A 5 way CAV

• 78 results
NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@cosmicallyaware1: Yess, thanks. Im am a hugggeeeee graviton fanboy. Up until a few days ago, i was in the closety, but now IMMMMMM LETTIN IT ALL HANNGG OUT

\\\Tihs'll be an epic debnate despite his few showings

Donn'tt youuu dissapoint mee

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#52  Edited By kidman560

jeesh guys lets not keep an open mind or draw favorites... im really getting annoyed now.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

jeesh guys lets not keep an open mind or draw favorites... im really getting annoyed now.

Sorry bro. I'll reel it in.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tag me for voting please

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: should be Juice... but we can push him down in which case you are next...

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: should be Juice... but we can push him down in which case you are next...

oh I was just wondering. I have like 3 other matches any to post in today and probably won't get to those, so tomorrow is better for me on this one.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:im gonan try to PM juice but if he doesnt reply we'll push him down 1 and let you go

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: what up man? you ready to post in this or shall I go ahead?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 juiceboks  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1: You know what, go ahead and go before me. My A.C just broke and I work on that posthaste.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@juiceboks said:

@cosmicallyaware1: You know what, go ahead and go before me. My A.C just broke and I work on that posthaste.

ok man.

Enter..........GRAVITON!!!!

No Caption Provided

oh.............I just figured it out. destroy all opposition.

Opening tactics...

first off, by the OP regulations the fight begins in NY city. what's the starting distance? can opponents see each other? doesn't really matter.

1) Franklin begins the battle by encapsulating the city in a Gravity dome, and increases the gravity under the dome by a measure of x100 to start.

with 100 times the normal Gravity, it will be difficult for most opponents to simply move, and also......think clearly (that means Irons and Stewart won't be able to focus.....). Think about it: The force of the entire Earth pulling down on a pin or a paperclip can be overcome with a small fridge magnet. Static electricity can make fabric and strands of hair stubbornly defy gravity — and all that takes is a short walk in a wool hat. Entire groups of people can be lifted off the ground for hours with a large balloon full of hot air. If gravity were as strong as the electromagnetic force, or the strong and the weak forces in an atomic nucleus, everyone would be a very finely distributed sludge over the surface of the earth.

2) Graviton next will strengthen his personal defensive measures. This occurs in the span of a single thought. Increasing his body's density levels past superhuman. Then he’s going to prep a personal force-field. Anything less than the force of a thermonuclear explosion? Ineffectual. Even then? Meh.

really can't go to much further due to unknown factors. This will suffice for now.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kidman560

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

alright guys i hate waiting this long... im using a character i dont get to use often and id like to keep with it so im skipping you fools and going

In Regards to Graviton

so Graviton is increasing Gravity in a 100 mile radius... one would think that whoever would make this claim by backing up him having such range but thats fine Steel will teleport outside the dome at 101 miles... he then waits to see if anyone else gets out...

See one thing i neglected to mention is that to teleport Steel has to be in some Physical Stress... which you just provided and i thank you so very much for that... youve provided a way for my character to outlast everyone else who cant get out of the dome... and youve given him time to set some stuff up... set his hammer to smash that glass jaw of Halls

In regards to anyone else who gets out of the dome

should someone else get out of the dome and somehow find themselves magically next to Steel (out of all the places to teleport you SOMEHOW teleport within the vicinity of John Henry Irons) well then i would stipulate that Steels physical abilities can match anyone here and if the Physical need becomes great enough he can teleport to repair his armor (i think i showed this)

If it was Thor

we would have a clash of the Hammers (no doubt Thors would win in a straight up smash fest) but John Henry Irons is smarter

his hammer was able to take Jonn Jonzz unawares so it has to be going a decent speed... he could throw it and even if he misses he can voice recall it to come back (and hit thor in the butt :P) I guess you can say "Thor got Hammered... YEAH!!!"

he has the durability to hang with Thor and take allot of his hits before his armor wears down (see the fight vs Doomsday where he took a butt whooping and his armor was still functional) and he has the ability to fix his armor should something awful happen

If Its John Stewart

first off the strength of a GL's constructs varry... and you did a good job of posting some of the best ones, which i mean why wouldnt you. youre trying to say why your guy wins but lets face the facts here, Superman and Wonder Woman have been shown to break the constructs of the Best GL ever... Hal Jordan (Kyle can suck my ****)

and No GL has recently ever blocked a Super Nova

..and kept the both of them alive and conscious through a supernova

its kind of like using Silver Age Thor feats... yes they are canon no he hasnt shown that power level recently and its unlikely he could pull of the same kind of feat.

anyways with the amount of Kinetic Energy that John's Hammer will be absorbing here he should be able to easily break most of Johns Constructs...

no doubt it will be a hard fought fight but it's one i can see John Henry Irons winning with his teleporting and his hammer should be insanely helpful...

If It's Orion

well Shit... if its Orion I would be royally screwed. i am stretching my arguments thin but with Orion no amount of bullshit i can make can make up for the fact that if Orion is next to Steel he would get screwed... Orions stats have been shown to be physically superior to Supermans and even if Steel were to teleport to fix his armor and come back... he'd only be coming back to an ass-whooping my best hope is to watch him crash and burn in Gravitons dome (actually im hoping this happens to everyone)

Outside the Dome and no one shows up?

THERE IS A GOD...no not Thor (personal shout out to my home-boy Loki) if this happens Steel is going to camp out and wait... its morals off not "stupidity on" he knows the better thing would be for Hall to fall to others or for everyone to tire the hell out of Hall...

thats my first post...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@kidman560 post riled me up enough to post mine lol. So let's go.

Rebuttals..

First lets start with Graviton.

with 100 times the normal Gravity, it will be difficult for most opponents to simply move, and also......think clearly (that means Irons and Stewart won't be able to focus.....).

Maybe Steel would be affected by this change in gravity but John sure as hell wouldn't be and neither would any half-baked Green Lantern member. Their personal forcefields protect them from the harsh conditions of space and can increase it to withstand stars and even black holes. Don't believe me? Here's a no name rookie Green Lantern dealing with one that was going to destroy his whole sector.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PIS you may say? Well here it happens again to another rookie who literally just received his ring. Yet he effortlessly seals a black hole.

No Caption Provided

Hell, here's another rookie altering the magnetic field surrounding a planet that was going to destroy it.

No Caption Provided

And before any of you start screaming, "Pre-Crisis doesn't count because they were doing crazy things back then!" let it be known that Green Lantern's have consistently been capable of these type of feats. You don't think they'd be protectors of individual space sectors if they couldn't deal with planet-sized problems? It's not like I'm trying to prove John can stop time or anything like that(though Alan Scott has shown the capacity to do so before and after COIE). And just to drive the point home here's Kyle, a Green Lantern on par with John Stewart, dealing with 99 black holes at once.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sorry to disappoint you Hall, but your gravity powers wouldn't be that effective against an average Green Lantern and they're sure as hell not gonna be effective against John. In fact, John could just leave the dome if he felt like it and snipe Graviton from a distance. Like so..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Notice the background of both John and the yellow lantern. That sniper could very well have been lightyears away and John still managed to lineup a perfect shot in seconds. And it would only take oneshot to take him out considering John has blasted Fernus in half before.

Now..as for Steel.

first off the strength of a GL's constructs varry... and you did a good job of posting some of the best ones, which i mean why wouldnt you. youre trying to say why your guy wins but lets face the facts here, Superman and Wonder Woman have been shown to break the constructs of the Best GL ever... Hal Jordan

Yes, they do vary based on how much effort the Lantern puts into making the constructs. John is one Green Lantern who's constructs have consistently been tough to break for most characters and I already explained why in my first post but I suppose that's enough for you. So you say Superman has broken GL constructs right? Well yes he has, he's even broken John's.

No Caption Provided

Couple things to note here though..

• By Kal's own admission, it took everything he had to bust through it.
  • He didn't actually break the construct fully, he only punched a hole in it.
  • Superman had just turned on the league and was taking everybody by surprise. John threw up this construct in haste.
  • John later put up a stronger construct that did much better at holding a pissed off Superman back.
No Caption Provided

So clearly a construct is only as durable as a GL makes it. And for the record, the claim that Hal is the best Green Lantern ever is debatable. Not only that, it doesn't necessarily mean his constructs are any stronger than John's. If anything, John's are more durable than Hal's. But that's just my opinion.

and No GL has recently ever blocked a Super Nova

..look I know you don't like Kyle Rayner but that doesn't mean you can just ignore the man's feats.

No Caption Provided

Wait a minute..Kyle isn't tanking that supernova! Oh wait that's right, he's CONTAINING it. Me thinks you still have some GL to read up on.

its kind of like using Silver Age Thor feats... yes they are canon no he hasnt shown that power level recently and its unlikely he could pull of the same kind of feat.

Thor has actually recently pulled off strength and durability feats excelling his Silver Age ones, like cracking planets with Mjolnir in his fight with Gorr that happened a few years back so that point isn't exactly a sound one. And I believe I have proven that tanking a supernova is something well within John or any skilled Green Lantern's ability. Given what they do on a daily basis..

anyways with the amount of Kinetic Energy that John's Hammer will be absorbing here he should be able to easily break most of Johns Constructs...

Doubt it. He couldn't even do any real damage to Eradicator(this is what happened after your scan of him getting "OHKO'd")..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Clearly it didn't do anywhere near as much to him as you tried to lead on to. In fact, all it really did was catch his attention.

no doubt it will be a hard fought fight but it's one i can see John Henry Irons winning with his teleporting and his hammer should be insanely helpful...

Again, doubt it. Unless John's hammer has resisted the force of a planet's orbit shifting magnetic pull, I don't see why John can't just take control of it and use it against him. Or better yet, just blast John in two from a distance as shown above.

General talk

There's a couple points I'd just like to examine that I believe are very pertinent to why John would come out on top in this matchup.

1. John is by far the fastest character here reaction and combat speed-wise. Possessing nanosecond reaction time(like many random Green Lanterns) and by Superman's own admission has reacted faster than the man in blue himself.
No Caption Provided

I don't recall any of the other 4 characters in this matchup having this level of speed. Orion maybe..but I'd still consider John faster on the draw.

2. John is by far the best energy manipulator here. From creating solar system sized constructs to blasting obscene amounts of energy at a time without much trouble, I see him having the greatest damage output potential in the most varied amount of ways. And speaking of variety..

3. John has many different options he can take in this fight. He can create contructs to fight for him like he did during Blackest Night, he can use telepathy to mess up his opponents minds, he can even encase them in a shield like he did to J'onn and increase the force inside until their brains explode. Practically anything is possible with a morals off Green Lantern. And John is undoubtedly one of the most dangerous.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@kidman560:

In regards to Graviton..........Rebuttals, Debunks, and Countering

so Graviton is increasing Gravity in a 100 mile radius... one would think that whoever would make this claim by backing up him having such range

Absolutely my man, allow me to do so............

Graviton's Range

First off, the OP is set in NYC correct? Cool. In Franklin's first "big appearance" against the Avengers (#158)

Graviton took control of a research community in the Canadian Rockies. With a very casual flick of his hand, he lifts the entirecity (that's millions of tons of material), off the ground and jettisons it into the air seemingly without any effort and in the blink of an eye:

No Caption Provided

Graviton’s Handbook of the Marvel Universe entry lists the city as being 4 miles wide. And Hall, in his first large-scale demonstration of his power, is able to effortlessly lift hundreds of thousands of tons and suspend it all half a mile above the ground. Now this is different from the Gravity dome, be we are discussing the range of Hall's powers correct? This was the very first time Hall ever manipulated his power above small scale and look what he was able to accomplish without substantial effort.

After he very handily, and with ease, beats down the combined forces of Classic Avengers (will discuss that later) ....... Graviton erects a giant force-field across the 4-mile long floating city, and flies the entire city towards New York.

No Caption Provided

NORAD dispatches fighter jets in retaliation, and the jets barrage the field with missiles and rockets. But all of that is ineffective, and the field doesn't even show the slightest damage. On top of all that, one of the fighter pilots states that in accordance with the weaponry used thus far, only a nuke would be able to get through, and Handbook entry validates the comment.

So what does this showing illustrate for Graviton’s capabilities?

1) Graviton is adept at multitasking. As he’s created a city-sized force-field, Hall is also in conjunction causing the island to fly, while also keeping the Avengers captive with gravity fields. Even the pounding by the NORAD jets has no effect on his focusing.

2) It shows the scaleGraviton operates at. Graviton isn’t limited to force-fields around his body, he can summon gravity fields large enough to encompass whole cities. That’s the level his powers work at.

now let's take into consideration what Hall has accomplished after growing in his abilities.

He reshaped the surface of the moon. The Mare Insularum is a crater basin on the Moon that stretches well over 500km in diameter. That’s more than the length of the entire state of California.And that's just a crater. This was much larger in scope. Graviton literally remodels miles of rock and tectonic plates without any indication of straining himself. As Moonstone refers in this instance, “[Graviton] can shove mountains aside”

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So all in all, I would say that answers your question to "scope" I believe.

next:

See one thing i neglected to mention is that to teleport Steel has to be in some Physical Stress... which you just provided and i thank you so very much for that... youve provided a way for my character to outlast everyone else who cant get out of the dome... and youve given him time to set some stuff up... set his hammer to smash that glass jaw of Halls

This is really what I see happening to Steel my man.............

No Caption Provided

be back later to discuss Juicebox's statements.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By New_World_Order

Alright let me break this down.

Starting with, @cosmicallyaware1

"Franklin begins the battle by encapsulating the city in a Gravity dome"

Although that's a very clever way of keeping everyone in your own confined space, it's not going to be very effecting for someone like Thor. Although I think Thor can destroy the barrier with a hammer strike or few, I don't think that's necessary when he can literally just teleport outside the dome.

I pretty much already showed he can teleport easily.

No Caption Provided

Heck here is a next way Thor can get rid of the dome, and this would actually end up helping every other contender in this battle. Thor has teleported an entire ocean to put out green gamma lava on a far away planet. He did this easily as you can see.

No Caption Provided

Why is that relevant to this battle? Well it shows he can easily replicate what Beta Ray Bill did to Ego. Bill has opened up a special rift to allow a comet to come through and strike Ego.

I don't see why this strategy won't work, I believe a comet that can hurt Ego is more than enough to destroy the dome encircling everyone in this battle.

"and increases the gravity under the dome by a measure of x100 to start."

This is the only real thing that will maybe effect Thor, but Thor can easily just will Mjonlir to strike him down or simple just summon an isanely powerful hurricane ( which was capable of hurting a being as powerful as a pissed of Odin ) to hit him. I was going to say to injure him, but such an attack would maybe kill Graviton.

No Caption Provided

It hurt this being.

No Caption Provided

Who's this big.

No Caption Provided

"Graviton next will strengthen his personal defensive measures. This occurs in the span of a single thought. Increasing his body's density levels past superhuman. Then he’s going to prep a personal force-field. Anything less than the force of a thermonuclear explosion? Ineffectual. Even then? Meh."

Well Thor has planetary destruction level striking, so I really don't don't see how being able to stop the force of a thermonuclear explosion is going to help.

One strike and Gravition is going to literally be dead. Even if Thor hits him with an energy blast it's still more than powerful than enough to end Graviton's life, shields up or not. Thor's anti-force blasts have been able of taking out a powerful Thanosi clone. Just look at the description of how powerful the blast was.

No Caption Provided

Honestly Graviton doesn't have much options against someone like Thor, who's using everything in his arsenal. I though Gravition was my biggest problem, but that probably goes to John Stewart or Orion. I do think Gravition's powers will be the most annoying and such, so he would be the first to be taken out.

Thor can destroy his dome, make him lose his focus on his gravity powers and then smiting him down with a massive lightning bolt. Seeing how Graviton loves to send threats, let his threats truly drown in thunder and lightning.

No Caption Provided

Next is @kidman560

"we would have a clash of the Hammers (no doubt Thors would win in a straight up smash fest) but John Henry Irons is smarter"

Well being smarter isn't going to do a whole lot when your opponents power literally dwarfs yours, and there is no clear you can do on the battle field to take a win on him. It's not like prep is involved or this is a street level fight where the the characters can use the environment to help them.

"his hammer was able to take Jonn Jonzz unawares so it has to be going a decent speed..."

The hammer did basically nothing to John, it knocked him back and he just stood up like nothing happened, not really that impressive. I mean I agree if it was moving faster it would have done more damage, but it's hard for someone who's main form of attack is throwing his hammer from distance to gain speed and power to fight characters who are going to be in his face brawling. Steel is going to be losing a lot of striking power due to this, while Thor's striking power is still top notch above everyone else here.

This is the kind of striking power Steel will have to deal with, and honestly only John Stewart's constructs and Orion's durability can handle these kind of strikes.

Felt as far away as Pennsylvania.

No Caption Provided

This is the kind of power given off from two weaker versions of Thor striking their respective hammers against each other. ( Eric Masterson & Dargo )

No Caption Provided

Yeah Steel's feat looks unimpressive now, doesn't it? He doesn't have nearly the striking power of Thor.

"he could throw it and even if he misses he can voice recall it to come back (and hit thor in the butt :P) I guess you can say "Thor got Hammered... YEAH!!!""

Thor can easily have Mjolnir intercept the strike. Mjolnir moves a lot faster than Steel's.

Here's an example of Mjolnir's speed.

Thor is going to try and "negotiate" with the Builder, but he cannot have his hammer in the area, so he throws into space. ( It's part of his plan )

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir reaches space within in what seems to be seconds.

No Caption Provided

After a page and a half of dialogue, we see Mjolnir again and it's almost to the sun already.

No Caption Provided

Literally one quarter of the page of dialogue and back and we see Mjolnir already dipped into the sun and is on it's way back.

No Caption Provided

Yeah it's moving pretty damn quick.

No Caption Provided

Back on earth in a little more dialogue.

No Caption Provided

And than straight through a Builder...

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that's the kind of speed Mjolnir has, so Thor can easily deflect all of Steel's hammer throws with Mjolnir, while Steel cannot do the same because Mjolnir moves too fast for him to react. The distance from the earth to the sun is 149,600,000 km, and seeing how it takes sunlight from the sun 8 minutes and 20 seconds to reach the earth, I think it's more than obviously that Mjolnir is many times faster than light seeing as it not only flew to the sun, but back too.

This goes for everyone else in the tourny to. They will have to deal with Mjolnir's speed which is going to be difficult.

"he has the durability to hang with Thor and take allot of his hits before his armor wears down (see the fight vs Doomsday where he took a butt whooping and his armor was still functional) and he has the ability to fix his armor should something awful happen"

Can you show me any scans to suggest Steel can tank any more than a couple of strikes from Thor? He strikes harder than Doomsday himself, so it's not the best of examples to use. Until than i'll wait, but on the other hand Thor can tank Steel's punishment as long as need be. He has the durability feats to suggest so.

Thor has tanked strikes from Frost giants that sent him hurling throw the air, he comes back with no ill effect.

No Caption Provided

Thor is the one of the only characters in Marvel to be able to hold his own with Classic Drax The Destroyer.

No Caption Provided

The same Classic Drax that fought Thanos arm-locking, and ended up blowing up the planet with just the force given off by their physical strength. He even ripped the core out of a star. That's insane.

Yeah Thor take whatever he has.

Alright on to @nickthedevil

Orion is going to be a tricky one to deal with, he can take a lot of punishment and keep on fighting. His Astro force may cause so problems at the beginning but nothing of his will be long term problems. For starters Thor has the necessary striking force to put a real hurting on him. and even if tries to use his astro-force blasts, Thor can simply absorb the energy.

Thor can literally use Orion's astro force energy against everyone else on the battle field, he can open a portal and draw the energy into it, and then simply open a portal near where ever Steel, John, Graviton, or even Orion himself is and have it let loose on them.

No Caption Provided

Knowing how powerful the astro-force is, it will do some serious damage on who ever it's sent upon. Especially since this is a morals off Orion who will be doing and and using everything he has to win. Thor can also just absorb the energy and then send it back upon your team with his own energy's added it to it amplifying it's power right back it's opponent or anyone in the surrounding area.

No Caption Provided

Orion is going to have a hard time with Thor. I mean I didn't bring his weather manipulation into the mix which will cause everyone her trouble.

And finally @juiceboks. At first I thought you were going to be the hardest due your constructs, but than I found a way around them.

Thor has the necessary striking force and energy blasts to break through John's constructs, but that will take time and seeing how there are plenty of opponents in this battle I think it's going to be pretty difficult putting all his attention into one being, so to take John out easily.

As Thor states here ( actually it's Eric Masterson an inferior version of Thor ), Mjolnir has a space warping enchantment which makes it capable of going through force-fields.

No Caption Provided

I can see it going through John's constructs and then from there it's quite simple. John without his constructs is still durable but even Thor without Mjolnir can still take him out. His punches can send beings into orbit with one punch.

Although John is powerful, Thor can easily have Mjolnir go through his constructs strike him down and allow him to lose focus. Dropping his construct from there Thor can simply beat him down or drop a massive lightning bolt or a couple of them on him, killing him.

No Caption Provided

That's it for now.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@New_World_Order: nice. That's the typa post I expect from my man, well done.

I do, however, have much to say in response to that pal. Be back later with a present for ya. Gotta reply to juice first.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks, and i'll be waiting for your response.

sorry took so long man. Will have reply up today, have a lot of matches to post in today lol.........Holiday weekend and all. I was one of the few that didn't take vacation time and have been shafted at work. My vine time was hurt by that, things back to normal now and I gotta play "catch up" today....

get ready though..........here comes Graviton.........

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks, and i'll be waiting for your response.

sorry took so long man. Will have reply up today, have a lot of matches to post in today lol.........Holiday weekend and all. I was one of the few that didn't take vacation time and have been shafted at work. My vine time was hurt by that, things back to normal now and I gotta play "catch up" today....

get ready though..........here comes Graviton.........

It's all good.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@New_World_Order: ok my man, time to dig into this.

In response to Thor: Rebuttals, Counters, and Points of Consideration

first off:

"Franklin begins the battle by encapsulating the city in a Gravity dome"

Although that's a very clever way of keeping everyone in your own confined space, it's not going to be very effecting for someone like Thor. Although I think Thor can destroy the barrier with a hammer strike or few, I don't think that's necessary when he can literally just teleport outside the dome

before even getting into specifics let me talk about when Odinson and Graviton have encountered each other previously.I will be discussing two separate showings.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avengers 159 and Thor 324.

In Avengers 159:

No Caption Provided

Thor had no success whatsoever of harming Hall. Blows from Mjolnir, nor Elemental attacks were able to cause Graviton any type of substantial damage. It is proven that here,Thor is not able to breach Franklin's shielding capabilities, and Thor offense does not hinder Hall's concentration in any way.

No Caption Provided

In each attack, Thor is absolutely trying to put Hall down, to no avail. Thor knows that Graviton has already taken out the rest of the Avengers, so he's not holding back. so I really don't see Thor "destroying" Graviton's dome "with a hammer strike or few" at all. Considering their first encounter and also specifically for two reasons:

1) He can't even breach Magneto's shields.

No Caption Provided

2) How do you attack a force that's all around you for miles? It's not like a spherical "wall" that you can hit..................this is x100 times the earth's gravity, every inch and centimeter....covering the city all around you and invisibly pressing in from all sides. It would be like he was swinging madly in the air. That's if he could swing at all. You said Thor could move in that. Maybe.

and then there's counting on using Mjolnir somehow against Hall. Hmmmm.

I think it will be interesting when Franklin decides to either a) increase the gravitational pull of Mjolnir to the point that it pulls Thor away from the fight or b) he decreases the gravity on it, making it weightless and innefectual. Heck, Rulk was able to redirect it by jumping when Thor was holding on and then when weightless in space.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I say Hall uses Mjolnir as a weapon if it ever leaves Thor's hand, and takes control. If Hall could use a simple pebble as a weapon from continents away with his powers, he could psionically manipulate the gravity around Mjolnir and use it as a projectile against other members here. Hall has show the ability to hold Mjolnir in check and that leads me into...........

in Thor 324:

Graviton holds Mjolnior away from Thor in a gravity field, beats up on Thor a bit. Thor has to trick Hall into letting his guard down and hit him in the butt with a syringe/needle of knock out juice.

No Caption Provided

in this scan: two very significant things shown.

1. Mjolnir being held and Thor being able to do absolutely nothing about it.
  2. Graviton demonstrating ability to easily prevent Thor from moving with Gravity control. Backs up previous about the force of the pressure in the dome.

sealed, Thor's not going to be able to do much.

Thor can easily just will Mjonlir to strike him down or simple just summon an isanely powerful hurricane ( which was capable of hurting a being as powerful as a pissed of Odin ) to hit him. I was going to say to injure him, but such an attack would maybe kill Graviton

As shown above, Elemental attacks have not worked against Hall previously by Thor.

Honestly Graviton doesn't have much options against someone like Thor, who's using everything in his arsenal. I though Gravition was my biggest problem, but that probably goes to John Stewart or Orion. I do think Gravition's powers will be the most annoying and such, so he would be the first to be taken out

I beg to differ. I have shown differently.

No Caption Provided

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By New_World_Order

@cosmicallyaware1: Damn, nice post. I'll counter it soon, but I have a question. Is this debate between just us two now, or are the others still in?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Damn, nice post. I'll counter it soon, but I have a question. Is this debate between just us two now, or are the others still in?

Really think so? Praise from you = *pats self on back*. I think the other guys are still here. I'm finally gonna reply to Juices's Stewart post next. I know Kidman won't back outta this one....he's all worked up about Irons lately. Kids n their "phases" n all lmao...............

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

Really think so? Praise from you = *pats self on back*. I think the other guys are still here. I'm finally gonna reply to Juices's Stewart post next. I know Kidman won't back outta this one....he's all worked up about Irons lately. Kids n their "phases" n all lmao...............

Lmao, I hear you.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

ALRIGHTY THEN, MOVING ALONG.........@juiceboks:

In response to John Stewart......

No Caption Provided

with 100 times the normal Gravity, it will be difficult for most opponents to simply move, and also......think clearly (that means Irons and Stewart won't be able to focus.....).

Maybe Steel would be affected by this change in gravity but John sure as hell wouldn't be and neither would any half-baked Green Lantern member. Their personal forcefields protect them from the harsh conditions of space and can increase it to withstand stars and even black holes

More often than not, I agree with you on this point. GL's due have to endure the rigors of deep space and the such. It's debatable here that Graviton may be using it in such a localized force that it would give Stewart pause at least. There's one notable point that I would like to bring up however.

• Graviton's control is so precise and unique that his energies were able to completely neutralize the Vision whom has complete mastery of his density. I'm sure it's a stretch to say that is the Vision's density control equal to any of that GL's encounter in space travel. Does he exhibit feats on that level? tough to say. But it is of consideration to say that: if Hall was able to easily handle Vision and exert enough control Gravity wise to render him powerless.............could this be argued against John as well?

these showings are from Avengers 158. It has Vision in there along with other Avengers. He states (as he does many times over in his career) that he can affect ANYTHING with a Mass. GL has mass right? His physical body, his construct energy.....his ring....

No Caption Provided

the fantastic cover to the issue. God, I loved this period of Avengers.....and moving on to the next issue............159...

No Caption Provided

more showings of Gravity powers affecting Vision whom has impressive Density Control. Completely, with no effort. Very plausible that Hall can counter any level and rise above a GL.

No Caption Provided

Sorry to disappoint you Hall, but your gravity powers wouldn't be that effective against an average Green Lantern and they're sure as hell not gonna be effective against John. In fact, John could just leave the dome if he felt like it and snipe Graviton from a distance. Like so.

woah there bud! I feel that you are under the misconception that Hall has simple "Gravity Powers"........

No Caption Provided

Once again stated that due to his absolute mastery of one of the Fundamental forces............he has control over anything with a mass, including Light waves. Oan energy light based constructs maybe..... Doesn't matter what kind........

No Caption Provided

He has even demonstrated taking it a bit further, fine tuning and manipulating radio/sound waves. Anythingwith a mass proven....it bends to the will of Graviton....

No Caption Provided

So, I think it's fair to say that he doesn't simply have "Gravity Control", it's much more broader than that and larger in scope. There literally has not been proven.....for him to have many limitations. actually well withing his powerset to manipulate Oan energy(light/mass)

and then there's this point:

No Caption Provided

GL's, and here Stewart specifically..................sure as heck can be affected by strong Gravitational pulls/forces/manipulation. It just better be strong......which Hall can handle.

Notice the background of both John and the yellow lantern. That sniper could very well have been lightyears away and John still managed to lineup a perfect shot in seconds. And it would only take oneshot to take him out considering John has blasted Fernus in half before

Alright, couple things here bud, but good point. GL energy is very potent and respectable. That's not the issue.

First, Hall's defensive capabilities are outstanding putting it mildly. In a weakened state, just escaping captivity, he was able to tank the full brunt offensive attack from Extremis Iron Man.That's in a weakened state.

and the there's the tanking of Thor, and Thor's elemental attacks. There's quite afew other instaces, but saving those for later. That should be solid enough ground for that part nof the Rebuttal.

That's just raw durability, so the point is that he can take Oan punishment if it even landed on his person or personal shields, they could take it. However the next point you bring up is (due to the long ranged reference) of a "snipe attack" is that Hall has many showings of resisting "sneak attacks" and incoming attacks his way. It has something to do with sensing gravitational shifts in relation to his place in space...

No Caption Provided

his powers are.....like a GL's.....based on sheer though and willpower. Ironic matchup huh?

now, onto the next?

In conclusion......

Let's say for the sake of argument, and giving Stewart the benefit of doubt...........he manages to either be unaffected by the Gravity Dome, or is able to find a way around it.

He attacks Hall offensively (as he would in character) with constructs/energy. Hall shields, gets the gist of his opponent. Slams him with intense singular focused Gravity dampering. HE HAS MASS. It's what Hall does, manipulate that. So then I could see Hall noticing that GL's energy comes from his ring on his finger. Hmmmmm. Well, Hall then decides to make that ring weigh.....oh, MILLIONS OF TONS>

No Caption Provided

and the he can always follow off with a tactic that, he ironically used to kill himself....only reversed on Stewart.

No Caption Provided

Graviton can direct a microgravitational burst into the frontal lobe of your brain and rupture the Basilar Artery. That would equal a Subarchinoid Cereberal Hemorrhage.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was one epic CaV we had in the past.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By oceanmaster21

Nobody finished this

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 anthp2000  Moderator

Tag if you guys actually manage to finish this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice cav folks so far I'm enjoying it although I'm a bit confused it seems this is being done outta order. Oh well look forward to the rest of it by the way to the person doing thor thats not a thanosi and it didnt do nothing to him he teleports back to the fight like a page after that happens. Other than that I'll keep my mouth shut and enjoy