Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I'll go with Aang. I actually think he'll embarrass Crystal a few times by knocking her over with gusts of wind before knocking her out with martial arts. He can win through sheer speed, agility and fighting ability.

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingpin1

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ms__omega

Aang

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kingpin1

Aang

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Roddy010

I can see this going either way but I'm leaning more to Crystal she's slighty more versatile thanAang which gives her an edge....

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Belladonna
@Roddy010 said:
I can see this going either way but I'm leaning more to Crystal she's slighty more versatile thanAang which gives her an edge....
That and she's shown to manipulate elements without all the unique movements Avatar benders have to do.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roddy010
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
That and she's shown to manipulate elements without all the unique movements Avatar benders have to do.
Exactly this is why I have problems with Aang vs  threads if someone can generate an attack before he can then he loses...
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roddy010
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Exactly this is why I have problems with Aang vs  threads if someone can generate an attack before he can then he loses...
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Belladonna
@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Or if they manage to restrict his body movement. Kinda leaning towards Crystal on this.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

BUMP

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Crystal would beat Aang if he can't go into the avatar state IMO. He does not have an attack that she can't counter, she is more powerful( he would need the avatar state to beat her), can execute her powers faster and has greater vesatility with her powers. She can KO him with seismic energy beams,use earthquakes to keep him off balance, can generate low level tornado force winds (115 mphs per the handbook which I believe is F2) which is still more powerful than what Aang has shown, can create earth and fire constructs to fight Aang (though that comes with a risk), and can fly so he won't be ableto get close to her to take out with his h2h skills.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Belladonna

She's also been shown to create lightning or something like that.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Charmix said:

Hmmm... I have never seen her create lightning but I do know that she can manipulate electrical forces, including lightning, once the source exists. I recall her intensifying the voltage of electricity to fry the Super Adaptoid once he was already being electrocuted, and redirecting a lightning bolt once Thunderstrike summoned it, but she hasn't done it on her own to my knowledge.  
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Belladonna
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Charmix said:

Hmmm... I have never seen her create lightning but I do know that she can manipulate electrical forces, including lightning, once the source exists. I recall her intensifying the voltage of electricity to fry the Super Adaptoid once he was already being electrocuted, and redirecting a lightning bolt once Thunderstrike summoned it, but she hasn't done it on her own to my knowledge.  
taaadaaa  
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/384/ffv1104188jj.jpg/
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Charmix
You ROCK :-)....have not seen this one. Then I am not sure which is writer error or if we would have to go by her last showings for the purpose of debate. I have one showing from classic FF where Crystal, with difficulty, summoned storm clouds but needed Johnny's flame to create the  heat needed for a thunderstorm to create lighnting, and the last showing I have for her was when she was with the Avengers and she needed Thunderstrike to summon a bolt of lightning for her to direct it vs her creating it herself??? damn writers with their inconsistencies.... 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Belladonna
@THUNDERBOLT30: Woohooo :D nice scan :) hahah.
Avatar image for theshadowbuddha
TheShadowBuddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheShadowBuddha

IF Aang was allowed to go into the Avatar State, then I firmly believe that our bald friend would win. 

Without the Avatar state? Aang is royally screwed... He already has to make physical movement to enable his bending abilities to work, not giving him the Avatar State is just icing on the cake lol.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Only issue I have with Crystal is that you'll notice it actually takes her time to manipulate the elements. She has to concentrate, so it really isn't the speed of thought - more like a few moments for her to make something happen. The scans above demonstrate this - in one she had to raise her hands and make lightning flash, and in another she needed assistance to set up the necessary conditions to manipulate lightning. Those are actually pretty consistent - making lightning flash is different from calling lightning to strike a target, and she doesn't seem to have Storm's ability in that regard so we can say that her ability to manipulate the elements depends on where she is and how much strain she's under. She generally just sticks to the four classic elements because her powers are a bit limited. Aang can produce the same effects she can more consistently and without additional help and we've seen him create powerful effects with minimal concentration. And we've seen Aang create multiple effects very quickly, so even if he is gesturing, this does not necessarily mean his powers are slower to come into effect, especially since Crystal can't really be said to have a speed advantage here.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@PhoenixoftheTides
You have a point on the lightning. I don't think it would help her here, but I think Crystal can manipulate the elements at a faster speed than Aang's bending forms, though maybe not speed of thought as you stated. I remember her striking at or getting ready to strike at Exodus with her powers first but his TK eye beams actually nailed and stunned her before she even knew what happened. I think most of her showings I have of her she needs to take a bit of time to manipulate the elements but she does have some showings of her manipulating the elements at impressive speed when the need has arised. Here are a couple... 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

Aang doesn't have to make movements to use abilities, what do you call fire breathing or running as fast as wind or even blowing wind out of his mouth without moving his body?

Avatar image for theshadowbuddha
TheShadowBuddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheShadowBuddha

Aang's abilities still demand physicality from him, and running at extremely high speeds by manipulating the air currents around him counts as physically moving, considering the fact that he's, well... running. And would you mind telling me exactly what Aang's air blowing or fire breathing are going to do against somebody with mental manipulation powers of those two things? 

EDIT: Breathing and running = physical activity.
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

i'm not saying they would be useful, i'm just stating that not all of his powers require movements.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Belladonna
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Only issue I have with Crystal is that you'll notice it actually takes her time to manipulate the elements. She has to concentrate, so it really isn't the speed of thought - more like a few moments for her to make something happen. The scans above demonstrate this - in one she had to raise her hands and make lightning flash, and in another she needed assistance to set up the necessary conditions to manipulate lightning. Those are actually pretty consistent - making lightning flash is different from calling lightning to strike a target, and she doesn't seem to have Storm's ability in that regard so we can say that her ability to manipulate the elements depends on where she is and how much strain she's under. She generally just sticks to the four classic elements because her powers are a bit limited. Aang can produce the same effects she can more consistently and without additional help and we've seen him create powerful effects with minimal concentration. And we've seen Aang create multiple effects very quickly, so even if he is gesturing, this does not necessarily mean his powers are slower to come into effect, especially since Crystal can't really be said to have a speed advantage here.
She has manipulated the elements pretty quick, quick enough to save herself and quicksilver from an explosion. Her using her hands to use her powers is an exaggeration to depict her using her powers, same could be said for Jean who uses telekinesis or Invisible Woman creating a invisible projection. Of course every one needs concentration little or more to use power, so pointing it out doesn't help. In a way her powers and Avatar's benders are the same, they need their material present, minus the exception of fire and air benders. She has manipulated fire in a complex fashion to ensnare Medusa, created a rock construct of the Thing and Black Bolt, suck air out of a Skrull's lung, create rain, and halt the pressure of water. All shown at fairly quick speed. But Aang requires movement to bend, while Crystal does not. But this may go either way, but I'm leaning towards Crystal more.
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Belladonna
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
i'm not saying they would be useful, i'm just stating that not all of his powers require movements.
Running and breathing are part of physical movements =] 

But I like the way you think:)
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THUNDERBOLT30: Looking at those scans kind of reinforce what I was saying. Crystal actually gestures to use her powers in them, so it looks like she uses physical movements to focus her concentration in a manner similar to Aang, which is why I'm not really convinced she has the speed advantage here. She actually looks more similar to a Bender then different.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Charmix said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
She has manipulated the elements pretty quick, quick enough to save herself and quicksilver from an explosion. Her using her hands to use her powers is an exaggeration to depict her using her powers, same could be said for Jean who uses telekinesis or Invisible Woman creating a invisible projection. Of course every one needs concentration little or more to use power, so pointing it out doesn't help. In a way her powers and Avatar's benders are the same, they need their material present, minus the exception of fire and air benders. She has manipulated fire in a complex fashion to ensnare Medusa, created a rock construct of the Thing and Black Bolt, suck air out of a Skrull's lung, create rain, and halt the pressure of water. All shown at fairly quick speed. But Aang requires movement to bend, while Crystal does not. But this may go either way, but I'm leaning towards Crystal more.
Agreed on the similarity between Benders and Crystal. I'm leaning more towards Aang because of his increased physical speed, agility and overall combat competence. I'm not sure if Crystal would even be able to tag such a quick moving target. I see your point but considering that Aang has countered fireblasts, saved himself from falling and quickly erected walls of earth to defend himself against attacks, I'd say it is pretty hard to really say either's powers are that much faster. And certain methods of Bending, aren't that reliant on movements - for example, when Aang flies using his kite, he doesn't gesture at all. He unfurls it and literally it seems as if he uses only his mind to find air currents. And he's pretty fast with Bending - we've seen him do more complex things than Crystal in only a moment - he's taken out many enemies with one type of Bending, switching to another to take out another enemy, using martial arts to dodge and avoid, while counterattacking with Air, etc. so he seems more like what Crystal would be if she was combined with Iron Fist. But if you are leaning towards Crystal, that's fair enough :).
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Sissel
@Charmix said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Or if they manage to restrict his body movement. Kinda leaning towards Crystal on this.

Can't Aang's friend, Bumi, earthbend even in a restricted metal? So, why can't Aang if he is the greatest bender of all benders even the previous avatars since he will inherit their skills. And, Aang can also counter what Crystal throws at him. Will it be an explosion, he can curl up the ground over him. Or water slash, he can freeze it. Throws him gust, he can dodge it or also used one too. He can also use Lightning, not as fast as Ozai though. And what can she do with blood bending? Given the battle at day, what can she do against full powered Avatar state Aang more?
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Roddy010
@PhoenixoftheTides: Yeah the only reason why I'm leaning more towards    Crystal is because of her versatility...I  do agree   with you though on their similarities...I just feel thatCrystal  has more in her arsenal... 

@Sissel:  
  1. Bumi's face was  still exposed which is how he was still able to Earthbend had that not been the case he would  hvae still been trapped...
  2. Crystal  can counter anything Aang can through at her as well...
  3. Aang can't make lightning he can only  redirect it to a degree...The only  people who made lightning in the Avatar Universe  were Iroh, Ozai and Azula...
  4. Aang can not blood bend...The only two people who blood bended in the Avatar Universe were Hama and Katara...The only way  to do this is under a full moon...
  5. A full  powered  Avatar will put up a good fight but Crystal versatility will  help her in this match...
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Belladonna
@Sissel said:
@Charmix said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
 Can't Aang's friend, Bumi, earthbend even in a restricted metal? So, why can't Aang if he is the greatest bender of all benders even the previous avatars since he will inherit their skills. And, Aang can also counter what Crystal throws at him. Will it be an explosion, he can curl up the ground over him. Or water slash, he can freeze it. Throws him gust, he can dodge it or also used one too. He can also use Lightning, not as fast as Ozai though. And what can she do with blood bending? Given the battle at day, what can she do against full powered Avatar state Aang more?
@Roddy010 said:   

@Sissel:  
  1. Bumi's face was  still exposed which is how he was still able to Earthbend had that not been the case he would  hvae still been trapped...
  3. Aang can't make lightning he can only  redirect it to a degree...The only  people who made lightning in the Avatar Universe  were Iroh, Ozai and Azula...
  4. Aang can not blood bend...The only two people who blood bended in the Avatar Universe were Hama and Katara...The only way  to do this is under a full moon...
  5. A full  powered  Avatar will put up a good fight but Crystal versatility will  help her in this match...
theres the answer done. Thanks for saving me the time lol =] 
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
@Charmix said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
Agreed on the similarity between Benders and Crystal. I'm leaning more towards Aang because of his increased physical speed, agility and overall combat competence. I'm not sure if Crystal would even be able to tag such a quick moving target. I see your point but considering that Aang has countered fireblasts, saved himself from falling and quickly erected walls of earth to defend himself against attacks, I'd say it is pretty hard to really say either's powers are that much faster. And certain methods of Bending, aren't that reliant on movements - for example, when Aang flies using his kite, he doesn't gesture at all. He unfurls it and literally it seems as if he uses only his mind to find air currents. And he's pretty fast with Bending - we've seen him do more complex things than Crystal in only a moment - he's taken out many enemies with one type of Bending, switching to another to take out another enemy, using martial arts to dodge and avoid, while counterattacking with Air, etc. so he seems more like what Crystal would be if she was combined with Iron Fist. But if you are leaning towards Crystal, that's fair enough :).
But see, he needs his kite in order to fly, while Crystal does not. Most of Aang's method in using his power requires something to do so, like you said he flies by using his kite, while Crystal can psionically manipulate wind to move her around. By complex I meant like creating sculptures out of the elements :o lol. Fair is fair =] 
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Charmix said:
@Sissel said:
@Charmix said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
@Roddy010 said:   

@Sissel:  
theres the answer done. Thanks for saving me the time lol =] 
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
@Charmix said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Roddy010 said:
@Charmix said:
@Roddy010 said:
But see, he needs his kite in order to fly, while Crystal does not. Most of Aang's method in using his power requires something to do so, like you said he flies by using his kite, while Crystal can psionically manipulate wind to move her around. By complex I meant like creating sculptures out of the elements :o lol. Fair is fair =] 
He doesn't need his kite - it's just one of his methods. You'll notice in many of his episodes that he can use wind to float, push himself around and one of his custom Bending techniques was a sphere of wind that he could stand on top of. We also know that by Bending Fire, he can project himself through the air at great speeds. And we've seen him fly before, but most of the time it was in his Avatar state. And we've actually seen Aang bend Earth to move the ground around - the structures he built may not have had artistic value but they were more formidable than making statues ;).
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Belladonna
@PhoenixoftheTides: Yes he can, but mainly relies on the glider. He can't just manipulate it the way Crystal can, to allow her to fly. But Crystal has shown to make exact sculptures, with her powers, showing how skilled and precise she has over her powers. ;x <3
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Charmix
Hey, do you have the scans of Crystal halting the water pressure and pulling the air out of a skrulls lungs? If so, can you send them to me or post them please? Crystal is my second favorite character and I haven't seen her do this before  :-).   
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Belladonna
@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah give me a while =] I'll pm them to you ^___^
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sissel
@Roddy010 said:
@Sissel:  
1. Well, I can't counter that one if he is in a metal cage. But I assume that being Toph's student, he will gained the ability. Just my thought. 
2. I can only assume that in Legend of Korra Aang's level of bending might have increased on the time skip. Probably gaining the techniques his friends achieved. 
3. Yes he can. Quoted from Avatar wikia: 
"Generating lightning involves a circular motion with the arms. Mentally, it involves a complete absence of emotion and peace of mind, and physically it requires separating the energies of yin and yang (also an interpretation of positive and negative electric charge). When the yin and yang collide together to become whole again, lightning is created, and the bender only guides, rather than controls, the lightning's direction. Because of this complexity, a lightning attack usually takes much longer to initiate than standard fire attacks, though skilled benders, like Ozai, have been shown to generate lightning much faster than the others." 
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Generation 
He can generate then directs it. Not really, controlling the whole thing. 
4. Same as 2. 
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sceonn

Crystal may have dexterity but still pales in comparison to Aang's power. Benders may make movements to bend but you can't forget that those movements of theirs are also Martial-Arts so it can only support them in battle not hinder them. Also Aang's base powers grew remarkably after his last battle with ozai when he'd finally achieved his complete Avatar state gaining the skills/knowledge of those before him.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By cyberninja

Aang

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roddy010
@Sissel: Aang doesn't generate lightning he only  redirects it to a degree...  
@sceonn: All Aang did was pull up a large quanity of  water to put out the fire impressive yes but Crystal has moved cities with her earth manipulation,  swammed  in lava, lowered the internal temperature of Iron Man and Hawk  Eye....Aang  has never  shown any of these abilities...
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Not stating that Aang has no chance, but what has he done outside of the avatar state that Crystal can't counter? I can't think of anything he could do, save for trying to use his martial art skills for a KO, which is unlikely.  

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Roddy010
@THUNDERBOLT30: Highly unlikely...
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sceonn
@Roddy010 said:

@sceonn: All Aang did was pull up a large quanity of  water to put out the fire impressive yes but Crystal has moved cities with her earth manipulation,  swammed  in lava, lowered the internal temperature of Iron Man and Hawk  Eye....Aang  has never  shown any of these abilities...

We're talking about a guy who shrieks at the idea of hurting people let alone killing. The fire bender avatar could bend lava and has without going avatar and Aang has gained all their skills. Benders can do a lot of things like making water out of moisture in the air or controlling plants and people's body though water bending alone or shooting laser/heat beams through fire bending and Aang has bended clouds and crystals before so you think it couldn't be to lower someones temperature? if blood bending can manipulate your body why can't it just freeze the water it's controlling? He can even take away bender's abilities through energy bending without going avatar though i don't know what affect that would have on a mutan/inhuman but it's all power nonetheless so it should account for something. Bending allows for more flexibility and manipulation of the elements than Crystal's ability. 

What i'm saying is that TO ME Aang has a better chance of rising victorious should he fight her in his base form though his morality could get in his way.
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sissel
@Roddy010: Again I quote you this.  

"Generating lightning involves a circular motion with the arms. Mentally, it involves a complete absence of emotion and peace of mind, and physically it requires separating the energies of yin and yang (also an interpretation of positive and negative electric charge).When the yin and yang collide together to become whole again, lightning is created, and the bender only guides, rather than controls, the lightning's direction. Because of this complexity, a lightning attack usually takes much longer to initiate than standard fire attacks, though skilled benders, like Ozai, have been shown to generate lightning much faster than the others." 

Also to counter about your statement on sceonn, Avatar Kyoshi did infact moved an island. Also, Avatar level can use bend lava/magma.  He doesn't need to swim in it, he can bend it. Although, Aang haven't shown any feats to change internal temperatures but he can change the temperature of any liquid. Also, Aang can use this: 

"Some of the standard Waterbending weaknesses can be overcome by skilled Waterbending masters. In environments without water a master can pull water particles out of clouds, air and even out of living organismssuch as plants and trees. The drawback is that if water is removed from a living organism, it will wither and die."
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@sceonn said:

@Roddy010 said:

We're talking about a guy who shrieks at the idea of hurting people let alone killing. The fire bender avatar could bend lava and has without going avatar and Aang has gained all their skills. Benders can do a lot of things like making water out of moisture in the air or controlling plants and people's body though water bending alone or shooting laser/heat beams through fire bending and Aang has bended clouds and crystals before so you think it couldn't be to lower someones temperature? if blood bending can manipulate your body why can't it just freeze the water it's controlling? He can even take away bender's abilities through energy bending without going avatar though i don't know what affect that would have on a mutan/inhuman but it's all power nonetheless so it should account for something. Bending allows for more flexibility and manipulation of the elements than Crystal's ability. 

What i'm saying is that TO ME Aang has a better chance of rising victorious should he fight her in his base form though his morality could get in his way.

I must state that you make a good argument here for the benders :-). I don't think it would be a curbstomp for either of them but I think Crystal has more powerful showings and she is more versatile. Aang, nor any previous avatar has blood bended so it's an ability that doesn't help him here specifically. But in terms of a blood freeze, which I think makes sense for skilled benders considering what Hama and Katara did, Crystal may still have a defense to that since she can actively control the molecules (water, air, etc.) in her own body. And Aang wouldn't be able to bend away Crystal's powers since her's are psionic and controlled by her mind. While I agree that some of the feats you mentioned, like the laval bending and controlling plants via the water inside are feats Crystal has not shown, she also has abilities that the benders have not shown and is more applicable to this battle based on the fight location(a beach with little to no plant life). She can generate powerful earthquakes that would keep Aang off balance, can KO him with seismic energy beams, and she can animate earth and water into constructs that could fight him for her.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Roddy010
@sceonn: The  Avatar state is irrelevant in this batte sine he an't use it...You're right benders have alot of potential to do these things unfortunately none of the abilities you just listed have been displayed in Avatar...The only water bender who can pull moisture from air is Hama and only three people showed the ability to bend plants...Only two people showed the ability to bend blood and they can only do this in certain situations....Also Crystal is not a bender so that trick he used on Ozai won't work....Bending is just a more compliated way of manipulating the elememnts whih is why Aang is at a disadvantage.... 

@Sissel: Okay 
  1. Aang CAN NOT create lightning...He can only rediret it to a degree...No where in that qoute does it say Aang can create lightning...It only explains how Ozai, Iroh and Azula where able to create  it...This is the last time I will say this...Aang has never shown this ability...
  2. Kyoshi moved an island not Aang...He isn't allowed to go into Avatar state in this battle so it irrelevant and also the island that Kyoshi created has a smaller compacity than the city that Crystal levitated...
  3. Hama was the only bender to pull moisture from the air...No other bender showed this ability save Katara...And this won't help him any way...He won't be able to take the moisture from Crystal's body because HE NEVER SHOWED THIS ABILITY.....
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Belladonna
@THUNDERBOLT30: Here you goo... :D 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for alexander_sparrow
Alexander_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

AAng only b/c of his Avatar mode

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Alexander_Sparrow
Aang doesn't have the avatar state for this battle.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Charmix
You're awesome :-). I actually have these issues and totally forgot about this feat for Crystal. Thanks for the reminder and the scans.
Avatar image for alexander_sparrow
Alexander_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@THUNDERBOLT30: oh in that case nvm
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@sceonn said:

@Roddy010

said:

@Sissel

: Aang doesn't generate lightning he only  redirects it to a degree...  

@sceonn

: All Aang did was pull up a large quanity of  water to put out the fire impressive yes but Crystal has moved cities with her earth manipulation,  swammed  in lava, lowered the internal temperature of Iron Man and Hawk  Eye....Aang  has never  shown any of these abilities...

I must state that you make a good argument here for the benders :-). I don't think it would be a curbstomp for either of them but I think Crystal has more powerful showings and she is more versatile. Aang, nor any previous avatar has blood bended so it's an ability that doesn't help him here specifically. But in terms of a blood freeze, which I think makes sense for skilled benders considering what Hama and Katara did, Crystal may still have a defense to that since she can actively control the molecules (water, air, etc.) in her own body. And Aang wouldn't be able to bend away Crystal's powers since her's are psionic and controlled by her mind. While I agree that some of the feats you mentioned, like the laval bending and controlling plants via the water inside are feats Crystal has not shown, she also has abilities that the benders have not shown and is more applicable to this battle based on the fight location(a beach with little to no plant life). She can generate powerful earthquakes that would keep Aang off balance, can KO him with seismic energy beams, and she can animate earth and water into constructs that could fight him for her.

There is sand bending which Aang has encounter before and i think he used it aswell. As for keeping him off balance i don't see that happening, he clearly still had his wind dome surrounding him after leaving his avatar state during his fight with ozai. Also earth benders can levitate earth/rock as we see Tohp always riding on it when she travels and there is the jet propulsion flight used by firebending as well not to mention he could fight her for control over the elements in his proximity making all of this useless. 
Also on your comment  about Crystals powers being psionic in nature that makes it even easier to bend it away with energy bending as it is basically just knowledge in her brain. Energy bending can give or take away knowledge. And how is animating earth of any use against someone who can control it. 
Crystal can manipulate the classical elements but not their compounds and minerals makeup like benders so i stand by my opinion.