Achilles, Leonidas, Maximus Decimus VS The Hound, The Mountain, Jon Snow, Oberyn Martel

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Achilles, Leonidas, Maximus Decimus

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Hound, The Mountain, Jon Snow, Oberyn Martel

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Edit : Reading the comments, i figured i would add someone else to team 1.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 the_red_viper  Moderator

Leonidas dies in the first 10 seconds, then Achilles gets dogpiled and dies.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, probably, simply because there are 4 'good' fighters on their team. The lack of shields is triggering tho.
If this was 1v1, Achilles vs Mountain, for example, I would vote for Achilles. We saw how good the Mountain is vs Oberyn, actually how he doesn't have a clue what sword is. His fighting style involves striking the ground with his sword because, I don't know, he is stupid. The quote "any boy whore with a sword could beat three Mountains" would fit nicely.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Leonidas dies in the first 10 seconds, then Achilles gets dogpiled and dies.

Galactussyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, Hector gave Achilles a lot of trouble and he had a lot of difficulty with Ajax., whose a large fighter, like the Hound & the Mountain. That being said, I think the Houn & the Mountain can overwhelm Achilles while Leonidas is defeated by the other two.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: Add someone from Spartacus to Team 1 to make it more even.

For now, Team 2 beceuse of numbers.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Not seeing what Jonn is contributing here, his best feat is using evasion tactics against a walker. Hes never fought swordsmen on par with either Achilles or the General and would die to anyone easily on team 1. I don't remember much from Leonidas other than his fight with that giant Persian thing, but he should still be above Jonn or at least close enough to run interference.

Leaning team 1, Achilles would dance around the Clegane brothers and Maximus would kill Oberyn or John. Maximus doesn't have the agility issues that the Mountain had, and faced all sorts of unorthodox weapons in the Arena/stomped multiple Centurions while starving/disarmed. He's better than either. Achille's is far more agile than any of the Clegan brothers, his spear and shield combo would easily counter their swords, and he can easily manuever around them/skewer them like he did to Ajax.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MErulezall

Team one, but leo is no push over either due to his gear he's going to tank a lot of hits while his team covers his flanks.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles solos.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_red_viper  Moderator

With Maximus on team 1, they can take this. However it's still a toss-up. I stick to my claim that Leonidas is useless here, he would quickly lose to anyone on team 2.

The biggest disadvantage team 1 has is gear. They all use bronze or at best iron compared to team 2's castle-forged steel or in Jon's case, Valyrian steel. Achilles comes from a time period of around 1200 BC, Leonidas from around 500 BC and Maximus from around 180 AD. While Game of Thrones is late medieval, and actually inspired by events from almost 1500 AD. That's ~1300 years worth of technology more advanced than Maximus who is the most advanced on his team. Team 1's gear would probably get torn like tissue paper against the steel and Valyrian Steel of team 2. The Hound even has more than one feat of cutting through steel, so bronze and iron should be like butter for him.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:
The Hound was able to cut through a sword that was burning for a long time, most likely making it really soft. Otherwise he wouldn't able to cut straight through a sword like that.
What team 1 has, is shields. Shields are very nice. It makes it extremely easy to block and counterattack the enemy that doesn't have a shield.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

@swagpack said:

@the_red_viper:

The Hound was able to cut through a sword that was burning for a long time, most likely making it really soft. Otherwise he wouldn't able to cut straight through a sword like that.

What team 1 has, is shields. Shields are very nice. It makes it extremely easy to block and counterattack the enemy that doesn't have a shield.

Thoros always fights with a similarly flaming sword and he never got his sword cuth through. Not to mention that the Hound not only cut through the sword but also through a foot or so of Beric's torso. Oh and the Hound was also cutting armored men literally in half at the Battle of the Blackwater.

Shields are nice and all but I don't think they will last long enough. They're prehistoric compared to team 2's gear. Leonidas likely dies at the first 15 seconds and it turns into a 2v4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagpack said:

@the_red_viper:

Thoros always fights with a similarly flaming sword and he never got his sword cuth through. Not to mention that the Hound not only cut through the sword but also through a foot or so of Beric's torso. Oh and the Hound was also cutting armored men literally in half at the Battle of the Blackwater.

Shields are nice and all but I don't think they will last long enough. They're prehistoric compared to team 2's gear. Leonidas likely dies at the first 15 seconds and it turns into a 2v4.

That Spear throw at the end could kill any of team 2 even if they had their Armor on, you could say he wasn't wearing his helmet or shield, but it still counts.

I disagree with Leo being useless here.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@all-father said:
@the_red_viper said:
@swagpack said:

@the_red_viper:

That Spear throw at the end could kill any of team 2 even if they had their Armor on, you could say he wasn't wearing his helmet or shield, but it still counts.

I disagree with Leo being useless here.

Which spear throw? All of them threw spears on several occasions lol. Anyway why would they throw their spears? Unless they're starting at a distance which isn't the case as far as we know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_red_viper  Moderator

@all-father: Oh that one. I doubt it could go through steel plate. Spartans were using bronze mainly. Anyway why would he throw his spear?

Also, I have an ongoing CaV of Leonidas VS the Mountain (with me repping the Mountain of course). You can look it up if you want because I genuinely think that Leonidas is waaaay out of his depth here. He is tremendously overrated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: Oh that one. I doubt it could go through steel plate. Spartans were using bronze mainly. Anyway why would he throw his spear?

Also, I have an ongoing CaV of Leonidas VS the Mountain (with me repping the Mountain of course). You can look it up if you want because I genuinely think that Leonidas is waaaay out of his depth here. He is tremendously overrated.

Will check it out.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 someone from team 1 probably the hound or the mountain bigger targets of team 2is getting shrekt by a spear throw from Achilles at the start. Then it turns into a 3v3 Which Achilles quickly dispatches his opponent and then helps out his team.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles also has a feat of throwing spear, hitting a horseman, who was at full gallop, right in the neck, between the helmet and the torso armor.
Game of Thrones is really bad at historical portrayal of fights. In the battle at the Tower of Joy we see that swords go through several layers of armor. It's just stupid and shouldn't be used as a feat. So no "Hound cutting a man in half and his armor as well". Cutting deep into Beric's torso is fine, considering the Hound's physical strength. Both Leonidas and Achilles have, what looks like, a bronze shield. Achilles has bronze reinforcement on it, from what I've seen. They are good enough to block hits. Since bronze is softer than steel (to my knowledge of chemistry) there is a decent chance that their steel swords could get stuck in the shield, providing an easy kill.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By azrael1973

Team One Achilles MVP He is the most skilled here by far.

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team achilles

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By theCrazyBean

Achilles could solo if he had steel gear, but with Bronze gear...

You should give team 1 better gear, because I don't see a bronze sword cutting through Cleganes Brother's armours.

Other than that, Achilles is MVP, he is the most skilled here by a very wide margin

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By azrael1973

@thecrazybean said:

Achilles could solo if he had steel gear, but with Bronze gear...

You should give team 1 better gear, because I don't see a bronze sword cutting through Cleganes Brother's armours.

Other than that, Achilles is MVP, he is the most skilled here by a very wide margin

Agree. But the movie was already full of anachronism, so most likely he was already using steel. On the other hand Achilles could easily disarm one of his opponents and use their gear.

Unlike all the other guys he is a mythical invulnerable (except his heel obviously) demigod toned down to appear human in that movie.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the_wspanialy

@all-father Now we're talking ^^Team 1 for me.

Jon is (again) a weak link.

Either Leo or Max has a very good chance to beat Oberyn.

Leo proved to be able to at least hold his own against stronger enemies so he should be able to old the Hound off (Gregor is too strong for him).

Achilles is obvious MVP and beats anyone in team 2.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one with Achilles being the MVP.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Six-Deuce

I do not see Achilles as that much better if at all than gladiator Maximus. I would say all members of team 1 are obviously more skilled than any of team 2, however due to numbers and tech advantage I would give majority to team GoT 6/10 times. If they were all wielding steel weapons I would put it at 8/10 for team 1. I cant imagine trying to block valyrian steel with bronze.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leo murders just fine due to his gear team one wins as a whole for a vast majority

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By azrael1973

@six-deuce said:

I do not see Achilles as that much better if at all than gladiator Maximus. I would say all members of team 1 are obviously more skilled than any of team 2, however due to numbers and tech advantage I would give majority to team 1 6/10 times. If they were all wielding steel weapons I would put it at 8/10 for team 1. I cant imagine trying to block valyrian steel with bronze.

There is a BIG Skillgap between Maximus and Achilles. Achilles was the spearhead of the greek Attack on the troyan beach. He and his Myrmidons were taking all the defense of the Troyans just by themselves and he wasn't even sweating after the attack.

Maximus was leading the cavalary against the germans after the clash. If he had Achilles Skill, he would just run right into the german line.

Maximus is a real general, Achilles leads by having people watch him from behind.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973: Maximus went fisticuffs with a tiger while fighting off the best gladiator in history on the other side. The way they portrayed the Trojan beach landing was quite a bit less hairy and crowded than the tuetoburg forest clash in Gladiator. Both are well out of the range of realistic human combat skill however.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By azrael1973

@six-deuce said:

@azrael1973: Maximus went fisticuffs with a tiger while fighting off the best gladiator in history on the other side. The way they portrayed the Trojan beach landing was quite a bit less hairy and crowded than the tuetoburg forest clash in Gladiator. Both are well out of the range of realistic human combat skill however.

It doesn't matter how crowded it was and it just looks less crowded because there are no trees.

Maximus is a general and Achilles is a warrior. Maximus would have most likely died if he just rushed into the battle.

Yes both were unrealistic but Troja was the more unrealistic of the two.

One is supposed to be a roman general and gladiator champion the other one a demigod minus the supernatural stuff.

Only a moron or someone completly aware of his own abilities would seperate his ship from the main fleet.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

It's easy to see who is having a easier time and who is actually enjoying fighting and killing and who is not. One is a Hero the other one a soldier. And Troja is more unrealistic.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Six-Deuce
Loading Video...

@azrael1973: If you were to compare the clip of Maximus walking out and soloing the arena full of gladiators prior to his trip to Rome to Achilles best feats they should be fairly similar. The two clips above differ in my mind in that the Germans are presented to be a much more stubborn and aggressive foe than the skittish (Hectorless) Trojans. This is just basing an opinion on the characters as presented in the films, not actual history of course. At least enough to prove that Maximus is indeed a warrior. The OP clip of Maximus was later in the movie when fighting as a gladiator.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles team wrecks lol.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By azrael1973

@six-deuce said:
Loading Video...

@azrael1973: If you were to compare the clip of Maximus walking out and soloing the arena full of gladiators prior to his trip to Rome to Achilles best feats they should be fairly similar. The two clips above differ in my mind in that the Germans are presented to be a much more stubborn and aggressive foe than the skittish (Hectorless) Trojans. This is just basing an opinion on the characters as presented in the films, not actual history of course. At least enough to prove that Maximus is indeed a warrior. The OP clip of Maximus was later in the movie when fighting as a gladiator.

Sure Maximus is a warrior if he has to be and he doesn't hide the fact how disgusted he is by this gladiator business but what he really is , is a soldier fighting for his emperor . He fights to increase the moral of his men.

Achilles is fighting for himself and his legacy (what he calls immortality when talking to his myrmidons). The film did a pretty good job in showing that he is special and he is almost a god among man. The only thing he can't escape is his fate.

Although the film didn't show it , his mother is supposed to be a goddess and his father a grandson of Zeus himself.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: Achilles blocked arrows in the beach without even looking, and he took more enemies at the same time. Achilles is more skilled than Maximus imo

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Six-Deuce

@thecrazybean: Both so skilled that ability should not be a concern for either in this fight. I think the only unknown is what happens if Achilles tries to block a downward slash from longclaw with a bronze sword.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By azrael1973

@six-deuce said:

@thecrazybean: Both so skilled that ability should not be a concern for either in this fight. I think the only unknown is what happens if Achilles tries to block a downward slash from longclaw with a bronze sword.

What they used in the movie were certainly not bronce weapons. Achilles pushed Hector meters away even when he blocked the tip of his sword with the shield and he was visibly hurt by the impact. Achilles is so strong that his attack do damage even when perfectly blocked and don't forget that Hector is the best fighter of the Trojan army and has killed heroes like Ajax.

Maximus is on the same level as Hector but not on Achilles. Achilles could duplicate any of Maximus feats easily. Achilles would kill the masked gladiator within seconds.

Loading Video...

CaoCao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... without Achilles, it would be a good match :D

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Straja

I just cant stop laughing at people who are saying that team 2 wins...

Movie Achilles can take two from team 2 at the same time with i guess mid difficulty while myth Achilles just wrecks them all...

In a fight between 50 000 vs 50 000 one man is able to turn the tide of battle and his name is Achilles...No one has that level of ability and inlfuence on the battlefield like him..It is just insane how powerful he is,definitely super human...

jimmyvailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles solos

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao, I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgable on GoT, but I've some of the fights these characters have been involved in, and Achilles would honestly solo based on those showings.