Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

Soldier, Heavy, Scout, Medic, Demoman, and Engineer

VS.

Pharah, Bastion, Tracer, Mercy, Junkrat, and Torbjorn.

Rules:

Tracer is restricted to her abilities as seen in game.

Everybody is in character

Bastion can't self heal

Tf2 has comic feats

Scenarios:

1: No Ults. Team Tf2 has stock arsenal.

2: Ults. Full arsenal for tf2.

No Caption Provided

If you're frustrated with the rules, feel free to discuss scenarios without them.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TF2 stomps both rounds.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: You are a pretty big supporter of Scout, and of Tf2 in general.

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LowFlyby

Tracer can solo, Phara can solo, Bastion can solo...

Since this is only game abilities then team OWs artillery and energy weapons kill them in seconds. TF2 Chars just arent tanky enough. In TF2 a Small handheld shotgun is considered scary as hell...Meanwhile you have people like Reaper with 2 hell shotguns running around taking dozens of shots to kill an enemy. Also did i mention road hog ? His shotgun is so big it literally has the barrel diameter of a 50mm cannon...Even worse its a double barrel shotgun, and that takes a few hits to kill even the weakest characters in overwatch.

Thats apart from the massive Speed and agility difference here aswell.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_nofunallowed: Yeah. I would probably give the Overwatch team a slight edge if there were a scenario where TF2 team had stock gear and Overwatch could use ults, though.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby said:

Tracer can solo, Phara can solo, Bastion can solo...

Since this is only game abilities then team OWs artillery and energy weapons kill them in seconds. TF2 Chars just arent tanky enough.

Thats apart from the massive Speed and agility difference here.

Oho, looks like we have a taker. @amendment50

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby said:

Bastion can solo...

You have literally no idea what you are talking about if you think Bastion can solo.

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LowFlyby

@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

Bastion can solo...

You have literally no idea what you are talking about if you think Bastion can solo.

I think its the other way around. TF2 characters have crap durability.

Literally normal handguns are dangerous in that game.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby: Even with the most insane lowballing possible the TF2 team still has Ubercharge which Bastion has no counter to whatsoever.

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby: Even with the most insane lowballing possible the TF2 team still has Ubercharge which Bastion has no counter to whatsoever.

Ubercharge doesnt matter because They all get blitzed. Also Ubercharge doesnt have the feats to say its going to be effective Vs massively superior speed, durability and weaponry.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby said:

...The soldier uses shooting himself in the feet with his rocket launcher as a strategy

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No one on the TF2 team is fast enough to touch Tracer.

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LowFlyby

@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

...The soldier uses shooting himself in the feet with his rocket launcher as a strategy

Yeah and he was designed around it. But Hes not feeling to well when he gets shot by a dinky little pistol or headshot by a sniper.

His Rocket jump durability wont matter when hes entirely featless against energy weapons.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...

I...

alright

No Caption Provided

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby:

How exactly do they get blitzed in round 2? Considering the Medic has a vaccinator which gives a good amount of resistance to bullets and explosions if needed to.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...

I...

alright

No Caption Provided

I accept your surrender.

Good debate.

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby:

How exactly do they get blitzed in round 2? Considering the Medic has a vaccinator which gives a good amount of resistance to bullets and explosions if needed to.

That wont matter because Ultimates are in round 2..... Considering how badly they do against soldiers launcher, Pharas ultimate alone would team wipe them. Leaving Heavy left on Low HP and by himself at very least.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@lowflyby said:
@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

Yeah and he was designed around it. But Hes not feeling to well when he gets shot by a dinky little pistol or headshot by a sniper.

His Rocket jump durability wont matter when hes entirely featless against energy weapons.

No Caption Provided

You officially have no clue what you're talking about. I'll take your opinion's worth as I would a grain of salt.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@lowflyby: Do you think they'll have them ultimates at the start? No.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TF2 team stomps

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby said:
@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

No Caption Provided

You officially have no clue what you're talking about. I'll take your opinion's worth as I would a grain of salt.

Clearly Biased TF2 Fan is clearly biased.

You never specified. You Said Ults. So ofcourse we are supposed to assume they have them.

Fail OP, Fail Thread. My work is done here.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the TF team. Still though, even if Tracer is restricted

Loading Video...

If Bastion can set up, he deals a ludicrous amount of damage with that minigun.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@lowflyby said:
@mr_nofunallowed said:
@lowflyby said:
@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

No Caption Provided

@mr_nofunallowed said:

You never specified. You Said Ults. So ofcourse we are supposed to assume they have them.

No Caption Provided

Lol. Nice try at saving face.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Cow_Mangler_5000

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Righteous_Bison

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Pomson_6000

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Manmelter

And you assumed we were playing by gameplay only? So why would they have ults at the start. I could make that a rule though if other people think it would be fairer. Next time play Tf2 for more than 5 minutes.

@amendment50

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Amendment50

@mr_nofunallowed: You asking if I think it would be fairer to limit it to gameplay only? Eh not really, both are kinda hard to gauge in that respect. Would pretty much equalize durability but everything is still up for debate.

Although that would take away Tracer's precious "bullet timing" feat, lol. Or wait, that's already restricted in OP isn't it

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Nah, I was just asking you to laugh with me at the no durability feats against energy weapons feat.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby said:
@mr_nofunallowed said:
@lowflyby said:
@amendment50 said:

@lowflyby said:

No Caption Provided

@mr_nofunallowed said:

No Caption Provided

Lol. Nice try at saving face.

Saving Face ? The Hell do you think you are ?

No Caption Provided

Ive got nothing to lose about what you think of me, And frankly I dont care.

Nice turning your own thread into a Social **** measuring contest. Have fun!

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: I forgot about that. I don't run into much people using that skin though. Didn't Sniper and Scout get their own retrofuturistic skins also? I'm never in a server with one of those guys.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@lowflyby: And thank you for accepting the fact soldier has energy weapon durability. Good day to you sir!

LowFlyby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby: And thank you for accepting the fact soldier has energy weapon durability. Good day to you sir!

Wont last too long considering you die in 2 seconds in that game.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowflyby: Alright my man, whatever makes you feel good.

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1: The TF2 team has good lead on durability. However only for Solider, Scout, and maybe Demo. Solider and Scout have for sure rocket level durability. Demoman maybe....in Meet the Medic he survived being blown away by three rockets from behind. However for sure Medic and Engineer have no feats like at all. So we can only assume normal human durability. For the Heavy we see in Mann vs. Machine - The Sound of Medicine at around :20 a close range explosion happens and the Heavy only yells. In Strength the TF2 team also has a good lead. The Soldier can use the Black Box which weighs half and ton. Scout can kill a bear in one swing. Heavy can kill a giant bear with his hands. Again Medic, Engineer,and Demoman have no strength feats. Well the Demoman can cut off people heads with his eyelander.

Funny enough Overwatch has better sustained mobility Pharah can fly at high speeds. In the "We are" Overwatch trailer we see Pharah fly out of some clouds at some pretty fast speeds. Which gives her more mobility than the Soldier's rocket jumping. Tracer obviously can blink around but with " Tracer is restricted to her abilities as seen in game." Really hurts her alot. Her in game limits are pitiful only three Blinks and three recharge makes her so much slower.Although Mercy has zero feats in lore her Suit actually lets here fly. Which gives her better survivability than the TF2 Medic.

In terms of weaponry I'd say there equal we don't really much info on there weapons.A few notable exceptions are The Heavy's minigun can fire at 10,000 rpm and the Medic's medigun can keep people alive even when they have no heart also regenerate an entire chest cavity in seconds. Bastion in turret form can mow down trees splitting them apart like paper. Junkrat can blow up entire skyscraper with prep time (Also presumably with a single bomb too, but this is unlikely)

In this scenario Pharah gets to the middle first and quite literally rains justice from above. Never letting the Engineer setup up his sentry gun. Bastion goes into turret form lays down suppressing fire. Overall however the TF2 team has too much durability and can tank alot more from Overwatch. If anything the Engineer gets killed, the Medic too if Tracer can get in close and either gun him down or pulse bomb'em. The best bet for Overwatch is too take out the Heavy asp so Pharah can get in close. Torb and Bastion should stay back and lay down suppressing fire. Both of them can deny the Soldier a bombing run when he rocket jumps. Although they have to careful because the Demoman can easily take them out. IF everything goes perfect they should pull out a win over the TF2 mercs. However the TF2 team have a higher chance of winning. Mostly due to Solider and Scout. With their high durability they'll be able to tank what ever the Overwatch team throws at them. The Medic would be glued to the Heavy's pootis constantly healing him. The Heavy will be able to gun down Pharah due to his insane rpm and keep Tracer off the Medic (Only because the OP's nerf......). Mercy has no lore to her healing while the Medic has been shown to have insane healing capabilities at the cost of mobility since to heal the Solider, Scout or Demoman he has so run towards which can very dangerous. While Mercy can just fly to whom ever needs it. Bastion although similar to the heavy, has to stay still while in turret form. This makes him very vulnerable to Demoman pipes. Junkrat can only destroy the Engineers buildings however Pharah won't let him build up sentry. I really don't wanna say that Solider can tank fire Bastion, but he can tank at least a little bit not sustained fire but a quick poke at the Soldier won't kill'em. Plus the Medic can heal his injures. So overall it gets a bit stalematey until the Medic pops uber which allows the TF2 mercs to kill Bastion and Torb freeing up the battlefield. Scout takes out Junkrat and Tracer. Then the heavy shoots down Pharah and Mercy.

Scenario :2 Overwatch has a better chance since Pharah can pop a ult while above the Medic killing him or Tracer can pulse bomb the medic.Leaving the TF2 team without healing. Torb can upgrade his turret to lvl 3 to save it. Mercy can bring back her teammates for a surprise attack. Bastion and Junkrats ults aren't really gonna do much since they can both be stopped by three outta the six mercs. Soldier can bomb bastion, Heavy can gun him down. While Junkrats tire can be shot by anybody and have it be rendered null. Also this leaves him vulnerable. Their ults do help them quite a bit, yet since the TF2 mercs have their full arsenal it helps them more than the ults help Overwatch. Soldier has the beggar's bazooka which gives him a mini Pharah ult. Scout has his bonk which turns him into a bullet dodger. Medic can erect a shield(possibly stopping the Pharah ult) , heal teammates from afar with the crusaders crossbow, make the mercs more resistant to damage with the Vaccinator giving them better bullet and explosive durability. The Engineer might actually get his sentry gun up via the jag.

In short ,Round 1: TF2 Team 8/10 Overwatch Team 6/10. Round :2 TF2 Team 9/10 Overwatch Team 7/10. But this not a stomp for either side. In fact Overwatch can win if they play their cards perfectly.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@ultra_supermanking: Very nice explanation. I'm also happy that you didn't say it was a stomp for either team. I'm curious however on how the battle would go if Tracer would be able to blink everywhere

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if its me as engi, i can solo

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_nofunallowed: If Tracer could blink like in the lore it would give Overwatch a much better chance. It makes the fight about 50/50.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_supermanking: Interesting. I assumed her blink would give too much of an advantage when placed alongside Pharah's flight and Bastion's tree mowing down feat.

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump
Bump

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tracer solos ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think TF2 and Overwatxh fans will never find a happy medium. Both sides stick to their guns, and refuse to back down. And I love it. Lol. These debates will never end, and I don't want them too!

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyways. bastion and mercy as a combo is deadly as is pharmercy. tf2 will have a hard enough time dealing with that combo to even deal with tracer bastion junk-rat and torb running around.

overwatch wins in a good fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medic is no slouch. He is actually fast enough to keep up with scout, can match sniper in aim, and has one of the strongest melee things. Lets say medic decides to sneak off. If he could ambush any overwatch members, he could not only one shot them with his saw, but also heal himself since tf2 has magic weapons and gear also

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss TF2... :(

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers