A lightsaber tries to slash DCEU Superman, what's the damage?

• 85 results
Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll A lightsaber tries to slash DCEU Superman, what's the damage? (95 votes)

Superman no sells it. 44%
He gets a serious burn mark. 24%
Burns right through his flesh but stops at the bone. 9%
He get's sliced in half. 22%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Poll is for round 2.

Round 1: Canon lightsabers.

Round 2: Legends/composite sabers.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Supes tank heat vision? Not sure if a lightsaber could cut him if that didn't.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't lightsabers as hot as the core of the sun?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: I think legends lightsabers might have better cutting feats than HV.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat: Hmm, true.

I'll say it causes burns if he gets slashed, but if pushed against him with enough force, it'll eventually punch a hole.

No Caption Provided

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi said:

I want to say yes, but they also bounce off things like the skin of a Bull Rancor. I don't think anyone is going to agree that a Bull Rancor should be able to nonchalantly walk on the surface of the sun. That's plain ridiculous. I think they are very hot but not that hot. That quote doesn't seem consistent with all of the lightsabers cutting feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8725e36989
deactivated-60f8725e36989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sell obv

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman laughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi said:

I want to say yes, but they also bounce off things like the skin of a Bull Rancor. I don't think anyone is going to agree that a Bull Rancor should be able to nonchalantly walk on the surface of the sun. That's plain ridiculous. I think they are very hot but not that hot. That quote doesn't seem consistent with all of the lightsabers cutting feats.

That should technically be a feat for the Rancor, given that the direct scaling mean's more than our personal feelings on the matter.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either he tanks it or gets a bit if a burn.

It probably won't kill him though

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn said:
@darthadi said:

That should technically be a feat for the Rancor, given that the direct scaling mean's more than our personal feelings on the matter.

And yet, intent would mean more than any direct scaling. I don't think it's speculation to say that the TFU writers never intended for a bull rancor to be capable of no-selling heat if it was thrown into a star.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is he would slowly be burned, and if held against his skin long enough, it would burn all the way through. Just not sure how long that would take.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn: That is speculation based though, featwise the hide of a Rancor wouldn't disintegrate in a star.

Intent wise at best one could maybe argue its to be an inconsistency.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I think it's just a low showing/outlier.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn: That is speculation based though, featwise the hide of a Rancor wouldn't disintegrate in a star.

The thing is, lightsabers have cut through objects that are so dense, space around them bends, objects that survived planetary destruction and hulls of starships meant to withstand gigatons of damage. I would argue for it being an inconsistency, I suppose.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: It cuts right through. DCEU Supes was KOed by a nuke and damaged significantly. Lightsabers cut through objects that would no-sell nuclear explosions.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd imagine they'd do about as much as Heat Vision.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Canon Lightsabers: Eh....not too sure, I don't recall them cutting through anything too spectacular other than the standard metals in SW.

Legneds Canon Lightsabers: Well if this Supes was damaged by a nuke, then yeah a lightsaber is gonna injure him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat said:

The thing is, lightsabers have cut through objects that are so dense, space around them bends, objects that survived planetary destruction and hulls of starships meant to withstand gigatons of damage. I would argue for it being an inconsistency, I suppose.

I wanna know whatever that is if you don't mind.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO star wars Wankfest indeed. Clark No sells BTW. At worse gets a little red mark and that's after a long time standing there no selling it...

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsabers have cut through better.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman giggles

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eredin12

@subline:@breakofdawn:

Heat vision is fodder really compared to a lightsaber, lightsabers are confirmed to be as hot as the core of a star while HV is only as hot as the surface of a star

Throughout the generations, lightsaber technology was refined from those first high-maintenance 'captive bolt' lightsabers to the lightweight modern lightsabers, which utilizes a stablized, massless plasma beam that burns as hot and bright as the core of a star.

- SW: Force & Destiny Core Rulebook

and LS has cut materials far more durable than Superman as well, it even cut pieces of death star in ROS, which survived its exsplosion, Superman would get cut like paper, not burned or slowly " punched hole" through since his best feat is well, tanking 5500 C with noticeable pain

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of lightsaber/whose. Not all lightsabers are the same

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eredin12

Damm talk about Superman wank, he cried in pain when hit by 5500 C, and now he can tank something like Lightsaber, something that has far better feats in canon let alone EU than his HV, which only ever cut clean through steel, concrete, and normal humans, not to mention that lightsabers have confirmation of its heat being as that in the core of a star that applies to both canon and EU

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KillBilly  Online

Cutting Power of a Lightsaber

1. A lightsaber can cut through the shielded hull of a CIS Dreadnought.

No Caption Provided

2. A lightsaber's heat and energy output is far greater then that of a small nuclear blast.

"It wouldn't withstand a lightsaber, but it would keep a horde of safecrackers busy for a month, and would easily withstand a small nuclear blast." - Fatal Alliance.

3. Is as hot as the core of a star.

"Throughout the generations, lightsaber technology was refined from those first high-maintenance 'captive bolt' lightsabers to the lightweight modern lightsabers, which utilizes a stablized, massless plasma beam that burns as hot and bright as the core of a star." - SW: Force & Destiny Core Rulebook.

4. Able to cut through a material so dense that it warps the fabric of space and time.

"As a Jedi shuttle settled to the landing deck outside, the shadow sent its mind into the far deeper night within one of the several pieces of sculpture that graced the office: an abstract twist of solid neuranium, so heavy that the office floor had been specially reinforced to bear its weight, so dense that more sensitive species might, from very close range, actually percieve the tiny warping of the fabric of space-time that was its gravitation. Neuranium of more than roughly a millimeter thick is impervious to sensors; the standard security scans undergone by all equipment and furniture to enter the Senate Office Building had shown nothing at all. If anyone had thought to use an advanced gravimetric detector, however, they might have discovered that one smallish section of the sculpture massed slightly less than it should have, given that the manifest that had accompanied it, when it was brought from Naboo among the then-ambassador's personal effects, clearly stated that it was a single piece of solid-forged neuranium. The manifest was a lie. The sculpture was not entirely solid, and not all of it was neuranium. Within a long, slim, rod-shaped cavity around which the sculpture had been forged rested a device that had lain, waiting, in absolute darkness-darkness beyond darkness-for decades. Waiting for night to fall on the Republic. The shadow felt Jedi Masters stride the vast echoic emptiness of the vaulted halls outside. It could practically hear the cadence of their boot heels on the Alderaanian marble. The darkness within the sculpture whispered of the shape and the feel and every intimate resonance of the device it cradled With a twist of its will, the shadow triggered the device. The neuranium got warm. A small round spot, smaller than the circle a human child might make of thumb and forefinger, turned the color of old blood. Then fresh blood. Then open flame. Finally a spear of scarlet energy lanced free, painting the office with the color of stars seen through the smoke of burning planets. The spear of energy lengthened, drawing with it out from the darkness the device, then the scarlet blade shrank away and the device slid itself within the softer darkness of a sleeve." - Revenge of the Sith.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon no

Legends yes.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eredin12

@heatwave666: Why would canon lightsaber be unable to cut him?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Well what's the strongest thing a Canon Lightsaber has cut through?

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sell

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Greysentinel365

Canon? Tanks it or is mildly annoyed depending on who's swinging it.

Legends? He dies.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eredin12

@wolfrazer: Death star material in ROS i think, a lot better than cutting steel pipe and the concrete wall which is the best thing his HV did

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolfrazer

@eredin12: That's...not really great, considering even the transparisteel glass somehow survived the DS explosions along with a wide assortment of things such as Palpatine's chair. So...what else? Though I agree a lightsaber should be able to cut through steel and concrete.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eredin12

@wolfrazer: Well that is just feat for that, its not really a normal earth substance, but one they used for Death Star, that does not change how strong exsplosion was, but besides that, it has a core of sun thing, which is canon to both Disney canon and legends really

Though I agree a lightsaber should be able to cut through steel and concrete.

I mean you would need to be crazy to disagree given their feats, but i am talking about Supermans best HV feats, Lightsaber has much better feats than that

Overvoid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: superman no sells

Round 2: superman die

KrisBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsabers have cut through better.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Canon: Probably not, lightsabers can barely cut though blast doors and are foiled by mandalorian steel.

Legends: Even worse, the sweater your grandma made could block a lightsaber in legends.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: It'll hurt a little.

Legends: Either kills or he doesn't even feel it. I can't say the legends are consistent about the lightsabers.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic destinyman lmfao what a simpleton.

OT: It cuts right through. DCEU Supes was KOed by a nuke and damaged significantly. Lightsabers cut through objects that would no-sell nuclear explosions.

this

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe1f08e8f9af
deactivated-5fe1f08e8f9af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It cuts him if it’s legend but lmao at eredins lowballing

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon? Tanks it or is mildly annoyed depending on who's swinging it.

Legends? He dies.

Classic destinyman lmfao what a simpleton.

This and this.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about Legends. He tanks canon version.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tanks both

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. If the core of the star thing is the best it’s got going for it, I don’t see why it would damage him when a nuke didn’t even singe his hair

I would say cutting the Death Star should be enough, but then Kylo crushed the way finder that also apparently survived the Death Star exploding with his bare hand.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. If the core of the star thing is the best it’s got going for it, I don’t see why it would damage him when a nuke didn’t even singe his hair

I would say cutting the Death Star should be enough, but then Kylo crushed the way finder that also apparently survived the Death Star exploding with his bare hand.

Superman almost die from Nuke.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe755c619ec3
deactivated-5fe755c619ec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers