2020 High Tier SBT 1st Edition RD1: King_Ragnar vs Sazzmi

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Well folks it is time my the first round of the Squad Builders Tourney.

@king-ragnar

Characters:

Dr Strange 10

No Caption Provided

Perks:

1 week prep 15

No Caption Provided

@sazzmi

Characters:

• Pyron 7 point energy manipulator
  • Composite Animal Man 1 point hax lord
  • Dr Occult 1 point gear user
  • Per Degaton 1 Point Prepper
No Caption Provided

Perks:

• Mind link
  • Morals off
  • Basic knowledge

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. Time Jumping, remnants, speeding up ones own time is allowed. Other forms of time manip is banned.
  4. No speed steal
  5. No BFR.
  6. No reality warping
  7. No Power Copying/stealing.
  8. No Summons, constructs or any other fodder stronger than 616 Bleeding Edge Iron Man.
  9. Summons are limited to 200
  10. Cloning is limited to 10

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote is unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet inside a Solar System like others, with no other people on it except for the fighters.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

tag for every post pls

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 geekryan  Online

T4V

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By King-Ragnar

@sazzmi Shall you go first or should I?

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: I'll have my opening post completed in a couple days, so I'll post then. I'd you can post yours sooner, you can.

But Dr. Strange, huh? Arf.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sazzmi: If so, I'll have my opener in 2 days.

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tag

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Stephen Strange, The Sorcerer Supreme

No Caption Provided

Bio/Background

Due to the MCU, his backstory is well known already, so i'll just post his CV Wiki entry :

Dr. Stephen Strange was once a gifted but egotistical surgeon who sought out the Ancient One to heal his hands after they were wounded in a car accident. Instead, the Ancient One trained him to become Master of the Mystic Arts and the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.

===================================================================

Now before i post feats and gear I'm going to clarify a mistake that occurs on CV. There's a common misconception on CV that there are two distinct versions of Doctor Strange, Classic and Modern, and that is just simply wrong. Instead of me explaining, Tom Brevoort explains it in six words :

No Caption Provided

Power/Energy Projection :

When it comes to power, Strange is very, very, very high up the hierarchy. He's above the likes of Hulk, Thor and Superman etc. Even people such as Thanos and Silver Surfer aren't as powerful as he is. To put that into perspective, Strange stated that he could kill the most powerful incarnation of Hulk (At that point in time), World War Hulk or Green Scar, with a twitch of his finger (World War Hulk #3). Even more so, Thor has admitted he's no match for Strange (Avengers Vol 1 #116). In regards to his overall power, Strange is pretty damn powerful. For example, The Watcher Uatu stated that Strange is able to end the entire civil war conflict (The Original) with a whisper or gesture (Civil War #6) :

No Caption Provided

Now that I've established just how powerful Strange is in the 616 Universe, i'll move on to the good stuff. Now admittedly energy projection isn't Strange's best asset, nonetheless he's in no way lacking in it. He was capable of one shotting a herald of Galactus, Nova whilst in his astral form (Doctor Strange : Sorcerer Supreme #42). Keep in mind that Nova, being a herald of Galactus, makes her extremely powerful. In fact she flat out no sold super nova at point black range and it's subsequent black hole. Which makes one shotting her even more impressive. Strange is also capable of both Moon and Planet busting. In fact he managed to destroy a moon despite spending 2 days fighting in hell (Doctor Strange Vol 2 #16). In regards to the planet instant, he managed to destroy it without much effort (Marvel Premiere #9).

Shields/Durability

Now given how little i know about your characters, I'm going to list a select few showings until i get the full picture about your characters and their abilities. For starters, Strange's body is always protected by spells and shields (Doctor Strange Vol 4 #3), meaning the possibilities of a "Speed Blitz" are non existent. Another example of those spells and shields protecting Strange would be the time when his protective spells managed to absorb the vast majority of Voltrogs blasts (Strange Tales Vol 1 #166). Another instance would be the time they protected him from a surprise attack from the herald of Oblivion, Deathurge (Quasar Vol 1 #25). It should be noted that Deathurge could penetrate Quasar's own shields. Now these are just his passive protective shields (Or The Invisible Shield of Everlasting Enchantment if you want to get technical) that he normally casts on himself, now i'll show some instance where casts shields mid combat to shield himself from attacks. Now i don't want to jump to conclusions given that i have zero knowledge about any of your characters, but unless they have hax, i don't think they're going to do any harm or get pest Strange's shields. Of course this is just an assumption on my behalf, and you're welcome to prove me wrong.

Other abilities :

Telepathy :

Transmutation :

The Eye of Agamotto :

Now as i mentioned earlier, i will be elaborating on The Eye of Agamotto and how it is one of the most powerful objects in the 616 universe, like, stupidly powerful. No, it is not an infinity gem like the MCU has made it out to be. For starters (Yes, this is just the start), Strange was capable of destroying an entire (Magical) dimension using it (Strange Tales Vol1 #136). I've posted this in my TP section, tho i'll post it again here. I'm certain that you've seen House of M Scarlet Witch threads on the vine, and i'm sure you know that she's absurdly powerful, like Universal++ powerful. Well, using the eye of Agamotto, Strange managed to put her to sleep (Avengers Vol 1 #503). If that wasn't enough, it managed to resist a Telepathic attack from Adam Warlock with a fully assembled infinity gauntlet(Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #36).

Initial thoughts

Given that i have zero knowledge about your characters, i'll reserve making a judgment or initial thoughts for when i see your post. As for prep, i'll also reserve it for my second post, to see the extent of your character's powers and if i should use it or not.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King-Ragnar
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sazzmi

Attention!!!! I switched out Basic Knowledge for 1 Hour Prep. See the Tourney PM for confirmation. Besides, Dr Occult's amulet already passively gets me full knowledge anyways. (Books of Magic 1)

The Red. An ever-present force within the DC multiverse that connects all life throughout space and time. From as being as small as a cell to as strange as Sun-Eaters, they are all connected through the Morphogenic Field. Buddy Baker ends up being an unfortunate avatar of it all.

The Most Roundabout Way to Make a 10 pointer

Loading Video...

Hello people, as the title of this post suggests, I will be doing some prep shenanigans revolving around Animal Man. But to understand his role in this one must understand where his powers come from and how he uses it. You see, he can manipulate life by accessing The Morphogenic Field. A sort of platonic and abstract force (Animal Man 18) that connects all forms of life together. With this, he's able to essentially manipulate DNA, read minds, mimic powers, and all sorts of other shenanigans. This even extends to more "sentient" life forms such as Kryptonians and the like (Countdown to Adventure 2.) However, his main purpose with prep is to merge my units into one super amalgam like Bwana Beast, another conduit of The Red, did right here (Animal Man 13). Furthermore, when Buddy used his powers it was shown that he could merge beings far better than Bwana ever could (Animal Man 4). But with his primary role in my team covered, I'll address some other abilities he has with the powers of The Red at hand.

• "The Red" Manipulation
    • Can shoot literal death (Animal Man 37)
    • It's shown to be a form of dimension/devolution hax (Animal Man 38)
    • Cosmic Awareness of every living being (Aquaman 35)
    • By becoming directly engrafted int the Morphogenic Field, he can exist in a higher metaphysical quantum state beyond the story. (Animal Man 24)
  • Animal Mimicry
    • Can use multiple animal powers at a time (Animal Man 10)
    • Stats can proportionate to his size. (Animal Man 21)
    • Self Duplication powers of bacteria (Animal Man 12)
    • Animals dont have to be near or even exist in the same time as him for him to copy traits (Animal Man 33)
    • Can emulate strange abstract cosmic beings like Sun Eaters that exist in a strange position within space-time(52 43)

So with that out of the way let's move on to another part in our amalgam, the time-traveling Nazi himself, Per Degaton. Ok, so this guy's a pretty cool antagonist. He starts off as being another evil scientist dude but eventually gains access to time-travel. With his time-traveling abilities, he pretty much stalked and almost killed all of the JSA. You see, he's time-traveled so much that he doesn't really exist in the timeline completely, but rather he lives "in-between seconds" which makes him completely unaffected by pretty much any attack that isn't time manipulation including the reality altering effects of the many Crisises. (JSA 59.) Later on, he would become more powerful. Re-enacting the plot of Jet Li's The One and killing alternate versions of himself across the multiverse to gain power over both time and space. In this state, he can change teleport the battlefield in exchange for the battlefield of another battlefield from a different era (Justice Society of America 50.) Pretty simple character and with the restrictions on time manipulation within this tourneys he can't really do much else however due to his chronal disassociation, there isn't much others could do this this amalgam within the context of this tournament either.

Additionally, many other forms of magical and supernatural abilities will also be rendered null and void due to the powers of Dr Occult. You see, his amulet, aka The Symbol of The Seven, is one of the most powerful artifacts within the DC Universe. Easily capable of repelling magics from Wotan with him only being able to defeat Occult with an army of robots rather than magic (All Star Squadron 49). Wotan, for reference, is a being able to consistently and sometimes casually defeat Dr Fate. Speaking of the other good doctor, Dr. Fate's magical prowess was also shown to be no match for Dr. Occult's. As the latter easily managed to ensnare Fate into a magical dimension "beyond time and space" (Fate 5) Even John Constantine, with extensive knowledge on Dr.Occult, prep for the occasion, and armed with an extremely powerful artifact of his own was no match for Dr.Occult's amulet.(Constantine 17) These are all fairly lower end feats however as at the peak of it's power, it was able to draw all the magical energies from nearly every magic user in the Multiverse into Alan Scott's lantern for it to create a massive net to contain enough Shadow Demons who's sheer numbers were as large as an entire planet. Even the magics of insanely powerful beings such as Etrigan and 5th dimensional imp were manipulated by Dr.Occult's amulet (Crisis on Infinite Earths 12). Meaning that in tandem with Per Degaton's chronal disassociation, the likelyhood of damaging the amalgam of my team is extremely low.

And lastly we have Pyron. Unlike the rest of my team, he's not a street level DC human character but rather he's a massive energy being that devours planets. Now, as a video game villain, he normally fights as a human sized fighter for his own entertainment. However his true form is much larger. He can increase his mass to be large enough to wear planet orbits as rings. And with this size comes a lot of passive heat. Simply by being at full size, he's hot enough to change global weather patterns from outside the solar system. He's so powerful that even his human sized avatars could wipe out large buildings and outpace missiles. Furthermore, he's mostly immune to many physical and magical attacks from S-Class Darkstalkers such as Morrigan, Demitri, and Jedah. Characters capable of warping the Makai. So what is he? He's essentially a massive star that's powerful enough to destroy other stars and is immune to high level magics. Add in other layers of magical immunity and intangibility, and we have ourselves an unkillable star. Then comes in Animal Man's cloning and proportionate strength amps and we have 10 unkillable stars that with the full powers of The Red at hand.

Initial Thoughts

Dr. Strange is cool and all but 2 pieces of my overall amalgam already have high tier magical resistances/invulnerability that are easily on par with or greater than Strange's overall magical attack potency. Characters on par with Dr. Fate and above are already comparable to Strange for the most part and given that Pyron already had a natural immunity to magics even when up against characters like Jedah, Strange's magics won't really be doing much at all. Furthermore, I don't think that Strange has any way of getting around the chronal disassociation with the time manipulation rule in place. Meanwhile, my super amalgam can still wreak havoc while being immune to all of Strange's attacks.

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King-Ragnar

@sazzmi: Nice post. I'll have my counters ready in 2 or 3 days.