2021 High Tier PyP Round 1: Buildhare vs Noah_Ouellette

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 darthjhawk  Moderator

Welcome to Round One of the 2021 HTT!

@buildhare

Characters - 16 pts

• The Doctor (7)
  • The Plutonian (6)
  • Jack Hawksmoor (1)
  • The Engineer (1)
  • Midnighter/Swift (1)

Perks -15 pts

• Creation Blade (10)
  • 200 Regular Sentinels (4)
  • 1 character point for 2 perk points (1)
No Caption Provided

@noah_ouellette

Characters

• H'el (6)
  • Death Seed Sentry (9)

Perks:

• Mind/Soul Immunity 7
  • Power copying/Sealing Immunity 5
  • Batman martial arts for both.

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap, or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No BFR.
  4. No reality-warping (powers that may fall under this or have some association will be dealt with on a case by case basis due to the broad nature of reality-warping)
  5. No Summons, constructs, or any other fodder must be no stronger than an MFTL Star Buster.
  6. No Power Stealing, copying is fine
  7. Power Copying is limited to in battle characters for opponents, and only the present team for allies.
  8. Summons, constructs, or other fodder are limited to 200
  9. Cloning is limited to 25
  10. Time Jumping, remnants, speeding up one's own time is allowed. Other forms of time manipulation are banned.

Battleground

Destructible Jupiter-sized Earth inside an indestructible galaxy like ours, with no other people on it except for the fighters. Main Earth will be reformed and reset 5 seconds after destruction

No Caption Provided

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure, tag

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Didn't think we would be in this so quickly. Kinda just lose to creation blade huh lol. Feel free to start.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Tag for every post pls

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Authority & The Free Agent

No Caption Provided

After Apollo caught a super-cold the Authority decided to trial a new superman expy, how different could they be?

Not knowledgeable about your characters at all outside of RT's so this is going to be mostly meeting my team. Before that let me introduce their means of transport;

Doors

You've probably seen them before, they look like this;

No Caption Provided

...all my team has to do is say the word (literally, "Door") and they open a portal to basically anywhere, they'll mostly be using it to move around here.

The Heavy Hitters

Plutonian

Outwardly yet another evil superman, Plutonian is actually manipulating the fundamental laws of physics;

...and that was subconsciously when he thought he was just a Superman-expy. After he was made aware of the reality of his powerset he was able to do a ton more including telepathy, intangibility and creating spontaneous explosions. He's still got the powerhouse attributes in spades though;

Plutonians lack of morals means he's more than happy to abuse his advantages too.

The Doctor

The Authorities resident magician!

No Caption Provided

The Doctor is basically an Avatar-esque mantle that's passed from each incarnation to the next along with the combined experience of those that came before. As they're near entirely the same in combat you'll see feats from Jerone, Habib and The Renegade Doctor though I'm using Jerone mainly due him having the best outfit by a mile. His spells basically blur the lines between true reality warping and magic due to a lack of any incantations or hocus pocus;

No Caption Provided

...as his abilities manifest primarily from his imagination and creative ability rather than a set list of spells or rules. Because of that freedom the Doctor can do a plethora of crazy stuff;

1. BFR's a parallel universe Italy by holding it and letting the earths rotation do all the work
  2. Can render himself invisible and intangible
  3. The Doctor has powerful psionic abilities, able to overpower the telepathic control of the entire planet
  4. Even when just regaining use of his powers the Doctor can easily kick the shit out of Apollo (Superman-expy, though weaker) while under his sundip equivalent just amping his physicals. More importantly even in this state he can easily destroy the sun.
  5. Is not limited to our understanding of space and time and can move freely through it. The Doctor fights someone in the present while assaulting them years prior without hassle.
  6. Turns a legion of Soldiers with Superman powersets (Flight, vision, strength etc.) into glass.
  7. Turns a gang of superhuman soldier's bones into "Calvin Kleins: Just for men".

...so while Plutonian is undoubtedly far more versatile than he looks The Doctor is still far and away the most versatile being on my team, which is helpful given he's also excessively powerful. If you were hoping he was a glass cannon, ripe for blitzing, think again;

No Caption Provided

...as even when Swift blitzed his entire torso into mush and leaving his head floating he was completely unhindered and still talking fine, before assumedly thinking himself whole again before the next panel. All-in-all, an extremely powerful character, absolute steal for 7 points and likely beyond your ability to deal with.

The Wildcards

Midnighter

The infamous Midnighter, you already know who he is;

No Caption Provided

...a mid tier by virtue of his physical enhancements and ability to punch up due to his battle computer and doors. Obviously not going to be winning a fist fight here but he doesn't really need to.

Jack Hawksmoor

Defacto team leader and God of the Cities, Jack's powerset is vaguely defined at best;

1. He has complete control over the city he's in, can collapse skyscrapers with a thought.
  2. Can control the environment and incap people
  3. Has intangibility in them

...he's enhanced too but his main use in this fight will surely be distraction.

The Engineer

Uber-advanced technopath, hard to kill by virtue of being made up of liquid metal and being fairly tough in her own right;

No Caption Provided

...able to take hits and even overpower Captain Atom. If your team has any tech they're basically screwed but I'll wait and see.

Swift

Wildstorm Hawkgirl, she's pretty quick for her tier;

No Caption Provided

...pure distraction once again.

The Creation Blade

Basically a super-maguffin, Majestic explains it pretty well while cutting into someone who'd recently attained effective godhood;

No Caption Provided

...so even though he literally shouldn't need a physical form at this point and is wielding the Wildstorm IG equivalent he's still getting his shit mixed by the creation blades, even non-fatal impalement severing his connection to his powers. Here they're gonna go straight through H'el and Sentry's heads, so that last bit is less important.

Initial Thoughts

Don't know your team so I'll hold off on the hot takes for now.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Good post. Probably be a few days until mine. Pretty sure speed is my only real win con here.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Good post. Probably be a few days until mine. Pretty sure speed is my only real win con here.

Interesting, holding out for it!

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry and H'el, the stronger Supermen

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Death Seed Sentry

Death Seed Sentry is a permanently bloodlusted Sentry, as despite his increasingly erratic personality because of the death seed and life seed combination destroying his original personality he keeps his powers in tip top shape, unlike original Sentry. I will be using Regular Sentry scans as well as DSS(Death Seed Sentry) scans as DSS is just a much stronger version of Sentry.

Powers

As well as the common attributes of Supermen rip-offs Sentry also enjoys a larger powerset. Here are the most relevant ones I think he will need for this battle as well as the big kicker feats to prove my points.

Molecule Manipulation

Sentry has contested Molecule man on two separate occasions with his Molecule manipulation though I won't be using this power except for Sentry to rebuild himself if he needs to. I can't imagine it will be relevant in this matchup. Though you may prove me wrong.

Sentry Reforms Himself From Nothing

His Massive speed advantage(That's the Hope)

1. Wolverine Hears Sentry Coming From Hundreds of Miles Away

2. Sentry Grabs Thor and Moves Him Faster than he has ever moved. Really Fast.

3. Takes Thor With Him To A Planet In a Different Solar System In Seconds

Physical Strength and Durability

1. Sentry Overpowers The Herald Of Galactus, Terrax, Casually.(4th and 5th panels are relevant)

2. Sentry Takes A Massive Hit From Thor And Gets Up Like Nothing Happened And 2shots Thor(7th and 8th panels)

A Nice Touch

Sentry Walks Through Dooms Forcefields, Useful In Case You Have Any Barriers

Time For H'ell

H'el was born on the planet Krypton as a clone hybrid of multiple Kryptonians although H'el believes himself to be a purebred Kryptonian. He landed on Earth 27 years after Superman and then basically proceeded to mess stuff up.

Now H'el, like Sentry, has many different powers, here are the few I think I'll need.

Physical Stats(Strength, Speed and Durability)

Many of these scans are from the same fights so I'll put them all under the same category.

1. Hilarously Overpowers Superboy

2. And Again

3. Blitzes Superman Into Next Week

4. Casually Stops Superman's Counter Blitz With One Hand

5. Superman Is Clearly Nothing To Him

6. Flies From Metropolis To The Mid Atlantic Faster Than Superman Or Supergirl Could Even Notice He Was Gone

Telekinesis, Telepathy And Molecule Manipulation

H'el can use his telekinesis as molecule manipulation.

1. H'el Uses His TK To Rip Apart Superboy Atom By Atom

2. H'el throws Supermand And Wonder Woman With His TK While Ripping The Kryptonian Armour Off Superboy

3. Forcefully Restrains Superman, Wonder Woman And Superboy All At Once

4. His Telepathy Is Strong Enough To Overwhelm Superman's Defenses And Make Him Scream Out In Pain

Closing Notes

As far as information I hope I've given you what you needed to know. As far as your team it is impressive for sure but I do think this will come down to Sentry and H'el against Plutonian and the Doctor. I don't think the rest of your team even stands as distractions to my powerhouses. Saying Door to use a portal is far too slow for my team to not instantly blitz them as they are for all intents and purposes bloodlusted(Due to their unique and slightly chaotic personalities. I think I proved that both of my speedy boys can one-shot your doctor and I don't think he can come back from complete mush, at least not from what you've shown me.

My guys will be going for the head just like this

Sentry Rips Off Morgan Le Faye's (She taught Doom Magic) Head, A Sorceress On The Same Level As The Doctor

Can't wait for the next post. Sorry I had to use links my spoiler blocks just wouldn't work for whatever reason. I could not for the life of me remember how to do them properly and after many attempts I just resorted to links. Its been a long time since I did a battle.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #2

No Caption Provided

Straight to it!

Speed as your win condition

I think the belief that speed might be your teams saving grace is misplaced. I already posted it but to expand in greater detail on Plutonians best speed feat;

1. Plutonian is able to locate and recognize a tracking component within the wreckage of an exploding bomb....
  2. ...in the picosecond the battle report is sent back to it's maker he's able to register, track its source and outrace it. Just for reference in a picosecond light travels about 0.30 mm.

...now he does have a bunch more speed feats you'd expect from someone ripping off Superman but this is an example of bonafide MFTL speeds, which is legit speedster stuff. Certainly way better than blitzing Superman while he's talking and obviously better than this;

Sentry Grabs Thor and Moves Him Faster than he has ever moved. Really Fast.

...as blitzing Thor should not be a feat worth noting at this tier. The bending space and time part is good but basically unmeasurable and "many times the speed of light" is still not the same as being provably beyond it by an order of magnitude. I certainly won't argue Plutonian's speed instantly disqualifies your team as he might toy with them (it wouldn't be out of character), but only after he's sure they're not a threat. What the speed disparity does guarantee though is that he will easily be able to react to any kind of offensive speed abuse/blitz from your team and shut it down, whether it be at him or his teammates.

As far as your team it is impressive for sure but I do think this will come down to Sentry and H'el against Plutonian and the Doctor. I don't think the rest of your team even stands as distractions to my powerhouses. Saying Door to use a portal is far too slow for my team to not instantly blitz them as they are for all intents and purposes bloodlusted (Due to their unique and slightly chaotic personalities).

...in addition to having Plutonian here to cut short any blitz aspirations I'm not sure the part about bloodlust is true. They're certainly villains but they both love to talk. Literally all Sentry does while he wrecks Thor is chat and the same is true of H'el with Supes. I don't think Plutonian will instagib your characters the second the fight starts and I don't think your team would either even if they were capable of it. Certainly wouldn't make any sense for the Supermen with assumedly enhanced senses to focus mid/high tiers over the physical powerhouse with outwardly the same powerset as themselves. As for the hypothetical scenario where one of them actually reaches the Doctor;

I think I proved that both of my speedy boys can one-shot your doctor and I don't think he can come back from complete mush, at least not from what you've shown me.

...I've shown you he can survive and talk unhindered whilst his spine and entire torso of vital organs explodes outwards, from his then floating head. I think that (and the fact he's completely back to normal two panels later) makes it pretty obvious a physical form is not really necessary. Fortunately though if you don't buy that he's survived the most damage your team could possibly inflict;

...being completely fine immediately after Jenny Quantum (Reality Warper) eviscerates him entirely. A blitz, matter manipulation or conventional attacks in general (seemingly what you're limited to) is going to achieve momentary success at best.

I don't see speed as your saving grace here.

The Brawling Match

As far as their physical capabilities I'm not overly hopeful for you team even outside speed. For their price points (6 & 9) overpowering planetary characters like Superman or Thor doesn't seem great. Certainly not that useful here given it should already be obvious Plutonian is at a bare minimum star level + given;

1. He's already lifted something as dense as a neutron star which is considerably denser than our own sun (Post #1)
  2. He's stood under the weight of an entire star system (Post #1)
  3. He's taken a flurry of blows from someone draining entire stars to power each punch. Now this did hurt him a fair bit but it's also worth noting he didn't actually want to hurt the person doing it so he was likely still holding back. Regardless far beyond anything I've seen from your team so far.

...so between that and the speed disparity I think any kind of physical contest between our supermen would be fairly one sided even before Plutonians more esoteric powers come into play.

The Doctor is in

You focused only on a scenario where you could blitz the Doctor to prevent him from bringing his power to bear so I'm assuming your team isn't exactly stellar against magic. So far no reason he can't just do something like this;

No Caption Provided

...and given how often he does so it wouldn't even be out of character to end the fight that quickly. Hoping I'm wrong here or this is just isn't a fight imo.

The One Pointers

No Caption Provided

So hopefully I've shown they're not really blitzable even if that is in character for your team with Plutonian here, after which they're basically going to go full annoying mode. The Engineer can create clones of herself with serious firepower, Jack can create a city sized mech to fight and Swift can, fly I guess?;

...which should easily occupy either member of your team even if only temporarily. But wasn't there another character here? DOUBLE WILDCARD;

No Caption Provided

...substitute that pole with the Creation Blade and you've got the gist. With everything going on and your team members busy with either Plutonain, The Doctor or the rest of The Authority it shouldn't be too hard to land a hit like that by abusing doors.

Summary

• Plutonian seems to be considerably faster than your team, removing a blitz as an option for your team. Also doesn't seem overly in character.
  • Physically Plutonian should be able to manhandle his foes here.
  • Your team can't put the Doctor down at all and you've yet to post anything that would allow them to not be oneshot by his magic.
  • Between all their diversionary abilities and a numbers advantage the Wildcards should be able to occupy a member of your team, while Midnighter puts the Creation Blade to good use.
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers