• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for soliloquy
#1 Edited by soliloquy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang, the Avatar.

 Aang The Avatar
 Aang The Avatar

Vs.

 
 
Ororo Munroe The Weather Goddess 
Ororo Munroe The Weather Goddess 

Situation

 
*Aang, has reached maturity with his body and his powers.*
Morals On.
No Prep-Time.
Battle takes place above the Pacific Ocean, with mountains near by.
Avatar image for the_stegman
#2 Posted by the_stegman (38701 posts) - - Show Bio

i gotta say Aang

Moderator
Avatar image for pikminmania
#3 Posted by PikminMania (4770 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman:  I gotta say Storm, but then again my cousin knows more about Avatar than more.
Avatar image for the_stegman
#4 Posted by the_stegman (38701 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania: i was giving it to Aang because he just seems faster, especially in the air, as an airbender, he's naturally agile and quick, he has been shown to redirect lightning, so storm can't attack with that, he can control the ocean below them with great accuracy (especially in the avatar state) as well as shoot powerful fire blasts, really he can either dodge or negate everything storm throws at him 
 
  
  here he is at his finest
Moderator
Avatar image for son_of_storm
#5 Posted by Son Of Storm (11362 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#6 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
i gotta say Aang
Avatar image for Manchine
#7 Posted by Manchine (5919 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:


                    i gotta say Aang

                   

               
Avatar image for aqua11500
#8 Edited by Aqua11500 (2696 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm stomp. 
 
Anything he can dish out,she can counter.She's more experienced,more versatile,more powerful etc.. 
 
She can Also fly and move much faster then he can.   
 
She control air better than he does 
She can cancel any fire based attacks with plethora of abilties 
She can redirect,freeze or vaporize water attacks. 
 
She can deflect earth attacks with wind or evade them i aerial maneuvering. 
 
This is dumb,and all the people saying Aang would win, especially @Manchine (who thinks she looses at just about everything-__-) 
Im flagging the thread,has been done before.Storm slaughters, even If Avatar mode and older. 

Avatar image for difficlus
#9 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say storm. 

Avatar image for roddy2010
#10 Posted by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm spite....

Avatar image for cascadeking09
#11 Posted by cascadeking09 (6847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
Storm stomp. 
 
Anything he can dish out,she can counter.She's more experienced,more versatile,more powerful etc.. 
 
She can Also fly and move much faster then he can.   
 
She control air better than he does 
She can cancel any fire based attacks with plethora of abilties 
She can redirect,freeze or vaporize water attacks. 
 
She can deflect earth attacks with wind or evade them i aerial maneuvering. 
 
This is dumb,and all the people saying Aang would win, especially @Manchine (who thinks she looses at just about everything-__-) Im flagging the thread,has been done before.Storm slaughters, even If Avatar mode and older. 
I agree with this, but I don't agree with flagging this thread.
Avatar image for katanalauncher
#12 Posted by katanalauncher (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a fight where Storm actually wins.

Avatar image for aqua11500
#13 Posted by Aqua11500 (2696 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09:  This has been done before >:( 
 
..maybe twice
Avatar image for thepowercosmic
#14 Posted by Thepowercosmic (955 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going with Aang. In the video he was 12  and look at what he was capable of doing. In the pic he look's like he is on he's 20', so imaging what he will be capable of doing in the avatar state.
Avatar image for sherlock
#15 Posted by Sherlock (7490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
@cascadeking09:  This has been done before >:(  ..maybe twice
It has been done twice i know because i debated in both of them
 
BTW i still say Aang wins 
@Thepowercosmic: Anything he could do at 20 is all speculation so its pretty much invalid
Avatar image for thepowercosmic
#16 Posted by Thepowercosmic (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock: I now, but if he is using the one in the picture you should assume the he is wiser and ha's more mastery over the elements. 
Avatar image for sherlock
#17 Posted by Sherlock (7490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thepowercosmic said:
@Sherlock: I now, but if he is using the one in the picture you should assume the he is wiser and ha's more mastery over the elements. 
You can assume that but you have no feats top back it.On here if you dont have evidence of your claim then its invalid.Speculation only goes so far though i agree he should be a lot more powerful at 20
Avatar image for thepowercosmic
#18 Posted by Thepowercosmic (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock: There's true in your words.
Avatar image for xmenfallen
#19 Posted by xmenfallen (1539 posts) - - Show Bio

storm wins............................................... 
 
yes aang can redirect lightning BUT he can only do it ONE AT A TIME 
storm can throw dozens of lightning at the same time

Avatar image for roddy2010
#20 Posted by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio
Okay...Where to begin.... 
  1. Aang even in the Avatar   State has to rely on martial arts movement to bend the air, while Storm who has a psionic connection to the elements she manipulates can create weather with less than a conscious thought...So she can generate her powers  faster than he would...
  2. Storm has continental, global and cosmic feats...No Avatar has accomplished any feats to this degree...
  3. Storm has a much greater control than Aang...She has manipulated elements on a sub-atomic level as well  as manipulate elements within the human body...Aang has  never donse any thing like this...
  4. Aang can redirect lightning to a degree...He won't be able to handle lightning coming from multiple direction or a bolt with the energy of an entire tempest...If  Storm wanted to she ould disintergrate Aang with a bolt of concussive force...Aang is way in over his head....
Avatar image for pikminmania
#21 Posted by PikminMania (4770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thepowercosmic: zthat is just fan art
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#22 Posted by cascadeking09 (6847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
@cascadeking09:  This has been done before >:(  ..maybe twice
Yeah I know. I think I may have popped up in one of those.
Avatar image for sherlock
#23 Posted by Sherlock (7490 posts) - - Show Bio
@xmenfallen said:
storm wins...............................................  yes aang can redirect lightning BUT he can only do it ONE AT A TIME storm can throw dozens of lightning at the same time
There is nothing that states that he can only redirect one bolt at a time that is pure specualtion@Roddy010 said:
Okay...Where to begin.... 
  1. Aang even in the Avatar   State has to rely on martial arts movement to bend the air, while Storm who has a psionic connection to the elements she manipulates can create weather with less than a conscious thought...So she can generate her powers  faster than he would...
  2. Storm has continental, global and cosmic feats...No Avatar has accomplished any feats to this degree...
  3. Storm has a much greater control than Aang...She has manipulated elements on a sub-atomic level as well  as manipulate elements within the human body...Aang has  never donse any thing like this...
  4. Aang can redirect lightning to a degree...He won't be able to handle lightning coming from multiple direction or a bolt with the energy of an entire tempest...If  Storm wanted to she ould disintergrate Aang with a bolt of concussive force...Aang is way in over his head....
1: I still dont know why that keeps being brought up its not really relevant
2:Im pretty sure they arent starting on opposite sides of the planet so that is again irrelevant
3:This i can agree with 
4:Lighting can only come from one direction,Up.If all of it is aimed at Aang then hes not going to have any problem redirecting it.In order to space it out enough for him not to be able to she would have to miss him and then its not really a big deal
Avatar image for roddy2010
#24 Posted by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock said:
@xmenfallen said:
storm wins...............................................  yes aang can redirect lightning BUT he can only do it ONE AT A TIME storm can throw dozens of lightning at the same time
There is nothing that states that he can only redirect one bolt at a time that is pure specualtion@Roddy010 said:
Okay...Where to begin.... 
  1. Aang even in the Avatar   State has to rely on martial arts movement to bend the air, while Storm who has a psionic connection to the elements she manipulates can create weather with less than a conscious thought...So she can generate her powers  faster than he would...
  2. Storm has continental, global and cosmic feats...No Avatar has accomplished any feats to this degree...
  3. Storm has a much greater control than Aang...She has manipulated elements on a sub-atomic level as well  as manipulate elements within the human body...Aang has  never donse any thing like this...
  4. Aang can redirect lightning to a degree...He won't be able to handle lightning coming from multiple direction or a bolt with the energy of an entire tempest...If  Storm wanted to she ould disintergrate Aang with a bolt of concussive force...Aang is way in over his head....
1: I still dont know why that keeps being brought up its not really relevant 2:Im pretty sure they arent starting on opposite sides of the planet so that is again irrelevant 3:This i can agree with  4:Lighting can only come from one direction,Up.If all of it is aimed at Aang then hes not going to have any problem redirecting it.In order to space it out enough for him not to be able to she would have to miss him and then its not really a big deal
  1. It is  relevant because Storm will attack quiker than Aang could...He requires steps to perform his bending...While she just thinks and the weather commands....
  2. I never said they were starting on opposites of the planets...Again this is relevant because this shows Storm is more powerful than any bender on Avatar none of them have any continental, global or cosmic feats....
  3. Okay...:)
  4. Thats's regular lightning...Storm can control lightning like a telekinetic she once led lightning through a pipe all the underground...Also she can make mutiple  bolts to strike him  at different directions...I doubt he could dodge them all...And him redirecting lightning is risky for him...For one it drains him and if he doesn't do it right he could kill himself...
Avatar image for aqua11500
#25 Edited by Aqua11500 (2696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock:

  There is nothing that states that he can only redirect one bolt at a time that is pure specualtion

May be speculation,but Aang has more against him proving that he cant redirect several bolts of lightning when Zuko and Iroh have only been seen redirecting one bolt. 
Storm could possibly over load him, even if he shot it back i doubt it would be harmful to her. Iroh said if the electricity passes through your heart it could be deadly.With Storm you have lightning coming from the sky,out of her body 360 all around.BTW her lightning is much more powerful than the shows lightning bending.   
 
 


  I still dont know why that keeps being brought up its not really relevant 


because she is quicker on the draw and has faster reaction timing.Her powers simply activate faster.He has to use physical moments to use his powers.Storm beats him to the punch every time 
 
.

  I never said they were starting on opposites of the planets...Again this is relevant because this shows Storm is more powerful than any bender on Avatar none of them


That has nothing to do with it.She still shows power on a much greater scale.Her powers are planetary/global,cosmic, wider array etc.   
She also flys much faster than he does.
 

Lighting can only come from one direction,Up.If all of it is aimed at Aang then hes not going to have any problem redirecting it.In order to space it out enough for him not to be able to she would have to miss him and then its not really a big deal
 


Lightning can come from above,her hands,her eyes etc.That's just too much lightning for even Avatar Aang.No one in that series has dealt with electricity on the scale of Storm's power.If Azula can one  shot  him in Avatar mode,then it's twice as easy for Storm.She still has finer control over air,and she could thefore snatch the air from his lungs enough for him to simply pass out,but not die if the goal wasn't harming the boy.
Avatar image for mm24
#26 Posted by mm24 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

aang easily, once he turns blue and enters avatar beast mode, storm should quit and probably fly home very quickly.

Avatar image for isaac_clarke
#27 Posted by isaac_clarke (5961 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more inclined to say Storm stomps. 

Avatar image for mm24
#28 Posted by mm24 (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke:   obviously you didnt watch the show
Avatar image for roddy2010
#29 Edited by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio
@mm24 said:

@isaac_clarke:   obviously you didnt watch the show

And you obviously haven't read any comics involving  Storm...
Avatar image for mm24
#30 Posted by mm24 (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010I have storm is an extremely powerful mutant thats true, but aang is an entity once he masters the four elements and its sub elements, energybending, the avatar state, the spirit world which he should because the maker of this thread said he has matured with his powers and body which means storm loses badly. 
cant compare an entity to a mutant lol
Avatar image for the_stegman
#31 Posted by the_stegman (38701 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010:  
 
ok, i'mma try and argue for Aang 
 

Aang even in the Avatar   State has to rely on martial arts movement to bend the air, while Storm who has a psionic connection to the elements she manipulates can create weather with less than a conscious thought...So she can generate her powers  faster than he would...

you're right that Aang requires some sort of movement in order to bend an element, but anything she can generate he can rebound it, she creates a tornado, he can dispel it, she creates a tidal wave, he stops it, in avatar state he can control all four elements, and their sub elements simultaneously  
 

Storm has continental, global and cosmic feats...No Avatar has accomplished any feats to this degree...

Aang has used spirit bending to completely remove other's bending, he has all of the experience and skills of every avatar before him, he's strong enough to erupt volcanos, at the end of season one, he controlled an entire ocean and became the embodiment of the moon spirit, he took out an entire army, he can separate continents with earth bending, convert water in all of its stages as well as turn earth to mud, create suits of diamond, or turn earth into quicksand. 
 

Storm has a much greater control than Aang...She has manipulated elements on a sub-atomic level as well  as manipulate elements within the human body...Aang has  never donse any thing like this...

Again, Aang has the experience from every avatar, that's thousands of years of control, it has been shown that waterbenders can control the blood in a human's body, although this is speculation, it's likely aang could learn this in the future, the same with metal bending  
 

Aang can redirect lightning to a degree...He won't be able to handle lightning coming from multiple direction or a bolt with the energy of an entire tempest...If  Storm wanted to she ould disintergrate Aang with a bolt of concussive force...Aang is way in over his head....

Aang is much faster than ororo, as an airbender, he's naturally agile and flexible, he moves like the wind, constantly flowing and using his opponent's energy against them, ororo can fire lightning at him, but against an opponent that is constantly moving, it will be hard to pin him
Moderator
Avatar image for aqua11500
#32 Posted by Aqua11500 (2696 posts) - - Show Bio
@mm24 said:
@Roddy010I have storm is an extremely powerful mutant thats true, but aang is an entity once he masters the four elements and its sub elements, energybending, the avatar state, the spirit world which he should because the maker of this thread said he has matured with his powers and body which means storm loses badly. cant compare an entity to a mutant lol
That's not true. 
 
Aang isn't a entity AT ALL.He's just a souped of version of his normal self in Avatar state. 
 
Just like when Goku powers up as Super sayain,he's not an abstract entity or anything ..he's just attained boost in power.Same with Aang. 
Storm doesn't even have to go all out here.He gets fried every time. Also this all in theory,he could as well still be immature, or his powers haven't really attained signifcant boost.He might be more skilled in using them,but not a power up with his age.  
 
 
@The Stegman
 
 

Aang has used spirit bending to completely remove other's bending, 


Storm isn't a bender  
 

he can separate continents with earth bending,


No he hasnt shown this ability,but Kyoshi did.BTW it was a Island,not a continent.    
 

 

Again, Aang has the experience from every avatar, that's thousands of years of control,


If that was the case he could lahve just learned  to bend all elements and mastered Avatar state from the beginning.Being Avatar doesn't automatically give him the skills of his predecessors,he has to work toward them.Though Aang is given there wisdom and insight form his past lives.Only when he activated Avatar state does he become one with all his past life's simultaneously.  
 


  Aang is much faster than ororo


no Storm can go up to as fast as any wind.She's been recorded so far to go up to 600 mphr,she has possibly even tapped sonic speeds before. 
Her reaction timing(physically) is also pretty good.not peak,but maybe Olympic level.She can also read the human snypses,which could give her edge on his movements.


Avatar image for the_stegman
#33 Edited by the_stegman (38701 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:  
 

@The Stegman
 
 

Aang has used spirit bending to completely remove other's bending, 


Storm isn't a bender  
 

he can separate continents with earth bending,


No he hasnt shown this ability,but Kyoshi did.BTW it was a Island,not a continent.    
 

 

Again, Aang has the experience from every avatar, that's thousands of years of control,


If that was the case he could lahve just learned  to bend all elements and mastered Avatar state from the beginning.Being Avatar doesn't automatically give him the skills of his predecessors,he has to work toward them.Though Aang is given there wisdom and insight form his past lives.Only when he activated Avatar state does he become one with all his past life's simultaneously.  
 


  Aang is much faster than ororo



no Storm can go up to as fast as any wind.She's been recorded so far to go up to 600 mphr,she has possibly even tapped sonic speeds before. 
Her reaction timing(physically) is also pretty good.not peak,but maybe Olympic level.She can also read the human snypses,which could give her edge on his movements.
 


 
1. yeah i know she isn't a bender, i was just using that as a cosmic feat since you brought up a cosmic feat to storm, neither of which matter in this fight 
 
2.yes, like i said, he has the knowledge of ALL previous avatars, along with their skills including Kyoshi, whatever they did, he can do by channeling them, and she separated an island in half, which was the size of a small continent 
 
3.at the end of the series Aang mastered the Avatar state, he can enter and leave it whenever he wants, thus giving him all past avatar's skills, the reason he didn't learn all of the bending at the beginning was because he DIDN'T have control of the avatar state 
 
4. Aang has been shown able to run at at least 100 mph however it's not raw speed i was talking about but flexibility, Aang has just been shown moving more fluidly than Ororo, each move leads into an attack and defense, although this may be due to his martial arts background. i've never seen Ororo do anything to show her flexibility or reaction time
Moderator
Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#34 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12406 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Storm's reflexes have stated to be far above a normal human, enough to easily to keep up with and defeat a peak human without her powers, and her powers react at least at the speed of thought. Storm would beat Aang. He does not have the feats, even in the Avatar state, to support he could contend with Storm. She has channeled elemental energy on a global scale several times. With all of the knowledge of previous avatars, Aang did not show he could handle numerous bolts of lightning (he could barley handle one IIRC) let alone bolts coming at him from multiple directions all at once, or wind forces far above what he has been shown to generate. I think he could give her a good fight in the avatar state, but he has not shown anything that she could not overpower,counter, redirect, deflect or dissipate.  

 

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#35 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm because it's just obvious and im not even being a "fan-boy" nor am I going to argue why it's so, as it's been stated before this thread has already been made so WTH was the point of making another one ? with Morales ON ? LOLWTF ?
 
Lock this please.

Avatar image for sissel
#36 Edited by Sissel (2049 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Why? I'm enjoying it here. 
 
Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7703 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sissel: Lmao.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
#38 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Aang, and yes, he probably would have access to much more experience than Storm ever could hope to have due to experiencing the memories of the various Avatars throughout time, but in comic land, I think she can defeat him with a thought whereas I don't think any bender can bend their element without movement. Thought is faster than movement, so she could knock him out with wind, hit him with lightning or fly faster than he could before he could perform the necessary motions to counter.

Avatar image for roddy2010
#39 Posted by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman:  
  1. Again  Storm  has shown feats on a much greater scale than any bender in the  Avatar World...It is possible that she can overpower...
  2. Energy bending  is irrelevant since Storm isn't a bender...All  of these  feats pale in comparison to what Storm has done...
  3. And Again Storm  has more controlover the elements  than any bender in Avatar...She has manipulated elemnts on  a subatomic level aswell as manipulated elements within the human body multiple times...Only two water benders were   able to bend blood that's  Homma and Katara and they can only do it under a full moon..So thats irrelevant as well...
  4. Storm  is much more agile and faster than Aang espeacially in the air...She's out manuvered bull ets, optic blasts and flown at speeds that only jets can math...She once flew from New York to The Savage Land in a matter of minutes...While it took Aang days just to get to different Nations on Appa...
Avatar image for thepowercosmic
#40 Posted by Thepowercosmic (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@Thepowercosmic: zthat is just fan art
I know.
Avatar image for pikminmania
#41 Posted by PikminMania (4770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thepowercosmic: I was just pointing out that you can't say he is older just because it makes him look older.
Avatar image for thepowercosmic
#42 Posted by Thepowercosmic (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania: Inf of the tread.
 
*Aang, has reached maturity with his body and his powers.*
Morals On. 
No Prep-Time. 
Battle takes place above the Pacific Ocean, with mountains near by. 
 
I toke the picture as what he want's to say with,   *Aang, has reached maturity with his body and his powers.*  
 
So i'm assuming, he want's use to take the picture as how old he is in this tread. I think he is on he's 20's.
Avatar image for jodema
#43 Posted by jodema (877 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang takes this. Almost easily.
Avatar image for risktaker
#44 Posted by RiskTaker (33 posts) - - Show Bio
Storm.
Avatar image for greenfuse
#45 Posted by GreenFuse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang. Way too many tricks up his sleeve + powerful + sick fighter :) 

Avatar image for roddy2010
#46 Posted by Roddy010 (6304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jodema: No he doesn't.... 
@GreenFuse: Storm is more powerful than him and she is also a better fighter...
Avatar image for jodema
#47 Posted by jodema (877 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010: Aang is much more agile than she is. Has more control of the elements than she does and can redirect one of her most powerful attacks. This is before he goes into Avatar state btw. How is he losing this?
Avatar image for skaddix
#48 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning still killed him in Avatar State and he can only redirect one bolt at a time.

Avatar image for jodema
#49 Posted by jodema (877 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix: The lightning was created and aimed at him while his back was turned and he wasn't paying attention... The one time he was paying attention he redirected it succesfully.
Avatar image for risktaker
#50 Posted by RiskTaker (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jodema said:
@Skaddix: The lightning was created and aimed at him while his back was turned and he wasn't paying attention... The one time he was paying attention he redirected it succesfully.
Yet Storm can summon multiple, and extremely powerful, bolts of lightning at once. Aang couldn't redirect all that at once.