Aang vs Korra - (bloodlusted with 4 elements, no AS)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

marvelfan1992  Online

Poll Aang vs Korra - (bloodlusted with 4 elements, no AS) (226 votes)

Aang 73%
Korra 27%

Aang vs Korra

Neither can enter the Avatar State. Both have all 4 elements. Both are EOS versions + comics

Both are bloodlusted.

They start 60 feet apart. (for reference, a standard basketball court is 94 ft. long)

location. The field with a lake where Sokka and Katara faced Ty Lee and Mai

No Caption Provided

Which Avatar takes it?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: yea but again korra is a master earthbender and aang is not. Which in itself tells us that Korra is > aang. Maybe aang has better defensive showing but korra has much better offensive.

korra is no slouch when it comes to dodging as well, aang is undoubtedly better, but it's not one sided. and korra's durability makes up for aang being better than her at dodging. korra can tank and hit he throws while aang can only take a few of korra's hits.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: So? splitting an island and moving the entire this is still >>> any feat any other avatar has ever had even in the avatar state.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: can you really hold it against Aang that he didn't get to "master" earthbending in that little time he had trying to survive in a war-torn world? He had barely any time to master the elements, he spent time trying to find masters to teach him and was busy literally saving the world. He was constantly on the run etc. Korra has a training arena with masters lined up for her, it would be pathetic if she wasn't better at it than Aang during her show where she was 16 already lol (we saw that she received training at a very young age)

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: So, he didn’t get the same training as korra. Your post doesn’t make sense because this battle is in Charecter. The battle does not say ‘if aang got to train as long as korra’, the battle is in Charecter therefore the are only as powerful as they were at the end of the series. Korra mastered more elements than aang.

Also I never said aang is stupid because he didn’t master fire and earth, I just said that he never mastered them which is a fact.also I know why aang didn’t master all of the elements(not enough time).

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GXrevs06

@emmafrostxmen said:

@onsipin: yea but again korra is a master earthbender and aang is not. Which in itself tells us that Korra is > aang. Maybe aang has better defensive showing but korra has much better offensive.

korra is no slouch when it comes to dodging as well, aang is undoubtedly better, but it's not one sided. and korra's durability makes up for aang being better than her at dodging. korra can tank and hit he throws while aang can only take a few of korra's hits.

Aang has better earth bending feats than Korra and he can do things like seismic sense and tunelling

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang stomps and it's no joke the only thing that made aang seem weak was his morals removing that and making him bloodlusted is overkill korra can't handle aang, not by a long shot.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: Wow he can dig a tunnel??.

Again korra = Master earthbender

Aang = not master earthbender

Therefore korra > aang.

Master > Not master

The logic is very easy.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ Korra beating a stable Azula. Aang wins, it was made quite obvious in the show what he was capable of bloodlusted, he pacifism was ingrained into his character for a reason

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins mostly due to his ability to dodge attacks and still be offensive

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: it doesn't even matter if she's superior in Fire, Water and arguably Earth (even if she's better, it's only by a little) because his Airbending is >>> and makes up for it and would give him the win. She can't tag him, and his airbending is powerful enough to take her out

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 marvelfan1992  Online

bump

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra casually and I am willing do debate this in a CAV if anyone is interested.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang rolfstomps.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 marvelfan1992  Online
Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Unlimited1

@marvelfan1992: Korra is about as fast and agile, way more durable and can easily crush Aang with her waterbending. She also has superior raw power in every element except maybe earth and superior skill in every element except air.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 anthp2000  Moderator

Aang won't stomp her, but he's still on an entirely different league. Denying so is rather arrogant.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 marvelfan1992  Online
onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Korra is about as fast and agile, way more durable and can easily crush Aang with her waterbending. She also has superior raw power in every element except maybe earth and superior skill in every element except air.

What makes you say she has superior raw power in Airbending? And how does she easily crush Aang with her waterbending? I'm not sure if you're underestimating Aang's airbending or overestimating Korra's waterbending

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin:

What makes you say she has superior raw power in Airbending?

No Caption Provided

And how does she easily crush Aang with her waterbending?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if you're underestimating Aang's airbending or overestimating Korra's waterbending.

I am not doing either.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: He is the superior bender. Faster, stronger, and more durable.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By onsipin

@unlimited1: Korra had the AS boost there. Here is the full scene broken down into 2 gifs. Clearly she is still amped form the AS boost she used just a moment earlier as it was on the same level of power. And yes her waterbending is indeed powerful but that wave torrent of water is not hitting Aang, and her close-quarter waterbending isn't good enough to take out Aang, he is far too agile. I do not think Korra is as fast and agile either. Aang rarely gets tagged in the series, most of the times he has been knocked down are when tries to shield with earth or water and the opponent breaks through his defense. But I agree about her durability far exceeding his.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By onsipin

@jdogg said:

@marvelfan1992: He is the superior bender. Faster, stronger, and more durable.

I agree he is the superior bender, but he is definitely NOT more durable. Korra's durability is a lot superior to Aang's. She has taken so many hard hits and continued to fight. However, this does help showcase that Aang is a lot more agile and quick as he rarely ever gets tagged whereas Korra is always having to show her durability because she's always getting tagged

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin:

Korra had the AS boost there. Here is the full scene broken down into 2 gifs. Clearly she is still amped form the AS boost she used just a moment earlier as it was on the same level of power.

No she didn't, she entered the avatar state for a moment before the first attack to amplify it, there is no evidence to suggest that the second attack, which was preformed after Korra had to avoid the colossus was effected except the fact that some have a hard time admitting Korra has more raw airbending power than Aang. The first attack was stronger, but the second one sent the colossus which was starting to lose it's footing out of balance, never the less this feat is still more impressive than anything Aang ever did using airbending in terms of raw power.

that wave torrent of water is not hitting Aang, and her close-quarter waterbending isn't good enough to take out Aang

Why exactly?

I do not think Korra is as fast and agile either.

She may be faster, the best reaction speed feat in the series was preformed by her.

No Caption Provided

Her agility is also very impressive.

No Caption Provided

Aang rarely gets tagged in the series

That's because he rarely fights strong opponents, when he does he gets tagged plenty of times.

most of the times he has been knocked down are when tries to shield with earth or water and the opponent breaks through his defense.

And most of the times he tries to shield himself are when he knows he won't be able to dodge.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 marvelfan1992  Online

Hmm the air blast Korra fires seems to be on the same level as her AS boosted one to me, I'd classify that one as amped

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MorbusGrav

@hope_w said:
@amonfire1776 said:

Korra...she is stronger and a more talented standard bender...Aang relies too much on the Avatar state...

You cant be serious? Name a SINGLE time Aang just has been legitimately dominated (Barring one complete CiS instance with Azula on the drill)? Its even worse when the benders of her era are atleast 2x weaker than the legends of the old days....even fodder had legitimate feats in that time period where as with Korras time earth bending car sized boulders is still impressive.

How was the drill CIS and what is with Aang losing basically any encounter with Azula without help coming to aid him?

With that being said, a bloodlusted all elements Aang definitely beats Korra.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unlimited1:

She may be faster, the best reaction speed feat in the series was preformed by her.

No Caption Provided

Zuko did something like that in Book 1 already, the same Zuko who Aang and Azula effortlesly danced circles around.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Unlimited1

@morbusgrav: No, Zuko bent fire with firebending while Korra blocked the shockwave with airbending. Shockwaves move at supersonic to hypersonic speeds while fire moves segnificantly slower than sound.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav: No, Zuko bent fire with firebending while Korra blocked the shockwave with airbending. Shockwaves move at supersonic to hypersonic speeds while fire moves segnificantly slower than sound.

Air also moves significantly slower than sound and Zuko must have blocked the shockwave too, as we also saw. So it's still the same reaction, regardless of which element they have used.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Unlimited1

@morbusgrav: Sound is a vibration moving through the air. Zuko didn't block the shockwaves because shockwaves move in a straight line and the explosives did not detonate in his vicinity, fire from the explosion moved up the shaft until it reached him and he used firebending to defend himself from it.

No Caption Provided

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vengefulshot

Not to mention Zuko failed in completely blocking the explosion, sporting some pretty rough injuries afterwards.

OT still backing Korra solidly she's much better at integrating all the elements into her fighting whereas Aang relies very heavily on air and earth to a lesser extent.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav: Sound is a vibration moving through the air. Zuko didn't block the shockwaves because shockwaves move in a straight line and the explosives did not detonate in his vicinity, fire from the explosion moved up the shaft until it reached him and he used firebending to defend himself from it.

No Caption Provided

No, we saw how he reacted basically point blank as the explosion reached him and the shockwave obviously travels into all directions. Also if we would really go deeper into reaction speed reached Azula's Agni Kai lightning that Zuko interceped a speed of several machs, as we saw right after the redirection in the bird view.

And a bloodlusted Aang anyways wins comfortably for completely different reasons than reaction speed, i don't even think there is a big difference between the likes of Korra, Aang, Tenzin, Azula and so in that category to be perfectly honest.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav: He reacted to the fire, the explosion was triggered in a room way beneath him and the fire from it very clearly moved up the shaft and reached Zuko, shockwaves don't behave this way. Lightning bending doesn't create real lightning, something that both Korra and Bolin reacted to anyway and which I consider to be an outlier for obvious reasons. I agree this is not the most important issue here and that Korra wins for other reasons, some of which I already stated.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra wins.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 anthp2000  Moderator

There's no real way to debate this without arguing Aang will job like hell. He's out of Korra's league with his mastery over airbending.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra surpassed Aang just as she was always meant too, #comeatme

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GXrevs06

@emmafrostxmen said:

@gxrevs06: Wow he can dig a tunnel??.

Again korra = Master earthbender

Aang = not master earthbender

Therefore korra > aang.

Master > Not master

The logic is very easy.

Zhao was a firebending master and he was trash, so no.

SwagBender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagbender: I never downplayed korra // people on this site constantly place aang above korra despite never showing feats on Korras level. Korra mastered ever element, aang didn’t therefore korra > aang

Aangs air will keep korra at bay for a while but korra can tank and dodge anything aangcan throw at her. Aang consistantly lost to Azula, And zuko.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: That is an outlier. If your a master than implies you are one of the best benders in your element. And Zhao was being stalemated by zuko who was a novice at the time.

Also zuko was on his level in firebending and zuko was no master at the time.

Master is always better than non master

Also korra mastered 3-4 elements while aang mastered 1-2 elements therefore korra > aang bending wise

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In character would i back Korra but bloodlusted goes to Aang.

Using contextual outliers for Korra and posting links to reddit respect threads will not help your case for Korra. Especially not with a hardcore Korra fanboy running wild in other threads.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@thebuckaronatr: I am not a korra fanboy and I actually like aang much more than korra, but no one on this site ever posts any feats for aang that could compare to the level of power and durability korra has shown. Aang gets 1 shot in 99.9999% of his fights

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebuckaronatr: I am not a korra fanboy and I actually like aang much more than korra, but no one on this site ever posts any feats for aang that could compare to the level of power and durability korra has shown. Aang gets 1 shot in 99.9999% of his fights

I was not talking about you but now you start to sound a bit like him. Aang literally cooled tons of lava from a bursting volcano and cut through the Fire Nation Warship weapons. He also was running faster than eye and shielded himself from Combustion Man. And Azula is the only person who ever 1 shoted Aang.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: That is an outlier. If your a master than implies you are one of the best benders in your element. And Zhao was being stalemated by zuko who was a novice at the time.

Also zuko was on his level in firebending and zuko was no master at the time.

Master is always better than non master

Also korra mastered 3-4 elements while aang mastered 1-2 elements therefore korra > aang bending wise

That's my point. In the ATLA, you don't have to be a god tier bender to be considered a master. Zhao was stated to be a fire bending master. Even Lightning Bolt Zolt was stated be a bending master. The logic that Korra>Aang because the former has mastered earth bending is flawed. Aang has better earth bending feats

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#96 JediXMan  Moderator

Aang.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Itachus17

Aang after a pretty neat fight, why gets Korra always either under-or overrated how about a nice middleground for a change?

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen said:

Aang literally cooled tons of lava from a bursting volcano

And how does that translate in a fight though? He needed the avatar state to slowly break down a pillar in terms of busting power.

and cut through the Fire Nation Warship weapons.

Example? Korra could break metal constructs easily too.

He also was running faster than eye

I mean with bending augmented speed that's do able. Most bending attacks are faster.

and shielded himself from Combustion Man.

Korra shielded herself from a bomb too.

Avatar image for deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b
deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is slightly superior overall due to AS.

But i give korra the edge in base.

SwagBender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebuckaronatr: @emmafrostxmen: I posted a link to a complete Korra respect thread. Korra has mastered 3 elements when she was a teenager, and has metal bending, airbending, spirit bending, advanced unarmed combat and energy bending at her disposal.

Aang never mastered all the elements except for Air when he faced Ozai.

EmmafrostXmen I tagged you because I saw you needed help. I justed pointed out the downplay of Korra's abilities.

Korra fire blasted a Sand Shark.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

https://gfycat.com/dizzytimelyafricanjacana