random encounter, who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Amendment50 (14773 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve.

#3 Posted by Thatoneguy887 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap...

#4 Edited by Marishtar (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the starting distance, but likely Azula.

#5 Posted by katrurius17 (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula, Cap's shield is too small.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#6 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap throws shield. He wins.

#7 Edited by gunchar16 (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula dodges shield, burns Cap and wins.

#8 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (770 posts) - - Show Bio

If Azula plays it smart, keeps her distance and avoids Captain America's tries should she be able to edge it out. Shield throws are a problem, but she should be able to aim dodge.

#9 Posted by dami24434 (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

cap stomps. only her lightning can hurt cap but shield would make it mute,fire is nothing.tbh cap stomps azula ,he is too fast,strong, durable and skilled.

#10 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomp in Azula's favor.

#12 Posted by Tony_Shark (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I would have said Azula

but then I remembered that time 616 Cap was surrounded in the Helicarrier, beat up like 20 Shield soilders while blocking their bullets, jumped out the window, and landed on a fighter jet. That's just ridiculous.

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically, Azula does stomp, but I'm voting Cap now in honor of Stan Lee.

#14 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@tony_shark: If you’re referring to Civil War, they used tranquilizers, not bullets. Still pretty impressive though.

On topic, since they start close, Steve dominates. The issue for Avatar vs comics threads, is benders excel at a distance, not up close. Just look at how Ty Lee fairs. She takes apart benders pretty easily when she gets up in their faces. And she gets stomped by any street level character worth their salt.

#15 Edited by Amendment50 (14773 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Well technically Stan Lee didn't create Captain America :P

It's okay though because Azula loses anyway

#16 Edited by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

@amendment50:

He still created Marvel, or large part of it.

Also, smh.

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (33865 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve, no real difficulty.

#18 Posted by Marishtar (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the starting distance, but likely Azula.

Could the OP please clarify starting distance?

#19 Edited by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven said:

On topic, since they start close, Steve dominates.

Where did you see that?

The issue for Avatar vs comics threads, is benders excel at a distance, not up close. Just look at how Ty Lee fairs. She takes apart benders pretty easily when she gets up in their faces. And she gets stomped by any street level character worth their salt.

That a pretty bad argument in Azula's case tbh(but to be fair it's indeed true for many other benders), the last time Suki and Ty Lee(hell she even attacked a by Suki distracted Azula from behind) together got up to her face ended that not very successfully for them both(and Kemurikage Azula was even holding back):

No Caption Provided

On topic: If they don't literally start face on face has Azula enough possibilities to keep and increase the distance and wear Cap down, his shield doesn't cover his whole body, he is not bloodlusted and Azula has a massive versatility advantage(all kinds of fire + lightning attacks, fire amps and weapons for CQC, fire shields, jet propulsion, etc...)

Avatar image for crimson-feather
#20 Edited by Crimson-Feather (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Azula, she seems to have all the abilities she needs to beat someone like Captain America. But it should be an awesome fight.

#21 Posted by Cognitive (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap decapitates that crazy bi*ch.

#22 Edited by MorbusGrav (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals would i give it easily Steve based on his high end feats, but Kemurikage Azula gains the edge in a random encounter if the start distance is more than 10 feet.

#23 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: Battle forum rules state they start close if no starting distance is given.

Steve possesses greater speed and martial arts skills than either of the Kyoshi warriors, as well as a greater weapon with his shield. Azula isn’t gonna be able to slap him around the way she did to Suki and Ty Lee.

#24 Posted by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven:

Battle forum rules state they start close if no starting distance is given.

Hmmm i couldn't find that rule, about how many ft/metres are we talking here?

Steve possesses greater speed and martial arts skills than either of the Kyoshi warriors, as well as a greater weapon with his shield. Azula isn’t gonna be able to slap him around the way she did to Suki and Ty Lee.

I think you missunderstood me, that was just in reference to you saying Ty Lee takes benders apart up close. In a serious fight with Cap would she clearly not try to slap him(especially not without fire amp/weapon) but just jet away(what she also did right after she slapped Ty Lee as the rest of the Gaang and palace guards came) instead.

#25 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: Starting distance is 10 ft per forum rules.

I didn’t mean in her fight against Azula specifically, just benders in general. Ty Lee has jumped into huge groups and taken aparts multiple benders without any of them doing anything. Azula used her jets because she was going to get overwhelmed, not because it would be something she’d do in a 1v1. By the time she makes any sort of realization that she needs to make any sort of space to win, Steve will have put her down. He hits too hard, is too fast, and she doesn’t have a way to cope with anything he does, especially if he throws his shield and has it ricochet. Distance is her friend, a friend she doesn’t have here.

#26 Posted by The_Magister (12891 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap due to Stan Lee.

#27 Edited by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven:

Starting distance is 10 ft per forum rules.

Hmmm interessting, i would still go with Azula in a very close fight.

I didn’t mean in her fight against Azula specifically, just benders in general. Ty Lee has jumped into huge groups and taken aparts multiple benders without any of them doing anything.

True but that would obviously not work with Azula, let alone a group of benders remotely close to Azula's lvl.

Azula used her jets because she was going to get overwhelmed, not because it would be something she’d do in a 1v1.

Kemurikage Azula was playing around and by no means serious there, Azula isn't stupid and uses range if she's in a serious fight.

By the time she makes any sort of realization that she needs to make any sort of space to win, Steve will have put her down.

I don't see why we would assume that Azula acts like a complete idiot in an unknow situation, she will see how impressive Cap is the moment he starts to move(hell Azula saw and analyzed a childhood disease of a girl by very shortly watching her playing volleyball and instantly thought about a strategy to use that to her + her teams advantage, that was in in a casual situation).

He hits too hard, is too fast, and she doesn’t have a way to cope with anything he does, especially if he throws his shield and has it ricochet.

Cap just instantly throwing his shield from such a close distance against some random girl seems not very likely or in character for him and his normal hits are not hard enough to put her down before she can bring some distance between them. Azula's versatility will allow her to cope with the most thinks Cap would do in such a situation.

Distance is her friend, a friend she doesn’t have here.

Azula has everything she need to change that, hell even without jets/surfing can she easily jump countless ft away and her rock solid fire shield can help against some normal shield attacks. 10ft is hard on the line but still just enough for Azula(not for many other benders though) imo.

#28 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula because of her versatilty, range, firepower and Steve not going all out from the start in a random encounter without being blood lusted.

#29 Posted by Floopay (10729 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a cool fight.

I think starting distance and environment pretty much decide this fight. Close quarters I'd back Cap. Or even an environment that gave him lots of cover. But distance and open fighting space give Azula an advantage. However, I don't think in either scenario it will be a huge advantage or majority victory for anyone.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#30 Posted by Eeef (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap throws his shield, in doing so incapacitates her neck.

#31 Posted by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@eeef said:

Cap throws his shield, in doing so incapacitates her neck.

That's bull.

#33 Posted by CyberpunkCop (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#34 Posted by Eeef (1752 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@eeef said:

@itachus17: Care to elaborate then.

Cap wouldn't instantly throw his shield at a random teen girl while in character, let alone at short distance or in combo with trying to instantly kill her.

#36 Posted by Amendment50 (14773 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see how you could consider this remotely close at close range.

#37 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula can just fly away and murder Steve from long range if you guys think hand to hand is such a big deal.

#38 Posted by Marishtar (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

This is a cool fight.

I think starting distance and environment pretty much decide this fight. Close quarters I'd back Cap. Or even an environment that gave him lots of cover. But distance and open fighting space give Azula an advantage. However, I don't think in either scenario it will be a huge advantage or majority victory for anyone.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That basically summarizes what i'm thinking and i would still like to get an explicit starting distance from the OP.

#39 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: By the time her brain starts to process Steve, he’s already on top of her beating her down. 10 feet might as well be face to face for someone like Steve. She’s not going to know he’s inpressive at first glance either, there are plenty of guys with builds like Steve’s in Avatar, so there’s no reason for her to believe he’s as powerful as he is.

He’s not going to lead with a shield throw, but it’s something he can easily do in the middle of combat to keep her off balance, or give him an easy way to KO her when she’s distracted (assuming he doesn’t put her down immediately). Steve without trying all that much has hit people hard enough to launch them a couple dozen feet and deform a lamp post. That’s without his shield. She’s not taking multiple hits with that kind of power in quick succession.

Azula would need her jets to get away from Steve, because he’s physically more impressive than her. Any leap she makes, he can easily match. She won’t get the chance to use any of her versatility. She’ll more than likely try to use close quarters bending and regular martial arts to lead the fight off, where he ends up dismantling her.

#40 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: She wouldn’t get the chance, that’s the thing

#41 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: I question Rogers even having a combat speed advantage at all. Dancing around Ty Lee and Suki and outreacting them like that, 2 people that can litteraly blitz arrow timers, is more than enough combat speed to keep up with someone like Cap, whose upper limit is bullet timing (which is reactions anyway). There's not a single way she won't get the chance to open distance if she feels the need to.

#42 Posted by Stormdriven (17224 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Steve has evenly foughts guys who are bullet timers, so I don’t see why that makes her comparable to Steve. And bullet timing isn’t an upper limit thing either, he does it almost casually. He’s even outpaced bullets to their destination on more than one occasion. There’s really nothing she’s gonna be able to do when he closes that distances and hits her.

#43 Edited by ANTHP2000 (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: So completely outpacing and outreacting 2 people that can outright blitz casual arrow timers is not enough to keep up with a bullet timer? I didsgree. You're acting as if she can't react to him.

#44 Posted by Itachus17 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven:

By the time her brain starts to process Steve, he’s already on top of her beating her down. 10 feet might as well be face to face for someone like Steve.

Cap can't remotely run that fast by consistent feats.

She’s not going to know he’s inpressive at first glance either, there are plenty of guys with builds like Steve’s in Avatar, so there’s no reason for her to believe he’s as powerful as he is.

She will see his movement and know it then, i'm not talking about his appearance.

He’s not going to lead with a shield throw, but it’s something he can easily do in the middle of combat to keep her off balance, or give him an easy way to KO her when she’s distracted (assuming he doesn’t put her down immediately).

Azula has way more possibilities and could even counter normal throws with her rock solid fireshield.

Steve without trying all that much has hit people hard enough to launch them a couple dozen feet and deform a lamp post. That’s without his shield.

Zuko can do such things as well:

This casual Bruce Lee style push for example:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111311636/6288925-capturelyfstyutdefg-iloveimg-compressed.gif

or this kick:

No Caption Provided

etc...

And that was without fire amps, Azula herself has the best fire amped striking feats:

that was a fire amped kick to a freaking volleyball

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11131/111311636/6306316-capture9-iloveimg-resized%281%29-iloveimg-compressed.gif

And she also already tanked enough:

Like a huge and fast shockwave pretty much point blank(Cap can't create more force than that just with his hits):

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111311636/6290990-5a88c0ec27b67385624922-iloveimg-resized-iloveimg-compressed.gif

and she clearly tanked it as we could see afterwards:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111311636/6290995-capture14-iloveimg-resized.gif

Or a point blank explosion:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111311636/6290997-capture54-iloveimg-compressed.gif

clearly tanked it again:

No Caption Provided

etc...

Azula would need her jets to get away from Steve, because he’s physically more impressive than her.

And would most likely use them, so where is the problem?

Any leap she makes, he can easily match.

Since when makes Cap huge leaps in combat?

She won’t get the chance to use any of her versatility. She’ll more than likely try to use close quarters bending and regular martial arts to lead the fight off, where he ends up dismantling her.

Why exactly would Azula fight like a complete idiot, she just did that as she knew she could easily deal with her opponents in CQC(and would clearly see that's a bad idea with Cap)?

#45 Posted by King-Ragnar (2859 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogers, with relative ease. Faster, stronger, faster and laughably more skilled.

#46 Posted by biswaboxz (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogers, with relative ease. Faster, stronger, faster and laughably more skilled.

#47 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula in a good fight, she gets drastically underestimated and Rogers drastically overestimated in this thread. Just because Roger would win in a pure hand to hand fight doesn't mean we can just ignore his heavy disadvantages in several categories.

Azula would overwhelm him with superior fire power, mobility, versatility, heavy range and control advantages and her lack of morals in contrary to him.

#48 Edited by Voice_of_Death (569 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people here are acting like she'd just stand there and allow cap to pummel her. Azula is no idiot in combat, and it won't take her long to analyze the situation. While cap is admittedly superior to azula in close quarters. Azula isn't stupid to the point where she'd engage someone clearly superior in that regard. She'd use any visible advantage she can get, and cap in-character wouldn't go all out on a teenage girl. Cap up-close is too much of a threat for her, and azula should notice that in time to act. This isn't a clear victory for anyone, but azula isn't fodder to where she'd get stomped by captain america.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#49 Posted by immoralimmortal (371 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar: i'd like to have them pretty close, so let's say starting distance 15 ft apart

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#50 Edited by hurricanefunnel (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

voted for cap but azula barely takes this one based on blast radius