4 X-Men vs Fantastic Four

• 58 results
skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cyclops, Colossus, Storm and Wolverine vs the 4 main FF.

• Random encounter
  • Basic knowledge
  • Takes place in a junkyard
  • In character but serious
  • Perfect teamwork
  • Win by any means except bfr
  • Start 50 ft apart

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4

Better brick, better brains, very versatile. Good match regardless.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic 4 Stomp, Invisible Woman solos

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cruelrain

Colossus vs Thing = Thing

Invisible Woman vs Storm = Could go either way but leaning towards Sue

Mr Fantastic vs Wolverine = Reed bya Incap

Human Torch vs Cyclops = Torch is faster and can fly, with his Nova attack stomps

Both teams have good Teamwork but i think the Fantastic four work better as a Team.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree on all fronts, but would add HT has the mobility advantage of being able to fly, which IMO makes him overall better than Cyclops. With that being said, Cyclops is a far superior tactician.

Colussos vs Thing = Thing

Invisible Woman vs Storm = Could go either way

Human Torch vs Cyclops = Not sure about this... but Torch with his Nova attack stomps

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

IDK if any of the Four could solo, but as a team, they take this very comfortably. They also have the advantage of overall better teamwork.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 for the Win.

-Sue Richards is honestly the only major threat here. With her on the field the others are well guarded.

-I don't agree that the F4 have better teamwork like everyone is saying. I would give that to Cyclops only because he's a better tactician here.

-If the X-Men manage to take out Sue first(which is possible if Storm manages to get her first) then the rest of the F4 will crumble.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 for the Win.

-Sue Richards is honestly the only major threat here. With her on the field the others are well guarded.

-I don't agree that the F4 have better teamwork like everyone is saying. I would give that to Cyclops only because he's a better tactician here.

-If the X-Men manage to take out Sue first(which is possible if Storm manages to get her first) then the rest of the F4 will crumble.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm needs better partners.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4

Better brick, better brains, very versatile. Good match regardless.

^

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK if any of the Four could solo, but as a team, they take this very comfortably. They also have the advantage of overall better teamwork.

I can see Sue and Thing beating this x-men Team honestly

Thing beats Colossus, he's not in Thing's League currently, and he can beat Wolverine and Cyclops easily as well, Storm and Cyclops can't bfr him leaving Sue vs Storm which i believe Sue wins especially in character

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@waitomegastorm said:

Storm needs better partners.

LOL Storm always needs better partners.

Although, in this battle it really comes down to Sue vs Storm which is also a Coin toss: Heads or Tails..........

Avatar image for deactivated-605cf6d79b04a
deactivated-605cf6d79b04a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace Wolverine with Magneto and we might have ourselves a match.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say the X are better individuals but the F4 have fought as a foursome team for so long and are very complimentary. With perfect teamwork they should win.

Batminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus vs Thing -> Colossus; he defeated Juggernaut

Cyclops vs Human Torch -> Human Torch

Storm vs Invisible women -> That's going to be a tough one... But I go with Invisible women

Wolverine vs Mr Fantastic -> Wolverine

But I would say that the f4 have a much better group dynamic and work perferctly together as a team

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4

Sk69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sk69420

Fantastic four stomp tbh. The only reason I don’t think Thing can solo is because of Wolverine.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mee09

I'm not saying the X-Men win but why are people assuming Wolverine would fight Mr. Fantastic first? He is far more comfortable fighting The Thing. I think Colossus would fight Sue, Storm would fight Human Torch (they can both fly), and Cyclops would fight Mr. Fantastic. Or Cylcops would fight Sue and Colossus would fight Mr. Fantastic. Mr. Fantastic can't really stop Colossus by himself with his powers. I think Wolverine and Cyclops both know this. Wolverine won't want to fight a genius rubberman. He's going to want to fight a brick.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ginman333

@sk69420: You think Thing can solo scott, storm, and colossus? Say that out loud.

Sk69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sk69420: Just curious as to why? That obviously mean you think thing is THAT much above colossus on his own. Seems like a stretch but Im always interested in hearing an alt opinion.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

I'm not saying the X-Men win but why are people assuming Wolverine would fight Mr. Fantastic first? He is far more comfortable fighting The Thing. I think Colossus would fight Sue, Storm would fight Human Torch (they can both fly), and Cyclops would fight Mr. Fantastic. Or Cylcops would fight Sue and Colossus would fight Mr. Fantastic. Mr. Fantastic can't really stop Colossus by himself with his powers. I think Wolverine and Cyclops both know this. Wolverine won't want to fight a genius rubberman. He's going to want to fight a brick.

Thats a good point with Wolvs v. Thing.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@mee09 said:

You have a good point.

However, I think people are setting match ups by what they think will happen or end up happening. I would agree that its True Wolverine fighting The Thing would make the most sense. Just like how Storm fighting the Human Torch over Storm fighting Sue Richards(Considering they are close friends) I can see them not wanting to attack each other.

I get your point.

Sk69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginman333: Ben is easily above standard Colossus to the point where its not even close. Ben fought Colossus when he had the juggernauts powers during Avengers v X-men, with Ben putting up a pretty good fight against him. Other than that the best example I think to compare the two, is there encounters with Thor villain The Wrecker. In Secret wars, Wrecker one shotted Colossus (While he was power sharing with the rest of the crew) to add insult to injury, this was also the same story where the Wrecking crew were jobbing as well, as Bulldozer was one shotted by Spider-man. In comparsion to this, Ben fought a full powered Wrecker as well as tanking dozen of his hits.

Cyclops is pretty much fodder, She Thing (A weaker version of Thing) tanked blasts from a bloodlusted Cyclops in Uncanny X-Men annual #14. As well as this, Ben has no sold Cyclops blasts on two separate occasions (Fantastic four #28 and X-men/Fantastic Four #4)

As for Storm, her offensive output simply isn't good enough. Ben has tanked and traded hits with guys in Hulk's tier consistently. She's also a glass cannon that Ben can easily one shot.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@fffan: Storm can defeat all the members of the FF individually, as she already did against Torch, Sue and Thing can be defeated via HAX and Reed I don't even need to comment.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sk69420: I believe thing got off a few cheap shots in that matchup before being man-handled (which is how it should be). Colossus also put up a good fight against WWH (or was it WBH, I forget these days) before getting his arms broken. In that fight, Hulk stated that Colossus would have been a good fight against normal hulk (who I would say is above Thing). I dont know how you could say they are that far apart.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fffan: Interesting on the recent one-shot. I am unfamiliar with that. Was there any context? Scans? That doesnt feel right. They have always been on pretty similar grounds historically.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@fffan said:

To add to this, Ben has literally one-shot Colossus in recent X-Men/Fantastic Four #2 and was unhurt by Cyclops' blasts in the same issue,

I don't know if you can call that a "One-Shot". I mean Colossus only got punched in the face and the scene moved over to Reed checking on his wife.

Your right in the scene that Ben didn't get hurt by Cyclops Blast, but he did get blasted nonetheless and knocked off balance. You can see the residue of Scott's Beam on Ben's Back.

and was also unhurt by Storm's lightning discharge in Black Panther #31.

This is not true. Ben didn't get hit by Storm's Lightning.

However, in Black Panther #34 Ben did get hit by another persons Electrical Attack and he screamed in pain. Storm has a good record of hurting people with High Durability. IF Storm were to face off against Ben she would most likely Win.

Reed has also shrugged off morals off Cyclops' blasts in the same issue where She-Thing did it,

A morals off Blast From Cyclops can evaporate an entire Mountain..I don't see Reed surviving that. Especially, Since in XvF4 Reed almost got knocked out by Cyclops blast like his Wife did if it wasn't for the Suit he's wearing.

and Johnny was unhurt from getting hit by Cyclops' redirected blast in Quasar #38.

That is a testament to Human Torches Durability really.

OT: Colossus can't win a single match-up, not even against Reed; the only match-up Wolverine can maybe win is against Thing, (and if he screws up, he'll get one-shot, like Ben one-shot him in Fantastic Four vs X-Men #4, like he one-shot Wolverine from the future in FF #561 and like alternate Ben one-shot 616 Wolverine in Age of Ultron #7) - his claws are completely ineffective against Reed and Sue, and Johhny has already blitzed and overpowered him in Wolverine #22; Storm can only beat Reed and maybe Johnny; and Cyclops can beat nobody. Also, Johhny has literally murdered a team of X-Men clones that consisted of Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus and Jean (who was admittedly doing nothing) in FF #368, where he was perfectly capable of outmaneuring Storm, dodging Wolverine's attacks from close range and dodging Cyclops' blasts

A lot of these issues your citing have major context to them. But i'll leave that alone.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@ginman333 said:

@fffan: Interesting on the recent one-shot. I am unfamiliar with that. Was there any context? Scans? That doesnt feel right. They have always been on pretty similar grounds historically.

Honestly, I don't know if you can consider this a One-Shot. To me my understanding of a One-Shot is a character getting hit by a attack and the result is them being KO'ed.

No Caption Provided

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiredofdissheet: So you are telling me that you think that Thing can one shot Colossus?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@tiredofdissheet: @tiredofdissheet: yes she can, if she wants to take the air out of Ben's lungs he will be defeated just as Sue can be frozen flash, have her brain fried or be asphyxiated just as Ben can be.

lol why would it be bad writing? Storm removed the oxygen around him and that made him unable to use his powers.

and I am sure that these scans are from the time that storm did not have her powers that include high resistance to temperature.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus vs Thing = Thing

Invisible Woman vs Storm = Could go either way but leaning towards Sue

Human Torch vs Cyclops = Torch is faster and can fly, with his Nova attack stomps

Both teams have good Teamwork but i think the Fantastic four work better as a Team.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@tiredofdissheet said:

@ginman333: @mooty_pass: Colossus was hit and then magically disappeared for the rest of the fight, and wasn't seen fighting either Johhny, Ben or Reed. In fact, Ben was later fighting Gambit and Wolverine, and Colossus was nowhere in sight then or when Sue woke up. That's the definition of "one-shot".

That is not the definition of a "One-Shot"

"He was punched in the face and was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the fight, when Ben was shown fighting Gambit and Wolverine. He was one-shot."

-Colossus was not One-Shotted. You have no proof that Colossus got knocked out. Because right after he got punched Gambit started his assult on Ben. So, exactly how do you know exactly that Ben One-shotted Colossus? You don't. Because Sue Richards woke up.

"He was running away from X-Men, so of course he would be knocked off-balance from the blast. Fact is, he was completely unhurt, and his suit being singed a little doesn't really mean anything."

Fair Enough.

"Everything in the room was hit by Storm's lighning, including Psycho-Man, equipement and Johhny."

No, that's not true at all. The Comic that User: fffan is referring to is Black Panther(2005) Issue #32:

-Here Ben drops due the Collar placed on his Neck. And his Enemy get's Blasted by Lightning. This is what the User was referring to.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By Issue #34 Ben gets hit again by what looks like an Electric Attack.

-Judging by the Electric Attack it seems Strong enough to at least cause him some form of pain.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now lets compare that attack to what Storm did in that very same issue with her Lightning.

I'm willing to bet that Ben Grim would most likely get knocked out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"He was hurt by a random monster who only appeared in this issue. Monster who has no feats besides blasting Ben and making him scream in pain, and then getting one-shot when he blasted him again. This is not applicable to Storm in any way or form."

The user claimed that Ben can tank Storm's Lightning and cited an issue where he couldn't tank a random monsters lighting. And you're going to defend this users point by saying it's not applicable??? That is a ridiculous claim.

"Ben managed to tank lightning from Mjolnir and was only winded a little, and shrugged off an electric attack from Blitzianna, who made Thor himself scream from pain with her shocks. Storm's lightning, for comparison, was shrugged off by both Thor and his weaker clone Ragnarok. She is not hurting him and definitely not beating him."

Ok, so with this comment here it sounds like you don't really know the people Storm has actually harmed with her lightning. I'll give you list:

Hulk, Adaptoid(Red-Hulks Powers), Silver Surfer x2, Stardust, Colossus, Iceman, Classic Dr.Doom, War-Machine, Guardian(Leader of Alpha Flight), Khan, Sebastian Shaw, Sauron, Gah Ran(Outworld Alien), Arkon(Outwrold Native), Wendigo, Dracula, Classic Evil Rogue, Terminus, Darkstar, Human Torch.

Many of them has some pretty good durability. The fact that Storm was able to hurt them with her lightning says something. So as I said before. If Storm were to hit Ben Grimm with Lightning like I said he would drop.

"And yet he tanked a blast from bloodlusted Cyclops. Reed managed to survive getting hammered by bloodlusted Thor (even though he was KOed), he can definitely survive and tank that."

Can you post scans of that please? Because what your claiming is not really believable when Reed has been hurt by less things before.

"He wasn't knocked out, only hurt a little, and was literally shown to be alright on the next panel. Their suits were only made to defend them from telepathy, not from physical attacks (showcased perfectly by the fact that Sue was KOed)."

"There really is no context to most of this stuff."

Actually, there is if you read those stories. Because the Human Torch makes a statement he was fighting pale copies of the originals.

And if you going to sit there and try to defend a statement like that makes me question if you even read those stories.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiredofdissheet: Gotta tell you man, Im almost 40 and Ive been reading both comics for a long time (over 30 years). I even chose F4 to win this. But to say that Ben is >>> above Colossus just aint right. Im ok with an argument on either side. To say it is one sided is not accurate, IMO.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic Four win

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiredofdissheet: You havent sold me that he is that much over big C that he can take C, C, and S, but I will say, based on your posts I may say T>C, and I would previously had said C=T. Ive only read very little the last few years (my daughter has outgrown comics, so its no only what I do on my own). Good arguments bud.

ComicMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ComicMan5

Fantastic 4 I think would win, but 1st some thoughts:

I thinks Colossus if he match up with Ben could actually beated Thing in fights for a majority problem is it gonna take awhile thing no pushover but this is team fight by time Colossus get his win other FF members have won their fights and will be free to gang up on Peter

Cyclops not to be underestimate he got power and skills to beat all FF except Sue I think and he one of best tactics people in comics both for himself and for his team...

...but issue is in this team fight while I think it can be ARGUED that cyclops is due to be on the Mt Rushmore of leaders/tactical heroes, Reed is a no doubt shoo-in OG on that structure and as per OP Reed has knowledge of his opponents and FF teamwork second to none so Yeah I love X-men but to keep it real I got to give this fight to Marvel’s First Family The Fantastic Four

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@tiredofdissheet said:

@ginman333:he can. Colossus is not close to the power level at which Ben operates outside of occasional outliers.

@waitomegastorm: Storm is not fast enough to affect Sue before she rises her shields and pops a bubble around her head (which is something she does in character, unlike Storm with her synapse frying).

yes she is fast enough to attack her as both use their powers at the speed of thought, and regardless of that the point is that in a fight between Sue and Storm, it would not be an mismatch as they could both beat each other.

Also, Ben, even when he didn't have the time to get a breath, managed to last 3 pages against Air Elemental that tried to suffocate him without blacking out. If he does get a breath, he can survive without additional air intake for an hour, and there's no way for Storm to force it out of him if he keeps his mouth shut. All he needs to do is grab a random object and lob it at Storm, and she is down for the count. Also, another guy had tried to short out Ben's nervous system when he was weakened, and it didn't work, so Storm won't be able to do that either (disregarding the fact that she doesn't do that in-character).

I would like to see Ben's fight against the air elemental and also if this air elemental is on the same level as Storm, and I would like to know how many feats Ben has that can show that he is able to prevent someone who manipulates the air in Storm level, and he closes his mouth she pulls the air through his nose lol.

she used this type of attack recently:

And it's not what happened in CoC. She didn't deprive him of oxygen, she pinned him with winds and then let the building fall on top of him. Which wouldn't work because a) he is much faster than her, and she would never do that if he wasn't screwing around and b) because, as I already described, he was literally in the middle of a hurricane that overpowered and knocked Namor out and his flames were not affected.

she put it in a micro tornado that created a vacuum and removed the oxygen and finally dropped the building on top of him.

she is able to create micro F5 tornadoes, he can be faster than her at travel speed but as i said her powers are activated at the speed of thought and this is enough, Storm is not as slow as you think.

and Storm can increase the strength and speed of her winds so don't try to say that any hurricane would be on the same level as a hurricane that Storm could do.

and it was already indicated before that Torch would need oxygen to keep his powers active:

No Caption Provided

I'll need proof that Storm ever had heat resistance, and if she did, that she didn't have it back then. After you proof that, I'll need proof that she has heat resistance adequate enough to withstand Torch's flames. Which is a loaded request, since I am 98% sure her resistance is nowhere near close enough to tank Torch's heat.

here some feats:

Surfer redirected a Torch attack on her that almost didn't bother her, she practically got a fire blast on her face and that didn't even bother her and then she quickly dispelled the flames, she easily tanked a Legion pyrocinetic attack and quickly attacked him after that.

She also has some indirect feats of high temperature resistance such as easily resisting lightning strikes that can be 5x hotter than the surface of the sun or also absorbing the power of millions of stars through her body which consequently ended up absorbing heat.

Storm is not taking oneshots for fire-based attacks, either because of her resistance or because of her ability to dispel these types of attacks.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fantastic 4 win.