anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
No Caption Provided

Avatar Aang and King Bumi decide to face off once again. Their last fight ended in a stalemate. This time, a more experienced Aang and a more serious King Bumi will fight at their best to settle the difference between who is the most powerful elemental master in the bending world.

• Aang is restricted to airbending only for this fight / no AS
  • Fight takes place in Omashu (where Bumi wrecked the FN during the eclipse)

Round 1: Both are IC, but are not holding back to an awful deegre (willing to fight for the win)
Round 2: Both are completely bloodlusted, bloodthursty, awfully mad and furious with each other to a murderous point

Speed vs Scale: Who will prevail?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

They both seem evenly matched but I'd favour Bumi in character and Aang bloodlusted.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Bumi for round 1, but not without a heck of a fight

Both bloodlusted, makes things closer. I'm still inclined to go with Bumi, a extra century of experience has gotta mean something, but could easily see Aang winning too. Might just end up killing each other

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see Aang winning with just airbending. Keep in mind Aang was fighting to save the lives of his friends in their first match. He 100% believed that if he failed they'd die. So on his part that was about as close to a bloodlusted Aang as you were going to get, where as King Bumi was playing games with Aang and mocking him the entire fight. When we see Bumi go all out when he took back Omashu he was also many, many times faster, stronger, and more powerful than he was against Aang, which strongly suggests Bumi was holding back.

On top of that Aang didn't really improve that greatly as an airbender. In fact most of Aang's best airbending feats are from Book 1 when the creators seemingly weren't sure how strong they wanted bending to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see Aang winning with just airbending. Keep in mind Aang was fighting to save the lives of his friends in their first match. He 100% believed that if he failed they'd die. So on his part that was about as close to a bloodlusted Aang as you were going to get, where as King Bumi was playing games with Aang and mocking him the entire fight. When we see Bumi go all out when he took back Omashu he was also many, many times faster, stronger, and more powerful than he was against Aang, which strongly suggests Bumi was holding back.

On top of that Aang didn't really improve that greatly as an airbender. In fact most of Aang's best airbending feats are from Book 1 when the creators seemingly weren't sure how strong they wanted bending to be.

This. Even bloodlusted Aang isn't as good as King Bumi without all 4 elements.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: tbf, no Avatar State means Aang wasn't as bloodlusted and he hadn't faced many benders before. Your point is good and I also don't think Aang can beat Bumi with just air. Maybe 3/10 for Aang.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

They both seem evenly matched but I'd favour Bumi in character and Aang bloodlusted.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@justicethorpsylocke said:
@lvenger said:

Any reasons for the bloodlusted round?

@mial42 said:
@metaljimmor said:

This. Even bloodlusted Aang isn't as good as King Bumi without all 4 elements.

He was just evading at the start of the fight though, so we should keep in mind what Bumi said. "Avoid and evade. Typical airbending technique).
He was more bloodlusted against Ozai than against anyone and overall, what I think gives Aang a good chance, is basically his super speed.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

He was evading, but that's because that is how airbenders fight. It's not like he was holding back, he was just evading until he could see some kind of opening. As far as Aang knew his friends were going to die. He was clearly not in a state of mind to be pulling punches.

I don't tend to acknowledge his super running speed in debates because Aang himself doesn't acknowledge that ability. It was a one off thing that we never saw again that he's never employed in combat.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000:

He was evading, but that's because that is how airbenders fight. It's not like he was holding back, he was just evading until he could see some kind of opening. As far as Aang knew his friends were going to die. He was clearly not in a state of mind to be pulling punches.

I don't tend to acknowledge his super running speed in debates because Aang himself doesn't acknowledge that ability. It was a one off thing that we never saw again that he's never employed in combat.

He used it in the Drill as well. It's a feat we shouldn't ignore imo, which is one of the main reasons bloodlusted Aang's a powerhouse.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

When did he use it in the Drill? The only time he might have used his speed was when running back down the wall, which was more adding his natural speed to his fall with an air burst for acceleration.

Either way, it's not an ability he's ever used in combat. If the character refuses to use an ability in a combat scenario then he won't use it on a battle forum debate. Keep in mind bloodlusted just means he is going for the kill and won't hold back, it doesn't mean he forsakes all his normal combat tactics and fighting style.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@metaljimmor said:

@anthp2000:

When did he use it in the Drill? The only time he might have used his speed was when running back down the wall, which was more adding his natural speed to his fall with an air burst for acceleration.

Either way, it's not an ability he's ever used in combat. If the character refuses to use an ability in a combat scenario then he won't use it on a battle forum debate. Keep in mind bloodlusted just means he is going for the kill and won't hold back, it doesn't mean he forsakes all his normal combat tactics and fighting style.

That's what I meant, and a human cannot do that, he was obviously using airbending to ehance his speed.

Exactly because he is fighting to kill, he is going to use it imo. If he used it in battle, the force behind his attacks could have easily killed half of his opponents.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@anthp2000: He's more inhibited by morals, so removing them would push him just that little bit he needs to take Bumi in a close fight

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

He isn't going to use it because he's never used it in a fight. He didn't even use it to ESCAPE opponents who were trying to kill him like Combustion Man or Ozai because he never uses it in a battle situation. If your main argument is he'll use an ability he straight up does not use for combat purposes to win a duel then your argument is already built on a poor foundation.

This isn't some killing blow he refuses to use out of morals. It's just a PIS ability he used once, maybe twice, and never used again.

Anyway, I'm not going to keep going in circles about this so I'll leave it at that.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Bloodlust would give Aang the edge in making full use of his speed advantage and overall power.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumi is just better. Give Aang earth to counter some of Bumi's offence and maybe he can take a majority with just bloodlust.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any comics feats for aang's airbending?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pierpat

bumi was holding back more than aang in their encounter, so he's winnig round 2 even more decisively than he is doing so in round 1.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

bump

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo it's most likely what Lvenger said in post 3.