Aang vs Korra - (bloodlusted with 4 elements, no AS)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Aang vs Korra - (bloodlusted with 4 elements, no AS) (224 votes)

Aang 73%
Korra 27%

Aang vs Korra

Neither can enter the Avatar State. Both have all 4 elements. Both are EOS versions + comics

Both are bloodlusted.

They start 60 feet apart. (for reference, a standard basketball court is 94 ft. long)

location. The field with a lake where Sokka and Katara faced Ty Lee and Mai

No Caption Provided

Which Avatar takes it?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I goofed with the image sizes and now the OP format is messed up ugh

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang has more impressive feats than Korra IIRC so I'd say he should take the win.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Is this kid Aang or are we also to consider his adult self that briefly appeared in LoK? Because that version could Bloodbend, and I am not sure kid Aang knew how to do that? (he might in the comics but I haven't read those).

Bionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bionar

Give korra bloodbending and Aang None to make a fair fight.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: no, only up to the comics excluding that flashback of adult Aang. Also, did he bloodbend? It seemd to me his Avatar State rendered the bloodbending useless on him rather than using bloodbending himself to counter Yakone's BB

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang handily.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: no, only up to the comics excluding that flashback of adult Aang. Also, did he bloodbend? It seemd to me his Avatar State rendered the bloodbending useless on him rather than using bloodbending himself to counter Yakone's BB

I was under the impression he was using blood bending the same way Amon did to remove the bending ability or block it as it appeared to be, but I might be wrong.

Anyways if it's Aang without blood bending, but Korra has metal and spirit bending (two abilities I am not sure are terribly useful at this location)... giving a slight edge to Korra on the basis of her more aggressive fighting style vs Aang's more evasive one.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Aang has better feats all around so there's no real reason why he'd lose.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang blitzes.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: I don't think he can blitz her since she has pretty good reaction time

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Earendill

Aang.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang likely takes it due to seismic sense being the only thing giving him a clear edge, but Korra still gives him hell and takes a few rounds.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anthp2000  Moderator

Aang only needs airbending (and the other elements wouldn't factor much against a waterbender of Korra's level anyway).

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang stomps cause he's a far superior character from a far superior show

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korra cannot be compared to any AVATAR, she is literally the weakest.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra destroys him with little effort.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang bodies Korra any time of the week.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korra cannot be compared to any AVATAR, she is literally the weakest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@marvelfan1992 said:

I was under the impression he was using blood bending the same way Amon did to remove the bending ability or block it as it appeared to be, but I might be wrong.

Anyways if it's Aang without blood bending, but Korra has metal and spirit bending (two abilities I am not sure are terribly useful at this location)... giving a slight edge to Korra on the basis of her more aggressive fighting style vs Aang's more evasive one.

Avatar State renders bloodbending useless, I believe its likely an outright inability to bend the body of such a powerful Waterbender as nothing else makes sense. The only other explanation would be Aang knowing bloodbending but being unable to use it outside the Avatar State unless a full moon was present

Sprit Bending is something Aang has also used, at least in a simplistic form, and although he doesn't have metalbending he does have Seismic Sense which is more useful in many scenarios

Its also worth noting that Airbending is what Korra is least skilled in where its Aang's bread and butter. Earthbending is Aang's weak spot where Korra tends to show favouritism towards fire and water.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:

A more powerful waterbender can become immune to bloodbending without learning it. Katara demonstrated this against Hama before she learned the technique in the original series. Amon was able to do the same to Tarrlok(although he had bloodbending). The Avatar State boosts the bending potential of the Avatar, so he was reasonably immune to the effects of bloodbending when he entered into that state. Bloodbending might be one of their powers, but no Avatar has demonstrated it yet.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Well, please send me a message when you are done with them if you are interested in this.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: @storm_calling: I would agree that its was likely the Avatar state that could render Aang immune to the bloodbending, since all the bending arts appeared to depend on the user being able to move and bloodbending normally just dropped people to their knees.

That said i dont think blood bending is really as hard to master as the series implied it was, the human body (along with the blood) is 70% water after all. But it was just considered abhorrent for a water bender to use that particular body of water so everyone just shunned the idea. Same way how metal bending went from one or two known characters to have a whole city made up of metal benders.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang stomps and he’s still a better character than her.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Korra is the better bender/fighter, and Aang is more spiritual.

-Aang gets one shotted in some instances, while Korra has insane durability and is easily able to take a beating.

-Aang got stomped by Azula, and stalemated by Zuko when he didn't have access to the avatar state. Without the avatar state Korra wins, But with the avatar state Aang wins.

-Just because Aang is a better character and the original series is better doesn't mean you can ignore the fact that Aang is really only better than Korra when it comes to the spiritual side of bending and airbending, while Korra is better than Aang when it comes to physical stats, bending water, earth, and fire.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra...she is stronger and a more talented standard bender...Aang relies too much on the Avatar state...

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@universeichigo1: Honestly compared to avatar Kyoshi all of the avatars are weak, she moved an island. Id say that Aangs durability prevents him from winning. Korra can tank all of aang's (non avatar state) attacks. And Korra is better than Aang (non avatar state) when it comes to water, earth, and fire while aang is >>> Korra when it comes to air.

Aang with avatar state >> Korra with avatar state

Korra without avatar state > Aang without avatar state

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: that is wrong in so many ways aang outclasses korra in every element, i am busy right now but i will explain the reason latter.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GXrevs06

Aang wins but it is extremely close. Korra is a lot stronger than people give her credit for. Aang is better with earth and air while she is better with water and fire.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vengefulshot  Online

Aang stomps Korra with AS state in play but he loses in a close match without it.

Korra's earth is pretty useless here but Aangs water and fire are complete non factors.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ang mid-high diff.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hope_w
@amonfire1776 said:

Korra...she is stronger and a more talented standard bender...Aang relies too much on the Avatar state...

You cant be serious? Name a SINGLE time Aang just has been legitimately dominated (Barring one complete CiS instance with Azula on the drill)? Its even worse when the benders of her era are atleast 2x weaker than the legends of the old days....even fodder had legitimate feats in that time period where as with Korras time earth bending car sized boulders is still impressive.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@universeichigo1: Yea no. Aang was stalemated by zuko, beaten by Azula. Fighters that korra should defeat in a close match.

Korra is also has better reaction feats such as reacting point blank and catching a metal wire in episode 1, and also reacting point blank to an explosion. She also was fast enough to punch and break some of tarlocks ice blades.

Korra is also miles more durable than aang. Aang has even been 1 shot in some occasions. Korra has been slammed, cut, blasted, and pummeled but she always gets right back up. Also don’t even try to debate that aang is more durable that korra because it’s been shown that aang is a glass cannon time and time again.

Aang is however much much more evasive than korra. Aang can even likely dodge almost all of Korra’s attacks for a time. But as I said before korra can And has tanked attacks just as strong as aang’s unboosted(by avatar state) bending. But still I give aang the edge in this category.

Korra is also a much better h2h fighter than aang. Korra has been able to keep up with chi blockers who are avatar elites when it comes to h2h(I know that the first time korra fought the chi blockers she struggled but she got the hang of it by the middle of season 1). Aang rarely has ever fought h2h aside from just dodging constantly, while dodging is a good strategy in a h2h battle he would still eventually get tagged by korra and be 1 shotted.

Water bending is completely evident that korra is a much much much much better waterbender than aang. Her 1 water bending feat in the final episode of the legend of korra was greater than all of aang a waterbending feats(when she created multiple waves as large as a building and froze kuviras robot without the avatar state). I don’t even know how you could argue that aang is a better waterbender.

Firebending is also ridiculous that you could say aang is better at. Aang was still a novice firebender by the end of the series, while korra end of series was a firebending master. Aang has next to no firebending feats aside from feats that were boosted by zozins comet, or the avatar state. Korra however has plenty of great fire bending feats that far surpasses aangs feats by the end of his series.

Earth. This one also goes to korra. Aang was stated by toph to “still need some work on earthbending” by the end of the last airbender series. Korra on the other hand was a master earthbender in the first episode of season 1(she had mastered 3/4 elements by the start of her series). Korra also has better non avatar state feats with earthbending than aang does.

Air. This one obviously goes to aang by far. Air and water were the only elements aang had truly mastered by the end of his series, and korra was in truth not gifted with air like aang was. Although korra was good at air, aang was amazing with air.

Like I said before with avatar state aang stomps, but without it korra has too many advantages.

Aang by the end of series was only said to have mastered 2/4 elements while korra had mastered 4/4 by the end of her series. Zuko and toph both said in the last episode that his fire and earth need work.

I see korra winning 7-8/10

I love avatar the last airbender so much more than the legend of korra, but many people have a huge bias for aang just because his show is better. Korra has WAY better non avatar state bending feats (besides air).

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hope_w

@amonfire1776: how is that legit? And can Korra BB? I havent seen Korras comics (or know if they even exist).

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: IMO aang seems to be a weaker one as well. Unless Kyoshi was just ridiculous. The island split is good af.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is in the top 3 regarding power, skillset and so on when he is freaking bloodlusted. I don't think anyone could beat him if he actually tried to kill someone. He has raw power feats that only someone like Bumi could replicate.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator

Aang is on a different level. She's going to give him a run for his money though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: IMO aang seems to be a weaker one as well. Unless Kyoshi was just ridiculous. The island split is good af.

She did that in the Avatar State

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Legend of Korra was a show with great animation and fight scenes, yet butchered the source material and was an aborted fetus of a setting from like.....episode 2

Avatar The Last Airbender was like a 9.2/10

Korra was like a 5/10 at best

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: okay? Not really relevant considering we’re only talking about people who can use avatar state. Compared to Kyoshi they’re all trash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: okay? Not really relevant considering we’re only talking about people who can use avatar state. Compared to Kyoshi they’re all trash

Honestly though, thats because we never even saw them at their prime. Korra was an arrogant novice and Aang wasn't really a "master" at all of the elements during the show.

Compared to all other firebenders, everyone besides Zuko, Azula and Sozin are trash. But thats because anybody else who could be on their level is basically featless. Its the same with the likes of Avatar Roku/Kyoshi

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea no. Aang was stalemated by zuko, beaten by Azula. Fighters that korra should defeat in a close match.

Korra is also has better reaction feats such as reacting point blank and catching a metal wire in episode 1, and also reacting point blank to an explosion. She also was fast enough to punch and break some of tarlocks ice blades.

No Caption Provided

At the end of the series, Aang was holding his own against a comet-enhanced Ozai. Also when he fought Zuko in season 3 when Zuko tried to attack him, Aang avoided everything he did and when he actually started to fight (with just air bending) he easily wrecked him.
It's worth noting that Aang definitely seemed stronger in season 3 than in season 2 (when he was stalemated by Zuko and lost to Azula). And that's not even getting into comic feats.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Those two explosions were completely different. Korra reacted to a nigh instantaneous explosion while aang reacted to an explosion that is fast, but not as instantaneous as a point blank explosion. Also combustion Man was further away from aang than korra was away from the bomb. So korra has to react faster.

Also korra is just >>> Aang when it comes to physical attributes besides speed. And korra has the reaction feats to keep up with aangs speed.

Also korras durability >>>> Aangs durability.

Also aang was also boosted by the comet, not just ozai. Aang being boosted by the comet helped him defend against ozai’s fire attacks. Aang was also losing that fight until the avatar state kicked in. Although aang did almost get the upper hand with lightning redirection, ozai didn’t expect that so it’s not a fair comparison.

I completely agree that season 2 aang << season 3 aang But korra has mastered 4/4 elements by the end of her series and aang has only mastered 2/4. Aang was stated to need work on earth and fire in the beginning of the series finale. So without avatar state korra should win. With avatar state aang would beat korra, although aang does have the advantage of having his past lives power while korra does not so this is also not really a fair comparison either.

Personally I think most people here are only voting aang because they like aang more and are ignoring the fact that korra has WAY more impressive power display’s when not in the avatar state. I know Avatar is a better show but people disregard feats that korra has in favor of Aang who is not that amazing when not in the avatar state.

Durability:

Korra >>> Aang

Speed:

Aang >> Korra

Reaction time:

Korra >\= Aang

Water bending:

Korra >> Aang

Earth bending:

Korra >> Aang

Fire bending:

Korra >> Aang

Air bending:

Aang >>> Korra

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By onsipin

@emmafrostxmen: I don't believe Korra's earthbending is ">>" compred to Aang. They are close to equal in earth many would say, and if she is indeed better, its not by much, not enough to give her the win. Aang's airbending is just too good, coupled with his insane ability to dodge.

check out these feats in the lower half of the post. Also you' see in the upper half of the post his earth withstanding for some time a COMET AMPED Ozai. Korra has never shown any firebending remotely similar in power to a comet-amped Ozai's firebending, at least not without the Avatar State

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/aang-vs-korra-674785/?page=15#js-message-17743027