Civil War Union Soldiers (500,000 troops)
Modern era US Soldiers & Marines (500 troops)
- Both sides are morals off.
- 24 hours prep for CW troops. They also have excellent teamwork and full knowledge of the modern-era troops. On the other hand, the modern-era US troops have excellent teamwork too, but get no prep or prior knowledge of the CW troops.
- The battle takes place in a 70-mile zone of semi-dense forest. Both sides begin 150 meters apart. The CW troops start with the high ground, and the modern-era troops are obviously aware of this.
- No tactical nukes, aircraft/air support, tanks, or armored vehicles of any kind for the modern-era soldiers & marines. Besides the aforementioned, they are fully equipped with all standard infantry & artillery weapons/pieces. However, if and when the modern-era troops kill/capture 50% of the CW soldiers, they can't use any more artillery pieces whatsoever.
- Both sides are given unlimited ammo, but the modern-era troops must reload their weapons.
- One side wins when everyone on the other side is killed or captured. The modern-era troops are allowed to tactically retreat (if needed) as much as they need to, but must stay within the 70 mile combat zone.
Which side wins and why?