Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@wolfrazer: Mind you.. it gets confusing when you remember Achilles saying

I know more about the Gods than your priests. I've seen them.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@gxrevolution96:

Loading Video...

Achilies was not having trouble with Hector at all. In fact, Achilies had already won the fight from the moment it began. There was not a single moment where Hector wasn't on the back foot.

Yes he was.. Achilles was a Demi god that slays multiple normal warriors in less than one second (beach battle). When his fight takes more than 3 minutes with Hector as against the 1 second kills he gets against normal warriors, you know he is challenged.

Not to mention Hector countered all the moves that were death blows to other soldiers such as the trapezius stab.

Hector was in the back foot for a majority, but there have been times where he showed he can put Achilles on the back foot as well.

2:30 - See how he gives him a slash in the chest and Achilles does nothing but get frozen for a couple of seconds?

3: 17- Achilles is breathing like a dog just like Hector isn't he? From that point on Achilles is on the back foot until he pushes Hector back and gives him the death strike.

Achiles outclassed him in every way; speed, strength,endurance(stamina). Hector was constantly thinking, how to approach Achillies but he did not know how to. Every attempt at him trying to kill him was blocked or avoided one way or another. There wasn't a single opening.

Yes Achilles did outclass him being a demigod, but not all of Hectors attempts were blocked (not to mention Hector blocked a lot Achilles's signature moves as well) and there was quite a good an opening when Hector gave him the chest slash.

Notice how Achiles lost no stamina during the fight, whereas Hector on the other hand was panting like a worn out dog by the end of it.

Achilles tired out as well, just a little later than Hector who also had the misfortune of tripping on a rock.

Hector's attacks were getting more and more sloppy the more he fought and it was only a matter of time before he was cut down. Achilies was just biding was just biding his time. Hector was simply no match for Aachilies' speed and reflexes. Achilies was dodging all of his attacks and was slowly wearing him down. Achilies was superior in every

Achilles being a demigod is superior, no doubt and Hector was getting sloppy by the end but that does not mean he didn't give Achilles trouble, especially in the beginning and middle of the fight.

Edit: After Priam visits Achilles to get his son's dead body, Achilles says himself that Hector was the best he ever fought.

Considering even the best Thesalian like Boagrius got killed in a mere second, that quote says a lot.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Winter soldier. Both of them were bad@$$es, but winter soldier takes the cake.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is my issue with Achilles. He is ambiguously superhuman as opposed to unambiguously superhuman like Bucky.

Let me explain what I mean using two examples.

Example 1: Achilles' Spear Throw: Achilles launches a spear 100 yards hitting a rider impaling him. An apparently superhuman feat, however when we consider the longest Javelin throw was 104.8 yards we can begin to understand that while Achilles throw was more powerful and accurate than said Javelin throw, it is not outside the realm of physical possibility for someone to make a throw similar to the one made by Achilles. Thus the feat is ambiguously superhuman, certainly not normal human, but not completely unbelievable.

On the other hand

Example 2: Bucky's Bridge Jump: During Winter Soldier Bucky jumps from a highway bridge 20-30 ft. high and lands on a car completely crushing the top (he does that unassisted, and does not roll or otherwise cushion the landing) , he then proceeds to jump off the car completely unharmed and even proceeds to run and perform a variety of acrobatics while combating Cap. This feat is unambiguously superhuman as no amount of training or preparation could make it possible, it is outside the potential of the human anatomy.

In conclusion no one feat performed by Achilles screams superhuman, however all of them together certainly paint a picture of someone superhuman, or at the very least someone who is as good as a human gets. On the other hand Bucky shows several feats that could absolutely not be performed by a human under any circumstance.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korraspirit Achilies wins for sure, but he dosen't 'obliterate'. After considering some of the comments, I say he wins with medium-high difficulty

I have to say I respect the fact that you have considered the comments and changed your opinion on how the fight would progress. Even if I don't agree with your conclusion.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Might go with Achilles's after some thought. Bucky is more the powerhouse and as Nathasha proved the faster you are, the better your chances. She could have killed Bucky twice. The shot to the face, and her leap, weapons deflection to strangle would have been too much for the average soldier.

What she does not possess sadly is the strength to contend. Strength that I'm sure Achilles's may certainly process. I'll say the Greek 5/10 that's fair as they both could asuredly kill the other.

Bucky was able to punch through the window of a Government vehicle, which we all know was bullet proof, and then tore out its steering column before leaping from its hood, onto another vehicle, taking that one out, then surfing on the highway using his arm and leg which people forget was also bionic. Hence why he kicked a dude into a turbine more than twelve feet above the ground.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie-wise WS takes this with relative ease.He will just put Achilies down,tie him up and throw him in the sea.

But i dont think that Achilies deserves the characterism of "greatest warrior of all time" cause he was literally invincible.He didn't have to watch his back or anything since there was no way for him to get hurt except the heel about which only the gods knew.So,yeah,greatest warrior my ass.He could simply get in the first line and start waving his sword right and left with no worries about getting hurt.And let's not forget that his depiction in the movie,both skills and personality,are way different that what he was supposed to be in the legends.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock da thread. WS roflgodmurderstomps

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Achilles wrecks.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

achilles

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Achilles

Avatar image for madmartigan8282
Madmartigan8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles cuts Bucky's head off and it's not even a little teeny weeny bit difficult for him to do it. Get mad

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the power of Thor includes enhanced speed, Achilles wins. If it doesn't, Bucky wins.

Odinson12387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

achilles

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Bucky lose?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Bucky.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles should win. He is not going to let Bucky get in range to connect with a knife when he has the range advantage. Achilles might be on a slight disadvantage in strength, but it is a lot less than people think. He not only has the spear throw feat, he also showed strong enough to literally push Hector with his sword, without loosing momentum, nor posture at all, and Hector was no slouch in strength, or skill. Achilles is faster and more skilled, that's Bucky's downfall in this scenario.