is this still going on. I already posted a scan of Thanos one shotting Warlock with the soul gem and killing him. Thats  the strongest Warlock has ever been, he don't stand a chance against Thanos."
Yeah, one-shotting a weaker version of Adam Warlock. Now, Warlock doesn't need the Soul Gem. He can manipulate souls and has had his upgrade without it. You still haven't proved that Thanos can resist soul manipulation. I'll wait for your proof. If you can't prove me wrong, stop posting nonsense."
Adam hasn't showed any soul powers since he came back..that I can recall of atleast.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Static Shock
geraldthesloth said:
"Adam hasn't showed any soul powers since he came back..that I can recall of atleast."
You sure about that?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By geraldthesloth

Not that I can remember

Your always welcome to prove me wrong static :)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Static Shock
geraldthesloth said:
"Not that I can rememberYour always welcome to prove me wrong static :)"
Just a second.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By geraldthesloth

For sure

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Static Shock
geraldthesloth said:
"For sure"
Here, it's stated that Adam retreated his soul into Phyla's Quantum Bands

No Caption Provided

And, here, he channels the souls of dead Kree people into Phyla's Quantum Bands, giving her the power to forge a sword from that power and defeat Ultron.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Other than this, it was stated long ago that even if he's not holding the Soul Gem in his possession, he still has a connection to it, thus, allowing him to use to use the power of souls even if he doesn't have the gem. I had something on that, but I can't find it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Adam owns all.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Adam owns all."
Agreed. You're the one that put me on him. LOL.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

SeSAW said:
What? is this still going on. I already posted a scan of Thanos one shotting Warlock with the soul gem and killing him. Thats  the strongest Warlock has ever been, he don't stand a chance against Thanos."
All jokes aside,this isn't even close to true.How the hell was Warlock the strongest he had ever been when Thanos killed him if he had 2 upgrades after his death? Can you tell me that? How doesn't he stand a chance against him when he easily took Thanos out with soul manipulation in the first comic he appeared in since being killed by Thanos.He made Thanos look like a little b#tch.Oh and let's also not forget Gamora stating that Thanos is afraid of Adam.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By geraldthesloth

Good stuff static

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By geraldthesloth

I hated annilhation conquest anyway

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Static Shock
geraldthesloth said:
"Good stuff static"
No problem.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Static Shock

bump.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By SeSAW

Dude there is no way Adam is stronger now than when he had the soul gem. Defeating Ultron doesn't compare to deafeating Thanos, Soul manipulation doesn't work on him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Static Shock
SeSAW said:
"Soul manipulation doesn't work on him."
Prove it. For like, the one-thousand time.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SeSAW
Vance Astro said:
"Adam owns all."

yeah warlock beats Thanos just like Supergirl beat Thanos right Vance
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SeSAW said:
"Dude there is no way Adam is stronger now than when he had the soul gem. Defeating Ultron doesn't compare to deafeating Thanos, Soul manipulation doesn't work on him."
1.I take you didn't read anything with Adam in it after he was resurrected.He reserved the powers of the soul gem without having the soul gem.He could rip souls out at will.His ability to manipulate souls without the gem didn't exist until he was resurrected.

2.Adam helped Phyla take Ultron.Static didn't post those scans to say Adam beating Ultron means he can beat Thanos.He posted them to show he still have the ability to manipulate souls.

3.If by "soul manipulation doesn't work on him" you mean Thanos,you would be wrong.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Static Shock

It's like, you ask this man to prove his point, he leaves and waits for everyone else to make a post. Then, he comes back and says the same thing he's been saying several pages ago, either acting like he doesn't see what you posted or he just ignores it intentionally. And, he does it in every thread he posts in. Purposely, to play as if he doesn't read what people are saying to him.

SeSAW said:

"Defeating Ultron doesn't compare to defeating Thanos."
LMFAO. If you think I posted those scans for that reason, you need to go back and read why I posted them.

SeSAW
said:
"Dude there is no way Adam is stronger now than when he had the soul gem.
He's more powerful. He even has new abilities. With or without the Soul Gem, he still has his soul abilities.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Adam didn't get weaker.If you read his bio in the back of the features annihilation comic it clearly states that going into a cocoon increases his abilities.His first incarnation (Him) became the more powerful (Adam Warlock) that way.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SeSAW
Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
Prove it. For like, the one-thousand time."
Actually I don't have to prove that it won't work. Its on you to prove that it will work almost nothing works on Thanos, except for Drax. Like I said if worked he wouldve tried it already.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SeSAW said:
"Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
Prove it. For like, the one-thousand time."
Actually I don't have to prove that it won't work. Its on you to prove that it will work almost nothing works on Thanos, except for Drax. Like I said if worked he wouldve tried it already."
Translation: I don't have proof.Static is right.
The one time Adam fought Thanos after being resurrected he owned Thanos.Why would he rip his soul out when he could easily beat him other ways?
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By SeSAW
Vance Astro said:
"SeSAW said:
"Dude there is no way Adam is stronger now than when he had the soul gem. Defeating Ultron doesn't compare to deafeating Thanos, Soul manipulation doesn't work on him."
1.I take you didn't read anything with Adam in it after he was resurrected.He reserved the powers of the soul gem without having the soul gem.He could rip souls out at will.His ability to manipulate souls without the gem didn't exist until he was resurrected.

2.Adam helped Phyla take Ultron.Static didn't post those scans to say Adam beating Ultron means he can beat Thanos.He posted them to show he still have the ability to manipulate souls.

3.If by "soul manipulation doesn't work on him" you mean Thanos,you would be wrong.
"
He didn't retain the total power of the gem. He was stronger then look at his feats hes done nothing after his resurection to sugest that hes stronger now. his feats with the gem were off the scale
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SeSAW said:
He didn't retain the total power of the gem. He was stronger then look at his feats hes done nothing after his resurection to sugest that hes stronger now. his feats with the gem were off the scale"
That's another lie.He's done nothing according to someone who didn't read the comics.Please stop making stuff up.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Vance Astro said:
"
SeSAW said:
All jokes aside,this isn't even close to true.How the hell was Warlock the strongest he had ever been when Thanos killed him if he had 2 upgrades after his death? Can you tell me that? How doesn't he stand a chance against him when he easily took Thanos out with soul manipulation in the first comic he appeared in since being killed by Thanos.He made Thanos look like a little b#tch.Oh and let's also not forget Gamora stating that Thanos is afraid of Adam.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Static Shock
SeSAW said:
"Actually I don't have to prove that it won't work.
Thanks for conceding. If there's no proof of the positive, it's negative. Since you can't prove that Thanos can resist soul manipulation, he can't do it.

SeSAW said:
"Its on you to prove that it will work."
It's worked on others. Thanos isn't a special case.

SeSAW said:
"almost nothing works on Thanos"
LOL. He was turned to stone, wasn't he? He had he heart ripped out, didn't he (even though it was a plot device, it happened)? He was killed before, wasn't he?

SeSAW said:
"Like I said if worked he wouldve tried it already."
This logic is flawed. I'm not even going to tell you why because this is the same thing you said several pages ago and it was refuted.

SeSAW said:
"He didn't retain the total power of the gem."
Lies. His connection with the Gem lies intact even if he doesn't have it in his possession. Thus, he retains all of the powers of the Soul Gem.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By SeSAW
Vance Astro said:
"SeSAW said:
He didn't retain the total power of the gem. He was stronger then look at his feats hes done nothing after his resurection to sugest that hes stronger now. his feats with the gem were off the scale"
That's another lie.He's done nothing according to someone who didn't read the comics.Please stop making stuff up.
"
What feats does he have that put him in class with himself with the gem HUH tell me please.

Look guys Warlock is very powerful but hes not taking Thanos period.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Static Shock
SeSAW said:
"Look guys Warlock is very powerful but hes not taking Thanos period."
Too bad Thanos will have soul taken.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SeSAW said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SeSAW said:
"
What feats does he have that put him in class with himself with the gem HUH tell me please.Look guys Warlock is very powerful but hes not taking Thanos period."
Well Thanos killed him before right?
When Warlock's soul went to the Soul world Death told him his soul was too powerful to contain.Thus he came back.
When he found Thanos in after his resurrection he easily beat Thanos causing his men to be leaderless.
He didn't have the power before to manipulate souls without the gem.He comes back he's ripping them out at will.
What more do you need? He beat the guy whom before he didn't even touch in battle and was killed.He came back and Thanos was damn near about to cry.

You have no point here.

If that doesn't convince you..His current incarnation is said to be more powerful.There is nothing that goes against that.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Static Shock

LOL. He logged out again. Watch, he'll come back and start his nonsense again.

Miracle Class

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Miracle Class

This thread..oh boy.I must say though that the defense of "I don't have to prove anything..you do" Is completely worthless in this case,If someone says..."Adam can rip out Thanos's soul", and you don't believe it's true.It is now up to you to prove it's not true or the claim stands.Speculating and pretending someone is immune to something there is no evidence of is simply a waste of time to the people trying to have an intelligent debate. (No offense to anyone's intellect)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Static Shock
Miracle Class said:
"This thread..oh boy.I must say though that the defense of "I don't have to prove anything..you do" Is completely worthless in this case,If someone says..."Adam can rip out Thanos's soul", and you don't believe it's true.It is now up to you to prove it's not true or the claim stands.Speculating and pretending someone is immune to something there is no evidence of is simply a waste of time to the people trying to have an intelligent debate. (No offense to anyone's intellect)"
Thank you. And welcome to the Vine, Miracle Class.
Miracle Class

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Miracle Class

I need an avatar :)

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

adam would win here.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"LOL. He logged out again. Watch, he'll come back and start his nonsense again."
That's my only problem with SeSAW,he just can't admit he's wrong.He will have no proof but have an excuse for every bit of evidence posted.You could show him a video of Joe Quesada saying he's launching a comic in which Warlock will kill Thanos for the second time after Drax and he'd be like "That's not the real Quesada or I don't are what Quesada says,My opinion matters more".
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
"LOL. He logged out again. Watch, he'll come back and start his nonsense again."
That's my only problem with SeSAW,he just can't admit he's wrong.He will have no proof but have an excuse for every bit of evidence posted.You could show him a video of Joe Quesada saying he's launching a comic in which Warlock will kill Thanos for the second time after Drax and he'd be like "That's not the real Quesada or I don't are what Quesada says,My opinion matters more"."
lol vance have i ever told you that your my hero :P.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By geraldthesloth
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
That's my only problem with SeSAW,he just can't admit he's wrong.He will have no proof but have an excuse for every bit of evidence posted.You could show him a video of Joe Quesada saying he's launching a comic in which Warlock will kill Thanos for the second time after Drax and he'd be like "That's not the real Quesada or I don't are what Quesada says,My opinion matters more"."
or..Quesada is a moron LOL its a skrull
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
lol vance have i ever told you that your my hero :P."
Yes..twice,but I wasn't counting or anything.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
Vance Astro said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
lol vance have i ever told you that your my hero :P."
Yes..twice,but I wasn't counting or anything."
lol but you don't mind right.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nah.

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as it pains me to say this...Adam Warlock would beat Thanos...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Static Shock

bump.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
Static Shock said:
"bump."
lol static.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Static Shock

Yeah, I bumped it. So, there.

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Bart Simpson
@HalJordan1986x said:
" Thanos is the most overrated character in comic battles "

I rarely agree with Hal Jordan, but in this case I completely agree with his statement.

Thanos is indeed the most overrated character in comic battles. I'm not just referring about this site, but comic battles in general. Every site I've been to is always pimping him out to be some unbeatable being in fiction. Sometimes their hyping him to ridiculous levels.

Some threads I see he's apparently a celestial level opponent who can beat down skyfathers and entire squads of top tiers. And this is just an unprep Thanos. 

If Thanos is prepped then you better watch out. Because with just one day prep he can curbstomp teams of prepsters like Brainiac 5, Dr. Doom (someone who almost obtained the IG in Infinity War, while Thanos was too busy falling for Magus's trap and being put into a fight against Earth's heroes), and Adam Warlock (the character who devised the plan that lead to both Thanos and Magus's fall when they were in possession of the IG) even if those guys have years of prep on their side. 

Now if Thanos has more than one day of prep than uh oh, in just a week's time he'll be in possession of all the items it took his entire lifetime (and alternate versions of himself) to obtain. If there's even more time and it's a crossover fight, then his opponents are in deep dog doo. Because in a just a few weeks Thanos will be in possession of the totality of every power boost in those franchises and will be a match for Stan Lee himself.

It's that kind of stuff I'm sick of seeing. I give credit where credit is due and Thanos has achieved many impressive things with his planning in his lifetime (although it was an alternate Thanos that got a hold of the Heart of the Universe), but that kind of stuff above is just ridiculous.

Thanos' actual fights have single top tiers holding their own against the guy and at least 3 off the top of my head down right besting him (Eric Masterson, Gamora and Thor even though he needed armor). Not to mention Eric and Gamora's fights against Thanos were written by Jim Starlin, so even Thanos' own creator thinks Eric and Gam are more than a match for Thanos.

Every fight the mad titan has with a opponent above top tier there's always a special stipulation going on that gives Thanos the advantage. For example:

Thanos vs Odin- In order to make Thanos look good they had to have the fight taking place on rainbow road near Asgard where Odin has to watch his power and instead of Odin letting loose against Thanos, we get an Odin where his most powerful attack in the fight merely sent Thanos flying a few miles in some buildings.

Thanos vs Kosmo- Thanos against a cosmic cube being. Thanos should be in deep crap now, but what happens instead? Kosmo wants to be all touchy feely so she gives herself a mortal form that not only makes her sustainable to injuries, but greatly lowers her powers as evident how she couldn't even blow up the facility they were fighting in.

Thanos vs Tyrant- Thanos fights Tyrant while he's depowered and had a team softening up Tyrant beforehand as well as using a power orb to help him fight.

Futhermore 2 out of 3 of those fights Thanos still got a beat down.

So obviously I favor Adam Warlock in this one. Adam was always being portrayed (even by Jim Starlin) as one of the characters who can get the better of Thanos. Now I'm not too sure what kind of powers Adam has currently, but if he possesses the powers of the soul gem, then I just have to look at the Infinity Watch vs Earth's heroes fight. This is the one where half of Earth's fallen comrades were taken down by Adam alone while Thanos wasn't donig too well.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By yodagod

Everything I've seen shows Adam at his peak of power now.  Besides that, he seems to have Thanos' number even if Thanos on paper should be stronger.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By bumnut

I believe this is a very interesting and cool battle, but it's only Thanos's flaw's that Warlock has on him cause he know's him so well that gives him not so much an edge, but the ability to be in the same league as Thanos, cause I do believe Thanos to be more powerfull than Warlock, it's Thanos's own psych that Warlock uses against him cause they know each other so well.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#197  Edited By Caligula

Warlock
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Warlock & Thanos's last encounter ended in an L for Thanos.I don't know who would win at this point though.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#199  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Right now, I'd going with Warlock. But narrowly.

Niko04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Niko04

Warlock