• 82 results
#51 Posted by Darthjhawk (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: @streak619: Gentlemen let me first say that this was a great rematch and you both continue to impress me with every debate. Hopefully no matter my decision you both can see that I still feel that you debated extremely well. With that being said let's get into my vote:

I felt Streak countered the bomb strategy very well, proving that it is unlikely that Gog will use the actual strategy on Jin to defeat him. Conversely I actually felt that HP also proved to me that Speed Mode or Limit Removers aren't something that Jin would naturally do at the beginning of the fight. Now even though Streak did counter this with the HF argument, however I was still more convinced by the fact that even with someone as strong as Satan who arguably has just as much hax as Gog did not use his Limit Removers until he truly, and really thought they were necessary.

Another thing that sort of came up but wasn't truly debated as much was the idea of Gog being oneshotted. Now Streak continually stated Jin could oneshot, however I didn't see enough as to why he could or would oneshot Gog in the counters and conclusion sections of the debate. On the other hand GV didn't necessarily provide as much information to Gog's durability by the end either, but I did feel the invisibility was a good counter.

Streak's response to that could have sold it in his favor however I didn't feel the sense argument was strong enough as Ohkwang and the other person did not seem to be invisible in that scan. In essence had Streak expanded on to why these senses actually could bypass invisibility I would have been more convinced by him. At this point I am back and forth between the two of you and so it came down to the last part of the debate, the speed factor.

So overall, this mainly came down to one huge factor for me, that being whether or not Jin could blitz Gog before being affected by his abilities. Knowing Jin, I felt that he had the advantage in speed and along with the fact that many characters on Gog's overall tier don't have as many clear and pure speed feats. My main guy Ultron is a prime example of this. However HP/GV circumvented this by showing some extremely impressive speed and reaction feats for Gog, overall convincing me that he has what is necessary to react to Jin and take him down with his hax/versatility.

So overall my vote goes to @higherpower in an awesome debate. Mainly for convincing me that he has the necessary speed to react and combat Jin while also having the necessary abilities to counteract Jin's abilities and put him down. @streak619: You still did an admirable job however and gave GV/HP a wonderful run for his money in my book, better than I could have imo. Kudos to the both of you!

#52 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Thank you for voting. Quick question, would you have voted for me had I gone more in depth to explain my argument regarding the senses?

#53 Posted by Darthjhawk (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: Yes. Had you gone more in depth about how Jin's senses counteracted Gog's invisibility and made the perk useless, along with a little bit more as to why his reaction speed & durability were not enough, I would have been swayed to Jin.

#54 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: I see lol. I was just gonna request HP as to whether I could edit that argument it a bit. Damn.

Anyways, thanks for voting.

#55 Posted by Darthjhawk (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: I understand. Still like I said, it was a very good and close debate. Give yourself at least some credit for that.

#56 Posted by geekryan (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: @streak619: Gentlemen let me first say that this was a great rematch and you both continue to impress me with every debate. Hopefully no matter my decision you both can see that I still feel that you debated extremely well. With that being said let's get into my vote:

I felt Streak countered the bomb strategy very well, proving that it is unlikely that Gog will use the actual strategy on Jin to defeat him. Conversely I actually felt that HP also proved to me that Speed Mode or Limit Removers aren't something that Jin would naturally do at the beginning of the fight. Now even though Streak did counter this with the HF argument, however I was still more convinced by the fact that even with someone as strong as Satan who arguably has just as much hax as Gog did not use his Limit Removers until he truly, and really thought they were necessary.

Another thing that sort of came up but wasn't truly debated as much was the idea of Gog being oneshotted. Now Streak continually stated Jin could oneshot, however I didn't see enough as to why he could or would oneshot Gog in the counters and conclusion sections of the debate. On the other hand GV didn't necessarily provide as much information to Gog's durability by the end either, but I did feel the invisibility was a good counter.

Streak's response to that could have sold it in his favor however I didn't feel the sense argument was strong enough as Ohkwang and the other person did not seem to be invisible in that scan. In essence had Streak expanded on to why these senses actually could bypass invisibility I would have been more convinced by him. At this point I am back and forth between the two of you and so it came down to the last part of the debate, the speed factor.

So overall, this mainly came down to one huge factor for me, that being whether or not Jin could blitz Gog before being affected by his abilities. Knowing Jin, I felt that he had the advantage in speed and along with the fact that many characters on Gog's overall tier don't have as many clear and pure speed feats. My main guy Ultron is a prime example of this. However HP/GV circumvented this by showing some extremely impressive speed and reaction feats for Gog, overall convincing me that he has what is necessary to react to Jin and take him down with his hax/versatility.

So overall my vote goes to @higherpower in an awesome debate. Mainly for convincing me that he has the necessary speed to react and combat Jin while also having the necessary abilities to counteract Jin's abilities and put him down. @streak619: You still did an admirable job however and gave GV/HP a wonderful run for his money in my book, better than I could have imo. Kudos to the both of you!

This is an amazingly constructed review and analysis of the match, and I totally agree with all of it.

As Darth said, you both did a great job, but my vote will also have to go to @higherpower by a slight majority.

#57 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

HP: 2

Me: 0

#59 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you just love when someone quotes another persons vote instead of making there own.

Ot not voting

#60 Posted by geekryan (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you just love when someone quotes another persons vote instead of making there own.

Ot not voting

Why is that bad? I agree with everything he said...I took the time to read the debate and my opinion on it matched what Darth said. So rather than repeat what he said but in my own words, I quoted him and cast my vote. People do it all the time. It's better than not voting, especially since getting votes is such a struggle on CV.

#61 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18321 posts) - - Show Bio

Ot not voting

Irony...

#62 Edited by Darthjhawk (5473 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:
@thenewguysnm1 said:

Ot not voting

Why is that bad? I agree with everything he said...I took the time to read the debate and my opinion on it matched what Darth said. So rather than repeat what he said but in my own words, I quoted him and cast my vote. People do it all the time. It's better than not voting, especially since getting votes is such a struggle on CV.

Fair enough.I was just being troublesome dont mind me

@thenewguysnm1: Wait what? Dont you copy votes often yourself?

No.I either don't vote or make my own though i have done it before.

Nice vote by the way very well done.

@thenewguysnm1 said:

Ot not voting

Irony...

I did so that i could get my ideal R1 match simple as that.

#64 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#66 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote for @higherpower. Streak didn't convince me that he could blitz Gog without some form of counter attack, as well as assuming that Jin was going to go all out at the very start of the match, as it would be a OOC move on his part. If he had knowledge on Gog or had no morals, I'd perhaps assume that to be the case, but it simply doesn't work here. That, and Gog's invisibility and multiple forms of hax were argued fairly good, and showed how Gog didn't exactly need to kill Jin, but could rather use matter manipulation to incap him.

#67 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18321 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Is that a vote?

Nothing I have said even resembles a vote. And after reading this through I don't think I will vote.

#68 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

This lol.

#69 Posted by Darthjhawk (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenewguysnm1: Bruh lol what? If all you were gonna do is quote me lol why did you give @geekryan any grief before at all lol?

#70 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenewguysnm1: Bruh lol what? If all you were gonna do is quote me lol why did you give @geekryan any grief before at all lol?

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that your vote was the perfect summary to a good debate.

I never said i wouldn't do it.

It is still better to write your own vote.

-Newguys

#71 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the score

#74 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18321 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#75 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that your vote was the perfect summary to a good debate.

I never said i wouldn't do it.

It is still better to write your own vote.

-Newguys

Ot not voting

No Caption Provided

#76 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#79 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by emperorthanos- (16355 posts) - - Show Bio

HP:4

Streak: 0

#82 Posted by XLR87T3 (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

Streak was weak. I'm voting for the HigherPower here

#83 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done higherpower.

@xlr87t3 said:

Streak was weak. I'm voting for the HigherPower here

@streak619 was not weak at all in fact he brought up some cool things HP just did better with what he had

#84 Posted by emperorthanos- (16355 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Edited by Streak619 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio