616 Thanos without any item, 616 Thor and Hulk vs Silver Age Black Adam

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Silver Age version of Adam vs 616 version of Thanos,Hulk and Thor.

Conditions:Adam is bloodlusted as he believes Marvel guys killed his family, Marvel team is in character

Which side would win?

Can Marvel team win against a character who can take both Silver Age Superman and Shazam at the same time or would they be crashed like bugs against Adam?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomguy287: How?He is massively weaker in physical strenght and durability only his Tk may be useful thats why i added Thor and Hulk

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

What are SA BA's best feats?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

He fought SA Superman and the latter said that he had the potential strength and stamina to keep fighting for days.

Considering his feats, like most SA characters, are pretty inconsistent, it's hard to pin down his exact level of strength.

If it's at his highest level, Hulk and Thor aren't doing squat.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

He fought SA Superman and the latter said that he had the potential strength and stamina to keep fighting for days.

Considering his feats, like most SA characters, are pretty inconsistent, it's hard to pin down his exact level of strength.

How well did he do against SA Superman?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta said:
@takenstew22 said:

How well did he do against SA Superman?

Fought pretty well, took his best blows from him and was barely hurt if I remember correctly. Sliver Age Adam has barely any appearances surprisingly so he doesn't have much.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By baph

BA's only feats are scaling to inconsistent characters(aside from CM) he either gets BFR'd and TP'd, or pulls a Superman out of his ass and stomps the Team.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos won't be stupid enough to brawl with a character at SA Supermans level, if Adam has tp and molecular manipulation resistance feats he gets bfred like Gladiator

Thanos solos

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@captainsweatpan said:

Thanos won't be stupid enough to brawl with a character at SA Supermans level,

Thanos doesn't know Adam's power level though, why would he not try to use his strength first as he does in most of his fights

if Adam has tp and molecular manipulation resistance feats he gets bfred like Gladiator

Comparing Gladiator of all people to Sliver Age dudes is like comparing gold to vomit and saying they are the same in quality

Thanos solos

Idk if it is as simple as that

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hellespont

@diarrhearegatta: I’m on handheld so I can’t quote but I’m responding to post #10.

Thanos would know Black Adam’s powerset via telepathy and would then use either telepathic or molecular attacks to KO BA.

And on the Gladiator comparison, @captainsweatpan isn’t trying to say that Gladiator = Black Adam, but rather that he would get BFRd in the same way if he has no counter for it.

Also, I think Thanos can take this unless BA has some quality showings against SA Superman and blitzes in character.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I’m on handheld so I can’t quote but I’m responding to post #10.

Thanos would know Black Adam’s powerset via telepathy and would then use either telepathic or molecular attacks to KO BA.

Give me one fight (or two even) where Thanos has used his telepathy in such a manner. He very rarely pulls that out in fights where he has no idea who he is facing.

And on the Gladiator comparison, @captainsweatpan isn’t trying to say that Gladiator = Black Adam, but rather that he would get BFRd in the same way if he has no counter for it.

A apt defence, but the comparison is as asinine as it was.

Also, I think Thanos can take this unless BA has some quality showings against SA Superman

He faced SA Captain Marvel and him at the same time, took his best blows (as stated by himself) with little trouble, and was later stated to be capable of brawling with him for days. Read the comic if you don't believe me.

and blitzes in character.

Not sure why this is relevant here considering Thanos isn't exactly the fastest foe around and the argument was never made that he would do that

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: 1. Again I’m on handheld so I can’t post scans, but off the top of my head Thanos has used TP to mind control Hulk, to paralyze Drax, to combat Galactus on the astral plane (I believe moon dragon was involved here as well tho), he’s enter Annihilus’ mind, etc. etc. It’s not always his first play, but it’s notable for the battle that if at any time Thanos wants to TP his opponent, he can.

2. Don’t see what’s wrong with the comparison, because he wasn’t even comparing the characters, just simply stating that he can use the same power on the two characters bc of their lack of defense for it.

3. I do believe you, I am not well versed enough on SA Captain Marvel or BA to know how relevant that is though.

4. I think blitzing is important Bc if BA has sufficient power to take out Thanos before he can use his Hax then he can win. Otherwise Thanos has a plethora of powers (TP, BFR, Molecule manipulation) to create an easy victory.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@hellespont said:

@diarrhearegatta: 1. Again I’m on handheld so I can’t post scans, but off the top of my head Thanos has used TP to mind control Hulk, to paralyze Drax, to combat Galactus on the astral plane (I believe moon dragon was involved here as well tho), he’s enter Annihilus’ mind, etc. etc. It’s not always his first play, but it’s notable for the battle that if at any time Thanos wants to TP his opponent, he can.

That's two active fights where Thanos pulled off his TP to do something in combat (the third being a prep based attack on Galactus and wasn't done by himself) However, I asked for examples of him using it to gain knowledge about a foe (as you stated he would do) which none of them apply. My point stands.

2. Don’t see what’s wrong with the comparison, because he wasn’t even comparing the characters, just simply stating that he can use the same power on the two characters bc of their lack of defense for it.

Cool.

3. I do believe you, I am not well versed enough on SA Captain Marvel or BA to know how relevant that is though.

Do some reading then. SA Captain Marvel is MFTL at best and can fight SA Superman well for all that is worth. Even if the characters are inconsistent, basing them at least around this level is enough.

4. I think blitzing is important Bc if BA has sufficient power to take out Thanos before he can use his Hax then he can win. Otherwise Thanos has a plethora of powers (TP, BFR, Molecule manipulation) to create an easy victory.

He barely uses TP (as already stated) Molecule Manipulation is something that also never comes up either, with his best RT stating only one example of him manipulating matter, which is laughable as a suggested tactic to win. That's like arguing Martian Manhunter's "Martian Heart" power is consistent in combat.

BFR, as stated, is also a plan that requires Thanos to, you know, know that Adam is a big enough threat to be defeated not by physical means.

Adam is bloodlusted, which means that he'll be fighting at his best, and frankly, if he hits Thanos as hard as he was with SA Superman, he's not going to survive

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: The two instances I mentioned are even better than him scanning his opponents mind... they’re instant oneshots whenever Thanos wants to drop Black Adam given he has no counter for it that I have seen.

What striking feats does BA have other than loosely scaling him to SA Superman? Because Thanos damage soak is ridiculously high and he has a significant healing factor.

Like I said, if BA blitzes and has sufficient feats to show he can kill Thanos quickly, he wins. But if he doesn’t kill him with his initial blitz, Thanos will know how much of a threat he is and proceed to oneshot Black Adam with the powers I’ve previously mentioned.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BA shoves both Thor and Hulk's heads into Thanos ass at the same time.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@hellespont said:

@diarrhearegatta: The two instances I mentioned are even better than him scanning his opponents mind... they’re instant oneshots whenever Thanos wants to drop Black Adam given he has no counter for it that I have seen.

And yet, there's not any examples of him using it like you said he would. Now you change your tune and say it'll take him out in one shot, regardless of the fact that he barely pulls it out without knowledge behind him.

What striking feats does BA have other than loosely scaling him to SA Superman? Because Thanos damage soak is ridiculously high and he has a significant healing factor.

Sliver Age BA hasn't got many Pre Crisis feats to share out. His battle with SA Superman and Captain Marvel is very likely his most significant showing.

Like I said, if BA blitzes and has sufficient feats to show he can kill Thanos quickly, he wins.

He hits harder than anything else Thanos has faced in the past and the latter isn't prepared for strikes on his level

But if he doesn’t kill him with his initial blitz,

Likely to happen

Thanos will know how much of a threat he is and proceed to oneshot Black Adam with the powers I’ve previously mentioned.

That's literally never happened in any of his fights (he stays with brawling and energy attacks as much as he can) and I've already covered how inconsistent and OOC those attacks are.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hellespont

@diarrhearegatta: I’m aware I changed my stance... I changed because I believe your correct once that Thanos will need to experience Black Adam’s power first hand before he brings out his hax powers. However I haven’t been swayed enough to think that BA can take out Thanos before he opts for better options.

And “literally never happened”.... that’s simply false, I’ve already named instances Thanos has used telepathic attacks, another user has cited his use of BFR, etc. sure he doesn’t use those powers often, but when he gets hit by someone that you yourself stated is stronger than anyone he’s faced before, I don’t see why he wouldn’t fall back on his other powers.

I think we can agree to disagree here, we’re kinda debating in circles here.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I’m aware I changed my stance... I changed because I believe your correct once that Thanos will need to experience Black Adam’s power first hand before he brings out his hax powers. However I haven’t been swayed enough to think that BA can take out Thanos before he opts for better options.

I'd advise you to read on his showings and study up then.

And “literally never happened”.... that’s simply false, I’ve already named instances Thanos has used telepathic attacks,

I meant Thanos has never gotten his butt kicked and then chosen to use his telepathy, or use matter manipulation (which, again, he's only used once offensively) he's used BFR a few times but it's not a go to move for him

another user has cited his use of BFR, etc.

In a pretty rubbish comparison, yeah

sure he doesn’t use those powers often, but when he gets hit by someone that you yourself stated is stronger than anyone he’s faced before, I don’t see why he wouldn’t fall back on his other powers.

Because they aren't consistent with his character, he's used them in the single digits in dozens of fights and has never even considered dropping them in many fights where they would be really useful?

I think we can agree to disagree here, we’re kinda debating in circles here.

Cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should win fairly easy

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should win fairly easy

You read Sliver Age stuff?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: not nessesarly ive looked on many SA superman RT and battle threads with him ive tries like crazy to research SA Black Adam and I know Fate was a beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I personally believe thor to roughly on the same level as supes but thanos bullies thor I believe Hulk doesnt have a place here and I think Adam will get overwhelmed by the other to

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: ok two things one your link didnt work

And secondly I apologize SA Supes was certainly a beast adam beating basically 2 is a legit feat they probably won't mop the floor with him but I'll side with team 1 for reasons I said above

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@y3kthunder said:

@diarrhearegatta: ok two things one your link didnt work

It does, actually. You just click the first link that pops up.

And secondly I apologize SA Supes was certainly a beast adam beating basically 2 is a legit feat they probably won't mop the floor with him but I'll side with team 1 for reasons I said above

So Thor's stronger than SA Supes then? Interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: no it wasn't working I had to type it up in Google.

And no I didn't say he was stronger but he is very comparable although him reversing the world tree> superman dragging that line of planets

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

@diarrhearegatta: thanos will fight Adam then when he realises he's getting stomped he bfrs, attempts tp or molecular manipulation

I'm not comparing Glads to Black Adam, I'm just giving you a scenario when someone was speeding into Thanos and they got bfred

So yeah, Thanos solos, it might not be easy but he does, being a simple fast brick isn't enough to beat Thanos, even if you're at Silver Age levels

This fight will end like Thanos vs Thor with the Power Gem if Adam is resistant to tp or molecular manipulation

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1b55b9aec46
deactivated-5d1b55b9aec46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos edges it.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Team wins with a stomp due to the fact that there is no such thing as a Silver Age Black Adam.

After the Golden Age to the best of my recollection BA's first appearance was DCs collector edition #58 in may 1978.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/All-New_Collectors%27_Edition_Vol_1_C-58

That was the same month the story of DC Comics presents 33 hit stands which had Mxy exchange Superman and Capt Marvel (they had each others powers and costume). The othe issue of DC comics presents featured in the OP whith BA vs Supes and Cap was issue 49 from 1982 (only a couple of years before COIE)

The Silver Age is 1955 to 1970. BA first reappeared well into the Bronze Age.

Bronze age Superman was nowhere near as powerful as SA, in fact hes about the level of Nu52 Supes. In that story BA and him traded blows and supes retreated to protect innocents from collateral danage (promising not to attack him in the city). He then went to the temple where BA had been brought from earth Shazam and by deflecting sunlight onnthe name of Cap Marvel brought him to E1. Cap attacked BA holding back (he stated so) so that BA would chase him into the air away from innocents where he and Superman made short work of him.

Given that a team of 2 with physicals on the same level as all 3 here made short work of Bronze Age BA bronze age would loose also

Golden age would be another story since GA Cap was as powerful (if not more so) as SA Superman. The whole reason Supes powers got increased was to compete with the nore powerful characyer from Fawcett comics who was outselling National Publications stalwart character. (Whiz comics actually cracked sales over a million units per issue)

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more?

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he is at his highest level he punches their heads off one by one.

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Archangel01

@kalkent: yeah, i like silver age powerhouses

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more?

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam Bodies.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t argue with beatboks, team wins

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age Black Adam is someone I haven't read much up on, so I'm going to find his comics and give my answer to this fight later. But this is interesting.

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Archangel01

@chaoselement: hmm interesting, he is massively outclassed in physical strenght,durability and speed though.

Silver Age Adam was more than a match for Silver Age Superman who can easily destroy this trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: hmm interesting, he is massively outclassed in physical strenght,durability and speed though.

Silver Age Adam was more than a match for Silver Age Superman who can easily destroy this trio

Thanos is a casual planet buster.

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Archangel01

@chaoselement: Well thats nice but this feat is still massively irrevalant compared to silver age power levels,

Silver age Billy and Freddy together was able to move a galaxy far bigger than ours using their strenght alone in MFTL speeds....(Literally dragging entire galaxy away from danger)

So i dont think a massively weaker character like Thanos can hurt a being like SA Adam using streght ,though he maybe able to affect him using his TP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement: Well thats nice but this feat is still massively irrevalant compared to silver age power levels,

Silver age Billy and Freddy together was able to move a galaxy far bigger than ours using their strenght alone in MFTL speeds....(Literally dragging entire galaxy away from danger)

So i dont think a massively weaker character like Thanos can hurt a being like SA Adam using streght ,though he maybe able to affect him using his TP.

How is Thanos weaker tho?