A lightsaber tries to slash DCEU Superman, what's the damage?

• 85 results
Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll A lightsaber tries to slash DCEU Superman, what's the damage? (96 votes)

Superman no sells it. 45%
He gets a serious burn mark. 24%
Burns right through his flesh but stops at the bone. 9%
He get's sliced in half. 22%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Poll is for round 2.

Round 1: Canon lightsabers.

Round 2: Legends/composite sabers.

• 
SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe755c619ec3
deactivated-5fe755c619ec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Tvenger
GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat: Hmm, true.

I'll say it causes burns if he gets slashed, but if pushed against him with enough force, it'll eventually punch a hole.

No Caption Provided

Superman wasnt vaporized by a nuclear blast and HV which can slice skyscrapers in seconds>>>lightsaber

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn said:

I'll say it causes burns if he gets slashed, but if pushed against him with enough force, it'll eventually punch a hole.

No Caption Provided

Superman wasnt vaporized by a nuclear blast and HV which can slice skyscrapers in seconds>>>lightsaber

legends Lightsabers' were as hot as the core of a star. Superman gets sliced.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SheevSmacker

@granitevision said:
@breakofdawn said:

No Caption Provided

Superman be a fodder. He almost be die by nuke what a fodder. Lightsaber >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Advance SW Nuke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Normal modern Nuke.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By destinyman75

@sheevsmacker: Hahahahahahahaha oh yeah sure. They took many minutes to Alice through a door but clarks totally getting auto sliced?? And a Nuke also comes with a massive concussive force and you talk about your little saber so highly 😂😂 best wank Joke all day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75 said:

@sheevsmacker: Hahahahahahahaha oh yeah sure. They took many minutes to Alice through a door but clarks totally getting auto sliced?? And a Nuke also comes with a massive concussive force and you talk about your little saber so highly 😂😂 best wank Joke all day

Given that we have no idea what the door is made out of, it can't really be used to downplay the sword when it has quantifiable cutting feats suggesting its more dangerous than a nuke.

It would be no different than 616 Thor failing to punch through a reinforced Asgardian door and me suggesting he's door level despite his other striking feats displaying his actual attack power.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah if you’ve ever seen a burn

No Caption Provided

Then it should be easy to see that Superman was not burned by the nuke

Being “as hot as the core of a star” is also said of a nuclear explosion

No Caption Provided

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

🤔

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SheevSmacker

@destinyman75: ok fanboy superman is almost die by nuke. Lightsaber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SW Nuke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IRL Modern Nuke. That is feat for door.

EDIT: LMFAO never mind looks like mysterymeat already shitstomp your pathetic little argument with an ease. Now run along destinyfodder. Run along before you are finish off by someone else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Still waiting on that reply.

Don't expect him to reply. He tends to run away once you provide an argument that his horrendous lowballing can't counter.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By destinyman75

@lord_god: I've never run away kid but I do stop talking to Trolls like you I mean there are Entire threads for people like you. so how about you mind Your business... Thanks

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_god: Ice never run away kid but I do stop talking to Trolls like you I mean there are Entire threads for people like you. so how about you mind Your business... Thanks

Yes because to you a troll is someone who disproves your horrendous lowballing and calls you out on it. Didn't expect much more from you tbh.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_god: Stop looking in the mirror and projecting yourself onto others your a walking mean at this point yes bone of us expect anything but nonsense from you. So if you don't like low ball then stop typing. It's a new year soon maybe make a promise you won't waste anyone elses time. Nice knowing you .....

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By destinyman75

@mysterymeat: The door thing? Thor or Clark could rip any door like paper And have never failed to do so. A lightsaber Isnt close to being dangerous as a Nuke I don't see the comparison. I mean there isn't even proof they are as hot as some have said let alone comparrison to a Nuke which is Obviously a million times more dangerous.

If a light saber can't cut through a steel door like Jin and young Obi wan did in attack of the clones And Clark can easily rip it to peices I don't see how it can be seen a a legit threat. At worse it leave a mark but that's it wouldn't stop him by any means. Also after one scratch it'd be Over as Clark would be taking it and crushing it or hear vision on it long enough to take it out of hand. Clarks certainly fast enough to do it and far more durable and stronger then any Jedi or sith have ever encountered

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Bruh, you're just assuming it's a steel door and not a, well, fictional metal that is strong enough to keep a lightsaber at bay.

The nuke statement is still very much relevant in Star Wars lore and it's not even the best feat/statement a lightsaber has been given.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

Thor or Clark could rip any door like paper And have never failed to do so.

False, there are even materials that the comic versions (616 Thor & Post Crisis Superman) have trouble breaking.

A lightsaber Isnt close to being dangerous as a Nuke I don't see the comparison.

Depends on what you mean by 'dangerous'

Are 616 Wolverine's claws more dangerous than a nuke?

What about P52 Superman's heat vision?

They're not as destructive, but they can cut through things with nuke level durability and higher, much like lightsabers.

I mean there isn't even proof they are as hot as some have said let alone comparrison to a Nuke which is Obviously a million times more dangerous.

The sources of info indicating otherwise have been posted already, I can repost them in case you missed them.

If a light saber can't cut through a steel door like Jin and young Obi wan

Proof that door is made out of steel?

If Thor or Superman struggle to punch though an unknown alien metal, do you assume its steel as well? If not, then explain why.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_god: Stop looking in the mirror and projecting yourself onto others your a walking mean at this point yes bone of us expect anything but nonsense from you. So if you don't like low ball then stop typing. It's a new year soon maybe make a promise you won't waste anyone elses time. Nice knowing you .....

Stop looking in the mirror and projecting yourself onto others

Ah yes the hypocrisy, one of your most prominent traits.

walking mean at this point yes bone of us expect anything but nonsense from you.

Lol I'm not the one who is notorious for SW lowball and sheer idiocy.

So if you don't like low ball then stop typing.

If you don't like being called out on your shit then stop typing.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_god: aww is the baby throwing another hissy fit.?? Wanna passifier for That wine or some cheese?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat: what? That makes no sense? And when has Thor or Clark had trouble with a door?

Also eyeballs can tell you all those ships in SW and doors on them are made up if some type of steel was that a serious question? If not show me blue prints telling me it wasn't

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

what? That makes no sense?

It makes total sense.

If we blindly assume every unspecified metal in fiction is actually steel, instead of some super durable hyper advanced alien alloy for some reason.. you would also have to assume every time a character like Thor or Superman fail to break a metal, they're failing to break steel.

We're talking about characters/weapons failing to bust certain metals with unknown properties and assuming said metals are made out of steel for no reason.

And when has Thor or Clark had trouble with a door?

You're missing the point, its not about whether the thing is a door or not, we're discussing why you can't use failing to break fictional metals as an anti feat.

With that in mind, here are some examples.

No Caption Provided

Here we have Doomsday (Superman's equal) requiring numerous hits to bust through an unknown alien-made door, probably just steel right?

After all, if it looks like steel, it can't be anything else... can it?

No Caption Provided

Here we have New 52 Superman restrained by some unknown metal, probably just steel.

No Caption Provided

Post Crisis Superman getting stabbed multiple times by what has to be steel, since every unknown metal in fiction is steel apparently.

I could dig some up for Thor, but I think you like Superman more soo.

Are you willing to argue that any of these metals aren't made of out steel? if so explain why.

Also eyeballs can tell you all those ships in SW and doors on them are made up if some type of steel

Baseless claim, unless you think all the metals posted above are also steel because they ''look a certain way''.

If not show me blue prints telling me it wasn't

You made the first claim that it was steel, show me the proof.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'm of the slight burn mark opinion, but I think Superman would heal it off quickly as well.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"A lightsaber tries to slash DCEU Superman, what's the damage?"

It would need a body, crystal and a fresh lick of paint.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By destinyman75

@mysterymeat: You won't find any for Thor unless Enchanted ..Also none of those are enchanted??

Doesn't Matter to suggest metal doors in star wars have better durability then Clark or Thor is literally insane..BUT I know what your doing . Actually YOU have to Proove those doors aren't Just regular types of steel that's how it Works. But since I'm a nice guy

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hull/Legends

There just types of steel strong but nothing exotic. SW ships aren't more durable then Krypton ships or MCU ships like the tree use. Oh and captain Marvel AND Thor live action versions went straight through ships with EASE. Clark is on the same tier of durability..

So now that I've ended that debate. Good day to you glad I could help...Happy New year

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gracetrack

I think Canon sabers will sting and cause him a little pain but do no real damage. A nuke at point blank didn’t even appear to burn Supes, it just irradiated him.

I have no idea about Legends sabers.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mee09

Can DCEU Superman not fly into the Sun like his comic book counterpart? It is hard to imagine any iteration of Superman who is not depowered. Be effected by heat in a negative way.

The nuke only almost killed Superman because of the radiation. There are a few versions of Superman who have been susceptible to nukes because of this even in the comics. The heat itself and explosion didn't even scratch him. If it wasn't for the radiation he would have pretty much no sold it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

Doesn't Matter to suggest metal doors in star wars have better durability then Clark or Thor is literally insane

Not if the doors got better durability feats.

Actually YOU have to Proove those doors aren't Just regular types of steel that's how it Works.

No its not, lol.

You made the claim, you have to back it up.

Nothing in the link indicates the doors are steel tier in durability either lol, it talks about fictional metals.

SW ships aren't more durable then Krypton ships or MCU ships like the tree use.

Featwise, SW ships > MCU/DCEU ships.

So now that I've ended that debate. Good day to you glad I could help...Happy New year

You didn't end anything lol, it sounds to me like you want this to be over.

Happy New Year to you as well.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mysterymeat: I think destinyman prefers Thor to Superman but I could be wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat:Featwise, SW ships > MCU/DCEU ships.

Which feat(s)? Just curious

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Core of sun heat temperatures that SW characters can tank being around and even small cuts from that they heal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat:Featwise, SW ships > MCU/DCEU ships.

Which feat(s)? Just curious

Well the door held up against a lightsaber for a little while, which is pretty good considering that they easily slice through materials with city level durability.

They've also cut through materials that are so dense, that they have a small gravity field despite being the size of a baby.

Many of the larger lasers those sorts of ships take are in the Gigaton of tnt range, but fail to breach similar blast doors. In both canon and legends, the larger ships can dish out laser attacks in the gigaton range, and are built with the durability to survive those kinds of shots too.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GangOrca

@supremegeneration said:

Core of sun heat temperatures that SW characters can tank being around and even small cuts from that they heal.

Congratulations. You have given away that you don't understand how lightsabers work (althought the core of the sun statement is a bit inconsistent with the movies).