• 181 results
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

who wins when these four master benders go at it? 

-morals on 

-Aang JUST USES airbending, no avatar state or other bending arts 

-fight happens at sunset 

-win by k.o or making the other team give up 

EDIT- Since some say the fight is unfair due to Toph not seeing well on sand, i will break it into two scenarios 

FIGHT 1 HAPPENS HERE 

No Caption Provided
 fight 2 happens here 
 fight 2 happens here 
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

If Aang can use only airbending, I think Zuko and Toph would take a majority. Earthbending and Firebending just tend to be more directly combat-applicable than Airbending and Waterbending.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By odinforce
Morals on, I'd go with Zuko and Toph. 

Morals off, Katara can control their blood even without the full moon.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By cascadeking09
@(((Prodigy))) said:
If Aang can use only airbending, I think Zuko and Toph would take a majority. Earthbending and Firebending just tend to be more directly combat-applicable than Airbending and Waterbending.
This
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:
@(((Prodigy))) said:
This
This^
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EpitomeofCool

team 1 6/10..aang has beat zuko plenty of times with just airbending and I see katara beating toph...

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@EpitomeofCool said:
team 1 6/10..aang has beat zuko plenty of times with just airbending and I see katara beating toph...
The times that Aang beat Zuko were back in the days when Zuko was extremely angry and impetuous. It was later in the series that he started to learn the focus and inner peace that helped him develop his Firebending skills.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cascadeking09
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@EpitomeofCool said:
The times that Aang beat Zuko were back in the days when Zuko was extremely angry and impetuous. It was later in the series that he started to learn the focus and inner peace that helped him develop his Firebending skills.
I'll say again this^. Let's not forget that he went from getting beat by Azula every time the fought and barely holding his own to fighting evenly with her after learning from the Dragons. Aang had to use Earth and Air bending when he fought Azula.  There is also one or maybe two times before Zuko changed that he was fighting Evenly with Aang.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood_guts
@The Stegman: question can zuko use his swords and aang his staff?
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By one_upper
@odinforce said:

Since when can she Blood-Bend without the aid of a full moon? Both times she's been shown utilizing the skill have been under a full moon and she never used it in any other situation, even life-and death against Azula, so what evidence do you have she could do it without a full moon?

As far as the fight goes I'll say Aang and Katara win 6/10.  Toph has a hard time reacting to Aang because he is so light on his feet and his attacks are extremely hard for her to detect. Add in the fact they're fighting on sand which further takes away from Toph's ability to sense her opponents and their as shown when they were in the desert. Water trumps fire and the longer the fight lasts the stronger Katara becomes and the weaker Zuko becomes. uko may have greatly progressed towards the end of the series and he's my favorite character, but in this particular situation i think the cards are stacked against him. She has a lot of water at her disposal.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood_guts
@one_upper: i see zuko playing defensive with some heavy cover from toph before he goes in for a bloody melee.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Blood_guts:  

Aang has his staff since it's pretty much essential to his bending, but Zuko doesn't have his swords, besides the few instances we've seen him use them as the Blue Spirit, he usually fights with fire alone (again Zuko Alone being the only other exception)
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@one_upper:  

Add in the fact they're fighting on sand which further takes away from Toph's ability to sense her opponents and their as shown when they were in the desert. 

I don't think the sand will be much of a factor. There was an episode after the desert when the GAang was all chilling on the beach and Toph said she had been practicing with sand. She used sandbending to form a mini-scale town. 

Toph has a hard time reacting to Aang because he is so light on his feet and his attacks are extremely hard for her to detect. 

the longer the fight lasts the stronger Katara becomes and the weaker Zuko becomes. 

Hmm. Good points. I hadn't considered those factors when I looked at the fight.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood_guts

water bending seems slow so i see no reason why she wouldn't get torched before she could do anything. Aang can't pierce through rocks with wind can he? anyway my money's on toph there may be water everywhere and you can make wind balls anytime but theres always a ground (unless you're in space) so i say she makes a giant wave of sand and blocks any attack they have before crushing them and if that doesn't work fire has plenty of aplications like burning things.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By odinforce
@one_upper said:
@odinforce said:

Since when can she Blood-Bend without the aid of a full moon? Both times she's been shown utilizing the skill have been under a full moon and she never used it in any other situation, even life-and death against Azula, so what evidence do you have she could do it without a full moon?  As far as the fight goes I'll say Aang and Katara win 6/10.  Toph has a hard time reacting to Aang because he is so light on his feet and his attacks are extremely hard for her to detect. Add in the fact they're fighting on sand which further takes away from Toph's ability to sense her opponents and their as shown when they were in the desert. Water trumps fire and the longer the fight lasts the stronger Katara becomes and the weaker Zuko becomes. uko may have greatly progressed towards the end of the series and he's my favorite character, but in this particular situation i think the cards are stacked against him. She has a lot of water at her disposal.
She did it in season 4 when she was trying to find her mother's killer. Her and zuko found a scumbag in a ship believed to be the killer and Katara used blood-bending on him and I dont remember a full-moon at all.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By one_upper
@The Stegman: Nice Avatar

@(((Prodigy)))

I know I am familiar with the Episode. She did make a point to mention how it effected her abilities in the desert and in the Episode on the Beach at the end of Book 3 they are just chilling and she doesn't have to really worry about sensing anyone so she never really mentions it. It doesn't effect the precision of her bending, just her ability to sense the movements and attacks of her opponents, which she never had to display in that situation.

@odinforce
It shows Appa flying by a full moon right before that.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Team 2.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By one_upper
@TheGoldenOne: Why?
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@one_upper

@(((Prodigy))) said:

He said it best^
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap. I love the combo of air and water bending, but without the avatar state, Katara would have to focus on the offense since air bending was so defensive, and unfortunately, I think Toph or Zuko could defeat her and then take out Aang (it's happened before).

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pooty
@TheGoldenOne
@Blood_guts
@(((Prodigy)))
Team 1 wins. Not only is it at sunset which hinders Zuko firebending but the location is on sand which is difficult for Toph. She may be better dealing with it but she has never shown she has mastered it.
Also an entire lake is nearby. Much more water than rock around. And Aang beat Toph without trying. She can't sense his movements once he's airborne. With the sand and Toph problems with airbenders team 1 wins.

@one_upper: wish i had read your post before i damn near copied it word for word. lol
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Knightly1

I say team 1. Katara's versatility and Aang's mobility make for a deadly combination. Since they are on a beach and surrounded by water, Katara could freeze the water around toph's feet so she can't bend. Then, it comes down to Zuko vs. Aang and Katara. Somebody said that Zuko once fought back in the day and they were at even, and since Zuko learned from the dragons, he should win. But, just as Zuko improved his fire bending, Aang improved his airbending, showing mini whirlwinds and airgusts that we hadn't seen him perform before. Heck, he demonstrated himself capable of generating enough air to blast Zuko out of a house. So, I will go with team 1 here.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cascadeking09
@pooty said:
@TheGoldenOne
@Blood_guts
@(((Prodigy)))
Team 1 wins. Not only is it at sunset which hinders Zuko firebending but the location is on sand which is difficult for Toph. She may be better dealing with it but she has never shown she has mastered it.
Also an entire lake is nearby. Much more water than rock around. And Aang beat Toph without trying. She can't sense his movements once he's airborne. With the sand and Toph problems with airbenders team 1 wins.

@one_upper: wish i had read your post before i damn near copied it word for word. lol
Both not true. Zuko's Fire bending is more powerful during the day, but it doesn't get weaker or anything at night. And Toph struggled at first, but during Sozin's comet she is shown making a miniature city out of sand.
If Toph and Zuko work as a team like he and Azula did against Katara and Aang, being airborne shouldn't be a problem for Toph because she could just switch with Zuko.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Roddy010

The only way I see Aang and Katara winning is if they fight members of the oposite nation...Aang has proven that he can take Toph espeacially in this environment...Katara has only gottan beaten by Zuko once, all the other times she has beaten him fairly easy...I say Aang and Katara 6/10.....

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By odinforce
@one_upper: oh ok. some good clarification 
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pooty
@cascadeking09: Toph made an unmoving sandcastle. That is elementary bending. That doesn't prove that she can use it to attack or make it hard and sand does not give off vibrations as well as ground which would hinder her.  His firebending may not get weaker at night but he is not at his peak while Aang and Katara are.. And Aang and katara can work as a team also. A couple minutes is all Aang needs while Katara holds off Zuko.  Plus if Katara wets the sand with all the water around that would make it even harder for Toph. With all these benders being pretty high level the only difference are weaknesses. Toph has 2 major ones while Team Aang has no weaknesses.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Roddy010 said:
The only way I see Aang and Katara winning is if they fight members of the oposite nation...Aang has proven that he can take Toph espeacially in this environment...Katara has only gottan beaten by Zuko once, all the other times she has beaten him fairly easy...I say Aang and Katara 6/10.....

I agree with this. Zuko and Toph are powerful benders and are quite capable of winning here, but I think Katara has proven that she can take on Zuko and, in this location and setting, I think Aang should be able to handle Toph.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09
@pooty said:

@cascadeking09: Toph made an unmoving sandcastle. That is elementary bending. That doesn't prove that she can use it to attack or make it hard and sand does not give off vibrations as well as ground which would hinder her.  His firebending may not get weaker at night but he is not at his peak while Aang and Katara are.. And Aang and katara can work as a team also. A couple minutes is all Aang needs while Katara holds off Zuko.  Plus if Katara wets the sand with all the water around that would make it even harder for Toph. With all these benders being pretty high level the only difference are weaknesses. Toph has 2 major ones while Team Aang has no weaknesses.

She went from knowing nothing about sand bending or how to do it to making mini villages, I think it safe to say she won't have trouble using it to attack in some way. No their bending doesn't get weaker, it just gets stronger during the day. There has never been a single moment where Zuko struggled at night time to fire bend. Zuko can handle Katara or Aang, the only question is Toph, but there is plenty of earth around for her to use. Also it says the fight is at sunset not at night, there's a difference there.
@Roddy010 said:
Zuko and Katara have only fought 1 on 1 once, and technically Zuko won that one. She's never beaten him easily.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By HolySerpent
Im going with aang and katarra.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By one_upper
@cascadeking09 said:
@pooty said:
@TheGoldenOne
@Blood_guts
@(((Prodigy)))

Both not true. Zuko's Fire bending is more powerful during the day, but it doesn't get weaker or anything at night. And Toph struggled at first, but during Sozin's comet she is shown making a miniature city out of sand. If Toph and Zuko work as a team like he and Azula did against Katara and Aang, being airborne shouldn't be a problem for Toph because she could just switch with Zuko.
That doesn't make logical sense. If it gets more powerful by day then obviously it recedes in power with the setting of the sun. It doesn't take away from his base level, but it does take away the strength he gains from the sun. Moreover Katara does gain a significant boost under the moon, specifically depending on what phase it is in.

Making a miniature city out of sand does not reflect any kind of actual practical application in a combat scenario. It doesn't address anything to do with combat or the ability to sense opponents in the sand which was the initial problem.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cascadeking09
@one_upper: He's stronger during the day meaning his power goes up during the day, but it doesn't just drop or get weaker at night. The sun setting isn't going to make too big of a difference for Zuko here. 

She went from not knowing how to do it to playing with it, I think she could do something with it in a combat scenario. I'm not saying she's a master or anything, but she obviously has some sort of skill with it alot more than she did when she and Appa got attacked. There is still Earth around her, here. It all depends on how she chooses to use it and the sand. I'm sure she's smart enough to know to stay  or get to where she can see.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dark Cloud™

I see Toph taking out Aang and Katara, as her bending abilities are more applicable considering the location. Besides, she drove me insane with her metal-bending skills (as they are part of earth-bending), when she warped a door around her and created armor. Zuko, as skilled as he is (at the end of the series versing Azula) would be overkill.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By one_upper
@Dark Cloud™ said:
I see Toph taking out Aang and Katara, as her bending abilities are more applicable considering the location. Besides, she drove me insane with her metal-bending skills (as they are part of earth-bending), when she warped a door around her and created armor. Zuko, as skilled as he is (at the end of the series versing Azula) would be overkill.
There is no metal in this situation to be used. Furthermore there is little Earth, mostly sand. At the end of the series Aang could still defeat Zuko if he wants to.

@cascadeking09 said:
@one_upper: He's stronger during the day meaning his power goes up during the day, but it doesn't just drop or get weaker at night. The sun setting isn't going to make too big of a difference for Zuko here.   She went from not knowing how to do it to playing with it, I think she could do something with it in a combat scenario. I'm not saying she's a master or anything, but she obviously has some sort of skill with it alot more than she did when she and Appa got attacked. There is still Earth around her, here. It all depends on how she chooses to use it and the sand. I'm sure she's smart enough to know to stay  or get to where she can see.

It's specifically shown in the Finale of the First Book that Katara was beating Zuko until he gained strength from the rising sun. No, he does not lose his firebending, nor is it significantly weaker, but it has been illustrated specifically that there is a difference. 

I still won't believe that she has gained applicable battle skills in sandbending until there is evidence presented proving she can sense people in sand the same she can on normal earth and that she can use it just as effectively in combat.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@one_upper said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

There is no metal in this situation to be used. Furthermore there is little Earth, mostly sand.
Earth particles are found in metal, as much as metal is composed of Earth materials, which is why she is able to manipulate. Metal-bending is not exactly separate from Earth-bending in that context, so as long as Toph can manipulate Earth, she is capable of manipulating Metal (but with more effort). And sand is considered part of Earth, as such, she is able to bend it, as she is shown to do during the earlier series (I believe a few episodes after her first appearance when the crew were in the desert).
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pooty
@cascadeking09: You are "assuming" that she can do something with sand that she has never shown to do. As i said, with opponents so evenly matched any flaw can and will be exploited. Toph is a weak link here. Katara or Aang can compete with any of their opponents. Toph can't compete with Aang very long at all. On solid ground i say Toph can compete maybe even beat Katara. But on sand, i don't see it. Also with the sun up Zuko beat Katara. But when it went down(in the same episode) she made short work of him. He even called the sun his strength. The sun makes a difference

@Dark Cloud™: They are near an entire river or ocean and fighting on sand. Katara has the clear advantage over Toph in this situation. Katara also has an advantage over Zuko. The sun is setting so he is at "base" level while an entire lake is at Katara disposal.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Zuko and Toph

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By one_upper
@Dark Cloud™: Well obviously she can bend them both, she has been shown doing it in the series. However it's been demonstrated she can't see well (it's stated as fuzzy) and cannot use her talents for sensing and reacting to opponents in the same capacity.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@one_upper said:
@Dark Cloud™: Well obviously she can bend them both, she has been shown doing it in the series. However it's been demonstrated she can't see well (it's stated as fuzzy) and cannot use her taslents for sensing and reacting to opponents in the same capacity.
Her actual eye-sight is fuzzy, but her senses are tremendously keen around her Earth-bending abilities which have shown to be greatly beyond any other Earth-bender.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By one_upper
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@one_upper said:
@Dark Cloud™: Well obviously she can bend them both, she has been shown doing it in the series. However it's been demonstrated she can't see well (it's stated as fuzzy) and cannot use her taslents for sensing and reacting to opponents in the same capacity.
Her actual eye-sight is fuzzy, but her senses are tremendously keen around her Earth-bending abilities which have shown to be greatly beyond any other Earth-bender.
No she is completely blind. She can't see two inches in front of her face. In the desert she says that the sand makes everything she "sees" using her earthbending through her feet fuzzy. Where normally she can detect even ants crawling on the Earth in the desert she could barely make out humans.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Skaddix

Well Toph and Azula are the greatest prodigies. So I would think Zuko can hold of Aang long enough for Toph to defeat Katara.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@one_upper said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@one_upper said:
No she is completely blind. She can't see two inches in front of her face. In the desert she says that the sand makes everything she "sees" using her earthbending through her feet fuzzy. Where normally she can detect even ants crawling on the Earth in the desert she could barely make out humans.
Yeah, that's what I meant, she's blind. But it doesn't negate her keen senses. Even on sand, she's still extremely proficient above any other Earth-bender.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cascadeking09
@pooty said:
@cascadeking09: You are "assuming" that she can do something with sand that she has never shown to do. As i said, with opponents so evenly matched any flaw can and will be exploited. Toph is a weak link here. Katara or Aang can compete with any of their opponents. Toph can't compete with Aang very long at all. On solid ground i say Toph can compete maybe even beat Katara. But on sand, i don't see it. Also with the sun up Zuko beat Katara. But when it went down(in the same episode) she made short work of him. He even called the sun his strength. The sun makes a difference

@Dark Cloud™: They are near an entire river or ocean and fighting on sand. Katara has the clear advantage over Toph in this situation. Katara also has an advantage over Zuko. The sun is setting so he is at "base" level while an entire lake is at Katara disposal.
I'm not assuming that she can use the sand as she can earth, but since there is earth around and she can sand bend I think she can find a way to keep it from hindering her in this fight. And you're talking about something that happened long before Zuko learned the truth about firebending and a time after he had walked all that way carrying  Aang on his back in a snow storm and then being slamed into a cave wall by Aang and "losing" to katara standing in the middle of the snow which happens to be her element. I don't count that.
@one_upper said:
It's specifically shown in the Finale of the First Book that Katara was beating Zuko until he gained strength from the rising sun. No, he does not lose his firebending, nor is it significantly weaker, but it has been illustrated specifically that there is a difference.   I still won't believe that she has gained applicable battle skills in sandbending until there is evidence presented proving she can sense people in sand the same she can on normal earth and that she can use it just as effectively in combat.

The sun is still up, just setting. He won't lose any strength at all, and if it was night it still wouldn't make too big a difference. I'm not trying to say that Toph can use sand bending to fight or sense what direction Katara is coming from.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pooty
@Dark Cloud™: "Even on sand, she's still extremely proficient above any other Earth-bender." 

Are you saying on sand she is better than any earth bender who is also on sand? Or are you saying that if Toph is on sand she is still better than any earth bender on solid ground?
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@pooty said:
Are you saying on sand she is better than any earth bender who is also on sand? Or are you saying that if Toph is on sand she is still better than any earth bender on solid ground?
1. Yes.
2. It's debatable, but I feel she would be.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By one_upper

I assume you aren't taking Bumi into account?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pooty
@cascadeking09: Actually I can call Katara vs Zuko a draw. They are not the real issue. Toph is the reason Team 2 loses. She's hampered. No matter how you look at it she is not her best on sand. And she is not her best against Airbenders. If you have any accounts from the show that prove that isn't the case please present them. She has to be 100% or her team loses.

@Dark Cloud™:  I would argue King Bumi. Toph can metal bend but Bumi can bend without using his hands or feet. That would give him a win against Toph. IMO
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By one_upper

All my opponents left :/

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cascadeking09
@pooty said:
@cascadeking09: Actually I can call Katara vs Zuko a draw. They are not the real issue. Toph is the reason Team 2 loses. She's hampered. No matter how you look at it she is not her best on sand. And she is not her best against Airbenders. If you have any accounts from the show that prove that isn't the case please present them. She has to be 100% or her team loses.
Toph doesn't have to fight Aang for 1. 2 see the other part of my post the that was directed at one_upper.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blacharrt

toph owns.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pooty
@cascadeking09: Regardless of who Toph faces first she won't be at the top of her game. Katara can hang with Toph on solid ground with a lake nearby. And Aang knows he can take Toph out quickly without harming her. And Zuko couldn't stop him with Katara running interference. Toph is the weak link.