• 78 results
kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By kidman560

thats right folks you heard correctly... but wait until you see who our contestants are

Kidman560- Steel (Pre 52) Steel has chip that was damaged in his fight with scorpio but also his current Hammer and Armor

No Caption Provided

Cosmicallyaware1- Graviton

No Caption Provided

Juiceboks- John Stewart

No Caption Provided

Nickthedevil- Orion

No Caption Provided

Newworldorder- Thor (i think we were all shocked by this selection)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

all votes for Steel will count as 2. Votes for Graviton and Thor will be 1/2. John and Orion are standard :P

win by death/incap/Ko/ or Giant Hammer to the face (which oddly is a precursor to the other 3)

Morals are Off

Basic Knowledge

Fight Takes place in New York

No Caption Provided

Battle cannot leave Earth...

Hammer Puns will be accepted as long as they are good and funny.

everyone all good?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By New_World_Order

Haha, I like this. Wait...why are morals on? Such a battle will take full power!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Also, standard knowledge of each other, or completely random encounter? Asking because we have both Marvel and DC mix. Some characters are familiar with some, while not so much with others.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidman560
FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think theres already a clear winner, but alright, I'll see what you guys come up with..

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funsiized

@kidman560:

Hammer Puns will be accepted as long as they are good and funny.

Steel with hammer vs John huh?

Guess it's time to crack the whip...oh wait.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We also need a posting order.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funsiized
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All out morals Off battle with 5 powerhouses?

NIIIICEEE! please tag me for votes!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was 6 viners in this I might have been interested, but who cares about 5? Big deal...

.......JK. Good luck fellas!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator
Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidman560

Steel

Arguably the weakest here... and i would agree to that if it were just a 1 on 1 but this is 5 way free for all if epic proportions.

First some info on the man inside the suit

No Caption Provided

John Henry Irons is easily one of the smartest Men in DC. I like to think of him as the Tony Stark of DC actually.

No Caption Provided

see notice how Batman didnt reverse engineer boom tube tech, John Henry Irons did.

The Chip

No Caption Provided

it was implanted in Steel at a very early age... it allowed him to teleport. its really all quite fascinating because if this chip had been given to Superman he would not have been able to teleport. only someone on Steels Intelligence could possibly do it.

as you can see here... Steels Armor was being shredded but when he teleports he notices that the armor is completely restored... he has also used it to teleport other places but only when teleported in here does the armor fix itself

The Hammer

No Caption Provided

Steels Hammer is special for many reasons

1-2. Steels hammer gets faster and stronger the more kinetic energy it absorbs. basically the farther he throws it the faster and harder it gets (hes also increased it by spinning it)

3. if it absorbs enough kinetic energy it can hit as hard as super man (it gets there pretty fast as ill show you) it hasnt reached a maximum power level but it is assumed that it can hit harder if it absorbs more kinetic energy. its also voice command

4-5. it is connected with Earths geomagnetic flow and is DNA activated. basically this means the only person controlling Steel's Hammer will be Steel

No Caption Provided

it can release Energy to attack or blind... this wont be effective on some people but on others the energy will just be a boost to the insane hammer

now lets see it in action

this is also a durability feat as taking MM's Vision without a scratch is impressive

so we see him take a blast from Eradicator and again is unharmed, we then see Steel 1 hit KTFO Eradicator. this hammer will hurt.

The Armor

Steels pride and joy

1-3 Steel went into space (he has oxygen) and brought a satellite back down. didnt even feel re-entry

4. he stops a moving train from crashing into another (you can see how big the train is)

he physically overpowers Blockbuster II, all of the Block Busters have some really enhanced strength, and thanks to a deal made with Neron Blockbuster 2 was able to keep his Intelligence

probably Steel's best feat. he went up against Doomsday clone that had a Deadpool style Healing Factor. he went toe to toe with this guy and his armor survived. very impressive no?

Wrap-Up

alright a lot of people dont know Steel or if they do its from the Justice League Cartoon which did Steel a great injustice but the fact is:

he has the strength, speed, and durability to be here

with his hammer being connected to the Earth's geomagnetic field and his own armor having a Graviton power source it would be most difficult for Graviton to affect Steel's armor in certain ways

If his armor gets too damaged he can simply teleport. and with Morals off hes not pulling his punches nor is he exactly worried about hurting people here.

conclusion Steel is a bada$$ who is rather underestimated. thats my opener. take your time to read and enjoy it... i put a lot of effort into it.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

Orion

Easily one of the top contenders here, Orion has proven himself on more than one occasion. Orion's standard gear is his Astro Harness and Motherbox.

Just to start and give an idea, Here Orion takes Slig, a New God/Fish man who is often with the Deep Six. He is reference as being a class 100 villain, in the Superman level, and Orion makes him cringe. Slig is also capable of disintegrating his opponents with a touch, but here it doesn't even affect Orion.

The Astro Force

The Astro Force is a power that only Orion is capable of wielding. Besides being able to augment his strength and durability, he is also able shoot powerful blasts. In this fight against a souped up Kalibak (Wielding a portion of Darkseid's power) and some Parademons, he demonstrates a good AOE attack that disintegrates them, and then takes down Kalibak in a single hit.

No Caption Provided

More on the Astro Force and a show of his durability. He tells Superman that his punch "almost hurt", and proceeds to one shot Superman in his own title.

Orion, ladies and gentlemen.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god 5 way CaV, this is going to be fun to read..

I want a tag at the end if possible :)

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD GRAVITON YESS

MY GRANBOY HAS COME OUT AND IM PROUD

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I think theres already a clear winner, but alright, I'll see what you guys come up with..

Graviton solos right ;)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@killemall

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be good

Please tag me at the end!

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus said:

Graviton solos right ;)

I would certainly think so, but I'll watch and see what happens.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@pr0metheus said:

Graviton solos right ;)

I would certainly think so, but I'll watch and see what happens.

Have no fear, won't let ya down. Been waitin for an opportunity to respresent the primal force that graviton is.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Well I think it's about time I let John roll up his green sleeves..

No Caption Provided

John Stewart is undoubtedly one of the best GL's that ever lived, and his skills with the ring are nothing sort of legendary among the corpsmen. But don't just take my word for it, let's hear what other Lanterns have to say.

Described as the best flyer amongst the lanterns
Described as the best flyer amongst the lanterns
Hal describes John's constructs as the most thoroughly built
Hal describes John's constructs as the most thoroughly built

So clearly, the man has earned his props amongst his peers. But enough about how much respect he gets from others, let's move on to what he's actually done to warrant this admiration.

Offense

Offensively John has perhaps the greatest amount of options to choose from here. These range from simple energy blasts..

Staggers an amped Parallax possessed Kyle and Hal amalgam
Staggers an amped Parallax possessed Kyle and Hal amalgam

Blinds Superman faster than he can react
Blinds Superman faster than he can react
No Caption Provided
Blasts Fernus' head off(Same Fernus that soloed the JLA) and later bisects him.
Blasts Fernus' head off(Same Fernus that soloed the JLA) and later bisects him.

To constructs of varying shapes and sizes..

No Caption Provided
Recreates a whole star system and exceeds his ring's capabilities
Recreates a whole star system and exceeds his ring's capabilities
Creates a platoon of soldiers to fight off a planet full of Black Lanterns.
Creates a platoon of soldiers to fight off a planet full of Black Lanterns.
Seals away Fernus in an Iron Maiden-esque construct momentarily
Seals away Fernus in an Iron Maiden-esque construct momentarily

Hell, he could even use telepathy to wipe the minds of his competitors like he did in Kingdom Come.

No Caption Provided

He's got quite a bit to choose from here, and he's the firepower to ensure whatever decision he makes counts.

Defense

Now of course, he's certainly not lacking a way to defends himself. Unlike some of the other characters in this matchup, John doesn't have to rely solely on his natural durability to keep himself going. His defensive measures, much like his offensive ones, are quite extensive.

He could simply encase himself in a shield, the same shields that have kept Martian Manhunter at bay..

No Caption Provided

..and kept the both of them alive and conscious through a supernova

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hell, even his hastily made shields have withstood blasts from beings as powerful as Starbreaker.

No Caption Provided

Starbreaker has straight up oneshotted Superman and Martian Manhunter, so for John to block his energy blasts is rather impressive.

John could also set his ring on auto-shoot, so that it blasts anything that moves.

No Caption Provided

Needless to say(even though I've already said it) Johnathan isn't exactly stretched thinly when it comes to defending himself.

That about wraps it up for John. More scans of his greatness will be showcased as appropriate, but as of now I believe this is sufficient. What about you John? How does it everything look so far?

No Caption Provided

Preciate it brotha.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

alrighty gents, let me get this out of the way.............I apologize for the delay.

Introduction:

It is my great honor to present:

Franklin Hall: The Primal force known as GRAVITON

No Caption Provided

Power Set abilities and capabilities:

Franklin Hall was a normal human until empowered by an explosion that intermingled his molecules with sub-nuclear graviton particles generated by a nearby particle generator, which gave him the ability to manipulate gravitons (the subatomic particles that carry the force of gravitational attraction) and anti-gravitons (similar particles but with opposite force and spin of gravitons). Graviton could surround any person or object, including himself, with gravitons or anti-gravitons, thereby increasing or decreasing the pull of gravity upon it. Hall was able to manipulate gravitons for various uses, including the projection of highly-concussive blasts, formation of gravitational force fields and levitation, and had also been proven capable of generating gravitational fields in various objects, making them attract any nearby matter (or individuals) not heavy enough or physically strong enough to resist. . However, by using his force field generation capabilities he could also breathe in space. By increasing the pull of gravity beneath his opponents, he could pin them to the ground, having made them too heavy to move, or cause sufficient gravitational stress to impair the normal functioning of the human cardiovascular system. He could also cause an inanimate object (such as a 1-foot (0.30 m) diameter rock) to radiate enough gravitons to give it its own gravitational field, able to attract nearby matter and energy.

By rapidly projecting gravitons in a cohesive beam, he could generate a force blast with a maximum concussive force equivalent to the primary shockwave of an explosion of 20,000 pounds of TNT. He could also create a gravitational force field around him capable of protecting him from any concussive force up to and including a small nuclear weapon.

On a large scale Graviton could exert his gravitational control over a maximum distance of 2.36 miles (3.80 km) from his body. Thus, the maximum volume of matter he could influence at once is 6.88 cubic miles (28.7 km). He once exercised this control by lifting into the air an inverted conic frustum-shaped land mass whose uppermost area was 4 miles (6.4 km) across, and causing it to fly as though it were a blimp. He could also erect a gravitational force-field of similar proportions. Graviton could formerly perform as many as four separate tasks simultaneously - he had not only lifted a 4-mile (6.4 km) wide land mass as high as cloud level above San Francisco, but at the same time he also surrounded himself with a force-field, ascended on a small rock down and hurled some policemen and helicopter 10,000 miles (16,000 km) up into the Orbit. Graviton could use his power at maximum capacity for up to eight hours before mental fatigue significantly impaired his performance, and considerably longer (up to eighteen hours) if he conserved his energy during that time.

He was somehow also able to bestow the power of self-propelled flight to at least 70 people independent from his location, however he was also able to take this power away with a thought.

With time and training his power further advanced as sustained application of his power, even to the extent of levitating an island miles above ground level, could continue while he sleeps, he was able to somewhat reshape mountains on the Moon and demonstrated the ability to lift a small stone in China while residing in L.A. and deposit it in Australia through a victims head just to see if he could so. By separating himself from Earth's gravitational field and instead attuning himself to the incredibly stronger gravitational field of the Sun, he was able to cross the distance from Earth to the Sun almost instantaneously, where his individual force field proved strong enough to withstand the forces of the Sun itself, effectively simulating long-range teleportation. To return from the Sun to Earth he utilized the Sun's gravitational field as a form of slingshot device and was able to cross the distance to Earth within minutes.

Hall's single most ambitious display of power was when he held almost every Marvel hero in stasis, including the whole Fantastic Four, some of the X-Men and such physical powerhouses as Thor, Hercules, the Hulk andNamor, and began using his powers to try reshaping the Earth in his image.

He also had the ability to detect extra-dimensional-shiftings and phased or invisible objects through his immediate awareness of gravitational shiftings and while he was not able to invoke dimensional portals he was at least able to close them. He could simulate vast superhuman strength and durability using gravitonic fields to surround his body, but he could not actually manipulate density or increase his physical strength.

Aside from his powers to manipulate gravity, Hall had a PhD in Physics and is intellectually brilliant, with expertise in advanced physics, including teleportation. His greatest limitation was that he was emotionally and mentally very disturbed.

SO what does all that really mean? Let me show you.............

No Caption Provided

It means that he has effortlessly........and I do mean effortlessly........................been able to exert control and dominance over a vast majority of heroes, in fair sized groups........consistently. Look at the power assembled in this pic: Thor. Genis-Vell. Hulk. Hercules. Scarlet Witch. Ghost Rider. The entire FF. Vision. Wonder Man (Ionic at that), She Hulk, etc...etc.....

Hall controls one of the Fundamental, Primal forces of the Universe that everybody is governed by, and with extreme skill and versatility.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

While he was in the LA, Graviton was able to mentally pick a pebble up from China, and within seconds...fly it to Australia before shooting it through a person’s head. Graviton later reveals that this wasn’t a random victim – it was a specifically-chosen target. This not only shows the range of Graviton’s powers, but the sheer precision that he’s able to utilize as well. brrrrrr....

now I realize that the individuals amassed here have much more durability than the average human......and a pebble is not a scary thing. or could it be? Regardless, the point is to showcase versatility and control over his powerset.

No Caption Provided

*Here he stated that his power grants him controls over ANYTHING that has a mass, including Light waves (Energy projection gentlemen?). We will go into this in greater detail later.

and here are his pages from Handbook of the Marvel Universe (original and more current). Significant note for Graviton here however. The first two scans are Handbook breakdowns of Classic Graviton, while the others are updated entries of Graviton after Upgrade (will discuss that point next)

Now it's very important to address an important factor here: there are two significant versions of Graviton.

1. His original, classic version.
  2. During Fabian Nicieza’s Thunderbolts run, Graviton received a massive powers-upgrade.

I will be showcasing ALL of Franklin's feats and showings in composite, as he really has limited appearances (as in comparison with Thor or Orion whom have been around for awhile and have more info to go off of). So always be aware that whatever I showcase of Graviton doing in his his original incarnation............ he can replicate it, rise above, and even do substantially better with his current power-levels. Be prepared.

No Caption Provided

and with that, should be good for now. Sorry....pressed for time, so can't do my typical in depth opener info. Will bust that out next post or so.

Next?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@pr0metheus: @nighthunder: whatcha think of the Intro post? sufficient?

That feat where hes holding all the heros in the air is alot better then it seems with all the other stuff hes doing along side it on the other pages, but yes its good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@cosmicallyaware1: Which version of Graviton are you using Cos? Classic, Current or the most powerful version, Heroes Reborn?

EDIT: Never mind, seen that it's a composite version. Though you may have needed to warn the others about Heroes Reborn Graviton.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH SNAP! This is epic. I'll be following this one.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor

God of thunder and lightning and arguably the most powerful contender in this match.

No Caption Provided

Let me just start of by saying that almost every character has an advantage they hold over every other character in this battle, although I believe Thor holds more advantages than everyone else here. For starters Thor strikes a lot harder then anyone here due to the fact he's wielding a weapon that was forged in a dying star, amplified with Odin Force energy, and was once used by the most powerful Skyfather himself, Odin. So based off of that you can pretty much tell just how hard Thor strikes with it.

Thor has struck Sentry so hard that he was sent hurling through the air uncontrollably and was not seen for the rest of the issue.

No Caption Provided

Even by simply calling Mjolnir and having it come back with a lot of force to go straight through Angrir ( an amped version of Thing ) and kill him.

The same Angrir who stomped Rulk without too much trouble.

Bur don't think Thor is just all power, and can't take what he dishes out, cause he very can, and has the feats to show it. This is where another of his advantages are. Thor can take more punishment than anyone else here, and keep on fighting.

Death Seed Sentry punch Thor so hard that it was felt around planet, yet Thor is up and fighting like nothing happened after that.

No Caption Provided

Cause right after he's up and ready to do this.

To show his durability on the energy based side, he's tanked multiple blasts from an anti-matter amplified version of Electro. Anti-matter is an extremely powerful form of energy yet he tanks multiple blasts of them.

But hey Thor is not just a guy who can hit stuff really hard, and take punishment. No, he is more than that. He's the god of thunder and lightning, and that's exactly what he'll be bring to this fight. He's going to bring the lightning, and who there can actually tank many of these other than Thanos?

No Caption Provided

Even Hyperion has been caused what seems to be a lot of pain from a casual lightning bolt.

No Caption Provided

Imagine what would happen if Thor unleashed his full fury of the storms? Chaos.

As for speed Mjolnir can literally rip through time and space to reach it's targets if Thor chooses so.

Seeing as how he can open portals to almost anywhere, he can easily reach anywhere on the planet if he wants to.

No Caption Provided

So if Thor wants to tag someone he will tag them, but to be honest no one here is really that fast so dodging Thor's lightning is already going to be a problem. Whether it be lightning called down from the sky, or him, or even straight out of the hammer like this.

No Caption Provided

Everyone here is going to have trouble dodging or blocking it.

I think that's good enough for an opener.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus said:

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@pr0metheus: @nighthunder: whatcha think of the Intro post? sufficient?

That feat where hes holding all the heros in the air is alot better then it seems with all the other stuff hes doing along side it on the other pages, but yes its good.

I'll be presenting that later and going into detail about it. that scan was just for the appetizer course lol....

You forcefeed them that shit and overwhelm them to the point they think they have no other choice but for you to win!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pr0metheus:

@lvenger said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Which version of Graviton are you using Cos? Classic, Current or the most powerful version, Heroes Reborn?

EDIT: Never mind, seen that it's a composite version. Though you may have needed to warn the others about Heroes Reborn Graviton.

???? If Graviton gets all of his feats, how does he not solo & stomp?

Do any of these characters have TP or something that can take him down, before he crushes them all?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cosmicallyaware1: Shrugs

I'll try to vote fairly, but unless someone comes up with a crazy idea...this is a stomp already with your intro.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 juiceboks  Moderator

@lukehero said:

I'll try to vote fairly, but unless someone comes up with a crazy idea...this is a stomp already with your intro.

well..............considering the debaters assembled, and the Level we set. Figured I should bring it. right?

Seriously though you should've said you were using composite Graviton. Especially considering what he's done in Heroes Reborn..

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @pr0metheus: @lukehero: See here gentleman in a 5 way CaV there are allot of variables that sometimes get over looked go back and re-read everyones Intro carefully i think theres somethings you might have missed...

also @juiceboks heads up my man youre up for our first post...

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @pr0metheus: @lukehero: See here gentleman in a 5 way CaV there are allot of variables that sometimes get over looked go back and re-read everyones Intro carefully i think theres somethings you might have missed...

also @juiceboks heads up my man youre up for our first post...

I didn't say anything, I'm watching what you guys come up with.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@juiceboks said:

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@lukehero said:

well..............considering the debaters assembled, and the Level we set. Figured I should bring it. right?

Seriously though you should've said you were using composite Graviton. Especially considering what he's done in Heroes Reborn..

my bad, honestly. In all actuality that;s my fault because i assumed. i assumed there would be no other way to use the character, and who would state versions? once again, due to his limited showings. I apologize for any misconceptions...............i figured everybody was on board and as full of bravado and ignorance as kidman. lol........

You state versions when using a character that has multiple showings of varied levels throughout their publication history. Like if I wanted to use Classic Iron Man instead of the current one(for whatever reason) or if I wanted to use composite Aquaman(which includes at least three completely different versions of the character) that knowledge would need to be communicated up front. I'm not worried about him, but still. For future references you should make these things clear.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@juiceboks said:

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@lukehero said:

my bad, honestly. In all actuality that;s my fault because i assumed. i assumed there would be no other way to use the character, and who would state versions? once again, due to his limited showings. I apologize for any misconceptions...............i figured everybody was on board and as full of bravado and ignorance as kidman. lol........

You state versions when using a character that has multiple showings of varied levels throughout their publication history. Like if I wanted to use Classic Iron Man instead of the current one(for whatever reason) or if I wanted to use composite Aquaman(which includes at least three completely different versions of the character) that knowledge would need to be communicated up front. I'm not worried about him, but still. For future references you should make these things clear.

for sure man, i totally get that. in most cases, sure! And those guys have quite the history! I'm sorry, however Hall is a bit different. Seriously.....my bad. Hall, even though has been around since the late 70's..........has very,very few showings. In comparison of other characters that have hundred, thousands...............Graviton has dozens at best.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers