50 Megaton Nukes dropped in Wakanda When Thanos has just arrived

• 62 results
Tjakrabirawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll 50 Megaton Nukes dropped in Wakanda When Thanos has just arrived (70 votes)

They all cease to exist 43%
Some are dead but tough ones survive/no-sells it 7%
Only Thor and Thanos survive 19%
Thanos erases the Nuke out of existence 20%
Everyone tanks it/All Unscathed 0%
Only Thor will survive he already tanked a Neutron Star Beams this is just like walk in the park 4%
Majority are dead, some badly/severely injured 4%
Majority are gravely wounded, some are slightly injured 3%

Just like in Avengers 1 they decided to Nuke Wakanda

Thanos, Steve's group, Thor, Wakanda Army even GoTG and even Tony's group are there

No Caption Provided

• 
DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all die, none of them have the feats to suggest they can withstand 150,000,000 degree's Fahrenheit.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies besides Thor and Thanos in theory

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They all die, period.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is gone since all of them has poor done durability

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsososorry:

A Neutron Star in real life is only hotter than that temperature of the first years of its life then it cools down substantially. However not only is the star in IW absolutely older than the ~5 years it takes for its temperature to decrease it is literally nothing like a Neutron Star. The star in the movie is much smaller than an actual Neutron Star, it lacks the gravity of an actual Neutron Star, and it can be turned on and off unlike any star in real life, the only reason people call it a Neutron Star is because that’s what the dwarf said, it is nothing like an actual Neutron Star which everyone bases there calculations on including you and therefore since it is nothing like the real thing it is completely inaccurate to use it’s real life counterpart to determine anything about this Star.

Not only is all that true, BUT this feat is a VAST outlier for Thor as a character. Thor has been damaged and taken down by FAR FAR FAR less than the “full force of a Star”.

shadyxv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait does this imply the bomb is fired beyond wakanda shield or inside it? Cuz if it's coming from outside then everyone lives... I'm pretty sure the shield can hold up to a nuke.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dre_Savage

@shadyxv:

Nah, those shields aren’t withstanding that many nukes at all. The shields were being slightly breached by Thanos’ beasts. The nuke definitely makes it through the shields.

With that said, Thor and his star feat is the only one that could potentially walk away. I’d add a second variable and say vibranium since it’s indestructible, so anything covered in it completely (buildings/Black Panther) should be as well. It sounds a bit far fetched, but I don’t recall anything EXCEPT vibranium getting through vibranium. Then again, there’s the air being deadly after the blast, and nothing says T’Challa’s suit has a filter of sorts for the air supply. So even if the vibranium tanked the blast, he’d die from inhaling all that poisonous air.

Thanos walking away is implied, but not proven. I don’t recall him tanking anything with that kind of force to suggest he’d walk away.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsososorry:

"a neutron Star is hotter than that"

I think you'll find the average Neutron Star has a temperature of 600,000 kelvin or 1,079,540 Fahrenheit. About 150 times less than a Necular Bomb. Thor isn't surviving.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Thanos might be able to use Reality Stone to save himself and his minions.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all die casually.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time Stone, Reality Stone, or Space Stone would save Thanos. Power Stone might be able to generate a field around him that would protect. It all relies on whether Thanos knows the nuclear bomb is coming or not.

shadyxv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage: didn't that shield tanked an incoming massive spaceship? I think it did...that shield can definitely take a nuke but as op never specificed how much i don't see it Tanking more than 5.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadyxv:

"didn't that shield tanked an incoming massive spaceship? I think it did...that shield can definitely take a nuke but as op never specificed how much i don't see it Tanking more than 5."

A 50 megaton Nuke is wayyyyyyyy beyond the force of the ship also...

"dropped in Wakanda When Thanos has just arrived"

Shield was down by then.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor survives. Everyone else dies.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

Tony's group certainly won't like this alternate ending.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor: Thats right in the center of the nuke and the temp is only for like a split second.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor: Thats right in the center of the nuke and the temp is only for like a split second.

Thor would not be able to survive a split second in the core of the sun.

TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: The core of the sun is several times less hot than the core of a nuke, so he probably could.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theserbianempire:

"Thats right in the center of the nuke and the temp is only for like a split second."

Correct, but a split second is more than enough when its at least 150 times the best heat resistance feat the Avengers/Thanos have displayed.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos uses the reality stone to erase 49,999,999 of the tons of the nuke before stopping the nuke in time and BFRing it to the middle of the Atlantic.

TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor: I agree, but would the core be large enough to engulf all of the avengers?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: The core of the sun is several times less hot than the core of a nuke, so he probably could.

I wonder what scientist measured the temperature of the core of the sun, and how he did it. Not saying they got it wrong, but... Yeah, it probably is wrong.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DivineVisitor

@theserbianempire:@buckwheat:

-theserbianempire

"I agree, but would the core be large enough to engulf all of the avengers?"

Admittedly im assuming the OP's intention is that the groups aren't on the outskirts of the explosion and that the nuke is intended to hit them directly. However if they're not all engulfed in the over 9km wide fireball an argument can be made for some of them, notably Thor and Thanos.

If Thor is far enough away from the epicenter an argument can be made that he may survive the heat and radiation aspect of the detonation.

If Thanos is outside of the fireball radius and far enough from the shock wave to react he should be able to stop things with the Time/Reality Stone.

I don't think anybody else has a chance.

-buckwheat

"I wonder what scientist measured the temperature of the core of the sun, and how he did it. Not saying they got it wrong, but... Yeah, it probably is wrong."

They used math ;)

Why would you assume it's probably wrong though?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reality stone...he just changes them to bubbles.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Laurus

@undefined: Thor sees a bright flash, and then feels a small tickling sensation. After the flash subsides he removes his hand which was sheltering his eyes. Nothing but rubble and a huge mushroom cloud can be seen for miles.

Then he flies away.

The Avengers theme plays as the credits roll.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... 50 megaton nukes as in 50 separate nukes with 1 mt of power or is it just a singe 50 mt nuke?

I could see Thor maybe surviving a single one megaton nuke, barely. He is not surviving a 50 mt nuke based off of his consistent feats.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rem

Thanos damn sure ain’t surviving. Thor might but I highly doubt it

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadyxv:

Yeah, the nukes are way more powerful than the ship’s crash. But like Divine said, if it’s post-shields, it’s even worse.

Thor, probably.

Thanos, in theory, but not by feats.

Black Panther MAY survive the blast, but not inhaling the gases after.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Thor survives. Everyone else dies.

Everyone dies besides Thor and Thanos in theory

@gokluma said:

Everyone is gone since all of them has poor done durability

Hulk survives

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gokluma

@kgb725:Still has no feats for the 50 megaton nukes

MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: never been shown to be even remotely that durable

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has many ways to survive this, it's just a question of whether he understands he can't just stand there and tank. Thor can (not necessarily will) survive with injuries (the degree is debatable imo).

Tjakrabirawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: in Civil War when asked Steve, Ross confirmed Hulk level is around 30 Megaton Nukes.

MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

@tjakrabirawa: bro hyperbole is a thing and that means nothing he was just proving a point Tony had no idea where the two most powerful Avengers on the planet were

Plus its not a feat

Going by that Superman is stronger than a planet

Dumb logic

Tjakrabirawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjakrabirawa: I mean it's up to you if you want to take statements literally

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deltahuman

Everyone gets obliterated.

A nuke is a very different thing compared to a Neutron Star beam. Not only is it much hotter, it has a blast wave and ionizing radiation accompanying it.

And 50 Megatons is huge, like really huge. It would cause 3rd degree burns to someone at 100 km range. The shockwave from the Tsar Bomba was felt 700 km in at Norway from all the way at Russia. Imagine the blast wave, the PSI at the epicentre. Nothing would survive it's epicentre.

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Beyonder97

Everyone gets obliterated.

A nuke is a very different thing compared to a Neutron Star beam. Not only is it much hotter, it has a blast wave and ionizing radiation accompanying it.

And 50 Megatons is huge, like really huge. It would cause 3rd degree burns to someone at 100 km range. The shockwave from the Tsar Bomba was felt 700 km in at Norway from all the way at Russia. Imagine the blast wave, the PSI at the epicentre. Nothing would survive it's epicentre.

No Caption Provided

This is what a 50MT nuke would do to new york

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Thanos survive jsit fine

Avatar image for theevolutionary
TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death for all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since Thor is planet level and Stormbreaker is universal so yeah Thor no sells it casually.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DivineVisitor

Had a wee thought experiment in order to make an estimate for Thor's heat resistance compared to that of humans based on what is capable of burning Thor.

In Infinity War it took the plasma produced by the Nidavellir Star 30-60 seconds to bring Thor to the brink of death and cover him in 3rd degree burns, the temperature of an Average Neutron Star is 600,000 Kelvin however can be as low as 100,000 Kelvin in the case of ancient Neutron Stars so i will use these temperatures as a basis for my comparison.

