2018 High Tier PYP 2nd Edition Finals: Chimeroid vs Beatboks vs Kevd4wg(Open For Vote)

• 92 results
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@beatboks1: Like, i "countered" your strat for the sole reason of "not forgetting" about your team. That was the main idea. I figured i can't really debunk your approach and i didn't think that Takion would ever, in character, start atomizing good guys. It's just not who he is. So i relied on what i know i am decent at, and that is misdirection. As thought by you in one of our first debates :D

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poppy Harlow here!

Good debating from both sides, but I felt as if there were quite a few false equivalences being made here and there.
Beatboks initial strategy seemed to hinge around the fact that Rogue could replicate all of what Doctor Strange, Doom, and Pym are able to produce, within the relatively small time frame of one hour. This is not taking into account all the resources that would be required to recreate such tools and materials. Beatboks could have argued that Dark Nebula's could have created a stable psychic link between Blue Supes and Rogue to allow Rogue to utilize Blue Supes matter manipulation in creating said machinery, but a. He did not mention it, B. It still falls short of time, and C. Beatboks still has not given a compelling argument as to why Rogue can utilize this knowledge with the same speed and efficiency as Hank. Having knowledge of a certain field does not immediately make you a master in it. It still takes time and experience before you can fully practically apply it. Had he elaborated a bit more on this point then it would have been more beneficial for his argument.
I also felt as if an integral part of Beatboks argument was to just play the shrinking game and stay hidden throughout, and since this part of his argument has several key flaws in its execution, it causes the rest of his preparation to go down the drain.
However the strategy regarding the time remnants was something that I did not expect. It was creative, and quite frankly, not something I have seen before, so I do give credit for that. Although, was three Dark Nebula's really necessary? Usually in battles regarding high-tier characters arbitrary multiplications of power do not help as much as versatility does. I think using more versions of Rogue would have been better as it would have led to you having a more diverse power set capable of handling your opponents, but considering the fact that your opponents were ridiculously powerful I understand how having multiple brute fighters on the field could be of help.

Now coming to Kevd4wg! Look I'll be honest here; If I was ever asked to make a team for a battle like this, I wouldn't care whether or not I win or lose if it meant having a planet-busting, continent-firing, gargantuanbehemoth on my side! The problem where your argument mainly falls short is similar to what happened with Beatboks. You are heavily relying on the fact that your invisibility is going to be able to help keep your planet sized character hidden from your opponents. Invisibility is good, no denying that, but is useless when your character is the actual size of a planet. Whether it be light diffraction, gravitational forces, magnetic waves, shifts in dust clouds, or even gravitation contraction, there are just too many different variables that give him away. In all honesty, if you were going to pick Ego, I don't think giving him invisibility was the best idea as it led to you wasting a perk that could have been used elsewhere.
Apart from this there was also the fact that you have not given any feats regarding the attack speed of Ego's planet beams. BeatBok's team had already provided evidence of one of her opponent being a good deal faster than light, with the other having a perk that gave them light speed. Even if us, the viewers, are to eyeball and gauge out those planet beams to be moving somewhere between relativistic to near-light speed, Beatbok's team still has the speed advantage, allowing them to move out of the whey before any damage could be done. I have not even taken in the fact that you mentioned that Ego would further increase the distance between himself and the battle zone during your prep time. If you really were to do that it would only increase the time needed for the beam to reach, allowing your opponents to escape!
Now there was a lot that I disagreed with in terms of the way you represented MCU Strange. This is barring any thought of the actual argument at hand and more on your debating approach. Now when you were giving feats for MCU Strange's shields you you should have included an argument as to why blocking a blast of the infinity stone was impressive. And now in most cases this would be pretty stupid because everyone knows about the infinity stones (Thanks Marvel) and what they could do, but considering we are talking about the Cinematic Universe, where feats can be inconsistent, to the point where the power gem was able to annihilate an entire planet, to not being able to take down Tony's nano shields, kind of goes to show why backing up said attacks could be important. Also, when you mentioned how Strange could use his shields to defend Ego's brain, you should have provided his appropriate range capabilities. If Ego's brain was lets say . . . I dunno . . . the size of a football field, would it still be so easy for him to cover all corners?
That also reminds me, does Ego's invisibility carry onto his team mates, because I don't think that is how it is supposed to work! If Tony and Strange are still visible, and are near the brain protecting it, does that not cause your entire strategy to backfire on itself?
Otherwise apart from that, Chimeriod made a really good point about your team's co-operation being kind of moot due to Egos's . . . Ego
And again dude, I know I'm being kind of an a** right now, but honest to god I wanted to vote for your team. If you ever see me making a team on comic vine for a battle then don't be surprised when its filled with nothing but guns and girls. I don't care if I win or lose as long as I go down in style, and boy did you have a sh*t to ~ er ~ planet ton of it!

Finally, Chimeroid. Good counters to Ego, Ego, Ego and Ego! Not to offend but reading you counter Ego that much actually gave me a chuckle. There is nothing wrong with it and all your points were clearly and neatly outlined. Your use of trauma to upset the living planet was honestly surprising, seeing as I know nothing of any of these characters, and so capitalizing on you opponents weak spot this tactfully was a superb move on your half. There is really not much to say (Or there is but I am too tired to write it down/I have my Physics board examinations coming up that I should study for) except for the fact that you were able to counter both of your opponents successfully at all ends that I have read up till now. It's possible that I may have missed some incriminating argument of your here or there, but rest be assured I will find it. Otherwise, congratulations on your debate and you surely have my vote!

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@darkdementor101:

Since Chime won before your vote I'd like to point out a few things. This isnt to change tou vote (and ET please let this stand to Chime) as obviously I wasnt clear enough during the debate.

Beatboks initial strategy seemed to hinge around the fact that Rogue could replicate all of what Doctor Strange, Doom, and Pym are able to produce, within the relatively small time frame of one hour. This is not taking into account all the resources that would be required to recreate such tools and materials

This is certainly not the case. I specifically chose to only do VERY simple things with the knowledge. I literally only used spells of protection and illusions so that I was not using much of their knowledge at all. That and knowledge of what pym particles are, what they can do and how to influence them. The only other thing I made in prep was teleporters and Blue supes knows how to do that himself (which I pointed out and Chime agreed with). From two of the greatest mages in marvel I used the most basic spells done by the lowest tier mystics in both Marvel and DC. So hardly "all their capable of".

Dark Nebula's could have created a stable psychic link between Blue Supes and Rogue to allow Rogue to utilize Blue Supes matter manipulation in creating said machinery, but

a. He did not mention it,

B. It still falls short of time, and

C. Beatboks still has not given a compelling argument as to why Rogue can utilize this knowledge with the same speed and efficiency as Hank

What do you mean could have that is exactly what I argued he did.

@beatboks1 said:

One doesn't "create" Pym particles. They exist as a naturally occurring sub atomic particle that Hank Pym discovered and Isolated. The hard yards have already been done in his memory. he knows where to find them. If I was going to create the elixer or the gases he uses thay would take time but I don't need to. I have a TKer and another team member who can energy and matter manipulate. All they need to do is know where the particles are to use them.

Are we just forgetting that I Have Blue Supes who is MFTL and Dark Nebula with a light speed perk?

Both of whom are by now mind linked by DN to Rogue with the knowledge of Strange and Doom and Pym. Using magic, TK and energy matter manip with the speeds they will be operating on, I don't see this time being all that much of a problem. with that knowledge of magic Rogue herself can speed herself up to match them.

That was of intent from the outset which I clarified in my second post.

a) I did mention it (second two paragraphs from above from post 40.

b) how so? Getting enough knowledge to cast the most simply of spells to hide and create illusions while Blues Supes or DN use each of their ability to manipulate matter on a sub atomic level to control a sub atomic particle called a pym particle that I only need to know how to affect

c) since I st as ted I didnt have to make the elixir that took pym years after discovering the particle and was only going to use his knowledge of it and my team mates ability to manipulate matter to affect the particles why would I have needed to?

Although, was three Dark Nebula's really necessary?

There is no point in Rogue's time line that she would not be susceptible to being destroyed easily by Ego having a go or Takion. Dark Nebula on the other hand is beyond death. He has already passed the viel of death and cant be killed. A much more powerful entity than Ego has tried and he just gets back up. The most that can happen is a temporary KO. Having more than 1 DN insurance that I would not be without one on the field at all times. As such while any one DN is KO'd and any other team mate destroyed (or time remnant) I'd still have at least one DN left to summon more while hopefully one was use his planetary level destrictive power to keep opponents off the one summoning more.