User Lists: 0

Thanos.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

W/O the gauntlet, Thanos can't really kill him. It depends on whether or not the fight is until KO or death.

Mr_Shazam0920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

W/O the gauntlet, Thanos can't really kill him. It depends on whether or not the fight is until KO or death.

Thanos can very easily destroy the planet though. Swamp's connection to the earth is rather obvious especially for someone as smart as thanos.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: I agree, he can easily destroy a planet, but that's not enough to put Swamp Thing down, permanently (kill him, basically).

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos eats his salad

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos or stalemate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos brings a bottle of ranch dressing and a fork.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Thanos planet-busts he wins

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don’t really think anyone below Superman Prime level can kill Thanos. So if you say Thanos can’t kill Sawmp Thing then there is no way Swamp Thing can kill Thanos either and he also wouldn’t ko him(Thanos) either considering something like this can’t.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby:

I don’t really think anyone below Superman Prime level can kill Thanos

Well, this depends on your interpretation of Prime's power level and destructive capability, since I've seen people argue much about his power level.

Those scans are from Infinity Conflict, right? I don't think it's fair to pit ST against that version of Thanos, I assumed we're talking about base 616 Thanos. I am not sure on ST KOing Thanos, since his physical power varies, but in order to truly kill him(ST), you'd have to destroy every plant in every universe, throughout the infinite Multiverse and then he'll be permanently put down. Unless, we're talking about the newer version. So in a fight until death, Thanos would have to have multiversal attack potency in order to contest with Swamp Thing. Otherwise, in a fight until BFR or KO, Thanos would have much bigger chances of winning via BFR. Or even KO, if his attack is strong enough, that is.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

this is getting interesting

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chad_Duby

@soratoumiga: For me he should be around Myx level, a low end one.

Yes they are from Infinity Conflict. Well, to my understanding, that is 616 current base Thanos. That was him before his quest on becoming everything. If we are examining his current feats I don’t think he could ever hope to look Thanos.

As for your swamp thing part I completely agree with it.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Soratoumiga

@chad_duby:

For me he should be around Myx level, a low end one.

Are you for real? Lol, Mxy would blink him out of existence, and that would put Thanos at Mxy level, which without his artifacts, is nowhere near.

I don't think he's 616... He should be above 616, according to current feats of Thanos, but either way, we can't just ignore Thanos' pre-Regulator feats like losing to Odin, Galactus etc.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga: Yes for real. As I ended up my sentence with a “low end” one.

No he wouldn’t blink him out of existence. When 99% of his power was taken away he had his ass handed to prime and even after he regained it back he still was freaked out.

How does that put Thanos with or without his artifacts close to Myx level? I simply said people around Superman Prime level should be able to destroy Thanos, meaning I was implying that Thanos is several tiers weaker than prime.

Ok that is fair enough. But the story does indicate he is 616 Thanos.

Sure, but the feats you mentioned had been printed far before this story and Thanos wasn’t as powerful as he currently is so it is most fair to use current feats if your character has somewhat changed. Thanos’s instance with Odin was also showcased by the same writer who writes his current arc.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby:

No he wouldn’t blink him out of existence. When 99% of his power was taken away he had his ass handed to prime and even after he regained it back he still was freaked out.

As you said, Mxy, during that event, was terribly depowered, and even so, it was PIS and ridiculously strong Prime's plot armour. On a consistent basis, Prime can't even touch Mxy who casually toys with Spectre, pulls universes out of his hat, or something like that, and lives in a dimension beyond Prime's comprehension.

How does that put Thanos with or without his artifacts close to Myx level? I simply said people around Superman Prime level should be able to destroy Thanos, meaning I was implying that Thanos is several tiers weaker than prime.

Okay, I misunderstood, I thought you said Prime is the weakest character that can beat Thanos.

Sure, but the feats you mentioned had been printed far before this story and Thanos wasn’t as powerful as he currently is so it is most fair to use current feats if your character has somewhat changed. Thanos’s instance with Odin was also showcased by the same writer who writes his current arc.

Imo, we should wait for the story to be finished to get the full picture on Thanos' current power level, because this seems way too inconsistent and full of WIS. Plus, he needed some things as well to absorb those entities in Infinity Conflict so...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best that swamp thing can hope for here is a stalemate.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chad_Duby

@soratoumiga: The dude broke into 5th dimension twice, didn’t he? They weren’t too far in terms of dimensions unless even 1% of his power would shitstomp prime.

As I said earlier, a low end Myx is equal to a high end Prime.

Never mind.

In the end of the story it would b eharder to gauge Thanos’s power because currently he is all entities and in the end of the story he is gonna be more weird and complicated than he is right now. The Thanos I presented to you was a Thanos before he obtained all of those powers. His current actual power. Thanos was getting the Regulator and he had to go through its defensive system which, according to the LT, is lethal to the likes of Galactus and Eternity. And as he said, Adam and Thanos wouldn’t be destroyed by that mean anymore.

Not only was his immortality super impressive, but the fact that a merciless punishment like that only destroyed him in cellular level and also took sometime to skin him was also impressive. As Lt said, it is lethal to the like of Eternity.

This is what Eternity is in Stalin’s interpretation.

You probably have to erase an entire space and time continum or more if you want to annihilate Eternity and the same attack taken to kill him only skinned Thanos.

After he brought the Regulator back, he simply said that the one who set up the trap didn’t know beings like Thanos(suggesting he is powerful).

Also, recently, he resisted the consumption of Hunger.

This should give you an idea of how Thanos really is in the eyes of his creator.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Soratoumiga

@chad_duby:

As I said earlier, a low end Myx is equal to a high end Prime.

Yeah, I can somewhat agree with this.

Thanos was getting the Regulator and he had to go through its defensive system which, according to the LT, is lethal to the likes of Galactus and Eternity.

I thought he only had gone through that system after receiving some amps, his base forms isn't even comparable to Eternity, and he has already admitted he is Galactus' far inferior, so it wouldn't make sense for his regular power to be on such a high Abstract level.

You probably have to erase an entire space and time continum or more if you want to annihilate Eternity and the same attack only skinned Thanos.

Completely positive that this would be an outlier. Thanos w/ IG wasn't sure if he was gonna take out Eternity, and him w/ Cosmic Cube, was proven to be inferior to Eternity. Suddenly his standard form is a match, and questionably superior?

Yeah, I guess the writer him/herself wanted to make Thanos look stronger, more powerful and "important" through this storyline, but I'm sure that there is a lot of context involved. FOR NOW, my opinion on the battle would be:

• W/ BFR - Toss-up between the two of them
  • KO - Thanos for a 7-7.5/10 majority
  • Until Death - Swamp Thing 10/10 (Against standard Thanos)

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chad_Duby

@soratoumiga: ?

It is depending on what you would consider an amp to him. If several ressurctions and intentional deaths are also amps in your view point that then you can consider this an amped Thanos. I am not denying that he is still currently far inferior to Etenith(even Galactus would shitstomp him). He would never achieve Eternity‘s regular feats that he can accomplish during his sleep, but what he really has is his resistance, immunity and endurance, which can be called in a concluded form protection. He is protected from many many things as Death rejected him. That is if we ignore other amps(Zen kai). He is nowhere near Galactus in my opinion and probably never will without amps but he is somewhat immune to the point where abstract deaths would be less than the mean that will take to destroy him.

I wasn’t sure if Thanos ever stated he might have a problem in case to defeat Eternity using the Ig. But even if he was it still didn’t mean much because he even avoided the Hulk and the confrontation between Thanos and Eternity already proved that his claim(if he actually made it) was a complete misunderstanding and a legitimate bullshit, because IG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> abstracts, excluding LT.

I also don’t know when it was proven that Thanos with C cube was somehow inferior to Eternity. But the thing is I am not actually trying to say Thanos >>>> Eternity but his immunity is above average abstract‘s.

To death. Stalemate.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: Pretty sure Swamp Thing is a higher dimensional being (with all of his powers), so he could easily reality warp Thanos and kill him. Don't think it would be a stalemate.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga: Well you said a KO fight between him and Thanos would end up in Thanos’s favor. Unless it was GOD Swamp Thing he can’t do that.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos kills the entire planet to finish him off.

Cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Green" which is what Swamp-Thing is actually connected to is universal AFAIK. Stalemate. Planets will be busted but Thanos may very well be too drained to bust everything related to "The Green". And Swamp-Thing packs a punch.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am not the biggest fan of thanos he is greatly overrated but he should win this easily enough.

ValBr111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos by KO. Not by death tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos planetbusts

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would win. Now if this was God Swamp Thing... Thanos would get stomped.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos IMO.

ValBr111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers