Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Aang and Korra:

No Caption Provided

VS

Zuko and Mako:

No Caption Provided

In this battle of earth and fire, Aang and Korra will team up to take on Zuko and Mako, who will win?

Aang and Korra are limited to earthbending only. However, Aang retains his agility feats, except the ones that would be impossible without airbending (idk exactly what this means, basically just his average agility, not the extreme high end stuff). No Avatar State

All are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1:

Fight takes place in a forest

Mako does not have lighting bending

Round 2:

Fight takes place in the Fire Nation capital

Mako has lighting bending

Korra can utilize any metal in the environment

Who wins?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

The great divide highily favours the earthbenders. However, Korra while very skilled is the less skilled around here...
I think Mako's lightning is a very decisive factor in this match as it can arguably break through anything the Avatars can do.

I'd go with the firebenders due to lightning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arcus1

@anthp2000 said:

The great divide highily favours the earthbenders. However, Korra while very skilled is the less skilled around here...

I think Mako's lightning is a very decisive factor in this match as it can arguably break through anything the Avatars can do.

Would there be a better environment? I was considering a city, but didn't want there to be metal. Then again, since Mako has lighting maybe it'd be fair to allow Korra metalbending...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

Mako can do it for the team.. Earth Benders have more room for offense..but Aangs smaller scale attacks and Korras simpler offense makes me lean toward Mako using large flames and lightning to push them back onto defense and possibly even for victory.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Would there be a better environment? I was considering a city, but didn't want there to be metal. Then again, since Mako has lighting maybe it'd be fair to allow Korra metalbending...

I think that lightning is too good against earth even for this environment personally. It's one of the quickest attacks that can break through high end defences.

I think that without lightning or metal, it's the closest one you will get due to Zuko being MVP, and I think that with metal and lightning, it would depend on the environment. And yeah, it should make sense for Korra to have metal if Mako has lightning.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

Maybe do two rounds? One round without metal or lightning bending and the other with? IDK just a though.

Anyway, I'd go with the firebenders, despite the location favoring the earth benders.

Zuko is the best here and Korra is a weak link. She can compete with Mako or Zuko for a while but loses to either on a consistent basis.

Aang is outclassed by Zuko, and without airbending, I might say Mako is faster.

Team avatar has better aoe, but it isn't enough for someone like Mako who can fire jet over it, or Zuko who has arguably the best durability in the series.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@arcus1

Maybe do two rounds? One round without metal or lightning bending and the other with? IDK just a though.

This. Good idea. 1 round with fire vs earth pure. And 1 round with fire/lightning vs earth/metal would be really close fights.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

I think that lightning is too good against earth even for this environment personally. It's one of the quickest attacks that can break through high end defences.

I think that without lightning or metal, it's the closest one you will get due to Zuko being MVP, and I think that with metal and lightning, it would depend on the environment. And yeah, it should make sense for Korra to have metal if Mako has lightning.

Mako's lightning has never really showcased the concussive force that firebenders like Azula have shown. His lighting is less of a concussive attack and more electrocution, generally

@arcus1:

Anyway, I'd go with the firebenders, despite the location favoring the earth benders.

Zuko is the best here and Korra is a weak link. She can compete with Mako or Zuko for a while but loses to either on a consistent basis.

Aang is outclassed by Zuko, and without airbending, I might say Mako is faster.

Team avatar has better aoe, but it isn't enough for someone like Mako who can fire jet over it, or Zuko who has arguably the best durability in the series.

2 rounds sounds like a good idea

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@arcus1 I was going to talk about that one in general. While Mako's lightning isn't as strong as others, I think that it progressed to be a very good attack by the end of the series. Back in Book 1, it was actually pretty weak, but in Books 3-4 it got a lot better. I think that his showing against Ming Hua was great not because it killed/koed her but because his lightning seemed a lot stronger. The size of the bolt was different and I never even got the impression that it could kill anyone back in Book 1.

While it won't be as easy as having Azula's charged lightning breaking stuff, I think it would be good enough to break through Aang and Korra's defences or at least electrocute them to death. And he can alawys spam it.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vengefulshot

@arcus1:

Awesome.

Well for round 1, the firebenders comfortably. The same as my original answer except now the environment favors the firebenders. Before long the entire area will be engulfed in flames.

As for round 2, this is much closer considering metal bending seems to be a fantastic defense against firebending. I actually think team earth. Their superior aoe would come into factor here, and they now have a more consistent answer for team fires offense. Lightning is dodgeable, and in Makos case isn't a one hit. Metal should be able to block it. Mako is quick but fragile, Ming Hua one hit him. Since he has never shown the ability to sustain fire jets, he will get hit by team earth sooner or later, and the power behind some of Korras earth attacks are huge (her earthquake attack vs Tarlock, where she jumps off the ledge). Zuko is durable, but not enough to tank several large aoe's.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Let's see:

R1: It should be too hard to call. I need to see some feats for Zuko suggesting that he can break through Aang's earth sphere (against Ozai). But I do not recall any that are an absolute atm so I'll go with a 50/50 due to Korra being good enough to stalemate Mako and Aang good enough to stall Zuko (I think). But if I had to definetely choose, Zuko is MVP here so I'd go with Team Fire. It all comes down to what you think of Mako vs Korra IMO because Aang can hold off Zuko for a very very good while. 50/50

R2: A bending battle wouldn't ultize Zuko's home advantage so I'll ignore that. The capitol has some great amount of metal in some parts like that enormous Ozai statue and there are definetely metal things in houses that Korra could ultize, however Mako's one shot instant lightning is too OP even if both Avatars are good enough to dodge it. I laso wanna see smoe good metalbending feats for Korra now. If that was Zaofu it should be an even match tbh, but I'm not sure if the capitol is enough. Gotta go with firebenders here.

EDIT: The forest steals it for the firebenders Round 1 too. I thought that it was still the great divide.

ZUKOLICIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Mako and zuko take both rounds. Aang and korra will put up a good defense the first round although mako and zuko could limit the fighting space to a small area if they chose to set fire to the trees where zuko could use his martial arts to his advantage. If my memory is not mistaken, korra doesnt have much experience with redirecting lightning so mako will have more of an advantage against her the second round. Aang also isnt a complete prodigy with earth bending either so he wont be anything too amazing.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just here waiting for Oparu.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

Firebenders due to lightning.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ehh.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juiceboks  Moderator

Lightning is only useful against Korra, and even then it can be blocked by any half decent earth defense.

The Avatars should be able to just straight up overpower them.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightning is only useful against Korra, and even then it can be blocked by any half decent earth defense.

The Avatars should be able to just straight up overpower them.

Without firebending Aang can't redirect

@lvenger said:

Firebenders due to lightning.

What about round 1?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Interesting idea for a fight. Unsure of who wins at the moment, but I might favor Zuko and Mako just due to Korra and Aang seeming to use Earthbending a lot less than their favorites of air (Aang), fire (Korra), and water (both).

On a side-note, I couldn't help but notice that the Battle Forums have been awash with Avatar-based matchups over the last couple weeks. Not complaining mind you, but it still stands out to me. Avatar's gotten really popular on Comicvine it seems.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@shroudofsorrow: Just me. I came here some months ago and brought it back to life lol

Seriously though. With all the new comics coming out as well as new users that want to share their ideas in battles, Avatar is back.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#22  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@anthp2000: Figures I missed the boat. I did a few a couple years ago, and some of them got attention, but others (Bumi Vs. Azula) were entirely ignored. And yes, I did a Bumi Vs. Azula fight. Who would you back in that by the way? I think it's close personally.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@shroudofsorrow: Azula is my favourite fictional character, really.

But Bumi easily takes this :P He is a league above. He bends buildings, burries people, travels underground and stuff. Before I came to CV, I thought of Azula being better than people like Bumi, but after I got here, I learned to dig deep into battles and see techniques used and then... Yeah. Azula is good. High tier. But not THAT good.
Anyway, let's not get OT though. That's the one?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/bumi-vs-azula-708933/

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Earth

Round 2: Fire

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang solos

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth team both rounds.

Korra has some decent feats in raw power and reflexes in addition to Aang's earthbending in particular improving by Book 3.

Plus, Aang can easily aim dodge or even time lightning in the worst case scenario and has a good track record against Zuko which should also help him evade and defend against Mako's offense.

theavatarguruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1, I'd give it to the Aang and Korra. Round 2, Mako and Zuko.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

Aang solos

I don't see him soloing at all. Zuko alone could give him a very solid fight if not win

Round 1: Earth

Round 2: Fire

Round 1, I'd give it to the Aang and Korra. Round 2, Mako and Zuko.

Any reasons?

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Aang can level all the ground around them while Korra throws boulders at them in round 1. In round 2 Mako's lightning will be a serious enough issue that they can will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team firebenders both rounds in close fights.

Zuko>Aang

Mako>=Korra

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

Team firebenders both rounds in close fights.

Zuko>Aang

Mako>=Korra