In this thought experiment i will also be pretending that Thor was exposed to the Star heat for 5 minutes rather than 30-60 seconds simply because it made my calculations a little easier.

If we were to make a comparison to that of Humans being burned by water and simply scale up the numbers we would get the following:

Assuming temperature of average Neutron Star at 600,000 Kelvin:

Human/Thor

300 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

120 Fahrenheit/600,000 Kelvin

30 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

130 Fahrenheit/650,000 Kelvin

6 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

140 Fahrenheit/700,000 Kelvin

2 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

150 Fahrenheit/750,000 Kelvin

Split second exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

180 Fahrenheit/900,000 Kelvin

6 hours exposure to cremate:

1400-2100 Fahrenheit/7,000,000-10,500,000 Kelvin

Split second exposure to vaporise:

6500 Fahrenheit/32,500,000 Kelvin

Which would bring the calculation in order to completely vaporize Thor to about 58,499,540 Fahrenheit (though killing him would happen at much lower temperatures).

Depending on the age of the Star however it could bring this number down to under 10,000,000 Fahrenheit for vaporization.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure the energy in a neutron star is country level

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By IchiNiSanji

@divinevisitor said:

Had a wee thought experiment in order to make an estimate for Thor's heat resistance compared to that of humans based on what is capable of burning Thor.

In Infinity War it took the plasma produced by the Nidavellir Star 30-60 seconds to bring Thor to the brink of death and cover him in 3rd degree burns, the temperature of an Average Neutron Star is 600,000 Kelvin however can be as low as 100,000 Kelvin in the case of ancient Neutron Stars so i will use these temperatures as a basis for my comparison.

In this thought experiment i will also be pretending that Thor was exposed to the Star heat for 5 minutes rather than 30-60 seconds simply because it made my calculations a little easier.

If we were to make a comparison to that of Humans being burned by water and simply scale up the numbers we would get the following:

Assuming temperature of average Neutron Star at 600,000 Kelvin:

Human/Thor

300 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

120 Fahrenheit/600,000 Kelvin

30 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

130 Fahrenheit/650,000 Kelvin

6 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

140 Fahrenheit/700,000 Kelvin

2 seconds exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

150 Fahrenheit/750,000 Kelvin

Split second exposure to give 3rd degree burns:

180 Fahrenheit/900,000 Kelvin

6 hours exposure to cremate:

1400-2100 Fahrenheit/7,000,000-10,500,000 Kelvin

Split second exposure to vaporise:

6500 Fahrenheit/32,500,000 Kelvin

Which would bring the calculation in order to completely vaporize Thor to about 58,499,540 Fahrenheit (though killing him would happen at much lower temperatures).

Depending on the age of the Star however it could bring this number down to under 10,000,000 Fahrenheit for vaporization.

I think you're confusing temperature for thermal energy or heat energy that can be transferred.

Temperature is nothing but the average kinetic energy of molecules. If the density of the substance is a lot higher, then even at a lower temperature, it would transfer far more energy.

For example the temperature of the thermosphere (layer of atmosphere), is upwards of 2000 degC, but you would freeze instead of boiling to death because there just are so few molecules so your body (and the space station), lose heat instead.

Density is taken into account in constants like Specific heat capacity and thermal conductivity.

You should find those constants for a neutron star (core, surface etc), calculate it based on formulas of heat transfer.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichinisanji:

"I think you're confusing temperature for thermal energy or heat energy that can be transferred.

Temperature is nothing but the average kinetic energy of molecules. If the density of the substance is a lot higher, then even at a lower temperature, it would transfer far more energy.

For example the temperature of the thermosphere (layer of atmosphere), is upwards of 2000 degC, but you would freeze instead of boiling to death because there just are so few molecules so your body (and the space station), lose heat instead.

Density is taken into account in constants like Specific heat capacity and thermal conductivity.

You should find those constants for a neutron star (core, surface etc), calculate it based on formulas of heat transfer."

I think i see what your saying, just figured that since Thor appears to be engulfed in plasma they'd be somewhat comparable.

But you're right, water and plasma have different densities and as such would transfer different levels of heat to matter they come into contact with. I'll try to do more research into it when I have the time.

GranPkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GranPkt

Thanos uses space stone to phase the nuke deep underground

or create a black hole to absorb the explosion

or he simply uses reality stone and turn the nuke into a popsicle...

Avatar image for paladinsisthebe
Paladinsisthebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets tickled 50 times.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers