• 82 results
coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By coolguyr99

Aang has his staff and can only AIRBEND.

Peter Parker version of Spider-Man.

Fight takes place in middle of Time Square

Start 25 feet apart.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlackWind

Hd isn't defeating Spider Man with only Airbending.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By comicace3

@BlackWind said:

Hd isn't defeating Spider Man with only Airbending.

That's what I thought...

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Spidey

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By New_World_Order

Spider-Man.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dredeuced

Aang would need avatar state to beat Spidey. Otherwise it's a stomp.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Aang.. He's been dodging lightening around.. Spiderman isn't catching him.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghost_rider1

Aang is still faster than spiderman. And just cuz he can only air bend doesn't mean he won't go into avatar state. But if spiderman gets one punch on aang.....its a wrap

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Dredeuced said:

Aang would need avatar state to beat Spidey. Otherwise it's a stomp.

Nope.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VeganDiet

@PrinceAragorn1: You know Spider-man pretty routinely dodges lightning as well, right?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@VeganDiet said:

@PrinceAragorn1: You know Spider-man pretty routinely dodges lightning as well, right?

There's a whole lot of difference between direct elemental lightening and lightening based attacks. And some scans would be helpful

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VeganDiet

@PrinceAragorn1: Would you like to explain this difference?

And yes I'll try and get you some, just give me a bit.

In the first scan Spidey dodges lightning at close range in tight quarters.

In the third one he is dodging lightning without his spider sense and while still shaking off a mental attack from the Psycho Man.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dredeuced

There's a pretty big difference in elemental lightning and lightning that takes a full second of windup and has a giant glowing blue tell before it fires, too.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DangerousLoki

There's nothing to stop Aang from creating a giant wave of air. He can create it large enough and wide enough that it'd be hard for even Spidey to dodge. He's also a skilled martial artists since all the bending arts are martial arts styles. Aang could litterally keep Peter in the air and bash on him all day if he wanted. His webbing would get thrown around in strong enough winds and he'd not be able to do much more then roll around in a hurricane until Aang dropped him. That said. Spidey takes this more. Aang, despite his potential, doesn't have the killer fighter and is more likely to be playful and light hearted as that is his nature and if he isn't serious, Spidey's liable to put him down before he has the chance to get serious.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

Aang, outside of avatar state, has never used a blast of air that would even phase Spidey's durability. Like I said, he needs Avatar State, even if it's just avatar state airbending power, to reasonably compete with Spidey.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SUNMAN

Aang got the advantage in this fight. Don't see why he couldn't take it. Spidey isn't noshowing Aang's wind attacks

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@VeganDiet said:

In the third one he is dodging lightning without his spider sense and while still shaking off a mental attack from the Psycho Man.

The difference is, lightening elemental attacks are far slower, such as chidori etc.. while dodging/redirecting direct/actual lightening is on a whole different level..

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Spidey..close fight

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dredeuced

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@VeganDiet said:

The difference is, lightening elemental attacks are far slower, such as chidori etc.. while dodging/redirecting direct/actual lightening is on a whole different level..

Firebender lightning fires pretty similarly to Electro's lightning, they just shoot it out of their hands. Heck, Benders have to wind up to do it. I don't see the difference in the dodging feat, I still question your supposition that Aang actively dodges the lightning and isn't just aim dodging because Firebenders literally take a couple of seconds have a big lightning glow party before they fire it, giving extremely ample warning. The only time I could see you make a case for actual in air response to lightning is when Zuko jumped in front of Katara, but even then he noticed her lock eyes with Katara then move her hands to fire.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Dredeuced said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@VeganDiet said:

Firebender lightning fires pretty similarly to Electro's lightning, they just shoot it out of their hands. Heck, Benders have to wind up to do it. I don't see the difference in the dodging feat, I still question your supposition that Aang actively dodges the lightning and isn't just aim dodging because Firebenders literally take a couple of seconds have a big lightning glow party before they fire it, giving extremely ample warning. The only time I could see you make a case for actual in air response to lightning is when Zuko jumped in front of Katara, but even then he noticed her lock eyes with Katara then move her hands to fire.

Not just active dodging, they have been redirecting it around since ages. And considering the speed of lighting, a warning doesn't really help much. You've to be fast enough to redirect it anyway..

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dredeuced

I'm pretty sure redirection just draws the lightning toward your fingers (as a firebender and whatnot) and then you control the energy once it's inside of you. Everytime we see someone lightning redirect they spend like a few seconds sitting there processing it after they catch it before refiring.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Hyperlight

im on the fence..... thinking spidey though

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Aang can make it into the AS, he should win. But if Spidey can manage to web him up before than, Aang is done.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Dredeuced said:

I'm pretty sure redirection just draws the lightning toward your fingers (as a firebender and whatnot) and then you control the energy once it's inside of you. Everytime we see someone lightning redirect they spend like a few seconds sitting there processing it after they catch it before refiring.

Nah, ozai did in an instant..

@UltimateHero0406 said:

If Aang can make it into the AS, he should win. But if Spidey can manage to web him up before than, Aang is done.

Not exactly.. He can break out of bounds by airbending, right? (first encounter with kyoshi, or whatever warriors)..

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rumble Man

Spiderman stomps

Lightning in avatar (or lightningbend) works alike to the description of 'blasters' in SW

Is it real electricity as supposed to how ours work in real life or 'magic' lightning?

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceAragorn1: Yeah but those bonds weren't uber adhesive and as strong as steel.

Scorpion67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scorpion67

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Spider-Man.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@UltimateHero0406: Yeah.. that's right.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dredeuced

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Dredeuced said:

Not exactly.. He can break out of bounds by airbending, right? (first encounter with kyoshi, or whatever warriors)..

Nothing Ozai ever did qualified as an instant, even if he streamlined the circular motion you HAVE to do to shoot lightning

Spidey's webbing has extreme tensile strength, much more powerful than anything that has ever existed in avatar verse.

@Rumble Man said:

Spiderman stomps

Lightning in avatar (or lightningbend) works alike to the description of 'blasters' in SW

Is it real electricity as supposed to how ours work in real life or 'magic' lightning?

It is real lightning/electricity. You can practice lightning redirection by redirecting real lightning from the sky (though it is very dangerous). It was also used to power electric grids in Republic City during Korra, so it's about as real electricity as it gets.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced:

You can practice lightning redirection by redirecting real lightning from the sky (though it is very dangerous)

da*** did I just read O_o

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Ferro Vida

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Dredeuced said:

When did Ozai redirect lightning? I know Zuko and Iroh have.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced:

You can practice lightning redirection by redirecting real lightning from the sky (though it is very dangerous)

da*** did I just read O_o

You asked if lightning bending in the avatarverse was actual lightning/electricity or just magic lightning which isn't necessarily as fast/powerful. I confirmed that the bending they're doing is 100% electricity/lightning as they can control actual lightning that occurs in nature and use it to power electronic devices (like a city's power grid). I didn't think my wording was that hard to understand.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: The real life part is weird, and real lightning carries heat

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: The real life part is weird, and real lightning carries heat

So? The only people who can lightning bend are firebenders. If they're controlling it it doesn't hurt them, much like how they...shoot fire.

I didn't say anything about real life, what? I was pointing out how it's real lightning in the avatarverse, not just watered down magic lightning.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: Effect doesn't carry to the victims, only 'shock's

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: Effect doesn't carry to the victims, only 'shock's

I have no idea what this means. What victims?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: Nobody has a molten teeth or insta-death from a lightningbend attack

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: Nobody has a molten teeth or insta-death from a lightningbend attack

Yeah, it's a kid's cartoon. The only person who actually ever got hit by lightning (Aang) effectively died from it before being brought back with magic water. That's about as gruesome as it's going to get in a kid's show.

Also, it may very well be that the lightning that Benders create from their own person doesn't have the same power as natural lightning, it's just that Benders ARE capable of controlling natural lightning with their abilities, so there's no reason to think lightning bending is any slower than actual electricity.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dextersinister

Spider Man in a stomp, Aang's competing with not just comic book level reflexes but a comic book character known for their incredible reflexes along with incredible durability.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced:

It is, lightning travels at an instant. In Avatar, you can 'see' the lightning move from the bender to the target.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced:

It is, lightning travels at an instant. In Avatar, you can 'see' the lightning move from the bender to the target.

Lightning is not instant, just incredibly fast. Nothing is actually instant. You can "see" things move at lightspeed in comics and cartoons all the time, it's silly to apply contrary logic to Avatar.

That said, I was one of the ones arguing that Avatar characters do not have lightning level reaction times. I'm not sure who you're trying to convince.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: Magic lightning, just like 'lasers' in star wars

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: Magic lightning, just like 'lasers' in star wars

It's magic to a degree, I mean people can't ACTUALLY shoot fire out of their hands and juggle lightning in their stomachs, but it was clearly stated in universe that you can lightning bend natural lightning that occurs in nature. I don't know what more you want, there's no need to be obstinate about this because it says absolutely nothing about their actual reaction speeds for reasons I already stated.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: speed calcs are neccesary unless people want to claim that amon is a lightining-timer

Lightning/electricity in Avatar verse does not move as fast as lightning/electricity in ours

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: speed calcs are neccesary unless people want to claim that amon is a lightining-timer

Lightning/electricity in Avatar verse does not move as fast as lightning/electricity in ours

Yes it does. Amon is aim dodging. Like I said, if you would just freaking read, lightning benders have to go through a specific series of circular motions that give off lightning effects, which you can easily time and dodge when they move their arm to fire it at you. It's like how people who don't actually have the reaction speed to dodge bullets can dodge where a guy is aiming at in comics.

You can clearly see when Zolt juts his arm out to fire it, Amon is capable of dodging that, and then disabling as he's locked in his stance. Just because you can see the effect of the electricity moving doesn't make it not electricity. As I said, in comics and other cartoons we see much faster things move because animators want you to see what's happening. Don't be obtuse about it.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Sovereign91001

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Dredeuced said:

Ozai never redirected lightning and the only time he arguably instantly fired it was under the influence of the comet, besides Spidey dodges Electro's lightning on the regular, attacks that don't have a huge 'tell' beforehand

@UltimateHero0406 said:

No way Aang has the strength to break out of Spidey's webbing and it's gonna be hard to airbend if he's in a web cocoon and or hogtied.

Spidey should win this cleanly; Nothing Aang is capable of doing with just airbending is gonna stop him; I believe Aang doesn't have the speed to take on Spidey, to make up for that deficiency he needs the extra power of the Avatar State or this is a mismatch imo.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: slow enough that zuko can intercept and block -_-

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man: I brought that up, that's the only time you can state that it might not be aim dodging. If that's the case then Avatar characters have lightning+ level speed. But the VAST amount of other showings of lightning bending prove otherwise. At most it's a bit of PIS for dramatic intent.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dredeuced: Nope, it is slower than normal and they don't have lightning time since they cap at peak human. The fact that amon dodges it every now and then shows.

Even the effects of lightning isn't that damaging

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dredeuced

@Rumble Man said:

@Dredeuced: Nope, it is slower than normal and they don't have lightning time since they cap at peak human. The fact that amon dodges it every now and then shows.

Even the effects of lightning isn't that damaging

Lol avatar verse is not capped at Peak Human. Aang runs like 300 miles per hour for giggles.

Like I said, there's no reason to think it doesn't work exactly like electricity because 1: They use it to power electric power plants and 2: They can use it to bend actual, real lightning. If you snatch some lightning out of the sky and shoot it out your other hand then that's some damn lightning. Shouldn't dwell on animation effects so much just because it doesn't "look" as fast as it would in the real world.