2v2 CaV: Thor (xZone) and Superman (Blackpantherisb) Vs Captain Marvel (Rajjarsalt) and Hela (Eri123)

• 77 results
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Thor, Represented by xZone

No Caption Provided

Superman, Represented by Blackpantherisb

No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel, Represented by Rajjarsalt

No Caption Provided

Hela, Represented by Eri123

Battle Rules:

-Battle Takes place on an unpopulated Asgard, which is indestructible for this battle

-Opponents start 50 feet apart on the bifrost bridge

-Weapon Stealing or Sharing is banned

-In Character, morals off

-Win by death of enemy team

-Thor is Prime for this battle, and his EG version is assumed to be weaker for this CAV

CaV Rules:

This is a Challenge a Viner Debate. That means that only Blackpantherisb, Rajjarsalt, Eri123, and myself are to debate here. However, when voting is opened, you are welcome to offer opinion on which team you believe debated better. If you wish to be tagged for votes or after every post, simply ask via "T4V" or "TAEP"

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4-player CaV? Is that a new record? TAEV.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

4-player CaV? Is that a new record?

There's been 8-player CaV's before smh

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

I should have repped Thanos here but whatever good luck with Hela.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait is that just BVS Superman?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

No Caption Provided

Strength

Since the bulk of my posts are going to be talking about strategy and how Thor and Superman will interact and work together to bring down their opposing team, I'm going to keep the stats section fairly short, and just give a rundown some that everyone has an idea of just how powerful Superman is.

Lifting

Striking

Those feats should suffice for strength, for the time being, moving on to durability.

Durability

And now for speed...

Speed

Combat

Application

Heat Vision

Strategy

#1: Carol

Now seeing as Carol's my main opponent in this CaV I'll do a quick breakdown of why Superman is going to be able to drop her without too much difficultly. I'll start with his strength. Now obviously in terms of quantifiable feats, Carol would seem to hold the advantage here, but actually, though just a little bit of logical scaling Superman and Carol should be on par in terms of sheer physicality. As I've already shown Clark utterly overpowered Steppenwolf with literally zero effort and only one arm. Now, this is notable since Steppenwolf utterly overpowered Aquaman while underwater.

Justice League

Now, this is very impressive given the fact that Aquaman in his solo movie was able to lift a large Submarine at insane depths fairly casually (given that he did this at incredible depths this feat is probably in the hundreds of thousands of tons). It's also worth mentioning that Superman overpowered the World Engine's gravity beam while weakened, and that gravity beam did this:

Man of Steel

After a couple of seconds of activation, the World Engine produces enough force to create a downright massive tidal wave, which would likely weigh millions (potentially more) of tons, and yet a weakened Superman still managed to overpower it. Now I think that this should be enough to prove that Superman can compete with Carol in terms of raw strength.

Not only can Superman contend with Carol in a purely physical department, but he can also put a serious dent in her with his blows. He can generate shockwaves that can be heard across the whole city and can flip building-sized constructs from thousands of feet away, shatter mountain tops by flying through them, overpower Zod in a striking contest, the same Zod who hit Clark hard enough to send a safe into orbit, and then, of course, there are the Black Zero and World Engine feats. Now to be clear the metal that those ships are made out of is insanely durable, just take a look at the World Engine's landing:

Man of Steel & The Offical Man of Steel Novelization (2)

The World Engine tanked falling from orbit at least at supersonic speed and landed hard enough to obliterate a thousand+ foot tall mountain, create a mile-high dust cloud, be felt by seismographs all over the planet, and destroy the entire surface of the island. Obviously this is a multi-megaton level impact. Now I'm not saying that Superman has nuke level striking power since he only destroyed a comparatively small part of the World Engine/Black Zero, but this is harder than pretty much anyone in the MCU (bar Surtur and Dormammu) hits, and his blows will certainly put the hurt on Carol. And Captain Marvel will struggle to do the same to Clark.

Now Carol definitely has decent striking power, but Superman's durability is pretty ridiculous. Obviously Carol's best damage output feat is plowing through the Sanctuary II and bringing it down with only two bullrushes. But Superman was getting smacked through skyscrapers hard enough to utterly destroy them repeatedly during his fight with Zod and has slammed into mountains hard enough to destroy large volumes of them, and these are still on the lower end of Superman's feats. Carol has no feats even approaching Zod's safe-orbit punch, and even that wasn't enough to put a battered Superman down, hell he even no-sold the World Engine's Gravity Beam while weakened, which, as I've already shown, was displacing millions of tons of water every second. Carol simply doesn't pack enough of a punch to put Clark down in a reasonable timeframe with her blows, so then you might ask, what about her energy projection? Well, Superman has no absurd feats in that department as well. He was able to effectively no sell Doomsday's concentrated energy output, which was powerful enough to do this when distributed in AoE form:

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Now tanking the power concentrated without any real damage already means that Superman will likely be able to endure whatever Carol throws at him energy projection without much difficulty, but obviously he has feats that are vastly more impressive than this. Such as enduring the explosion of the World Engine. Now obviously this feat is ridiculous right from the outset since the blast was able to destroy most of the World Engine, who's durability I've already been over, but it's worth noting that the island was also heavily damaged/destroyed by the blast.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

As you can see the remains of the World Engine were sitting in a large amount of water, not on land, which would indicate that the blast would have destroyed a large part, if not the entirety of the island. This is also supported by the novel, which stated that as the World Engine exploded the island suddenly resembled Krakatoa.

The Offical Man of Steel Novelization

And keep in mind that this is what Krakatoa looked like before it exploded compared to what it looked like afterward:

Krakatoa before and after.

So I think that's fairly clear that the explosion of the World Engine did, in fact, obliterate a very large part of the island, and yet a weakened Superman was still able to endure it and remain completely conscious, ready to fight only moments later. Carol simply does have energy or blunt force output that even remotely compares to the explosive force of the World Engine.

Now finally for Superman's largest advantage, speed. Now I've already shown that he has explicitly hypersonic combat speed while blitzing Zod, but he goes well above this level. Now I showed him flying down from cloud level in half a second and then blitzing Doomsday while moving at those speeds, so let's take a closer look at how fast he was moving when he hit Doomsday at those speeds. Now according to this World Atlas article, the most common type of cloud that is found in the sky is stratocumulus, which resides at around 8,000 feet. This means that Superman would've blitzed Doomsday at around 16,000 feet per second, or over 14 times the speed of sound. Carol has no combat or reaction speed feats that eve approach hypersonic speeds, let alone Mach 10+, so based on that alone Superman should dwarf Carol in the speed department, and that's not even Clark's best.

His best, of course, there is the Wonder Woman scaling. Now as I'm sure you know Diana herself has supersonic combat speed, she was able to keep pace with, react to, maneuver around, and deflect dozens of Mach 2 automatic bullet rounds at point-blank range over the span of just a couple of seconds.

Justice League

Now given that Superman casually moved dozens of feet and intercepted Wonder Woman before she could even move her arms he should scale to be several times faster than her at the minimum, but then when you consider the fact that he and Flash fought so fast that she couldn't even move an inch of her own volition or perceive them he should be many dozens of times faster than her. Frankly, this is a level of combat/reaction speed that no one in the entire MCU even comes close to, including Carol, so she's going to be very hard-pressed to land blows on Superman, and Clark will be able to dish out at much damage as he wants.

I think that given Superman's superior striking and durability, comparable strength, and massively superior speed he will be able to control the fight against Captain Marvel and defeat her for a convincing majority. However, Thor can also play a key factor here since he arguably has the highest damage output of anyone here. If in some (highly unlikely) scenario Captain Marvel gains the upper hand against Clark he can also stun/slow her using his AoE lightning cloak, or summon a bolt of lightning from the sky in order to distract her for long enough for Clark to recover and regain the upper hand. And if she ever does come into contact with Stormbreaker, she'll be sliced through like wet butter.

So not only does Clark have the tools he needs to drop Carol on his own, but he has Thor's versatile powerset providing him with backup whenever he needs it. Captain Marvel doesn't stand a chance.

#2: Hela

Now Hela's main opponent is Thor, so X's strategy is obviously more important than mine here, but Superman can certainly back up Thor in a number of meaningful ways, the primary two being heat vision and super-speed. Now as I showed in my speed application section Clark has no problem blitzing down multiple opponents at once and generally just applies his speed very liberally, so if Hela starts pressuring or overwhelming Thor Superman could also just bullrush in and ragdoll her just like he did against Doomsday or those aliens, allowing Thor to regain his bearings and do some meaningful damage to Hela herself, and lower her defenses and allow Thor to land a killing blow. Superman can also just blast Hela from a distance with his heat vision and given that it can casually flay skyscrapers, is as hot as the surface of the sun, and match Doomsday's energy projection for a solid amount of time it should certainly be able to put the hurt on Hela even from a distance.

Conclusion

While both Captain Marvel and Hela are undoubtedly powerful threats, our team of Superman and Thor is more than powerful enough to take the victory here. Superman is faster, more durable, and hits harder than anyone else here, and has the sheer physicality to match. He and Carol have very similar powersets, however, he is simply superior to her in all of the most relevant categories. Meanwhile, Thor's damage output and versatility make him a threat that can support Superman against Carol and drop Hela in their battle. Working together the Man of Steel and the God of Thunder have everything they need to win a convincing majority in this battle.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it seems like this is going to be one of those respect thread CaVs. I don't think I'll end up reading everything, but let's see.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rajjarsalt
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carol Danvers, everyone!

Strength

Captain Marvel has enough strength to significantly matter in this fight.

No Caption Provided

Catching a warhead, pushing it back, and then throwing it hundreds of meters, spinning at that sort of distance every second. It's huge, likely in the high-hundreds to low-thousands of tons for casing+fuel (MOABs weigh nearly 10 tons, and these were warheads advanced enough to be beyond C-53's ability to repel, and this "The ships and missiles had strong monolithic/slab designs, so I was thinking about large stone structures and how that idea would work for an alien ship" from the VFX supervisor Craig Hammack) and it reached the clouds in a couple of seconds. That's ridiculously fast, and packs a shitload of Machs and therefore kinetic energy. Significantly more than anything a Kryptonian can pack in such a fight like this. The fact that she ovepowered the full capabilities of its acceleration needs to be noted and considered in the game, as it is no longer capable of accelerating after she tosses it.

No Caption Provided

She also carries the Benatar across 1000+ light years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Being able to transport such mass over such a long distance in 24 or so hours?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's monstrous strength right there. It makes you wonder how much static force she can truly exert with her flight. I mean, exerting forces on masses enough to accelerate them to average velocity of 1.1*10^11 km/sec? That's broken powerful.

How do I know the Benatar is indicated as a way to show her strength?

"One of the most challenging sequences was when Carol flies in carrying the powered-drained Benatar to the Avengers Compound and places it carefully down before descending to ground level. Finding the right balance between selling the weight of this giant space ship against her super-human strength was a fun challenge. We needed to find a better pose to kill the ‘hanging’ feel she had in the plate, while completely preserving Brie’s head performance and, again, nailing the integrity of her upper-body strength supporting this immense weight."

Finally, she is strong enough to contest and overpower Prime Thanos.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And this is relevant, as Thanos is clearly shown to be stronger than Hulk,

No Caption Provided

who is clearly shown to be consistently stronger than Thor. If you don't accept that, take these from the WoG, i.e. directors, editor, vfx supervisors.

“It’s interesting seeing the Avengers with Captain Marvel. I think that she dimensionalizes them in a really great way. Just from a pure power standpoint and what her abilities are. If you’re talking about a collection of heroes, and you’re gonna go face Thanos, who we believe still has the gauntlet. She is as powerful, if not more powerful than Thor, and you suddenly have hope again. Because they all know what happened at the end of the last movie, he walked through them like they were paper.”

"There are few people as strong as or stronger than Thor, and you know who some of them are,"

""Anthony [Russo] came up with the great idea -- this was a reshoot, by the way, at the last minute -- he had the great idea that Thanos pulls the power stone out of the gauntlet, and then he punches her with the raw power stone," he continued. "That is a fantastic use of that prop and that story point, because that’s what you want. And we had to find a way that he could sideline Captain Marvel for a minute, because she’s so powerful, there’s no way to do it.""

"The character is at the height of her powers at this point, which hadn’t been seen on screen yet, so Earl was happy to have the other film being worked on just down the hall."

And mind you, Thanos did this to Hulk in less than a quarter of a minute.

And he left Thor in such a weakened state. I mean, look at him. It's pitiful.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'll be cross-applying this later, but this establishes Captain Marvel's strength. She should be capable of pressing and curling the same weights (i.e. freeing up the, holding the iris open) as easily, if not more so, than Thor himself, as she scales to and above him. She should also scale to Smart Hulk's lift of the HQ remnants + water, which is validated by EG's own script and the intent behind the feat. Considering how he fell, Hulk is also hundreds of feat below, as validated by Tony Stark's statement of being 300ft below the A1 battle in AoU and the script's mention of Tony detecting life signs 800 feet below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's it for her strength.

Speed

She dodges Kree fire easily.

No Caption Provided

Aside from CM herself, it seems that these blasts are at least capable of accelerating at or greater than the pace of those ships. They even go off into the far horizon, suggesting that they are pretty fast indeed. And these are Kree spaceships. and they are relatively tiny. It wouldn't be unreasonable that their velocity caps at something far past the speed of sound.

And she can utilize travel and reaction speed in concert - two ships exploded, and the dual blast doesn't even hit her.

No Caption Provided

Let's get some consistency tho -

No Caption Provided

Now to seal the deal.

Before the Avengers jump Thanos and drink his soup, they sit in the Benatar. CM is doing reconaissance during this time. Now, one might say this was unspecified, but as far as canon goes, the minimum time amount is the conversation between Cap and Nat. The maximum possible time is under 15 minutes, which is provided by the script.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

CM was a pilot for the USAF and a member of Starforce. She's done military ops before and has a tactical mindset when doing recon flights. She knows how to be careful and not overlook certain details, even when she is brash. That's proven here, with her words:

No satellites, no ships, no armies. No ground defenses of any kind. It’s just him.

This statement is important.

1. To ensure no satellites, she'd have to review the exosphere-down. That means she was actively flying around the skies to ensure that there weren't satellites about.

2. She'd have to keep watch for any moving ships in the air and any that were parked on the ground. Close attention to detail and it aligns with the massive amount of area to satisfy the travel burden, just like above.

3. No armies, which means she has to dip down below to the point that she can see individual beings. That's a close-up analysis of the surface of the planet as well.

4. No ground defenses, which means she has to make distinctions between the structures on the ground, making note of any irregularities that would clash with the wholly natural landscape of Titan II.

She pulls all this off in the timeframe of minutes. To comb a whole planet (and its whole atmosphere like that) carefully like that requires ridiculous speed, and she's obviously doing careful analysis over the part. She also would have to be able to perceive objects as they appear normally while traveling at such high velocities in order to tell the Avengers that statement. Which means her perception speed can be pretty damn high relative to her environs. Even if it's her speed cap, that doesn't change anything about how good her speed is.

And here's the apex.

No Caption Provided

Dat lite speed. No portal/jump point excuse -- nada.

The fact that she can accelerate from practically 0 to 300k km/s like that is ridiculous. Plus, she gets a good distance ahead of the ship and manages to accelerate to relativistic speed instantaneously in synchronization with Talos right after he gets the Light Speed Engine in effect. Am I saying CM is light speed in reactions? No, but I think it's something to consider considering the dude who carried the Statue Force banner better than Flash and PC Superman did is her opponent in this fight.

It's even more ridiculous that she can load a bit of mass and go full on 1k light years in a single day. Even if her ability to bullrush in a fight is somehow 1/1000000000 of this, it's still enough to matter a great deal in said fight. Cross-apply the Benatar to speed and it gets even better.

Durability

No Caption Provided

This is absolutely crazy, imo. No-selling 30+ of these missiles?

For the record, they pierced Leviathan armor, effortlessly destroyed Wakandan ships, were good enough to burst the Avengers HQ, and were implied to be strong enough to put the hurt on Smart Hulk, as Rhodey had to save him. It's likely accurate to say that these are perfectly capable of hurting high tiers based on their feats.

As for some good visuals, here's some damage showings.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^ cratered the ground rather significantly.

No Caption Provided

""A key thing is how we stage the journey that the gauntlet takes from when Hawkeye comes running out of the tunnels with it. It has to get all the way across the bombed-out Avengers compound, which has sort of now formed a crater. He has to get across to the crater to the other side where the van is sitting with the quantum tunnel in the back. There's all these beats that we worked on and ILM (Industrial Light & Magic)."

"We shot on stage with minimal sets and dressing. Ninety percent of what you see in the final battle is created in CG. Weta created a crater shape and layout from The Third Floor’s model. The rough crater was shared with ILM and both houses created their own incredibly detailed virtual sets."

"So for a majority of the sequences, we actually ended up roto-ing the characters off the environment and replacing the environment with a fully CG bombed out crater.

But that’s all right, because we get control of the art direction, if you like, of the crater."

She also has this feat, which is pretty good, considering the explosions were so far propagating that they were visible from Ronan's ship.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finally,

No Caption Provided

I think I'll let the editor do the talking.

""Anthony [Russo] came up with the great idea -- this was a reshoot, by the way, at the last minute -- he had the great idea that Thanos pulls the power stone out of the gauntlet, and then he punches her with the raw power stone," he continued. "That is a fantastic use of that prop and that story point, because that’s what you want. And we had to find a way that he could sideline Captain Marvel for a minute, because she’s so powerful, there’s no way to do it.""

This shows that Captain Marvel was intended to be this powerful, that Thanos couldn't even sideline her for a minute without using the Power Stone. That alone should be enough for attempted debunks, but I'll pre-emptively strike.

"The character is at the height of her powers at this point, which hadn’t been seen on screen yet, so Earl was happy to have the other film being worked on just down the hall."

Which means that her powers peaked at some point before this exchange happened.

Cross-apply what Thanos did to IW Thor and Hulk, and how quickly he managed to do it to the latter. Yeah, Carol is durable af.

Destruction

It's clear Carol can make wide AoEs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

that can collapse the environments around her. They are full of potent energy,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

even in small forms. The latter is a several ton ship being accelerated to several km per second.

Can she spam them?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can she whip em around?

No Caption Provided

Can she synthesize such energy into an even larger blast?

No Caption Provided

Can she burst ships with explosions a plenty?

No Caption Provided

Can she burst even bigger and more durable ships?

No Caption Provided

Remember where the large building sized Outrider ships came from before they landed at such high re-entry speeds that you could see them flaming up a bit of blue? they came from singular Q-ships, which come from this Sanctuary ship. The sheer power of her bullrushes are unquestionable, and considering that she doesn't even look like it took any significant effort on her part, that makes the feat even better. Sanctuary 2 is the next biggest thing behind the 3 mile long Dark Aster, btw.

Strategy

This is fairly simple, tbh. Carol is undoubtedly the best range striker here, as she has unrivalled mobility and potent energy projection to boot. She doesn't need to engage in battle field destruction, and her travel-speed-in-combat shows her ability to fight with Clark on the terms of say, MoS. The only difference is the strength/durability gaps and the vicious amount of energy projection and application that will present obstacles to Clark beating down on Carol. I don't see how Clark hits so phenomenally above MCU high tiers like Hulk, who Thanos significantly scales above, that Carol would be getting seriously dented by the punches he lands on her. I don't even think it could come to that, considering Carol's ability to utilize her energy powers and abuse them significantly during combat.

Carol can assist Hela as she flies throughout the skies. One off-guard moment, which can be triggered by say, Carol hitting Thor with an off-hand energy blast, would be enough for Hela to take the advantage on her lil bro and end the fight then and there. Carol can also pummel Thor with Hulk/Thanos + hits from her bullrushes, which would definitely be enough to get the chance for Hela to toss a bloodaxe or two and put him down with her magic.

Conclusion

Feminism solos by shaping the intent, which is the backbone of every feat. Brie said Carol can push planets, and her powers seem to complement that narratives. With the F=m*a that Carol is capable of going, she honestly hasn't shown a cap that your usual Kryptonian/Asgardian alpha chads can necessarily overwhelm. Therefore, Carol IMPs the ground and one-shots the Earth.

No Caption Provided

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cocacolaman  Moderator

That rainbow gif though

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is getting interesting

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, god of Thunder

"At least make it a challenge for me"

Opening Statement:

Superman is a powerful teammate, Blackpantherisb has made that quite clear. However, the time has now arrived for the second half of this thunderous duo to prove his worth. Considering Thor's main opponent is Hela, I will be focusing on the abilities Thor possesses which are most useful against her, such as Lightning, Speed, Skill, and Thor's mighty weapon, Stormbreaker

Lightning

One of the greatest abilities Thor possesses is his power to control Lightning. Thor uses this ability in many ways, but the two I want to focus on are Thor's Lightning Cloak and Lightning Strikes. These two forms of lightning offer counters to Hela's attacks, in addition to a fantastic offensive for Thor

Lightning Cloak

Thor's Lightning Cloak is a passive aura of Lightning which protects Thor from attacks while simultaneously amplifying his own. There are two main applications of the cloak in this battle

No Caption Provided

First, is the ability to destroy Hela's blades. These blades are an essential piece of Hela's offensive capabilities, so the fact that Thor can counter them with such ease is incredibly damaging to Hela's chances

No Caption Provided

The second application of Thor's cloak is to ragdoll Hela. Not only does this ability make it difficult for Hela to maintain her footing, it also momentarily stuns her, which makes Hela vulnerable to follow up attacks, such as a Stormbreaker swing or Lightning Strike

Lightning Strikes

To explain them simply, they are powerful bolts of Lightning which Thor can summon from the sky near-instantaneously. The main purpose of these bolts is to knock Hela out, something they have already accomplished in the past

No Caption Provided

Once there is an opening, Thor can summon a bolt of Lightning on Hela, then simply decapitate her motionless body with Stormbreaker

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, if for some reason Superman is struggling with Captain Marvel, Thor can summon one of these lightning strikes on to Carol, stunning her at the very least, allowing Clark plenty of time to regain his bearings

Overview:

Thor's Lightning Cloak will provide an ample counter to Hela's blades, in addition to a difficult obstacle for Hela in CQC. Lightning Strikes on the other hand, are a powerful offensive capability which can knock Hela out, as well as provide support to Superman if needed

Speed

While Thor may not be as fast as his DC teammate, he does have the speed to react to his opponent's blades, in addition to a respectable combat speed advantage

Reaction Speed

Throughout their battle in Ragnarok, Thor reacted to and destroyed Hela's blades consistently, so he will have no issue doing so in this fight

No Caption Provided

However, to remove any doubt that Thor is capable of replicating his previous actions, I want to bring to your attention something that is often ignored: Thor was missing an eye. While this point may not seem to matter, it is extremely important. When someone loses an eye, not only do they lose a large percentage of their peripheral vision instantly, their perception as a whole is also greatly distorted. This means that Thor being able to fight at all in this condition is insane, let alone reacting to Hela's blades

Simply put, Thor accomplished what I am claiming, even while significantly weakened, so there should be no question whatsoever that he can do so in this battle

Combat Speed

While I do not hold the opinion that Thor is vastly superior to Hela in this category, I do believe he has a decent edge, certainly enough to have an advantage in CQC

There are two main examples from the Ragnarok battle which heavily suggest this

No Caption Provided

In the first instance, we see that Thor is outpacing Hela in CQC, blocking all of Hela's attacks and landing many of his own

No Caption Provided

The speed gap becomes even more obvious when viewed in slow motion

No Caption Provided

The second encounter is also quite impressive, showing Thor blocking Hela's blade, then grabbing Hela before she can throw another

Based off of these showings, I find it quite clear that Thor has a small, but valuable combat speed advantage in this fight

Overview:

While Thor's speed is often ignored, it is incredibly important for this battle. Thor is fast enough to outpace Hela, giving him the edge in close combat, and fast enough to consistently react to Hela's blades, crippling their usefulness in this battle

Skill

Skill is another area from which Thor draws a significant advantage. During their 1v1 encounter, Thor dominated the battle in terms of skill. Hela only managed to survive due to her massive power advantage, something that no longer exists to protect her

No Caption Provided

A fantastic example of this is from their throne room battle. Thor, using Gungnir, manages to tag Hela multiple times, but Hela survives the hits, then ends up winning the fight itself because of her power

No Caption Provided

Yet another example of what I'm talking about is found here. Thor laughably outskills Hela, blocking every one of her sword swings, simultaneously landing many hits of his own. However, again, Hela ends up winning this match because Thor's attacks were not effective enough

It's worth noting that Thor accomplished these skill feats while using fighting styles he is not as accustomed to, such as a spear or without a weapon at all. Thor's weapon of choice is usually a Hammer or Axe

No Caption Provided

Logically, it would be quite difficult to honestly argue that Thor would be LESS effective with Stormbreaker, considering it is literally his preferred fighting style. In fact, logically, Thor should be even more skilled with Stormbreaker than with the fighting styles he has already proven superior to Hela with

Overview:

Hela is indeed a skilled opponent, but as I have shown, Thor, even without using his preferred style of combat, was able to outskill Hela fairly easily. With his weapon of choice, Stormbreaker, Thor's skill advantage should be even greater

Stormbreaker

Thor's mighty axe, Stormbreaker is an incredibly powerful weapon, forged from Uru metal. Stormbreaker will amplify Thor's defense against projectiles, allow him to fly, and cut either of Thor's opponents in half if they come in to contact with a swing

Defense

As proven above, Thor's lightning can and will counter Hela's blades

No Caption Provided

However, in the unlikely event that the cloak is proven ineffective against Hela's blades, Thor can deflect them with Stormbreaker, much like he blocked these chitari blasts with Mjolnir

Flight

Stormbreaker allows Thor the ability to fly, but unlike Thor, Hela possesses no such ability. Due to this fact, Thor has further options available to him in combat

For example, if Thor falls in to a disadvantageous situation against Hela, he is capable of briefly retreating

No Caption Provided

Upon regaining his bearings, Thor can return to the battle as he blasts Hela with lightning. Another option available to Thor is to simply fly away from Hela to double team Carol with Superman. Because of her inability to fly Hela will be left behind; assuring the victory of our team

Piercing

The most powerful use of Stormbreaker is found within its blade

No Caption Provided

Stormbreaker's edge has incredible piercing feats, such as cutting Thanos. However, because far weaker weapons have easily pierced Hela, I doubt this will be an area of serious contention. In regards to Captain Marvel, no piercing feats anywhere close to Thanos' level have yet been presented, so I'll hold my cards for now

Overview:

Stormbreaker, as displayed above, provides Thor many options in this battle. On defense, Thor can use Stormbreaker to block Hela's projectiles. In combat, Thor can use his flight to tactically retreat, or to double team Captain Marvel. Furthermore, if either of Thor's opponents come in to contact with Stormbreaker's blade, they will be sliced apart

Conclusion:

As is clear, Thor vs Hela is not a close battle. Thor has the abilities required to absolutely destroy Hela in combat. Blackpantherisb, has also presented a strong argument for Superman defeating Carol. However, while I believe our characters can win based off individual merit, their chances of victory increase significantly when you take in to account the teams as a whole. Thor and Superman's powers compliment each other in quite an impressive way. One possesses ridiculous speed and impressive stats across the board, while the other has at his disposal a one-shot weapon, insanely powerful lightning strikes, and overall versatility. Furthermore, not only do their abilities appear more useful on paper, they also make far more sense in the battle. If Thor should need assistance, Superman for one thing can hear it with his super hearing, but he also has the speed to rush over and save Thor without Carol being able to tag him. If Superman needs help, Thor is capable of summoning a lightning strike on Carol or simply flying away from Hela to help Clark. The reality of this battle is that if you look at individual powers, Superman and Thor win fairly easily, but if you look at the teams together, Thor and Superman stomp, casually

No Caption Provided

Your move

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies for the repost. Slight edit done

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eri_Joni

Hela,The Goddess Of Death

No Caption Provided

Infinite Blade Spam

Hela can summon an unlimited amount of different weapons(mainly swords) from her body and the enviroment,coming in different sizes as well.

They are so powerful that they can:

1.Pierce Skurge's Uru armor.

No Caption Provided

2.Pierce a mountain

No Caption Provided

3.Can pierce The Statesman

No Caption Provided

4.Pierce Eternal Flame Surtur

No Caption Provided

And this guy is more durable than everyone here as he no sold a multi-mountain shockwave.

No Caption Provided

With these feats Hela can pierce through Superman's skin easily and kill him.

And of course cut Thor as we already saw in the movie.

Vs Thor

As xZone said Thor will be Hela's main opponent in this fight which I agree too,but what I don't agree with is Thor stomping Hela which is not happening.

We already saw in the movie that Thor was getting stomped in pretty much every aspect.

No Caption Provided

Quickly blocks his punch with a shield,then overpowers him with her strength.Thor kicks her leg to get her away which worked for him but Hela uses her sword to counter and send him through space.

No Caption Provided

Here again Hela is overpowering Thor with her skill and strength.Thor only managed to land one hit on her which she healed quickly.Making it worse for Thor,Hela wasn't even using her blade spam here but he still was losing.

No Caption Provided

Once again Hela is in complete control of the fight,no selling his punches and cutting him with a sword before Thor can punch her showing her superior speed.

No Caption Provided

In this instance it might look like Thor is winning with the first 3 strikes however this is not true at all when you see the scene in slow mo.

No Caption Provided

Thor can't even reach to Hela with the sword so he shoots lighting out of it,which Hela no sells while pushing Thor's sword and arm with her antlers.

Then Thor uses his second sword to try and hit Hela which fails and she dodges it.

As for the final strike the only thing that is clear is that Thor projects lighting from his sword and Hela no sells it, what's unclear is if Thor touched her with her sword.

However if you haven't noticed Hela was walking backwards here...

So she still was in control of the fight even at such a bad position.

Lighting Cloak

Even after Thor gained an amp,Hela was still tanking his lighting powers,even taking his biggest one,which made a hole in the middle of the Asgardian Palace as you see in the image below.

No Caption Provided

The script does say that the lighting KO'ed her but Thor doesn't know this because after shooting the lighting down he immediately jumped to the bifrost to fight the undead asgardians and then saying the lighting did nothing to her,so Thor won't be using this again.

Plus Thor's lighting cloak mode always goes off after being hit by Hela swords.

No Caption Provided

Although Thor managed to KO Hela a second time in the Bifrost Bride you have to understand that she had been pinned by Val's sword so she couldn't move out of the way to dodge the lighting.

So I don't think the lighting cloak is doing anything here,Hela can just spam swords until he gets hit shutting his lighting cloak down,then moving in for a CQC battle where she will stomp.One big new weapon isn't going to change things for Thor here,he couldn't hit her while she was walking backwards with 2 swords,I doubt a weapon as big as Stormbreaker will be different.

And a big advantage Hela has here it's the lack of distractions,she won't be dealing with Valkyrie,asgardian people,Surtur and Skurge.All of these saved Thor from her so many times,giving him a chance to rest and recover.

Even Superman won't save him as he will be having trouble with Carol.

Flight Advantage

Stormbreaker gives Thor true flight,however this won't be a problem for Hela.

Hela can just spam swords at him making him drop Stormbreaker like he did here.

No Caption Provided

Vs Superman

I'm gonna start by saying that Post JL Superman is cocky,he let people tag him several times,not using his speed to dodge them and their attacks,and he lets people grab him like Cyborg,Aquaman,Wonder Woman.

He let even Steppenwolf grab his arms here.

No Caption Provided

All these people failed to do anything to Superman cause they lack strength,however this isn't the case here with either Hela or Carol.

Hela for example is strong to crush Mjolnir,this puts her strength above Superman which means she can overpower him quickly if she gets hold of him.Hela can crush his head like she did with Mjolnir or with the asgardian here.

No Caption Provided

For Carol my teammate has already shown that she is stronger than him and won't have a problem putting him in a choke hold like she did with Thanos in the farm

Superman will also have a problem hurting Hela.She no sold a Mjolnir throw while not at full power,and she has an extremely fast healing factor.

Conclusion

The big problem that I think everyone is seeing here is having Thor go up against someone who was already stomping him.Again I don't see how one piercing weapon is gonna change things here.Killing Thor quickly will allow Hela to help Carol against Superman.My teammate has already shown that Carol can deal with Clark in her own,but adding Hela to the fight will make winning impossible for Superman.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rajjarsalt

Smh, time 4 rebuttals. Let's get this bread.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers