616 Thor (base Thor, not All-Father) takes a hot bath in a magnetar for about an hour, what's the damage?

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll 616 Thor (base Thor, not All-Father) takes a hot bath in a magnetar for about an hour, what's the damage? (18 votes)

He takes a good hot magnetic bath and calls it a day 28%
He is hurt, but not my much 22%
He is hurt badly, but nothing more 0%
He gets ripped apart eventually 50%
No Caption Provided

• 
nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nwname  Moderator

Based on high ends surface temperature and pressure wouldn't kill him, he should be able to take it a good while. If he were to sink (no reason for that to happen but since he can somehow dip in the stuff here meh) inside hed die, the pressure is equivalent of the weight of a hundred million earths.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he handles it. Thor has been mistreated by authors a lot (like, a lot) but i still believe him capable of surviving it.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@pepsimax5 said:
@nwname said:

Based on high ends surface temperature and pressure wouldn't kill him, he should be able to take it a good while. If he were to sink (no reason for that to happen but since he can somehow dip in the stuff here meh) inside hed die, the pressure is equivalent of the weight of a hundred million earths.

It wont work like whole mass is concentrated toward Thor. There is anti-gravitational expanding force and other forces. Pressure inside Magnetar is like mass of several Earths but this happens only inside core.

I know that. If it were; it would be dozens of quadrillions and not hundred million, due to gravity being about 10^11 times earth level. Pressure is on the order of 10^34 pascals. Thats 10^33 kg under earth gravity per m^2. He dies if you put him in the core. What do you mean anti-gravitational?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takenstew22  Moderator

How hot are Magnetar's compared to regular stars and how powerful of a gravity do they have?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU star level Thor tanks. 616 Thor dies.

Lukude6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lukude6

@takenstew22 said:

How hot are Magnetar's compared to regular stars and how powerful of a gravity do they have?

It's just neutron star but hotter than our sun surface temperature and has crazy amount magnetic fields, produces excess amount of gamma rays and x-ray. It's one of the most powerful magnetic object in the universe. They have diameter of 20kms but they are 2x the mass of the sun and their gravity is only second to blackhole. They have pressure that is like millions if not billions of the earth

OT. I don't think the magnetic fields is gonna do that much damage and he will take the heat but I don't know about the pressure.

TH

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 takenstew22  Moderator

@lukude6 said:
@takenstew22 said:

It's just neutron star but hotter than our sun surface temperature and has crazy amount magnetic fields, produces excess amount of gamma rays and x-ray. It's one of the most powerful magnetic object in the universe. They have diameter of 20kms but they are 2x the mass of the sun and their gravity is only second to blackhole. They have pressure that is like millions if not billions of the earth

OT. I don't think the magnetic fields is gonna do that much damage and he will take the heat but I don't know about the pressure.

TH

Thor might die eventually but I think he take a beating from it for a bit.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may just enjoy the time he has in one.

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers