2v2 CaV: Green Scar (TDB) and Cho Hulk (B123A) VS. Thor Odinson [Worthy] (AsgardianBrony) and Jane Thor (KingLatveria)

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oooh

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Battle123axe
thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thedailybagel  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Battle123axe
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By APEX_pretador

@battle123axe: nvm, wrong post. I meant to say I need to save the good CaVs like this

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is shaping up rather nicely. Good intros so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's an interesting 180-turn of events.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

t4v

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 thedailybagel  Moderator

Nice, I won't have an intro up soon but I'll try to get it done as soon as I can.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@asgardianbrony: Holy shit, one of the post Thor posts I’ve ever seen. Tag me up in this.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: niceee.. as far as the chulk stuff, i think i can handle your points but god damn that was a good post. This debate begins in earnest

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brony's whole post was a "get out of my way" to Ultimate Thor, Jane Thor, and every hulk fan out there. Amazing.

I can already predict my favorite part of this debate is going to be Hiro Kala.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb: post Thor post? You mean best Thor post, right?

@asgardianbrony: brony if you somehow manage to win this cav I will definitely vote for you in HoF next year

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thedailybagel  Moderator

@revan- said:

@thedailybagel: Keep the intro under 50,000 words this time, lol

It's gonna be much smaller, that was only because I wanted to be thorough ahah. I'm just busy so can't rush out posts.

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post please

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tag after every post please

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What are the odda that I'd post the exact same thing as the dude above me lol.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the odda that I'd post the exact same thing as the dude above me lol.

lol

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thedailybagel  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Green Scar

No Caption Provided

He's mean, he's green, and he's gonna kick Thor's ass. Green Scar Hulk is a Hulk personality mostly written by Greg Pak and was around for a few years in total. In short, he's the most badass version of Hulk there is due to a combination of heightened anger, willpower and tactical thinking. His stats outclass any other 616 Hulk in pretty much all relevant areas and he's considered by me to be one of the toughest Bricks and powerhouses out there. For this CAV, I'm also going to use feats from Pak's recent Planet Hulk novel after checking with Brony that it was okay, whilst it doesn't add anything 'new', it gives more detail on certain events from Planet Hulk that make Hulk's feats there seem all the more impressive. Alongside Green Scar, I also have Chulk represented by my friend @battle123axe who will be focusing on Jane, whilst me and Brony do the good old Hulk vs Thor dance. In all honesty, I see Green Scar as the biggest gun here and he will certainly be able to take down either of your team one on one, if not both at the same time. Adding Chulk is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned and I'll explain why very soon. In the interest of time, I'll try keep this post much shorter than usual. Anyway, here's Hulk's biographical entry from 2011...

I intend to back all claims made here as the debate goes on, but with that out of the way, let's move on to Hulk's relatively simple, but extremely impressive powerset.

Powers/Abilities

• Superhuman Strength- Easily capable of grounding 100 tonners with ease, lifting ridiculous weight and in general just being the strongest one there is
  • Superhuman Durability- Far in excess of most powerhouses, easily capable of shrugging off nukes, island busting bombs, molecular altering weapons to punches that would destroy continents. This durability extends to his overall damage soak making him nigh impossible to totally put down
  • Superhuman Speed- Capable of moving at hypersonic speeds and reacting to objects even faster than that, his leaps allow him to leave the atmosphere, again, he's fast enough to tag anyone on your team, not that they have much combat speed to speak of...
  • Healing factor- One of his most powerful abilities under this incarnation, he can heal from virtually any injury in seconds, with only severe ones taking slightly longer
  • Pain tolerance- Not a power per se but still worth mentioning. His pain tolerance is, for lack of a better term, ridiculous. Even if one was able to get past his durability, then if they were able to start taxing his healing factor, they would need to actually knock him out; Green Scar has had his neck snapped, had holes punched through him and had every organ in his body punctured and torn to shreds multiple times, yet every time he's just stayed conscious and healed
  • Rage empowerment- Hulks trump card, contrary to popular belief being angry doesn't just make him stronger, it enhances all of his abilities, the longer the fight goes on the higher the chances of Hulk winning get. This is a very relevant point and I'll elaborate later in this post
  • Telepathy resistance - Not that this is a factor
  • Adaptation - probably won't be used here but in the event that he starts drowning or something he'll be fine

His power set makes him much more than a typical brick, given that his damage soak, healing factor and reactions allow him to hang with people faster or more powerful than he is and gets stronger as the fight goes on, on top of having resistances to things such as telepathy and energy absorption. For further info on his power level here's an extract from Marvel fact files #5 (2014), conveniently highlighted to show the important part...

No Caption Provided

On Sakaar, Hulk was weakened to far less than his pre-core breach levels of power, then he regained his strength, and was amped permanently by the warp core breach as well as all the anger from his family dying. So not only is your team dealing with a versatile and intelligent brick (versatile by brick standards anyway), but also a brick who is quite literally the best at what bricks do, namely punch things really, really hard. With that said... let's get into this.

My defense vs your offense

As is the custom now, I typically establish why Hulk can withstand attacks, and then go into detail when it comes to dishing them out. I don't plan on doing anything different here and to be totally honest with you I don't think that anything short of a godblast is going to push Green Scar to his limits here. He's encountered Thor on more occasions than I can count, some of which Thor was trying to kill Hulk and Hulk pushed through nearly every time. Now Thor is facing a dramatically more powerful Hulk than he's ever fought before, a massively more durable one, and one with pain tolerance that surpasses characters from the Invincible series and is on par with if not superior to Wolverines. Hurting Hulk won't be enough and severely injuring him won't be enough. Green Scar has been legitimately KOed once and that was against a skyfather, in a fight he wanted to lose, and his healing factor was nerfed by said skyfather.

what I want to emphasize here is that to win, Thor has to beat Hulk into a literal paste and keep up that intensity constantly. In all honesty, I don't think that Thor or Jane are capable of doing anywhere close to that level of damage, nor are they capable of sustaining it. Anyway, feats are required for this point so let's get into it...

Putting Hulk down is impossible

To kick things off, let's use Hulk vs Caiera in Incredible Hulk #98. In short, the encounter had been building for a rather long time, then in a brief fight Caiera charged the old power and unleashed a palm strike on Hulk's chest. Hulk was thrown back but got back to his feet, totally fine and nigh unharmed in seconds...

The effects were felt for miles around to the point that Imperials were claiming that the old power is "unbelievable" despite being a large distance away. So far this seems impressive for a mid-tier, what I decided to leave out until now is that this wasn't just an oldpowered punch. Caeira was actually channeling the power of Sakaars rotation, and the force didn't hit Hulk's outer body, it attacked his insides as Pak explained in his novel...

Hulk literally took a hit powered by the rotation of a Planet larger than Earth, directed into his chest, punctured his lungs and blew up his heart, and got back up with his bones already knitting themselves back together in seconds, whilst in a >weakened< and pre-core breach state. Thor is not capable of dishing out this kind of damage to Hulk constantly, and yet it hardly slowed down a significantly weaker Hulk than peak Green Scar despite going off inside of his body.

Hulk actually faced another attack on his insides during Incredible Hulk's #629 when he decided to literally eat all of the energy in Pandora's box after totally tanking an attack from it, with it being described as 'killing' him...

He reverted to Banner momentarily but recovered nigh instantly without even falling unconscious. The reason this is so impressive is because Pandoras box contained so much energy that it was equal to 133.45 Hercs. For reference, one Herc is the maximum amount of power that Friggin Hercules can expend in a single blow as was explained in Incredible Hulks #627...

No Caption Provided

Ironically, Hercules is also one of the only people to be a nigh exact physical equal with Thor, if not ever so slightly stronger when it comes to unarmed combat, so take that as you will.

Blunt Force resistance

So far, I've shown Hulk tanking a planetary level hit and power equal to 133 of Hercules's absolute best attacks, one of which whilst massively less powerful than peak Green Scar, both attacking his interior, and Hulk recovered from both of them in seconds. I don't believe at all that Thor can match the output of either of these attacks, and even if he could consistently he'd be attacking Hulk's exterior, which as per basic biology is massively more durable than his interior (granted Hulk's interior is clearly ridiculously durable as well). Anyway, these are extreme examples of Hulk taking a big attack and powering through it, but hurting him is very difficult to begin with. In terms of Blunt Force durability, let's use a fine example in Incredible Hulk #611, wherein Skaar and Hulk have quite possibly one of the most epic brick encounters of all time, again showcasing Hulk's insane damage soak throughout the issue... Case in point, Skaar absorbed 100 trillion tons of shifting lithosphere and smacked Hulk right in the chest with it, leading Hulk to smash into and destroy a large mountain/hill several hundred miles away. Hulk smiled in response and proceeded to treat Skaar like a damn toddler, and Skaar is a low-level high tier himself.

Coincedently, the Meteor that wiped out the Dinosaurs is also theorised to have weighed 100 trillion tons, and using Nukemap we can see an easy estimate of how much damage that caused:

No Caption Provided

That's a continent level hit, and Hulk literally laughed it off without even needing to heal. I believe this should be enough in the blunt force department for now, although I have far more in my ammo bag to further show why your team is going to struggle to even significantly hurt Hulk. Speaking of Skaar, this is the same guy that under Pak, two issues earlier during the same story arc was capable of taking an attack from a gamma amped and bloodlusted Thor in Incredible Hulk #609, also proving capable of harming him to some degree in the same issue with an oldpowered strike...

In fact, Skaar was such a badass that he literally dove into a group of these heroes headfirst along with Korg and held them back for several pages off-panel...

One final example of raw blunt force durability for now as well as attack output, showing what Green Scar can do when Hulk really wants to take someone down as he does here due to being determined and fighting to the best of his abilities. Take for example Red Hulk. Hulk completely no sold his best hit and proceeded to utterly oneshot him. Except he wasn't fighting a normal powered Rulk under Loeb, he was fighting an amped Red Hulk who at the time was powered by the freaking Cosmic Hulk Robot. For any voters who don't know what the Cosmic Hulk Robot was, it was previously a Herald of Galactus, is powered by Cosmic energy, and was powerful enough to lolstomp normal Red Hulk and A-Bomb at the same time under Jeff Parker in Fall of the Hulks: Red Hulk #1,only for Banner to say that it wasn't even on full charge at the time and was only on its startup level...

Rick even makes it seem like it's unstoppable because of how easy it dealt with himself and Ross:

No Caption Provided

The same Cosmic Hulk fought against Red Hulk much later under Loeb and it kicked the shit out of him again, Rulk even goes so far as to admit that even at his full power, the Robot is too overwhelming and it proceeds to basically oneshot him in Hulk #21... Granted he was already injured at the time but the Writers intent with Ross saying "even at my full power" is clear.

Taking all this into account, Ross drained the entirety of the Cosmic Hulk Automaton in Hulk #23 which is the issue directly before his confrontation with Hulk and outright says that with the power of the Cosmic Hulk he feels like he could topple the world...

The scans aren't all next to each other in the Comic but they're the only relevant ones, the latter in particular (the one where Ross mentions the power of the Cosmic Hulk) takes place on the exact same day that he fought Green Scar Hulk and not only failed to damage him...

...But proceeded to get totally >ONE SHOTTED< by a Thunderclap once Green Scar decided he wanted the fight to end in Hulk #24...

I'd recommend voters read this fight with that context in mind because Hulk is blatantly toying with Ross the entire time despite Rulk being amped well beyond his normal levels. Rulk even attempted to drain Green Scar and added some of Hulk's own power to himself but it still wasn't enough. This feat is quite decently relevant to Thor because he's fought Red Hulk on three separate occasions, and disregarding the first two because Rulk was draining him both times, the third time occurred under Jeff Parker in Hulk #26 and Rulk pretty much tanked a huge beating from Thor including a lightning blast, and he wasn't even fighting back for roughly 2/3rds of the entire encounter...

In fact, he manages to stop Mjolnir with his hands and once he decides to fight back actually stands mano to mano with the Odinson himself. This, of course, being a post-Loeb Rulk, whereas Hulk fought a much stronger amped version and stomped him. Granted, an argument could be made that Thor wasn't going all out because he knew that he and Rulk had a mission, but the fact that he risked jeopardizing that mission entirely by beating Ross senseless and that it took an image of Galactus to break them up doesn't give that argument much credence.

Anyway, this should be more than enough for now when it comes to Hulk's blunt force durability and powering through attacks that should have put him down. The Thors are going to have their work cut out for them just dealing with Green Scar, I'm not convinced that they could bring him down even if it was 2 on 1 and to be honest I'd argue that they couldn't. With Chulk here you don't have a chance in hell of putting Green Scar away, or even damaging him significantly.

Energy resistance

Attacking Green Scar with energy based attacks is pretty much pointless, he's ridiculously impervious to them and 99% of the time can just tank them outright without even needing to heal or power through them with his pain tolerance. I couldn't be making a more confident claim when I say that your energy blasts and lightning won't be doing anything significant to him aside from making his hair stand on end due to the electricity. Green Scar has faced pretty much every type of energy based attack that there is and Hulk has tanked Thor's own lightning whilst trying to kill Hulk on at least three different occasions. I have plenty of evidence to support this and I sincerely doubt that you'll come close to cracking this part of the argument.

To kick things off, what better than set the benchmark for this debate by taking it straight to a beyond herald level energy resistance feat. To establish why this feat was so impressive, we need to introduce Armaggedon. Back when Armaggedon first appeared he totally immobilized both Merged Hulk and the Silver Surfer by using Norrin's own blasts against him in Incredible Hulk #416...

The blasts were so powerful that Hulk was literally in a fetal position and even Surfer was completely at Armageddons mercy, Armageddons whole thing is that he can channel other peoples power and use it in Energy blasts. right after the pages shown the exact same blast is redirected at Armageddon and whilst it hurts him, it isn't anything serious as he basically shrugs it off, and he and Norrin proceed to basically end up stalemating off panel whilst Hulk fought Trauma...

In the top right panel of the second scan, Armageddon is hurt but not severely at all

The point I'm getting at here is that this is Armageddon's only energy resistance feat he has at all outside of his showing against Green Scar, and he more or less shrugged off a blast that even Pre annihilation Surfer couldn't deal with. However, in Incredible Hulks #332 Armageddon channeled Hulks energy instead to use against Hulk, and it was strong enough that it could literally tear half of Armaggedons face off, practically melting it...

Again, this is a guy that could ultimately shrug off a blast from Surfer that could put Merged Hulk into a fetal position and leave freaking Norrin himself defenseless. Taking that into account, Hulk powered through the same blast with ease in the same issue that Armageddon was roasted by it...

No Caption Provided

Not only does it show how resilient a pissed off Green Scar is, but it also shows the power he possesses without needing to be in his powered up World Breaker state. He literally walked through a blast superior to one that took down Pre annihilation Silver Surfer, and the blast was powered by his own energy which shows just how much power the guy is packing.

