Aang vs Iron Man

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Who wins and why?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Iron Man. Unless Aang can metal bend.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funsiized

@rbt said:

hasn't shown it.

Avatar image for scottishwarlord
ScottishWarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aang, depending on which part of the series, if it's the beginning, he dies fairly quickly if it's the end Iron Man loses indefinitely, if it's a healthy middle it's a horse race but aang wins

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

hasn't shown it.

In than case, Tony stomps.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Iron man.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang, depending on which part of the series, if it's the beginning, he dies fairly quickly if it's the end Iron Man loses indefinitely, if it's a healthy middle it's a horse race but aang wins

Tony stomp regardless and even if you came up with a good reason why Aang could win he still loses....Aang isn't redirecting a repulsar beam

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rbt said:

I don't think its even possible to metal bend the armor. Metal benders only bend the unpurified metal because their is still pieces of earth. I think Tony's armor is a purified metal.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kyrees

@neonpheonix said:

Tony stomp regardless and even if you came up with a good reason why Aang could win he still loses....Aang isn't redirecting a repulsar beam

or missiles for that matter.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going with aang, havent seen tony's feats

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all are discrediting Aang. Just watch his fight with Firelord Ozai.

Tony doesn't have an answer for avatar state.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: so the avatar state can stop lasers and missiles and has supersonic speeds then ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@odinsonnn: You've got to be kidding me. I've seen that fight. Aang is not on Tony's level. He is a glass cannon, meaning his durability sucks compared to what he can dish out. Considering that Tony has scrapped with Thor (not won, but survived) I doubt that any attacks of Aang's will even dent Tony's armor. Hell, Tony has mixed it up with Hulk too. And there's sure as hell no way that Aang is even on a Hulk-level. Basically, Tony is faster, stronger, more durable, has better reflexes, and better weapons. Aang tries anything, and Tony fries him with a repulsor blast. That's all there is to it.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Yes.

1. The avatar can redirect lightning.

2. Tony is not supersonic.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why isn't this spite? if it was during sozin's comet on the ocean during a full moon and aang was in avatar state as a full grown adult he would lose... this is a terrible mismatch

look at this nonsense @cooldes

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrees

@odinsonnn: 1. laser and missiles are not lightning

2. tony may be or may not be sonic but you have to supersonic to defeat his speed

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Odinsonnn

@shiryu: 1. Tony has not beaten Thor or Hulk.

2. This fight is essentially Tony vs the planet. Do you understand what being the avatar means?

Let's just run through the elements.

Earth: Aang has large scale control over this entire element. Makes for a nigh-impregnable defense and packs one helluva punch. He even learned to bend without his vision via tuning with the environment (similar to daredevil).

Air: Aang was born and raised with the control of air. As powerful as hurricanes to the precision of a razor. Not to mention mobility that easily matches Tony's.

Water: The ocean is undoubtedly nothing to play with. I shouldn't have to explain how much of an advantage Aang has with this. He can encase the entire armor in water. Or ice.

Fire: Ozai was almost like Iron man on dat juice. He maneuvered and battled in a very similar manner to the Iron man suit (zipping around blasting missiles and repulsor beams) except Ozai's style was obviously more aggressive and powerful.

When Aang is in the avatar state he gains the training and discipline of all previous avatars. His already scary control over these elements only gets stronger and utilized so much more effectively. If you saw the fight like you say, Aang created and fought in his avatar state (with the four elements) via an atomic-style.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Odinsonnn

@kyrees: Exactly. Lasers and missiles are terribly lesser threats than lightning.

And redirecting lightning is undoubtedly a better feat (reaction time, power, control, durability) than avoiding human weaponry--who can't dodge missiles these days?

You do not have to be supersonic to stop Tony (ie. hulk, wolverine, spiderman, cap).

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees

@odinsonnn: avatar state only means someone who can use all the elements, not the battle the planet itself.

earth: tony can blast through it and aang needs to keep his concentration on keeping up that wall of earth from being blasted down

air: can be avoided by tony's thrusters

water: same as air

fire: same as air

the thing with avatar state is that you need to see your enemy before you can hit him/her and tony is far faster, stronger and tougher than ozai.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Exactly. Lasers and missiles are terribly lesser threats than lightning.

And redirecting lightning is undoubtedly a better feat (reaction time, power, control, durability) than avoiding human weaponry--who can't dodge missiles these days?

Actually, lightening in the avatar state is just an extension of fire, as opposed to real life. It isn't a different nature release like most other fictions do. There is no reason that it's as fast as real life lightening.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Very false.

Tony cannot just march through earth.

And he is certainly not the speed demon you are making him out to be. His speed and reaction feats are no where near your assumptions, nor are they better than Aang's.

@princearagorn1: I'm not even sure what you're saying. It's undeniably the same lightning we know and see in real life, there is absolutely nothing that suggests it is any slower than the speed of lightning. You're point shaving right now.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: lasers and missiles are not lesser threats. one has the ability to burn through you or incinerate you if even touch it and one has the ability to inflict massive shock damage if they get too near you. avatar lightning is not equal to a concentrated laser attack and fire bomb is not equal to a missile

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@odinsonnn said:

@kyrees: Very false.

Tony cannot just march through earth.

And he is certainly not the speed demon you are making him out to be. His speed and reaction feats are no where near your assumptions, nor are they better than Aang's.

@princearagorn1: I'm not even sure what you're saying. It's undeniably the same lightning we know and see in real life, there is absolutely nothing that suggests it is any slower than the speed of lightning. You're point shaving right now.

Not at all. The lightening in avatarverse is a specific one. It originates with fire, unlike real life lightening. Other elements are exactly the same, though. I've discussed the point in a quite long discussion, with me saying it's lightening speed. I wish I could find it though..

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: using the elements is not equal to fighting the planet. he's not a speed demon but in the movies, iron man has enough speed to match jet fighters accordingly and i am using the movies for this one. you can march through an earth wall through sheer persistence of missiles or lasers or be more intelligent and go around the person bending target him accordingly. should aang even use lightning, he just amped iron man.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Odinsonnn
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aang. If he uses all of his skills right he can dish out quite a bit of harm to Tony. Also, to all the laser redirecting and deflecting, Aang stopped a GIANT drill machine almost single handedly because of his Earth bending. I think if he has that potential he can block a few lasers and missiles. Then he can counter attack by flying to Tony's level and air bend him out of the sky, where he will use his other bending techniques to destroy him.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: you're loling because you find my argument odd then ? then please tell me again how in earth is avatar state aang faster than tony ? because i found the calculations on the net on his speed in the movies. and please tell me how the four basic elements would stand up against "specialized elements" for the very least ?

i find it insulting that someone laughs at my argument without even putting up a sensible and debatable reaction to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kyrees: I see his point but you're right, that was insulting.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Aang is not doing anything to Iron Man.

This is a hilarious mismatch.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any realize that if Anng gets hit by anything he's out? Yeah Aang can try to protect himself with the elements but eventually something's going to hit him and when it does Aang is out.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cooldes

Avatar verse durability <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< A baby ant with polio in cruches with glass bones and paper skin.

Iron man durability tanks nukes no prob, full on hits from thor no scratches, punches from sentry with no dents etc.

if tony flicks him, he literally dies.

there is nothing ang can do here literally.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I do apologize for insulting you.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01 said:

How are people even considering the possibility of Aang winning!?? He doesn't stand a chance.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't this thread locked yet? really....

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You conveniently forgot to mention that was during sozin's comet where both were amped to a degree.

Iron Man #133, he beats Hulk

Benjamin568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man is by far my least favorite superhero, ever, but even I know this is a curbstomp for him. Aang wouldn't be able to do anything to his armor.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@odinsonnn: You might want to re-read:

@shiryu said:

@odinsonnn: You've got to be kidding me. I've seen that fight. Aang is not on Tony's level. He is a glass cannon, meaning his durability sucks compared to what he can dish out. Considering that Tony has scrapped with Thor (not won, but survived) I doubt that any attacks of Aang's will even dent Tony's armor. Hell, Tony has mixed it up with Hulk too. And there's sure as hell no way that Aang is even on a Hulk-level. Basically, Tony is faster, stronger, more durable, has better reflexes, and better weapons. Aang tries anything, and Tony fries him with a repulsor blast. That's all there is to it.

Never said he beat either one of them. Aang does not win here. Nothing in Avatar is as impressive as what Tony can do. And WTF? Ozai more powerful than Iron Man? Don't know if I can even take you seriously considering that statement.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: Tony has beaten Hulk. More than once too.

Iron Man's armors have withstood the force of nukes, hits from an angry Hulk, and hits from an angry Thor. Aang can't even crack the armor.

Iron Man has flown at Mach 8.7 which is over 6500 miles per hour.

I have scans to prove every statement here.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tony survives being at or close to a nuclear explosion. Now someone post a feat showing Aang do damage comparable to that.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn said:

You conveniently forgot to mention that was during sozin's comet where both were amped to a degree.

If anything, you're proving my point.

1. Sozin's comet only amps firebenders. You could argue that Aang's firebending at the time had increased, but the other three elements were unaffected (meaning that was all Aang).

2. It was clear as day that Sozin's comet really had the influence on Ozai more than anything. His bending was amped to a degree far greater than normal (that was the whole point of the arc: the fire nation would wait for the comet, before they invaded, to be stronger). That meant Aang had to overcome an even greater task. No way Tony is beating Ozai--DURING Sozin's comet--in a random encounter.

If by the simplest of powerscaling logic (which I despise) it is clear to see that Aang would have his way with Ironman. But you don't even need to know that Tony is unable to beat Ozai to know he can't beat Aang the AVATAR.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@odinsonnn: Why not shoot him and that's it... Or nuke him... Or just fly at him at mid speed... Tony's armor is too much for Avatar-verse. Even the weakest of his armors is enough to stomp on Aang.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@odinsonnn: So what about it? There's nothing stopping Iron Man from beam him in the head effortlessly.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess that's it. If that video/those feats can't convince you then let's just agree to disagree.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: That was a really cool video but nothing he did in that video would have made a dent in Iron Man's armor... You speak as if WE'RE ignoring feats meanwhile we are showing you scans of Iron Man withstanding nuclear explosions at point blank range without so much as a scratch... Do you honestly think that Aang has the destructive capability of a nuclear blast? Even if he did it still wouldn't be enough... You would have to prove that he has enough power to dwarf a nuclear explosion. I mean an atomic bomb has the blast force of 20,000 tons of TNT and has the range of 3.5 miles and Iron Man withstood that...

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@odinsonnn said:

If anything, you're proving my point.

1. Sozin's comet only amps firebenders. You could argue that Aang's firebending at the time had increased, but the other three elements were unaffected (meaning that was all Aang).

2. It was clear as day that Sozin's comet really had the influence on Ozai more than anything. His bending was amped to a degree far greater than normal (that was the whole point of the arc: the fire nation would wait for the comet, before they invaded, to be stronger). That meant Aang had to overcome an even greater task. No way Tony is beating Ozai--DURING Sozin's comet--in a random encounter.

If by the simplest of powerscaling logic (which I despise) it is clear to see that Aang would have his way with Ironman. But you don't even need to know that Tony is unable to beat Ozai to know he can't beat Aang the AVATAR.

How exactly am I proving your point?Aang was amped as well during the fight and Iron Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aang

1. Aang is a firebender, he was amped as well. There's no debating this.
  2. It affected both, because they're firebenders, duh. Tony tanked a nuke, and a nuke is at least 100x more powerful than anything Ozai could do. and all Tony needs is one repulsor blast to hurt Ozai, two to kill him.
  3. Power Scale-Tony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Aang>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..Ozai. Tony has Aang beat in every category you can imagine. When Aang shows the speed to fly at the least Mach 1, class 50 strength, durability to tank hits from hulk and thor, and superior intelligence, then we can have a debate. But since Aang is nowhere near this power level, its a stomp for Iron Man.
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

aang doesnt have the means or raw power to take on iron man. iron man could tank most of the things he dishes out