2021 MechaGodzilla (GvK) vs 2019 King Ghidorah (KoTM)

• 148 results
Avatar image for presidenttrump3
PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now that videos of MechaGodzilla's fight with Godzilla and Kong have leaked all over the internet, how do the two antagonists match up? MG was very impressive. He curbstomped a skullcrawler, Godzilla and Godzilla+Kong until the great ape received a power up. We all know what King Ghidorah can do. Who wins?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the speed and skill buff Godzilla himself got in this one I think MG would outright bully Ghidorah

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'll go with Mecha G more often than not my reasons are :

- larger and more agile than Godzilla

- stronger longer claw arms that could easily grab one neck/head each.

- lots of artillery to slow down or distract.

- rocket propulsion for movement or boost attacks.

- "Laser atomic breath" seemed to be even more powerful than Gojis already buffed breath.

- tail spike/drill

Just to add Ghidorah needed the volcanos energy to regenerate its not something he can just do on a whim.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Agreed. MG appears to be the perfect counter to KG due to his extreme versatility.

Avatar image for deactivated-607f2cb9260f9
deactivated-607f2cb9260f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin should win handily

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mechagodzilla could honestly stomp. The way he was bullying Godzilla is something Ghidorah never really came close to, even if Godzilla might’ve been tired from fighting Kong.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator

Title is a spoiler....

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Sanjee007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't Ghidorah's emp shut down mechagodzilla??

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanjee007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca: it knocked off a lot of fighter jets.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack_Hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Ghidorah wins. Mechagodzilla beat an exhausted Godzilla while Ghidorah was winning against a Godzilla buffed by Monarch's nuke and only lost to Burning Godzilla.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanjee007: That wasn’t really an EMP, it was a blast of lightning that destroyed those jets.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_hart: Mechagodzilla absolutely bullied Godzilla though and later overpowered Kong and Godzilla before Kong got his axe charged up. Ghidorah was losing against Godzilla up until he got a buff of his own.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 krisbishop  Moderator

IMO Ghidorah wins. Mechagodzilla beat an exhausted Godzilla while Ghidorah was winning against a Godzilla buffed by Monarch's nuke and only lost to Burning Godzilla.

Jack_Hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca: Mechagodzilla fought a Godzilla exhausted from fighting Kong. The Godzilla that Ghidorah fought in Boston was supercharged by Monarch's nuke.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20 frozen  Moderator

Honestly I don't think GZ was exhausted at all... he seemed very ready for Mecha G, even charging straight at him.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't MechaGodzilla simply be able to hold two of Ghidorah's heads in each claw and incinerate the middle one with his laser beam?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the speed and skill buff Godzilla himself got in this one I think MG would outright bully Ghidorah

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_hart: Godzilla was not all that exhausted even after his fight with Kong, nevermind that the nuke amp seems permanent if you compare Godzilla’s atomic breath and speed in GvK to his pre-nuke fights.

kDaViD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah was winning against a boosted Godzilla so he would definetly do a lot better than Godzilla did , but I am not sure if he could win this

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Based on what I’ve heard, mecha G wins. I’ll have to wait to see for myself though. It depends whether or not Godzilla was weakened after his fight with Kong, and to what extent. But it sounds like he wasn’t *that* weakened and he got completely destroyed.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

ActuallyVishnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers:

Godzilla didnt even lay a scratch on mecha godzilla and at one point even got blitzed by mecha godzilla lol. MG should win.

ActuallyVishnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what I’ve heard, mecha G wins. I’ll have to wait to see for myself though. It depends whether or not Godzilla was weakened after his fight with Kong, and to what extent. But it sounds like he wasn’t *that* weakened and he got completely destroyed.

Just watched the fight, Honestly he wasn't weakened. He was ready to fight and even charged at mecha godzilla at full force. He showned no signs of fatigue, not sure where everybody is getting that from...

ggod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ggod01

Mechagodzilla was overpowering kong and godzilla at the same time. And he easily overpowered godzillas atomic breath with his own. If it weren't for the humans he would have literally soloed them.

Mecha G definitely takes this. Even if he can't permanently put down ghidorah I don't see ghidorah really being able to physically damage mecha G at full power. It took the combined force of kongs axe mixed with godzilla's atomic breathe, along with the humans help to beat mecha G. Ghidorah was really impressive but mecha G was another level.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't anticipate it being so lopsided!

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@actuallyvishnu: I mean obviously Godzilla isn’t at 100% if he’s been fighting Kong all night but sounds like it didn’t weaken him that much. Mecha g must just be on another level

honey007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk how M godzilla will put ghidorah down permanently but he sure will kill him or knockout him after a good interesting battle cuz in the movie M godzilla was on another level like a super buffed agile godzilla with new weapons and sh*t he had the same agility as kong or close.. i enjoyed the movie tho would definitely recommend it if someone hasn't watched it yet.

xjlxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how much weaker Godzilla was after his fight with Godzilla

If Godzilla wasn’t tired, then Mecha would destroy KG

If Godzilla was tired, it’s harder to say but I’d say kG

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Mecha Godzilla wins. He was winning against both Kong and Godzilla a the same time. If it weren't for human interference he would have killed them. It is fair to say that Godzilla and Kong just had a fight and both were tired and injured but it took 2 on 1 to beat him and they even displayed surprisingly good synergy (they even coordinated there attacks together).

Mecha Godzilla also seems more dexterous, and his atomic breathe is stronger than Godzilla's.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah mecha g stomps

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha Godzilla might knock out Ghidorah, but I'm not sure if it has a reliable way to kill Ghidorah permanently.

ActuallyVishnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha Godzilla might knock out Ghidorah, but I'm not sure if it has a reliable way to kill Ghidorah permanently.

We didn't really get to see all MG's abilities, so you could be right there. But does MZ even have vitals?

Avatar image for supremekilla010
SupremeKilla010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah is a different beast plus he had regenerating abilities but Mecha Godzilla completely stomped Godzilla. So I got Mecha Godzilla taking it Ghidorah would put up a better fight but he would still lose

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nfactor1995

Ghidorah would win. Better ranged attack, and he was beating a massively amped Godzilla. Mechagodzilla destroyed Godzilla too, but this was after multiple brutal fights with Kong. Ghidorah also has flight, so if things truly got dicey, could always just change it up and go airborne for a bit. Also, given mecha is a machine, it very well could be a lot more susceptible to Ghidorah’s electrical attacks than regular Godzilla was.

All in all, can’t see mechagodzilla taking anywhere near a majority here.

Avatar image for deactivated-607b62fa8763f
deactivated-607b62fa8763f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha G for the win.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revenge of Kevin

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 takenstew22  Moderator

Either way.

ActuallyVishnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha G is definitely stronger and faster, But does he have a way to put MZ down?

MonsieurMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidora stomps

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Mecha Godzilla wins. Ghidorah actually loses to amped up Godzilla. Only by siphoning off energy from Boston's electrical grid is Ghidorah able to gain an advanage over Godzilla. Before this Godzilla was beating Ghidorah in the water as well so the movie actually has Godzilla beat Ghidorah 2 out of 3 times. Without amps Ghidorah is more or less a rival for Godzilla where either one could win any given encounter. MG is more a true upgrade that's better in every way,

Ghidorah's tactic of dropping Godzilla from the sky wouldn't work on MG either. MG would just be cutting off his heads in the air. This would be a Rorschach "I'm not locked in here with you, You're locked in here with me!" reversal. MG on the other hand can spam his breath attack so there's no real safe distance for Ghidorah.

Yes, Ghidorah can regenerate his heads but that needs to be done after battle and he needed to convert volcanic energy to do it. If the oxygen destroyer hadn't stopped their fight in the ocean, Godzilla would have likely decapitated the remaining two heads and earned a lasting win.

PresidentTrump3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But isn't MechaGodzilla's durability far below Godzilla's? I think that's what gives Ghidorah a chance.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

But isn't MechaGodzilla's durability far below Godzilla's? I think that's what gives Ghidorah a chance.

He is less durable than big G but I don't really think he's a glass cannon like everyone else is saying.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@presidenttrump3: Not really. Kong needed a charged up axe in order to cut up Mecha G, which could pierce Godzilla himself.