The second example in question to support my stance is a pretty well-known one and probably his most famous durability feat, namely Hulk being attacked by his son... Freaking Hiro Kala, in Incredible Hulks #616. Hiro himself is an incredibly powerful being, in most of his appearances using something called the 'new power', an amalgamation of the power cosmic and the old power. However, in his fight with Hulk, I believe he was mostly using the old power and the world mind of K'ai (the Mars-sized planet they were fighting on). Anyway, Hulk essentially tanked a multitude of blasts from an enraged Hiro-Kala and took basically no damage whatsoever...

Hiro's blasts were so powerful that they appeared as continent-sized balls of light and were actually cracking the entire planet just by him standing still in Incredible Hulks #617. Hiro did this without focusing on anyone in particular, so it's worth noting that attacks actually directed at someone probably hurt more...

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, Hiro Kala is powered and made stronger by anger due to Bruce's blood running through his veins as explained in Son of Hulk #19, ultimately meaning that if he's mad, his blasts are going to be more powerful. To correlate with this point, Hiro explained to Skaar that he was 'broken' in response to skaar telling him that he was breaking the planet, which sounds to me like he's letting loose everything he has and doesn't care about anything anymore. Both scans shown below respectively:

Turns out they aren't actually respective and him describing himself as 'broken' comes first

Now holding all of this in mind, not only did Hulk tank Hiro's attacks throughout their fight, towards the end he outright ignores and no sells them whilst mourning what he believes to be Skaar dying - even being capable of walking through the attack unfazed and proceeding to treat Hiro Kala like a red headed step child, not unlike what he did to Skaar in Incredible Hulks #611. Anyway, I've cropped and highlighted the particular scan in question...

No Caption Provided

In fact, in Incredible Hulk #617 Hiro's blasts were capable of being seen from Earth:

So in summary, we have Hulk literally no selling planet busting blasts from Hiro and tanking them consistently throughout their fight. This is all without even needing to heal or rely on his pain tolerance to pull through, so attacks massively above this level still wouldn't put him down.

This should be sufficient in showcasing that Thor is not going to be hurting Hulk wrangedgaed attacks, although just to be safe and drive home this point, another example shouldn't hurt. Take for example Ghost Rider #13 wherein Johnny blaze attempts to stop Hulk, for starters Blaze is totally unable to even hurt Hulk by dropping a skyscraper on him, but is totally one shotted by Bruce. And before this, he was totally manhandled and "swept aside like nothing" in Johnny's own words...

The third scan comes several pages after the previous two

Anyway, the important part of this fight comes after Ghost Rider is knocked out, when Zarathos comes out to play. Zarathos, of course, being a demon on par with freaking Mephisto. Zarathos bathes Hulk in hellfire which I would describe as another type of energy based attack and is relevant to either heat vision or Sentrys blasts...

The important part to note is that after the initial explosion, the absolute ease in which Hulk bathes in said Hellfire, ultimately being totally unaffected by it and only reacting by giving Zarathos a look of acknowledgment...

No Caption Provided

In my opinion this section should be more than sufficient in showing that your team won't be bothering Hulk at all with ranged blasts - I've shown that Hulk has an incredibly attuned resistance to such tactics and if anything is just going to make Hulk madder, and therefore stronger. At best the Thors might hurt him a bit, at worst... You'll just piss him off and make Hulk hit Thor so damn that a tumor pops out of his face with little lightning sparks flying out of it.

Pain tolerance/healing factor

I've already gone over Hulk's pain tolerance and healing a little, but to emphasise that even further a few examples are in order...

Lets start with Hulk vs Strange possessed by Zom in world war hulk #4, wherein Zom literally put gaping Holes inside of Hulk's stomach and lit magical fireworks off inside, ultimately giving him a far more brutal beating than your entire team working together could ever hope to come close to doing.

As can be seen, Hulk got kicked around and had a mallet hand put through his stomach, which then exploded inside of him whilst strange continually blasted the hole, he then punted Hulk into a building which collapsed on top of him.

Hulk had seconds to recover, and he healed as if nothing had happened:

No Caption Provided

Left is Hulk after being kicked into the building, right is seconds beforehand.

Not only did he heal, but he showed no sign of pain or tiredness when talking to strange and proceeded to basically one shot him. I can't accentuate this enough, Thor is not capable of doing this to Hulk. Zom was punching holes through Hulk's body and beating him like a ragdoll, Thor is not this powerful. Despite a massively superior foe (at the time anyway, I'll explain more in another post...) Hulk kept going because he could take the punishment and heal, if Zom couldn't put this Hulk away, Thor doesn't have a chance.

Next, take for example World war hulk: Gamma Corps #4. Hulk was depowered to grey Hulk levels temporarily, and each member of the gamma corps inflicted an injury on his neck, allowing them to totally snap it. Hulk not only stayed conscious throughout the whole thing, but the second the depowerment wore off he healed instantly and stomped them...

Literally the damn second he turned Green he was up and stomping everything in his way like a badass.

One final example of his pain tolerance can be seen in World War Hulk #3, the military used Adamantium bullets to totally shred him, turning internal organs into swiss cheese:

No Caption Provided

This served only to piss him off, to the point that he proceeded to stand around talking to Strange whilst he was continually peppered with bullets, remaining unfazed by them.

Third scan is a few pages from the other two but illustrates the point better

An argument for his pain tolerance as shown in Planet Hulk, more specifically incredible Hulk #99, is that Hulk actually welcomes pain because he know's it'll just make him stronger...

Ergo, everything that Thor does is going to make Hulk madder until he puts him down, and as I've stressed, Thor isn't coming close to doing that. Another quote from the Planet Hulk novel to summarise Hulk's attitude to anger is this:

No Caption Provided

Knowing that he could be hurt on Sakaar made him grin because he knew that it'd just make him angrier and stronger, unless you turn him to ash or disable his healing factor (which neither of the Thors can do) you aren't KOing him.

This should be enough in terms of damage soak for now, but I have more than an ample amount of evidence in the bag and I'll probably use a few more feats when I get around to countering your post. Moving on though...

My offense vs your defense - Hulk tanketh, then Hulk smacketh

Hulk's biggest advantage here is overall damage soak, but that doesn't mean he can't dish out the hurt as well. Thor is indeed a nasty foe but I don't think he has what it takes to stand mano to mano with Green Scar for more than a short period of time at best, even if Jane was helping him. A big part to consider here is that the two Hulks are benefitted by time, they both have very impressive healing factors and get stronger as fights rage on, Thor and Jane are in a reverse scenario. They take a hit, they have to deal with it for the remainder of the fight, they don't get to rest here. If Hulk has his organs turned to mush, he'll be good to go in a few seconds, stronger than he was before. If Thor gets a punctured organ or a broken rib, he has to fight like that for the whole match and is only going to get weaker whilst the hits coming in get stronger.

Thor will get rocked here and Thor is most certainly the underdog. He's up against a guy that outmatches him in nearly every relevant way and has proven himself capable of flattening people on Thor's own level. Although I have to back this claim, so let's do exactly that...

For starters, I want to clear something up regarding holding back, and Brony, this may be hard to hear but...

...THOR. IS. NOT. SPECIAL.

Virtually every powerhouse out there holds back to some degree, Hulk himself is no different and Green Scar very rarely cuts loose his full power much like Thor. The difference is that Green Scar holds back both consciously and sub-consciously as was confirmed by Amadeus and Hulk himself...

I'm saying this now because I can tell that "buh-but... thor always holds back!!!" is probably going to be a debating point here and I don't want to hear it. It's a mute point, so does Hulk and as per the stipulations of the fight, I don't think there'll be much holding back here for either party.

On to the smacketh

As mentioned before, Hulk has the potential to smack Thor silly and even kill him if it came down to it. The reason I opened this conversation up with holding back is to show you what happens when Green Scar isn't holding back. Take for example Incredible Hulks #625. Hulk was extremely weakened following his beatdown from Zeus and his healing factor was at 7% proficiency due to Zeus's lightning, so weakened in fact that he struggled to fight off a random oversized bird in the previous issue...

