Movie and Show versions

NOT the book or myth versions

all weapons made of steel

standard gear for all. not the gear shown in the team pick

lighting swords on fire allowed once battle begins not before

Round 1: Random encounter

Round 2: team gets full specs on Achilles

Round 3: Achilles gets full specs on Team

Round 4: give team pre-nub jamie, khal drago, brienne of tarth and bron. give Achilles Sir Arthur Dayne

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nah there is no way he can beat all of them at the same time.

Team takes all rounds. Achilles and Dayne cant do anything in the last round either.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly achilles can win this... hes more than smart enough to not get surrounded by them, and hes so much better than any of them that he can kill whoever he is in a direct battle with before anyone else can make a meaningful move against him (in most cases). Especially in round one when none of his opponents know his skill and he likely kills 2 of them before the team realizes they have to work together..by then its too late.

Round 2 the team most likely takes it

Round 3 is the same as round 1, but slightly easier

Round 4 ehhhh.... purely by feats, dayne and achilles are far above the others, but they have such numbers and tanks i say other team wins

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch imo

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

Not against these numbers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles could drop any of them one on one, but the team will beat him consistently. RIP Thoros of Myr, we miss you.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles Achilles Achilles

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nfactor1995

Achilles can't beat this many skilled fighters at once, though I'd back him solidly against any of them solo

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles solos.

Achilles was basically like a DCEU/MCU character with the moves he was doing. GoT tends to track more realistic when it comes to battles. It'd be like putting Captain America or Batman against this GoT line up. Who's gonna bet against them?

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gendry solos

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zill0678

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So badly want to say Achilles.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

things have change a good bit me thinks. it wasn't to long ago that people considered jorah and jon to be scrubs and with no one on this team of note but the hound. iv seen post saying that Achilles can solo company's of fodder. i imagined with the recent season the team could possibly win but alot of you say Achilles gets beat pretty good.

jaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't achilles strong enough to chop the head off that Apollo statue with one swing? What was it made out of? Bronze? How much power would that take? I think he kills them

Avatar image for themadtitan0331
themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles kills them all!

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles can actually do this

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

He gets wrecked.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComanderMurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator
KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Thoros, Gendry and Jorah all get dropped rather quickly.

Achilles can take the remainder, the only real problem in theory is his bronze gear vs their steel. Considering he carries a spear, shield and sword though, I feel like their gear advantage will become apparent before he runs out of ways to kill them.

That said, his sword cut the head clean off a bronze statue with minimal resistance, so I'd wager that they wouldn't be chopping his weapons apart anyway.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Thoros, Gendry and Jorah all get dropped rather quickly.

Achilles can take the remainder, the only real problem in theory is his bronze gear vs their steel. Considering he carries a spear, shield and sword though, I feel like their gear advantage will become apparent before he runs out of ways to kill them.

That said, his sword cut the head clean off a bronze statue with minimal resistance, so I'd wager that they wouldn't be chopping his weapons apart anyway.

The idea of them getting dropped quickly relies on the idea that they'll attack him one at a time, they won't, all 7 are just going to mash in on him at once, it's too much, I hold Achilles in high regard but it's too much, he never faced anything like this or anything to make me think he could. All weapons are steel as per the OP.

I'm pretty sure that statue was gold.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandor & co would probably prevent Achilles from dropping Jorah & co. The number advantadge is simply to much, though I'd reckon Achilles can take anyone here 1 v 1.

Round four is even more of a mismatch, Jaime (or Sandor, Brienne and even Bronn & Jon, actually) alone can hold Arthur off long enough for the rest to destroy Achilles.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

The idea of them getting dropped quickly relies on the idea that they'll attack him one at a time, they won't, all 7 are just going to mash in on him at once, it's too much

I don't think they'd all try and bum-rush him. All 7 trying to mash him at once in R1 are likely to just get in each others way. If they try and use their numbers though, he's quick and smart enough to evade strikes from absolutely anybody here and we know he goes for the quickest kill shot available. A wide swing from Gendry with that hammer means he's leaving himself open to a counter strike and he goes down.

I hold Achilles in high regard but it's too much, he never faced anything like this or anything to make me think he could. All weapons are steel as per the OP.

He outclasses them all. If they take their time, they get picked off. He vastly outclasses anybody here in speed, skill and possibly strength based on that statue feat. Giving him steel weapons takes away the teams biggest advantage.

Chances are it was bronze, as were the vast majority of statues made from casting in ancient Greece. Admittedly, it looks more golden than I remember.

If the Greeks made statues of that size entirely from gold it was very, very rarely. I've certainly never heard of them doing so, though I'm no authority on the matter.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator

The Achilles wank here is off the charts.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@kingcrimson said:

@rogueshadow:

The idea of them getting dropped quickly relies on the idea that they'll attack him one at a time, they won't, all 7 are just going to mash in on him at once, it's too much

I don't think they'd all try and bum-rush him. All 7 trying to mash him at once in R1 are likely to just get in each others way. If they try and use their numbers though, he's quick and smart enough to evade strikes from absolutely anybody here and we know he goes for the quickest kill shot available. A wide swing from Gendry with that hammer means he's leaving himself open to a counter strike and he goes down.

I hold Achilles in high regard but it's too much, he never faced anything like this or anything to make me think he could. All weapons are steel as per the OP.

He outclasses them all. If they take their time, they get picked off. He vastly outclasses anybody here in speed, skill and possibly strength based on that statue feat. Giving him steel weapons takes away the teams biggest advantage.

Chances are it was bronze, as were the vast majority of statues made from casting in ancient Greece. Admittedly, it looks more golden than I remember.

If the Greeks made statues of that size entirely from gold it was very, very rarely. I've certainly never heard of them doing so, though I'm no authority on the matter.

• These guys are all elite and highly trained/experienced barring Gendry, they know how to attack as one and have excellent teamwork at this point, we've seen it first hand.
  • I don't disagree, Achilles is better than any individual warrior, the Hound is the closest and there's still a large gap, but there's no way he's beating all seven, while he's cutting down the two at the front, there'll be five more striking from the left and right and trying to encircle him, against some fodder that's manageable, but most of these guys have extensive feats of their own, several have armour, others have flaming swords and huge warhammers. It's way too much to navigate, even for Achilles, he simply has no feats to suggest he can pull this off.
  • It was made by the Trojans, and I wouldn't apply real world logic in this instance given that the film had elements (slim as they were) of the fantastical, it was supposed to be splendorous as a tribute to Apollo, their patron God.
TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, unless you want to wank Achilles which from the threads I've seen is a nice past time for some users on this site