40 K Space Marines or Halo Spartans

sgtnickrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sgtnickrage

They are type of super soldiers, the space marines seem stronger but the Halo troopers seem more flexible. I give the edge in weapons to the Space Marines.  

No Caption Provided

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I'd have to go with the Space Marines. Although we don't really know the full extent of what makes a Spartan better then his grunt counterpart, besides the armor.

Avatar image for invader_viceroy
Invader_Viceroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Invader_Viceroy

spartans all the way

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch

(sigh)

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dex_Starr

From what I hear Space Marines are like Spartans on crack.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Hohenheim_of_light: Yeah, Spartans are respectively badass. But Space Marines are at an entirely different level, as they are, after all, from the year 40,000. 
Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Aren't Space Marines genetically modified super soldiers? Don't they have two of every organ besides the brain and the heart?

In terms of flexibility, Space Marines are equipped to combat anything ranging from daemons, space hordes (orks+tyranids), undead machines and everything in between.

Avatar image for 343_guilty_spark
343_Guilty_Spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 343_Guilty_Spark

Guilty Spark does not approve -__-

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread, I'm bumping this for more attention.

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin: no it's not a good thread, it's spite, it's probably been done before too. Space marines outclass Spartans by a ton.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thewhiteronin

@glubgluby said:

@thewhiteronin: no it's not a good thread, it's spite, it's probably been done before too. Space marines outclass Spartans by a ton.

Many, many people still disagree with those notions on Comicvine and other sites. I was hoping to shed more light on the superiority of the Space Marines through this thread. But if this thread gets locked, then meh.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

The Space Marines have Captain-i'm-gonna-butcher-you-Kharn. Nothing more needs to be said!

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hasn't this been done before?

/lock thread

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

In terms of character, SPARTAN-II's are better, but Master Chief is only even to an average Space Marine.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, been done and done.

A tactical marine is better in everithing in comparison to the averege spartan, a talented well equipped veteran can keap up with chief, without armor they win, the weapons are better, the armor is better, the averege experience is better, they have special units(librarians/terminators/Dreghtnauts) that give an additional boost.

They are simply better.

Tomorrow i can back up with scans and feats if needed.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

In terms of character, SPARTAN-II's are better, but Master Chief is only even to an average Space Marine.

Disagree. Over hundred Novels and Fiction work been printed on Space Marines, and they have a very diverse set of character. Commander Sarpedon (Soul Drinkers Chapter) being one of my all time favorites, as well Honsou (Iron Warriors Legion).Oh and lets not forget Talos (Night Lords Legion), or even Captain Uriel (Ultramarines Chapter). So many unique and fleshed out characters! Hell I even like Captain Titus (Space Marine Game) and Chapter Master Angelos (Dawn of War Games).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disagree. Over hundred Novels and Fiction work been printed on Space Marines, and they have a very diverse set of character. Commander Sarpedon (Soul Drinkers Chapter) being one of my all time favorites, as well Honsou (Iron Warriors Legion).Oh and lets not forget Talos (Night Lords Legion), or even Uriel (Ultramarines Chapter). So many unique and fleshed out characters!

lol that's my opinion bro. Can't really debate character.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw said:

Disagree. Over hundred Novels and Fiction work been printed on Space Marines, and they have a very diverse set of character. Commander Sarpedon (Soul Drinkers Chapter) being one of my all time favorites, as well Honsou (Iron Warriors Legion).Oh and lets not forget Talos (Night Lords Legion), or even Uriel (Ultramarines Chapter). So many unique and fleshed out characters!

I know. But I was having a nostalgic orgasm. I edited my post with more characters 3 times lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw said:

I know. But I was having a nostalgic orgasm. I edited my post with more characters 3 times lol.

XD

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marines

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thewhiteronin
Loading Video...

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I Laughed My A$$ Off the whole song. That was epic!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're saying which army would win, an army of Spartans vs. an army of Space Marines, then the Space Marines would.

If you're asking my opinion, Master Chief is more bad@ss, and he could probably take a single Space Marine who isn't a Captain.

I'm pretty sure there are more Space Marines than Spartans, by a significant number. So that's a main factor why they would win, plus the fact that most Spartans are < Chief.

Jmarshmallow

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Space Marines are better. Their armor is thicker, made of superior materials, and more advanced. Their biological enhancements are superior. Their weapons are vastly superior. Their training varies; you might give the Spartan an edge against certain Space Marine Chapters. The Space Marine has more experience against more types of foes.

And that's just when you compare 'average to average'. When you begin to compare the outliers, the exceptional among each group the Space Marines pull even farther ahead. They have warriors with hundreds of years of experience, incredible cybernetic enhancement, and reality warping powers.

There is even an entire Chapter composed of Psykic Marines, each of which is armed with a weapon that can obliterate the souls of their foes with a scratch. They can see the future, possess powerful telepathy, psychokinetic, and bend their own bullets around obstacles.

And then some Marines are really badass ;-P

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're saying which army would win, an army of Spartans vs. an army of Space Marines, then the Space Marines would.

If you're asking my opinion, Master Chief is more bad@ss, and he could probably take a single Space Marine who isn't a Captain.

I'm pretty sure there are more Space Marines than Spartans, by a significant number. So that's a main factor why they would win, plus the fact that most Spartans are < Chief.

Jmarshmallow

For Future Reference, there is 1000 Chapters with 1000 Marines at any given time. That is just Loyalist Marines. For Chaos Marines you have 7 Legions which average around 10,000 Marines, 1 Legion around 100,000 Marines, and 1 more Legion over 200,000 Marines. Then there is 100s of small Warbands that number around 50-200 Marines.

So roughly 1,000,000 Space Marines that are loyal at any given time. Roughly 500,000 Chaos Marines at any given time.

Some numbers for ya.

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By glubgluby
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Wow, yeah that's definitely a significant difference.

Thank you for informing me.

@glubgluby: And I'd be inclined to disagree.

Jmarshmallow

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Can someone go into depth about the Space Marines' selection process? There seems to be an underestimation of non-veteran Space Marines "being average." All Space Marines are super human, and many recruits chosen to become Space Marines were among the best warriors of humanity. If they're not the best, then they're not chosen. In addition to being the best that humanity has to offer, they're given the gene seed that also increases their abilities to superhuman levels. Spartan candidates were kidnapped and sedated, whereas candidates for Space Marines already have experience in combat, hence why they're chosen.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Can someone go into depth about the Space Marines' selection process? There seems to be an underestimation of non-veteran Space Marines "being average." All Space Marines are super human, and many recruits chosen to become Space Marines were among the best warriors of humanity. If they're not the best, then they're not chosen. In addition to being the best that humanity has to offer, they're given the gene seed that also increases their abilities to superhuman levels. Spartan candidates were kidnapped and sedated, whereas candidates for Space Marines already have experience in combat, hence why they're chosen.

Black Templars recruit up to 2 people from the Planets best.

Out of those 2 only 1 accepted and survived the Genetic process.

Rites of Initiation for Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Ultramarine Chapters. Each Chapter has its own ritual of recruitment, and each one is pretty dang impossible for even elite special forces of human organisations to complete, much less Teenagers forced to complete these tasks.

Ddawg92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ddawg92

@thewhiteronin: Well if you consider that Space Marines are recruited from Death worlds mainly depending on which Legion you want to specify. Take the Dark Angels for example. They had recruits from as young as 14 (Bear in mind this is after they have already been fighting for years as children), who had been fighting since they could essentially lift a sword to survive in a ruthless world that chews the weak up and spits them out. So by then they have already learned basic skills or survival before the Astartes start the selection process. They are then put through rigours trials to separate the wheat from the chaff, that still isn't the end. Slowly they are implanted with the geneseed and other implants which do not always take hold. Hence the only 1 in 100 recruits actually make it to becoming a neophyte. That is before they are made into scouts or even given missions. All of this is incredibly painful to go through. So as you can imagine it wasn't like Masterchiefs live of just being top dog in the playground or being substantially better than the other kids. Johns "normal" life wasn't just about surviving through the day.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddawg92: To be fair, they were kidnapped at age 6 and put through a process. The process that they did also killed them, just not as much. Although despite this response that you made. SM's are still supreme due to better training, various upgrades, gear, and weapons. :)

Ddawg92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddawg92: To be fair, they were kidnapped at age 6 and put through a process. The process that they did also killed them, just not as much. Although despite this response that you made. SM's are still supreme due to better training, various upgrades, gear, and weapons. :)

My point was John never had stuff trying to kill him from the get go in that sense. :) Take any death world that the Legions recruited from and the planet John came from was like sunshine and rainbows.

NoxApocrypha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Space Marines stomp this hard. Spartans look more flexible sure but Space Marines can cross whole rooms before anyone could blink. In the first heretic Argel Tal had moved in reaction to a hostile custode that slaughtered four other space marines before even Lorgar could react. And if this is supposed to be like all the Spartans against all the Space Marines then the Spartans are grossly outnumbered. Remember less then half of the Spartan II's survived the augmentation process, All but a few spartan III's were wiped out in the Human-Covenant War, and Spartan IV's are just rushed and rely almost entirely on the suit. Space Marines come in the thousands, some even wielding paracausal powers. Some have even been stepped on by Titan's. War machines so massive each step makes the world shake.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space marines no question. Whilst the Spartans are great the space marines, in fact any person who fights for the imperium, be it imperial guardsmen, spade marines, they fight battles non stop daily basically. I would even say that guardsmen like sly marbo would probably even defeat Spartans.