No Caption Provided

Despite this, Miek took control of Hulk by attaching a bug to his heart and allowed him to regain some power, and Hulk flat out one-shotted a full powered Skaar with a slap purely because he wasn't controlling himself and couldn't properly pull his punch...

No Caption Provided

Skaar has taken hits from Savage Hulk, Juggernaut, Doc Green and even a physically amped Thor without capitulating like that. The fact that Hulk can do that so effortlessly whilst being weakened to boot shows the kind of power that he's packing. In fact, Hulk's raw power is quite frankly incredible, an example to use would be Hulk's fight with Skrull Bolt at the start of World War Hulk was confirmed to be planetary in scale in Incredible Hulk #107 when a tidal Wave hits a submarine that Hercules, Amadeus, and Angel were using to reach Atlantis...

Namor confirms that he didn't cause the wave, it was Hulks fight on the Moon causing freaking Tidal waves during daylight hours on Earth. Iron Man himself further establishes in World War Hulk #4 that Skrull Bolt knocked a chunk out of the Moon the size of Rhode Island yet Hulk just tanked it...

No Caption Provided

Even more context to note here is that Hulk outright admitted in Incredible Hulks #634 that he was holding back throughout the entirety of World War Hulk as well as Vegas, so this feat is that much more impressive.

So far we have Hulk one-shotting a legit powerhouse in the form of Skaar and fighting Skrull Bolt on a planetary scale and winning said fight, and that's only scraping the iceberg in terms of Green Scar's feats. A feat relevant to this fight is another one you probably saw coming... In Incredible Hulk #107, Hulk combated Hercules and basically beat him to ground in no more than >three< clean hits.

Whilst true that Hercules stopped fighting back after Hulk's first attack, the fact remains that not fighting does not lower durability, and the most important aspect of said fight coming in the second panel of the second scan...

No Caption Provided

After exactly one left hook, Hercules was on the floor defenseless. If Hercules didn't have teammates to slow him down, Herc would have been beaten to a pulp after exactly one good punch was landed. This shows the devastation that Hulk's attacks can cause to people on Thor's level. In fact, Hercules is the closest one can get to being Thor in terms of physicals and Hulk dealt with him in a single punch, and had him broken after three, with Hercules even admitting that Hulk could have killed him if he wanted to.

I don't think that Green Scar is going to end this with one punch, but to be brutally honest, one punch is all it takes to change the tide here. We know how hard Hulk can punch, if he lands a clean shot to Thor's face or body (which let's be honest, is going to happen rather quickly) it's going to do far more lasting damage than vice-versa. I'd hazard to say that Thor dropping Mjolnir is also a very real likelihood in this fight, as Thor has dropped Mjonlir on numerous occasions when hit hard, sometimes by Hulk himself. If that happens, Thor is going to be beaten down very quickly. My opinion on this fight is well known and I don't think it's that close, hand to hand is even worse. If that happens Thor is going to be turned into a stain on the pavement very quickly, allowing Green Scar and Amadeus to beat Jane worse than Mangog (hopefully) will. To back this point, Green Scar rarely ever hits people more than once or twice to keep them down... a few examples below taken from several issues:

1. Breaks Colossus's Arms in one swift move in World War Hulk: X-Men #2
  2. Almost kills the thing in exactly one hit in World War Hulk #2
  3. Drops She Hulk in exactly one hit in World War Hulk #2
  4. Does the same thing to Ares in the same issue
  5. Oneshots Wolverine for several pages in World War Hulk: X-Men #2
  6. Oneshots ZomStrange in World War Hulk #4

Heck, Green Scar is so OP that even classic Wendigo (a being on par with classic savage Hulk) got casually one-shotted by him in Incredible Hulks #631 and Green Scar didn't even seem to be trying...

No Caption Provided

Even a thousandfold amped Wendigo and Bi-Beast couldn't contend with Green Scar, but I'll get to that in time. For now, this should be more than enough in terms of hitting people hard, which covers 50% of Hulk's means of attack. The other half being Thunderclaps...

Hulk clapeth

Thunderclaps are a very in character strategy for Green Scar and can be used to deal with crowds, hit someone from range or just open them up for an attack. In terms of relevancy here, Green Scar can use them in a 360-degree angle if he get's attacked from more than one side and needs space, as Doc Green proved against Ironmans mansion in Original sin: Hulk vs Iron man #3.

No Caption Provided

In terms of damage output and raw power, aside from oneshotting amped Rulk (which is already enough to prove that Thor will be severely hurt), there's another rather well known feat... First, let's use Thor Annual #9 wherein Thor himself using freaking Mjolnir fails to break a Magic barrier in the Dark Dimension that was used to keep out billions of Mindless Ones because they were a genuine threat to the whole Dark Dimension (Umar and Dormammu's realm) in numbers...

No Caption Provided

The barrier was again showcased in Defenders #2 wherein Pre Core-breach Savage Hulk materialized on the other side because Strange made a miscalculation when teleporting to the Dark Dimension. Hulk was literally pounding on the barrier and couldn't so much as make a dent...

Suffice to say the barrier is durable as hell and back in 2005 Hulk couldn't come close to even making it buckle as well as Thor in Classic days with a single Mjolnir throw. It's also worth noting that whilst he wasn't being stomped, the Mindless ones were actually overwhelming the Hulk because of their numbers and Dormmamu implied that they'd eventually wear him down and win and he most certainly wasn't dominating the fight at all...

No Caption Provided

The reason I'm showing these instances is because inIncredible Hulks #632 Green Scar Hulk is shown as ripping the Mindless Ones to shreds with ease, like literally dominating a horde of them to the point that he pushed back their entire Army and allowed Umar to restore the Magic Barrier that previously kept them out...

Later in Incredible Hulks #634 Hulk Thunderclaps so damn hard that he launches Fing Fang Foom into the barrier and shatters the thing...

No Caption Provided

This is a very impressive feat to say the least and one that no one on your team could come close to without using their aboslute best attacks, nor could they tank if Hulk opted to use a similar amount of force on them in this battle. It also shows Green Scar's blatant superiority to previous Hulk incarnations making Thor and Hulk's previous fights irrelevant where Hulk's shortcomings are concerned. The feat is made even more impressive because Umar stole some of Eternity's power from Dormammu in 2005 and it was confirmed in The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange that Umar still had some of those powers. This was published in 2016, a decade after Umar first gained those powers whereas the scans with Green Scar comes from 2011, ergo, Umar was more powerful during Paks run when she erected the Barrier as opposed to the previous two showings of the Barrier, particularly the one where Thor fails to break it...

creds to Lord Platinum
creds to Lord Platinum

Suffice to say, Hulk's thunderclaps can be used at will, take no time to charge, and will most certainly do a significant amount of damage to either Jane or Thor, if not both of them. Thunderclaps are also an effective way of helping out Amadeus if that fight gets tough, and if Jane gets hit by a full powered thunderclap with her back turned it can and will cause severe damage to her, allowing Amadeus to pounce.

Strongest one there is

I doubt this point will be debated much, but Hulk is certainly the strongest character here by quite a large margin and if it came down to a grapple, he could probably manhandle both Jane and Thor at the same time if he had to. I won't spend too much time here since it isn't that relevant, but just to prove my point...

For now, in Incredible Hulk #102, Pre core breach Green Scar literally pulled Sakaar back together, Pre-core breach meaning this was before he was amped to current levels and is now much stronger...

Read middle, left, then right

Sakaar itself is a planet 1/3 larger than the earth...

No Caption Provided

I shouldn't need to use any more strength feats, but I do have an abundance of them if it gets brought up for whatever strange reason.

Bromance advantage and fight strategy

As I said, Hulk is the most powerful character here and to be honest I'd be equally confident as I am in this match without Amadeus, but him being here not only evens the numbers, but brings a much more significant advantage than can be said for Jane and Thor...

Bromance

Banner is like a father figure to Amadeus, not only is he Amadeus's mentor, but he's also his idol and Banner holds him in such high regard that Bruce considered him a member of his family along with people like Betty, Skaar and Rick Jones in The Fallen. Amadeus cares about Bruce in a similar light, to the point that Carol Danvers had the Ultimates, some Avengers, and an army of shield Agents with her when she went to check in on Amadeus after Banner's death out of fear of him being pissed off. Suffice to say, they care about each other allot. Same case with Thor and Jane.

Picture if you will, Jane accidentally gets her neck snapped in this fight, Thor is gonna go berserk and start hitting with everything he has if he wasn't already. But that's it.

If Amadeus or Bruce get hurt (or somehow killed, as impossible as that is in Green Scar's case) they aren't just going to start letting loose more, they're going to get a huge amp due to the rage boost involved. If something bad happens to Amadeus, Bruce is going to get significantly more powerful in every single way, and the reverse is true for Cho. Setting aside my view of Green Scar and the fact that he could beat your team black and blue on his own, taking either of these Hulk's down is not going to bring you an advantage, it's just going to make the other one significantly stronger whilst your team still bears the injuries from the previous fight. This isn't a 'battle', this is a two-stage friggin boss fight and getting past stage one is only going to introduce an even harder stage 2. Personally, I don't think you'll come close to bringing down Green Scar, and I doubt you'll beat Amadeus either, but if you somehow drop Cho, Bruce is gonna pull out Thor's teeth and beat Jane to death with them. As an example of this rage boost, in Hulk #12 Doc Green attempted to engage Omega who was in the process of stomping the Gamma Corps, he was slapped away repeatedly until he got angry because Omega wouldn't tell him where Lyra was and proceeded to absolutely crush him...

Imagine this, but with a far stronger Hulk and a far bigger rage boost.

Fight strategy

In all honesty, Bruce can take down Thor in a variety of ways, he can either just straight up charge at him and beat him down whilst powering through his attacks and he most certainly has the physicality to do so. He can stun Thor with a thunderclap and utilize those stuns to land big hits, each one wearing Thor down as the fight goes on. Or he can utilize the classic 'rope-a-dope' and take attacks from Thor until he spots a good chance and hits him where it hurts, dishing a huge amount of damage in precise hits. Hulk is just the more powerful guy here and holds every advantage he needs to beat Thor to the ground in an extremely convincing fashion and help out Amadeus in flattening Jane. Heck, Hulk could take Jane and Thor at the same time and cripple the both of them.

Outside of the raw physical gap, Green Scar is also different to any other Hulk that Thor has faced due to his use of tactics in battle. Green Scar learns extremely quickly and during his time on Planet Hulk adapted to situations on the fly. For example when he fought the Red King for the first time where he learned to fight with a sword as if he'd been using it for years, actually making a mockery of the Red King despite being at his absolute weakest on Sakaar...

Due to his lack of raw power, Hulk started performing friggin acrobatics to beat the Red King and this same fight was visualized in Incredible Hulk #92...

In terms of relevancy to Thor, the only thing keeping this fight kinda debateable is Mjolnir. Without Mjolnir, Thor is screwed, plain and simple. The fact that Green Scar has shown the capability to adapt on the fly to many new situations (I have more examples to back this point) is enough to claim that he'll be able to adapt to many old ones even easier. Hulk knows that Mjolnir is a pain in the ass, and although he doesn't need to deal with it to win, doing so will make it that much easier. Hulk isolating Thor from Mjolnir is another very likely scenario and one he can accomplish in a myriad of ways. This can be done by Hulk either waiting for Thor to throw it and dodging it like he's done before such as in Avengers: Season One...

I have more examples like this if needed
I have more examples like this if needed

Or Hulk can just smack him really hard to make him drop it like he did in The Sub-Mariner #35 or Avengers #1...

Or alternatively, Hulk can just force Thor to drop Mjolnir by targeting one of his limbs for an assault like when he crushed Strange's hands in World War Hulk #3, snapped an alien's arm in Thor vs Hulk: Champions of the Universe #5 or when he deliberately targeted Wolverine's head in World War Hulk: X-Men #2...

Each of these represents a different type of attack variation that Hulk could apply to make Thor either drop Mjolnir or struggle to wield it entirely. In fact, if Amadeus is hurt and Green Scar gets a rage boost, he could most certainly do something like snap Thor's arm in a similar manner to what Doc Green did to Red Hulk after he got pissed off inHulk #14 or what Merged Hulk did to Abombination with one arm when he thought Rick was in danger in Incredible Hulk #383...

An angry Green Scar most certainly has the strength to do this, especially since physically, Thor isn't dramatically above someone like Red Hulk Take all of this into account along with the potential rage boost advantage and you begin to see why this is Hulk's fight to lose.

Counters

In the interest of not having a huge post, I'm not going to go into too much detail with counters for now, I'll just address some things as I feel that rest of my post speaks for itself. I'm not going to touch on speed either as I find it a rather pointless endeavor as neither Hulk nor Thor are speedsters, nor are they going to struggle in landing hits.

Regarding Physical strength

I have some issues here as I'm sure doesn't surprise you, one instance, in particular, irks me and I'm sure you already know which one it is before I even mention it...

Thor has been shown capable of completely stalemating classic Hulk in strength who at the time was stated to be enraged, not just in a brief scuffle, but for an entire hour straight! The Hulk's anger would be continually increasing during that time, yet even after an hour the Hulk could not overcome Thor in a test of muscle.

This a poor example, Brony. Not only is Classic Hulk completely outdated in terms of power in comparison to Green Scar, but the whole instance makes absolutely zero sense. Hulk's power works by increasing over time with anger, Thor and Hulk started the lock as equals and ended as dead equals. Both were trying to overpower the other. Now either Hulk's amping wasn't taken into account, or Thor was making minute adjustments whenever Hulk got stronger so they stayed equal, implying that he could have easily overpowered Hulk but didn't because... He liked holding hands? Which one makes more sense to you?

Luckily, it doesn't matter which one you think makes more sense, because John Cimino (writer at the Hero Envy blog) already asked the writer why he wrote the instance and this was the response:

"This issue sparks a lot of controversy due to the “90 minute test of strength” The Hulk and Thor have in this fight. So I personally asked Defender’s writer Steve Englehart about it in 2011 and he wrote me this:

I just found them both to have a claim on "strongest thing around," and couldn't decide for myself who was stronger, so I went with "not proven."

Ergo, the writer wasn't really taking into account their respective powers, he just couldn't make up his mind so comes down to a case of WIS considering Hulk's rage amping clearly wasn't taken into account here.

So while this feat may not be exactly equal to the force of a neutron star it is very close to it and once again shows that while WWH may be stronger than Thor, the thunder god can surely stand his ground. This feat is also out of chulk's league, coinciding with my view that Thor outclasses chulk in strength. Now, before either of you go claiming PIS or trying to debunk this feat, just know almost all the same criticisms can be used to claim Hulk's star level feat is irrelevant. Either way, by feats Thor is able to contend in a test of strength.

Thor isn't competing with Hulk in strength, period. I have my gripes with the Star level feat and I don't plan on bringing Hulk's own one just yet, but aside from that all of your feats are literally just mountain level aside from one where he fixes a Moon... Like, Hulk has physically overpowered Thor/Thor-level beings on a multitude of occasions in far weaker forms than Green Scar, Thor won't be contending with Hulk at all when it comes to strength because to be blunt, if he tries to he's gonna get clobbered. I find it strange that you'd attempt to fight me on this front because you're literally just playing into my hands, Hulk's whole shtick is physical strength, but if you wanna dance, I can tango with the best of them...

...Hulk already overpowered Thor and Ironman at the same time in a relatively calm state back in Classic days during Hulk Smash Avengers #1, in fact this was one of Hulk's weakest incarnations ever as it canonically takes place during the first few Avengers issues...

Hulk also casually walked through a blast from The Promoter that was completely immobilizing both Thor and Champion at the same time, the funny part being that Hulk even admitted that he wasn't angry at all to the point that he turned back to Banner in Thor vs Hulk: Champions of the Universe #6...

Hulk not mad, but Thor sure is

Post core breach Hulk also rather easily smashed through a bunker that Unworthy Thor (same physical stats as regular Thor) couldn't scratch in Secret Empire #6, with Tony's AI outright noting that Odinson isn't strong enough to breach the shielding...

So how do Hydra get in?

No Caption Provided

Resurrect the one person strong enough to do it of course.

No Caption Provided

I noticed that you somehow tried to make this a feat for Thor, so I'll tear that to shreds when I get to it as well.

Since you mentioned Hercules, Hulk also treated him like a ragdoll in Incredible Hulk #321 along with Ironman, Namor and Wonder Man and did so throughout the next issue despite becoming weaker as the fight went on due to his seperation from Banner...

This is a multitude of instances of Hulk absolutely manhandling Thor, someone equivalent to Thor and surpassing Thor directly in physical tasks. I've shown Hulk pull a planet back together whilst weakened, I've shown him manhandle Rulk, I've shown him snap Abombinations arm nigh effortlessly along with doing the same to Rulk - and this is all from incarnations of Hulk much weaker than Green Scar. Green Scar has already beaten Herc to a pulp and he's Thor's physical equal as you endorsed in your own post. If it comes to a grapple, Thor is going to die. I wouldn't recommend fighting me on this point because I have plenty of examples to use if I need to, I'd concede here and focus your efforts somewhere more debatable.

Regarding striking power

The above are very impressive but still arent even close to Thor's best.

The above feats were pointless. I've shown Hulk tank Planet shattering energy beams, no sell an amped Red Hulk's best hits, no sell a continent level hit, and get straight back up after having a Planetary level hit go off inside his body whilst incredibly weakened and Pre-core breach. The showings posted above were literally all city level at best, Mountain level at worst.

If Thor hits Green Scar like that, Hulk is going to laugh in his face and slap him to the Moon. Moving on.

Also, I have no idea what you're talking about with the Loki thing because Loki has legit admitted that Hulk beats him up whenever they fight.

Even without mjolnir Thor has striking strength on par or superior to the likes of Savage Hulk post-core breach.

During Secret Empire Unworthy Thor (who was conflicted and holding back due to his misgivings about hydra) was sent to attack the resistance base which was inside of a mountain. Not only did Thor bust up the mountain, but he made a hue dent in Stark's shielding:

Now i must address the statement made by Stark that even Odinson didn't have the strength to break the shielding, as you guys @battle123axe/@thedailybagel are likely going to claim this proves Hulk hits as hard as Thor. Firstly, Thor at this time, as i mentioned previously, was conflicted about his allegiance to hydra and he held back against the resistance several times in the event so we have no reason to assume Thor struck Stark's base using his full power. Secondly, Stark has been wrong many times about what his inventions can stand up to (the hulk buster anyone?) so his word is not the final authority. Thirdly, in the comic it was shown that the base was specially shielded against magic (scan) which would further decrease Thor's effectiveness as both he and his weapon are magical in nature. To sum the feat up:

• Thor was not using his full strength and didn't have his most powerful weapon (mjolnir).
  • The base was specially defended against magic, thus weakening Thor's attack further.
  • Thor still managed to make a huge dent in the base, which looks to almost have broken through.

I appreciate the effort you've made to try and counter me in advance, but the problem here is you literally making shit up to try and turn a good showing of Hulks into a feat for Thor. I'm just going to tackle each of your bullet points one by one to show the voters that this is just plain nonsense.

• This is you just fabricating things. There was no indication that Thor was holding back at all, not even a throwaway line to hint at it. In fact, before he hits the Bunker you can literally see Thor muttering "forgive me" under his breath, then screaming it at the top of his lungs in your own scan. Now I'm not a genius, but if someone is basically praying to themselves for forgiveness about something they're about to do, they aren't then going to half-ass said action because then they wouldn't have a reason to feel guilty about doing it. Thor tried to break the Bunker, yes he felt guilty, but that is not the same as holding back.
  • This is even more nonsense. Thor's physical attributes aren't powered by magic so cut the crap. Tony literally says that the defenses are mystical in nature and they were countering >SCARLETT WITCH<, not Thor...
Holding up nicely against Scarlett Witch, Thor isn't mentioned at all, the writer's intentions are extremely clear
Holding up nicely against Scarlett Witch, Thor isn't mentioned at all, the writer's intentions are extremely clear
  • He caused a dent. Cool. Hulk smashed the thing. Tony specifically said that Thor wasn't strong enough to get in and Hulk was revived by Hydra specifically because he was the only one capable of breaking the barrier. Hydra would not have gone out of their way to revive Bruce if they thought that there was another way to get in utilizing one of their own team such as Thor. The instance in question was very purposely formed to give the "wow" moment when Hulk smashed the barrier, the whole "even Odinson isn't strong enough" line was very intentionally placed there to foreshadow someone stronger breaking through.

Brony, you're literally trying to turn a feat where Hulk definitively proves superior to Thor into one that somehow proves that Thor hits harder than post core breach Savage Hulk.

Are you serious? For the voters, ignore Brony. The issue number is Secret Empire #6 and can be found online if you want to check the context yourselves.

With Mjolnir Thor is able to dominate Hulk, effectively taking no damage while on the flip-side hulk is bleeding and even sitting on the ground afraid. Hulk refused to fight Thor and resorted to using a hostage to get Thor to drop Mjolnir.

Thor #385
Thor #385

This isnt the only time classic Hulk was beat down by mjolnir. In Hulk: let the battle begin it only takes a holding back Thor 4 hammer strikes to have Hulk's entire face oozing blood:

Hulk: Let the battle begin

As for the context for how the fight ended, Thor thought the battle was over and Hulk took advantage of this to get a cheapshot on Thor with his own hammer (which did not ko him, only stunned him for a bit and drew some blood) then hulk ran away. Thor clearly won the fight as when he was actually fighting Hulk was getting dominated, however whatever you want to think about the outcome you cannot deny Thor's feat of drawing a copious amount of blood from Hulk with only 4 mjolnir strikes.

You're making this too easy for me my friend. Thus far your arguments have been built on a few mountain level feats and a feat of Hulk's which you bizarrely tried to claim was good for Thor. Now you're using a few cherry-picked instances of Thor getting the upper hand against Classic Hulk to prove that he can harm Green Scar. Before I explain why these instances are flawed, do not compare Classic Hulk and Green Scar. Green Scar is an abundantly more powerful being as I've already demonstrated, in fact, let's compare his durability to Classic Hulk:

No Caption Provided

The above scan takes place during Incredible Hulks #634 and Green Scar is utterly ignoring attacks from Bi-Beast, Wendigo, and Armageddon at the same time. Bi-Beast and Wendigo have both done decently against Classic Savage Hulk, and Armageddon stomped merged Hulk. Green Scar is powerful enough to treat them like insects. So let's not pretend that your examples mean anything here, using an instances against another, weaker Hulk is not how you'll win this debate.

Out your two instances, the first not only had Hulk very out of character by grabbing a woman as a hostage, and whilst Thor certainly showed a superiority in this specific fight, of which there are dozens, it also showed that Classic Hulk was Thor's physical superior. They proceed to have a fistfight and go back and forth for a while, until Thor hits Hulk into an Oil car... Which only pisses Hulk off and he proceeds to stomp the crap out of Thor, only struggling to keep Thor down, ultimately leaving because he beat Thor black and blue and proved his point...

As for other context which you seemingly ignored, one of the bigger reasons that post-core breach Hulk is superior to pre-core breach (especially Classic Hulk) is because his 'baseline' strength is significantly higher. What I mean by this is that he's stronger naturally without rage boosting, Classic Hulk relied on his rage boosting far more than Green Scar does because Green Scar is OP as hell anyway without getting super angry. In both of your instances, Thor beat on a Hulk that wasn't that angry to start with, and in Hulk: Let the battle begin Thor was such a genius that he just dropped his guard and allowed Hulk to beat him into unconsciousness with his own arm...

No Caption Provided

To further back my point on Classic Hulk's rage boosting, take for example either Incredible Hulk #270 or Incredible Hulk Annual #15. In the former instance, Abombination was amped by Galaxy master to at least twice the Hulk's strength and beat on him for about a page... Until Hulk got angry and literally started strangling Abombination with one arm to the point that Blonsky was literally shitting himself with fear...

And in the latter instance, Grey Hulk was beaten quite handily by Abombination, was getting beat on again, then Blonsky mentioned Betty, which as you can imagine just made Hulk made and he proceeded to beat Blonsky senseless in his weakest form...

Classic Hulk needed time or outside stimuli to amp his strength to high levels, if he wasn't angry, he wasn't as powerful as he could be. The difference with Green Scar and any other Post-core breach Hulk is that they start at beastmode from the get-go and only get stronger.

To put it bluntly Brony, your Blunt force feats aren't on the ballpark needed to cause Green Scar issues here. Sorry.

Regarding durability

Neither of these Hulks are going to be blasting Thor with ray-beams or detonating nukes on his head, they are purely going to be using Blunt force along with an occasional thunderclap, Thor taking energy blasts or having his lungs transmutated or enduring pain are all cool feats, but irrelevant. Hulk doesn't have eye beams, he isn't performing magic tricks, he isn't torturing Thor, he's just hitting him hard enough to split his skull in two. I see that you're trying to take a page out of my book with the pain tolerance argument, but unfortunately, Thor has been KOed time, and time, and time again without someone performing hocus pocus on him or needing to beat him half to death with all of his organs destroyed.

The problem for you is that Green Scar has not. He consistently get's straight back up after everything, whereas Hulk himself has knocked out Thor on a multitude of occasions. I'm not going to address everything here because my post is already more than sufficient in countering these instances, the one argument I have a problem with is this...

Thor not only tanks an MFTL blitz from deathseed Sentry, he also tanks a punch that shakes the entire planet (after getting hit Thor flies back and bullrushes Sentry immediately). Death seed Sentry is more powerful than the Sentry (unstable) who fought Hulk, and not only fought him but actually fought to the point where both tired out and reverted to human form:

World war Hulk #5

As can be seen above Unstable Sentry equaled Hulk, being shown to bruise and make him bleed and even tax him to the point where WWH reverted to banner. Greg Pak also confirms this in an interview with IGN, where the interviewer states Hulk/Sentry tired out one another and Pak agrees:

No Caption Provided

Thusly, Thor tanked attacks from a version of Sentry superior to WWH and was able to continue on fighing just fine, even recovering immediatey from the planet shaking punch to summon lightning and bullrush DS right back.

Um, dude, are you blind? Sentry isn't blitzing, he's just flying Thor at high speeds and smacking him into the ground. Thor is dangling in Sentry's arms long enough for him to have a freaking monologue that consisted of something like 10 sentences. Thor did not "tank" anything. Furthermore, Sentry was explicitly holding back against Thor...

No Caption Provided

The guy literally says "Be calm. I'm not going to kill you" which implies that he damn well could if he wanted to and to be honest he could have probably taken off Thor's head with a punch if he chose to. Moving on from that, you're also being very misleading to the voters by claiming that Thor "bullrushed Sentry back immediately" because your scans don't actually come from issue 11, they come from issue 10 and Thor doesn't bullrush Bob back until halfway through issue 11. At which point Sentry decides to play peek-a-boo with Thor and oneshot him with an eye beam...

No Caption Provided

The showing isn't as impressive as you're pretending it is because Thor got smacked down three times and there's zero on panel evidence that he tanked any of these hits, in fact, it's quite the opposite and Sentry was holding back to boot.

As for WWH vs Sentry, the big difference is that whilst Sentry was unstable, he was cutting loose with everything he had. Hulk was not. He openly admitted he was holding back, and reached a new level of anger straight away, not to mention his overall showings of power increased even more after World War Hulk. This is a poor attempt at lowballing Hulk in this fight as you were 100% aware of the context involved yet chose to ignore it.

Regarding lightning

Again, I'm not going to over every feat listed in the interest of time and the fact that my post is more than substantial at this point. I'm only going to respond to the two points that I have an issue with.

Thor with a casual lightning bolt has caused the Hulk to black out (i wont say KO, as that gets people riled up when discussing this feat, but hulk was totally limp and unable to move for several moments) and the residual energy of a massive lightningstorm Thor summoned was able to KO indestructible Hulk (who has the best durability of any canon hulk other than WWH) for 30 seconds, turning him back into banner. The above two feats are enough to show that Thor's lightning will do grave damage to Chulk and harm WWH.

Now, i know you both will contend that this is somehow inconsistent and that Thor should not be capable of doing this to classic/indestructible hulk by citing instances where Thor hit hulk with lightning and it didnt hurt him as badly; however this argument on your part would be flawed for the following reasons:

• The above scans occurred in Hulk's own books, so you cannot really claim author bias.
  • It is unreasonable to dismiss feats based on other cherry-picked instances. A character is not going to replicate the same feat every time they fight a given character because different authors have different ideas of how fights should go or they simply wish to write fights in new and interesting ways.

I find it very ironic that you're telling me not to use "cherry picked instances" then proceed to use the only two times that Thor's lightning has caused any significant damage to Hulk in their entire publication history. This is very hypocritical to say the least and your entire counter-argument to me genuinely just boils down to "f*ck consistency". I'm not claiming Author bias nor did I ever intend on it, what I am claiming is the inconsistency with said showings and the fact that you deliberately left out context in both instances.

In terms of consistency, Thor has hit Hulk with lightning a ridiculous number of times, some of which whilst explicitly going for the kill, and it hasn't had nearly the same effect in all of these fights.

Take for instance Avengers vs Atlas #3 where pre-core breach Hulk repeatedly manhandles Thor, even with one arm, and then tanks a lightning charged attack from Thor along with everyone else combined, then just shrugs it off with minimal damage...

I only included the scans with Thor in them

Or how about Hulk: let the battle begin (your own example that you brought up) where Hulk tanks an off-panel lightning bolt?

No Caption Provided

Not enough? How about Incredible Hulk #300 where an explicitly not holding back Thor bombards Hulk with huge lightning strikes, lightning amped attacks, and his best Mjolnir strikes only for Hulk to keep shrugging it off whilst being more or less completely unharmed...

Throughout the fight Thor is repeatedly calling down lightning bolts, and this isn't a regular brawl, Thor is going for the kill here, he's literally shouting things like "to the death!" and the narration confirms that "each is bent on the others destruction". This should be more than enough, but how about we keep going and show the voters how nonsensical your point actually is. The final example I'll use for now comes from Incredible Hulk #440 and depicts merged Hulk stalemating warrior's madness Thor, who yet again, is explicitly going for the kill against Hulk and had that intention before he even entered Warriors madness, Hulk, on the other hand, was not...

So I have four instances across different writers, two of which Thor was going for the kill, each shows a weaker Hulk than Indestructible Hulk and a far weaker one than Green Scar, and Hulk dealt with lightning just fine. This along with my other feats should put this side of the debate firmly on my side of the fence.

------------------------------------------------------

In terms of your own missing context, aside from Hulk being fine again in mere moments, Hulk proceeded to do the exact same thing to Thor in merely three hits...

Along with the fact that Hulk had been fighting Thor previously, actually severely harming him in a prior engagement to the point that Thor had to "slowly" and "painfully" drag himself from rubble...

These scans are a few pages apart

And this is all disregarding the fact that Hulk had been fighting monsters for hours on end before he fought Thor again and got stunned by the lightning bolt. Context and Consistency are on my side here.

------------------------------------------------------

As for the Indestructible Hulk instance, the bit that you decided to leave out is that Hulk was in the blast radius so it wasn't just 'residue' energy, he tanked Thor's attack better than Thor himself did...

I mean, come now... Not only is this inconsistent, but Thor unleashed so much power that he KOed himself. Let alone the fact that whilst Indestructible Hulk was very powerful, this was not because of Waid. Most of his best feats came from other writers during this time period and Hulk wasn't written to be that powerful in his solo series, Waid actually explained Hulk's varying levels of intelligence and power in his solo series in Indestructible Hulk #11...

Zarkko explained that the Chronarchists were screwing with Hulk's timeline, changing which Hulk came out in the present. This would of course have a knock on effect to his power level due to influencing his levels of anger and intelligence. When Thor was around, Hulk was very noticeably calmer and in control when compared to the rest of the series, ergo, I highly doubt he was at his strongest.

I have more gripes with this section of your post, but I'll save them for the real rebuttal.

As for the last part of your post, there's only two parts that I really want to touch on for now...

Thor oneshot KO's abomination, a character who was always a threat to the Hulk and had a higher base strength than classic hulk.

I know this was directed at Battle123axe, but this is just completely untrue. Hulk doesn't have a 'base' strength and Abombination was never on par with Hulk outside of his first few appearances. Hulk repeatedly clowned him throughout the 80s and 90s, I've already posted three examples on this very post. Blonsky was literally crying in a fetal position at the thought of having to fight Hulk in Incredible Hulk #288...

No Caption Provided

If you're going to make such silly claims then at least do some research man.

As for WWH, the opponent i am supposed to be matched up with, i cannot give exact counters yet as you @thedailybagel have not posted. However, from what ive read of your debates in cavs/battleforums you will likely try to contend that WWH is superior enough physically to take Thor down quickly with his strikes and tank Thor's own strikes with his durability/damage soak without much trouble. I must disagree.

Secret Avengers #27

Thor prior to this fight had battled the Phoenix Force and was severely injured by it, so much so that he had to have his entire body wrapped in a caste and the Vision said his injuries were severe:

Yet as can be seen in the above scans, even while severely injured Thor was able to tank several attacks from Phoenix empowered Mar-Vel and even overpower Mar-Vel physically, making him bleed with his strikes. Mar-Vel while powered by a fraction of the Phoenix Force was able to oneshot Captain Britain and Vision, who has tanked attacks from the likes of Hyperion, Count Nefaria and Ultron (1,2,3).

The above isnt an outlier, Thor is consistently able to contend with even the most powerful herald tiers. When healthy, Thor was able to fight PF5 Emma Frost with 1/5 of the Phoenix Force. Thor didnt simply harm Emma, he destroyed her physical form in three strikes! The only reason she was able to return and win is because the PF made her immortal and reformed her on the spot:

AvX #4

This was the final part of your post that I had serious problems with. You're completely misleading voters on both of these examples, if I hadn't each of these comics and the comics related to them (particularly the one with Emma) you would've misled me too. Luckily, I have and I can yet again call out the nonsense. In you're example from Secret Avengers #27, you made it seem as though Thor had actually done something significant to Mar-Vel, I decided to read the issue myself and discovered he didn't at all. Literally the very next page that you neglected to post shows that Mar-Vel doesn't have a scratch on his body, and proceeds to KO Thor in one zap from his own lightning bolt...

No Caption Provided

Leaving this kind of stuff out will lose you debates, Thor didn't actually accomplish anything here yet you sold it as some amazing feat of power when it clearly wasn't. As for your example from AvX #4, I'm genuinely astounded that you actually think that Thor did well there. Emma was playing with him, she reformed straight away and proceeded to beat the lightning out of him...

Before you say it, no, Thor didn't 'overpower' Emma nor did she get shattered due to Thor's 'overwhelming' power. I'm 100% certain in claiming that she just did that to toy with him. I'm so confident in that claim because as powerful as the Pheonix force is, the differences in power among the Pheonix five were negligible once they became the Pheonix five. Ergo, they were all roughly equal and Thor was consistently beaten black and blue whenever he engaged one of them. For example, Cyclops with 1/5th of the PF blocked Mjolnir with a single finger and blasted Thor away like a child in Avengers vs X-Men #6...

No Caption Provided

Then Thor also got clobbered by Namor in Avengers vs X-Men #8 despite hitting him with a huge hit from behind, something that Namor basically igColossus

Then Thor along with an entire Avengers team were stomped in the next issue by Magik and Colossus who each had 1/4 of the PF between them...

No Caption Provided

I don't need to go on, the point is that Emma was dead equals with people that consistently wrecked Thor and no sold his best hits. She wasn't actually struggling against him.

Since we're here, what better way to close out this post than show Emma with half of the PF actually struggling against someone, namely big green himself... In Avengers vs X-Men #11 Hulk slammed her into the ground and was fighting her off page solo, the next time we see him he's tanking a blast from her and actually softened her up enough that Scott (who was also damaged at the time) was able to one-shot her and take the Pheonix Force for himself...

Conclusion

• Hulk is stronger, has the power to severely damage either Thor with his attacks and is the most physically imposing person here by a large margin
  • Hulk is too durable, he can tank whatever both Thors can dish out and is just flat out impossible to keep down. Even if you were able to significantly damage him, he can heal in seconds and endure whatever you give due to his pain tolerance, but you won't be hurting him that badly anyway
  • Green Scar is a tactical fighter that can utilize utilise strategy to bring Thor down
  • If Cho gets hurt, Green Scar is going to become a different kind of monster due to the rage amp
  • Assuming this fight goes the distance, Green Scar and Cho will only get stronger, Jane and Thor will only get weaker
  • Green Scar is flat out too powerful for Thor here, I've countered allot of your post and you left out lots of needed context
  • Ultimately, this is Hulks fight to lose and I personally believe he can solo

Best of luck in your replies, Balls in your court now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice post,

why must you make such long openers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thedailybagel  Moderator

@_kingoflatveria:

why must you make such long openers

I said it would be before agreeing to the CAV. You or Brony don't have to directly reply to any of it if you don't want to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: nah its fine, I'll my 2nd post up prolly in the next 4 days

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#99 darthjhawk  Moderator

@thedailybagel: We haven't interacted before, but I gotta say, that was a damn good post. I knew Hulk was OP but geez.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DrPepperMan

Haven't read post yet, PLEASE tell me TDB brought up Hiro Kala giving hulk a nosebleed.