Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Aang will take on the Great Uniter Kuvira, who will win?

This battle takes place in Kuvira's cockpit inside her mech, same place Korra had her final fight with Kuvira.

Aang cannot enter the AS

Both have basic knowledge on each other (so Aang won't be completely unfamiliar with her style)

Both are in character, victory by ko

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino @rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @linark @just_banter @soduh2 @justicethorpsylocke

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang can't metal bend like Korra can. Aang will also hold back a lot more than Korra did.

Kuvira 6/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: course, Korra got some good hits in with airbending, and Aang's an even better airbender than Korra

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full bending ability sure Aang comes in pretty hard like Korra did, but I feel like if Aang gets pinned to the wall like Korra did there's no reason to think he'd free himself or win.

Kuvira narrowly gets him because of the environment.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang, he's too agile.

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Kuvira. She could give her many heavy metal-based attacks and Aang don't really have much option to counter or prevent himself from her attacks (like meteor or trapping to cockpit thingie) except dodging.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Full bending ability sure Aang comes in pretty hard like Korra did, but I feel like if Aang gets pinned to the wall like Korra did there's no reason to think he'd free himself or win.

Kuvira narrowly gets him because of the environment.

Maybe Kuvira. She could give her many heavy metal-based attacks and Aang don't really have much option to counter or prevent himself from her attacks (like meteor or trapping to cockpit thingie) except dodging.

Aang, he's too agile.

Some fair points all around

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aang all the way. He could do it with airbending alone

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: and fire. He wins then...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicethorpsylocke: yeah, but he hardly uses firebending, and Kuvira was handling Korra's fire fine

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: like I said, Aangs airbending is enough

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira's cockpit is fully metal isn't it? so that means that in an inclosed space, all Aang has is air and fire bending, but if Korra was dodging that well then I guess Aang can as well, but I think that Aang isn't going to be that effective here considering his morals so he won't just engulf the whole cockpit in some huge air/fire attack, so I think that eventually Kuvira will win this

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang, I'd choose aang for his smart thinking, and his fighting style.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang, barely

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Aang's agility as well as air blasts will render her most dangerous attacks, many metal brace things, much less harmful as well as his fighting skill and power.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Aang's agility as well as air blasts will render her most dangerous attacks, many metal brace things, much less harmful as well as his fighting skill and power.

Air was pretty good to counter Kuvira's abilities. However, in the cockpit, she's not limited to the metal bands, as we saw in the fight with Korra she can and will manipulate their surroundings

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Aang because I'm biased.

-DP10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: But in all seriousness though...

Aang's superior agility will definitely enable him to go rounds with Kuvira, and his bending prowess, particularly his airbending, is just what he needs to defend himself against Kuvira's swift maneuvers. Eventually, he'll be able to claim a victory with a well-placed bending move.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Agility's only gonna help him so much in the confines of the cockpit, and Kuvira's hits, if she lands them, are gonna count more

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Aang flying around the room with his air scooter and then overwhelm and eventually incap or KO her with multiple air blasts in the confined space.

But Aang's a glass cannon so Aang 6/10 I guess.

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira, because location makes her terrifying with that liquid metal Aang can't bend back

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She throws the dagger and it stabs him the thing with aang was that he was naturally evasive . But Korra learned to bob and weave through pro bending which IMO got amped when she learned air bending

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins. Even if he can't metalbend Kuvira's strips off of his body if he gets tagged, he's proven that he's able to bend air with just his feet, and the same principle may hold for fire. On top of that, Kuvira isn't used to fighting airbenders.

Aang for the majority, especially if it's EoS ATLA Aang.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Amendment50

Environment favors Kuvira. Aang could take it if he could take the fight outside. Otherwise I see Kuvira winning, since incap is easy as Aang can't metalbend.

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: He's not taking someone as powerful as Kuvira in a setting that favors her heavily with just his feet, come on now. Besides Aang himself isn't used to fighting metal benders (toph was the only one at EOS ATLA), especially one with Kuvira's fast aggressive style.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Aang flying around the room with his air scooter and then overwhelm and eventually incap or KO her with multiple air blasts in the confined space.

But Aang's a glass cannon so Aang 6/10 I guess.

Aang wins. Even if he can't metalbend Kuvira's strips off of his body if he gets tagged, he's proven that he's able to bend air with just his feet, and the same principle may hold for fire. On top of that, Kuvira isn't used to fighting airbenders.

Aang for the majority, especially if it's EoS ATLA Aang.

Environment favors Kuvira. Aang could take it if he could take the fight outside. Otherwise I see Kuvira winning, since incap is easy as Aang can't metalbend.

@tarutaru said:

Kuvira, because location makes her terrifying with that liquid metal Aang can't bend back

Liking the different responses

She throws the dagger and it stabs him the thing with aang was that he was naturally evasive . But Korra learned to bob and weave through pro bending which IMO got amped when she learned air bending

So you favor Kuvira?

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarutaru said:

@mrunsmiley: He's not taking someone as powerful as Kuvira in a setting that favors her heavily with just his feet, come on now. Besides Aang himself isn't used to fighting metal benders (toph was the only one at EOS ATLA), especially one with Kuvira's fast aggressive style.

I'm not saying that he can fight her exclusively with his feet, I'm saying that he's capable of still fighting like that. He may not be able to bend the metal off, but he's highly accomplished at evasion and has his airbending to throw off any of her projectiles. On top of that, he's far more versatile than Kuvira, even if the location is to her advantage.

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: True, he's more versatile and evasive. Not saying he can't fight like that, but really if she manages to trap his legs, it's over for him. Kuvira's too powerful for almost any non-metal bender to beat her in this particular place.

mukurorokudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira wins 7/10, it's her home turf, aang can't metalbend and Kuviras metal strips are deadly. Also Aang will be holding back while Korra went all out

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vengefulshot

Kuvira wins 7/10, it's her home turf, aang can't metalbend and Kuviras metal strips are deadly. Also Aang will be holding back while Korra went all out

@ebonhawk said:

@mrunsmiley: True, he's more versatile and evasive. Not saying he can't fight like that, but really if she manages to trap his legs, it's over for him. Kuvira's too powerful for almost any non-metal bender to beat her in this particular place.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Kuvira wins.

I'm not sure why Kuvira even let Korra go after she incaped her everytime.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cocacolaman  Moderator

Aang

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira barely. Without metalbending, in a room made of metal, Aang could last long and defend against the attacks or maybe blow away a few of them. But I doubt he'd take a majority. I think Kuvira wins barely because Korra matched Kuvira mainly due to air and metalbending.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can't beat Azula in close range battles with multiple elements, what on earth would he do inside a giant metal cockpit, with no metalbending?

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't think people are taking into account how Korra was able to deal with and escape Kuvira's metal, who is far better at dodging while keeping the pressure on her opponent. Aang relies on agility too much, he's gonna get tagged and there won't be anything he can do to free himself.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I favored aang even in this location. He is agile enough to dodge most of kuvira's attacks, and unlike Korra aang uses large scale wide range airbending blasts which kuvira would not be able to dodge effectively with her style.

That being said, the possibility of a one hit incap makes this a very close fight with aang only taking a 6/10 majority.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira murders. Korra was fighting evenly because of being a metalbender herself, which Aang is not. The tiny space kills his agility, and with Kuvira controlling the entire room, there is literally nothing he can do.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cocacolaman  Moderator
cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cocacolaman  Moderator

I still think Aang tbh. Korra’s most valuable asset (though not her only one) in that battle was her airbending, and Aang’s airbending could legit one shot Kuvira and any of her defenses, and has the scale to completely cover the room. Kuvira didn’t even fight with all this super environmental control everyone always talks about, we see a major part of her fighting was her regular metal projectiles.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira

EvyHL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: she was using the environment, barely used her suit.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira would be just as dangerous if not more so than Azula was against Aang. If she gets one piece of metal on him its pretty much over, the amount of metal in the environment makes that a guarantee.

witchnred4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang wins

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang gets humiliated. he can really only use fire (his fire isn’t even slightly close to being as good as korra’s) and air (korra’s air isn’t too far behind aang’s own) plus korra had the advantage of being a pro in hand to hand as well which helps in a close quarters encounter. so not only is aang’s agility (his greatest advantage in any fight) severely limited but he’s entirely surrounded by kuvira’s element. i actually can’t think of a possible scenario where aang wins this.