#54 Edited by vsw (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower:

'VoTiNg WiLl Be OpEn FoR AnOtHeR DaY oR TwO.'

>;closes it in under 12 hours.

#55 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: You should know better than to trust anything I say

jk i just changed my mind

#56 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, heads up guys. A lot of recent developments have influenced the final tally. There was a 5 way tie for last spot and third to last spot, I miscounted once, and we also had 38 nominees from the start, not 40. So I'll be taking the top 19 (instead of top 20), but breaking the two ties we had (people with 4 votes and people with 2) by selecting the users who had more nominations in the previous thread. So this list will look very different from all the tally's thus far.

So with that said, here is the final-final tally. Congratulations to our new panel. These are the users you have voted to pick the All Stars.

The Panel

• HigherPower
  • Darthjhawk
  • EmperorThanos-
  • Mr_Ingenuity
  • Veshark
  • HitTheAssassin
  • Lvenger
  • Wyldsong
  • juiceboks
  • Thedailybagel
  • Kevd4wg
  • Chimeroid
  • Deathhero61
  • Wollfmyth209
  • KingGuinness
  • shirso
  • vsw
  • streak619
  • AlexTheBoss
#57 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Phase 3 will now commence

#58 Posted by Insertnewname (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: ayy thats it. Waiting for too long makes it boring trollolo

Although we need fancy pics, maybe their avatars, like a cav but just the name and their pics. At least the experience for mobile users is text only and pretty bland because of it ayo

#59 Posted by Red_Leader (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Darthjhawk and Hittheassasin

#60 Posted by Red_Leader (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: hey can you give me the lin to that thread when ts posted

#61 Posted by geekryan (5005 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
#62 Posted by deactivated-5cae4704c27f5 (1660 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Edited by SocaJunkie (8794 posts) - - Show Bio

*Claps*

I’ll enjoy stomping the stars in the future :D

#65 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Votes are over already? Wow...

X

#66 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: Oof I thought I made it in the top 20 with those votes.. Rip. Thanks for the votes guys and GL

X

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#67 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11942 posts) - - Show Bio

You’re closing these way too fast lol

#68 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
@xzone said:

@higherpower: Oof I thought I made it in the top 20 with those votes.. Rip. Thanks for the votes guys and GL

X

It's due to the way I broke the ties. You dropped like 7 places in this thread when I recounted the nominations (I even included some nominations people got after I initially closed it, because I felt I closed them too early. This was before voting started here). Think about it. There were literally 10 people tied with 4 votes, and 7 tied with 5 (you had 5). KingGuinness also had 6 votes, not 5. All it took was a nudge for people seemingly in the clear to drop out of the top 20 completely

So to reiterate: I broke the ties in THIS thread by counting nominations people had in the LAST thread, but there were wayyyy more ties there, so I counted nominations given after I closed it (since people kept voting for some reason, and because I closed it too fast) which jacked up the order for people placed 13-19

@supremegeneration said:

A lot of people are saying that lol, but I actually think the elevated pace is better than lollygagging for no reason.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#69 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright we have enough

Voting closed

No votes past this point will be counted. I told you guys I'd run this differently. Edits to votes won't be taken into consideration either.

I got totally gypped...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#70 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11942 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration said:

A lot of people are saying that lol, but I actually think the elevated pace is better than lollygagging for no reason.

It's not for no reason imo, a lot of votes in the last thread and even some deleted ones in this thread weren't counted.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#73 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration said:

It's not really lollygagging though. People live in different timezones have different work schedules etc. When you rush things like this, you aren't really getting an objective view votes, you're just getting guys lucky enough to have a fanbase that was logged in at the time.

#74 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Yeah but you could say that for literally everything. There's no timeframe for an objective view of votes. Just one long enough for you to cast yours or get voted in.

#75 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: @mylittlefascist: It's not that I'm rushing either. You guys and everyone else are treating this like another HoF. I close votes when I have the amount I need. It would be like ET closing votes in a tourney thread after there is enough to decide a winner (usually first to 5 wins). I'm not leaving them open so everyone gets a chance to cast theirs.

I needed about 40 nominees in the last thread, I closed it after I got it. I need it to be cut down to 20 users in this thread, I closed it a few hours after we passed up 20.

#76 Edited by SupremeGeneration (11942 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: I mean I understand that, but at the same time, you closed Phase 2 voting in a matter of 10 hours, that's a handful of timezones with active users that didn't get to vote. Even if you had enough then, it could be looking far different had it gone on. If my underlined statement is true, then the tournament is no longer about what ALL of CV considers "all-stars" but just what some of CV considers "all-stars".

#77 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: The only thing I could and I will admit fault to is not announcing how long I planned on leaving voting open in either thread. I'm sure the chief reason people are complaining is because the fact voting was closed randomly so they weren't expecting it.

If I had said you guys had 10 hours then many of you would have voted immediately. Because in actuality it doesn't take more than a few minutes to pick 5 users, and most of us spend an average of at least a few minutes when we log on anyway.

I disagree with everything else you said.

#78 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you guys better keep this same energy when the actual All Star CaV threads go up... I don't want to see people complaining about not getting a chance to vote and then completely ghosting when we need them the most.

#79 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm embarrassed I missed the start of this. I'll drop some votes for the remaining nominees tonight. Thanks to all who've voted for me, though I probably don't deserve it at the moment. Still much appreciated.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#80 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5689 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: But the voting is closed through...

#81 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17003 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Since Lvenger is part of the top 20, he gets to be part of the voting panel.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#82 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5689 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Since Lvenger is part of the top 20, he gets to be part of the voting panel.

Oh, the secret one done off the public forums?

Ah right, forgot that was apart of the schematics of this little thing here, oof