2017 High Tier PYP Tourney Sign Ups(One more spot left)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
#251 Posted by deactivated-5a2b0053414c5 (8165 posts) - - Show Bio

Confirm.

#252 Posted by APEX_pretador (21483 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2:

• Larfleeze (8)
  • Genis-Vell (5)

I don;t intend to threaten you, okay?

#253 Posted by APEX_pretador (21483 posts) - - Show Bio
#254 Posted by emperorthanos- (16894 posts) - - Show Bio
#255 Edited by APEX_pretador (21483 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#256 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#257 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12982 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#258 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2:

• Larfleeze (8)
  • Genis-Vell (5)

I don;t intend to threaten you, okay?

;) ill keep that in mind haha.

#259 Posted by WordWarrior (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#260 Posted by Arkbound (1666 posts) - - Show Bio
#261 Posted by emperorthanos- (16894 posts) - - Show Bio
#262 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: ahem, I asked for these changes:

Characters

• Worthy Thor (5)
  • Kratos (3)
  • Composite Twilight with alicorn amps (2)

PERKS

• Extra character (5) Desak (without destroyer armour and certain circumstances he is only around thor level in physicals but is not versatile at all)
  • Nightcrawler teleport (3) Desak
  • mind resistance (6)
  • Hour of prep (1)

#263 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: ahem, I asked for these changes:

Characters

• Worthy Thor (5)
  • Kratos (3)
  • Composite Twilight with alicorn amps (2)

PERKS

• Extra character (5) Desak (without destroyer armour and certain circumstances he is only around thor level in physicals but is not versatile at all)
  • Nightcrawler teleport (3) Desak
  • mind resistance (6)
  • Hour of prep (1)

That's not how it works. the extra character perk counts as two extra points not a full character.

#265 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: I know, and im using those two points to get desak. ive already discussed this with emperorthanos and base desak without destroyer armour is fine.

#266 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#267 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Base Desak is worth 2 points?

yea, because hes a specialty pick. Against mortals I would put him lower than rulk, but against immortals he is far more powerful. anyways, I already discussed this with emperorthanos and he said I could choose desak as hes mostly a specialty pick for fighting divine characters and otherwise is a big weak link because of a lack of feats.

#268 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Gotcha.

I chose Meliodas just to say in every fight "Meliodas is a non factor"

Damn i hate the Seven deadly sins...

#269 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Gotcha.

I chose Meliodas just to say in every fight "Meliodas is a non factor"

Damn i hate the Seven deadly sins...

LOL really? you chose a character just to dis them? XD :D

#270 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: I watched half of the show and begged God to take me from the earth...

Im making sure he dies in every debate i do! a slow horrible death is all i pray for Father!

#271 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: I watched half of the show and begged God to take me from the earth...

Im making sure he dies in every debate i do! a slow horrible death is all i pray for Father!

LOL.

it was that bad?

#272 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg Superman

Black Alice

Mind Resistance +6

Light Speed +7 Alice

Mind Link

Finally someone is gonna use Henshaw.

@emperorthanos: I have one question. I just have to ask because of my personal bias. Why is Alan Scott with Starheart worth only 6 points? Especially because his son Obsidian is 7 and he got one shotted by Alan during JSA Vol. 1 #9.

#273 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

Any idea when this is starting?

#274 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: I don't really like anime in the first place. and that one was particularly bad.

#275 Edited by juiceboks (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: He didn't oneshot Todd actually considering Todd was still conscious and was about to take Alan with him to the Shadowlands.

Todd has abilities that Alan doesn't, even if Alan has the means to beat him in a fight.

#276 Posted by emperorthanos- (16894 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 I need your perks.

@shirso said:

Any idea when this is starting?

Soon. Just waiting on a couple more people for final teams.

@emperorthanos: I have one question. I just have to ask because of my personal bias. Why is Alan Scott with Starheart worth only 6 points? Especially because his son Obsidian is 7 and he got one shotted by Alan during JSA Vol. 1 #9.

As Juiceboks pointed he didn't actually one shot him. But the main reason is because Todd has more hax and versatality IMO. I don't give points based solely on pure power.

#277 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: once you make the changes my team is finalized. I need my desak!

#278 Posted by emperorthanos- (16894 posts) - - Show Bio
#279 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: He didn't oneshot Todd actually considering Todd was still conscious and was about to take Alan with him to the Shadowlands.

Sorry, wrong use of words. He wasn't KO'd which does not really count as a one shot. He was later consumed by the Shadows and Alan going home to his daughter Jennie saying how he could not save him. It does not change the fact that before Alan started to fight Todd, not only Earth was consumed by the Darkness but Todd was massive in size. After the blast not only he was normal in size with his mask torn apart but the Earth wasn't consumed by the Shadows. I think it is obvious that Alan is more powerful, especially because he defeated him again in JSA Vol. 1 #50. Also I could be wrong about this because it is not confirmed but when Todd stomped Karkull in JSA VOL. 1 #8 did he absorb him or something? Because it looked like he did.

Yes I know he wanted to take Alan with him but that is not relevant to my point and I'm sure Alan could escape, especially because normal human like Rice could stop him by getting sent instead of Alan.

Todd has abilities that Alan doesn't, even if Alan has the means to beat him in a fight.

That may be true but so does Alan and I think Alan with Starheart should be worth at least 7 points. Especially because Heralds weaker than Alan worth more than Alan himself.

#280 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: "One Shot" was a wrong use of words. Let's just say he defeated him in one blast. Yes Alan may be more powerful but Obsidian is above because he has more versatility and Hax, making him more difficult opponent to beat. However, Alan is versatile himself and even without using ABC Logic Alan > Todd, he should still be worth more than 6 points. But team with Alan is already made so who the hell cares.

#281 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: changes are already made.

I don't see the changes on any of the lists but ok, my team is finalized.

yall ready to challenge the gods!? :D

#282 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I always try to show up with under used characters to these tourneys. Henshaw is a beast who, with his rings should be at around or above Surfer.

#283 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone want to go against me?

#284 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: And I asked you this question before, but prep by default takes place at the battlefield right?

#285 Posted by emperorthanos- (16894 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
#286 Posted by SolomonTheNotSoWise (851 posts) - - Show Bio
#287 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I always try to show up with under used characters to these tourneys. Henshaw is a beast who, with his rings should be at around or above Surfer.

I know. I love Henshaw. He is pretty underrated as a character. Although I wouldn't say he is above Surfer. I think both have equal chance of beating one another.

#288 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

I know. I love Henshaw. He is pretty underrated as a character. Although I wouldn't say he is above Surfer. I think both have equal chance of beating one another.

The reason i state this is because his fight against Surfer is actually canon in DC continuity

#289 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I know but it is canon for DC continuity. It is not canon for Marvel Continuity. Unless it was stated it is which I don't think it was.

#290 Posted by juiceboks (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger:

I think it is obvious that Alan is more powerful, especially because he defeated him again in JSA Vol. 1 #50

Obsidian also has a weakness to strong light, so keeping that in mind whenever he does damage to Todd it's hard to say if he's exactly more powerful than him.

Also I could be wrong about this because it is not confirmed but when Todd stomped Karkull in JSA VOL. 1 #8 did he absorb him or something? Because it looked like he did.

Maybe? I'm not sure, he could've just sent him to the Shadowlands.

That may be true but so does Alan and I think Alan with Starheart should be worth at least 7 points. Especially because Heralds weaker than Alan worth more than Alan himself.

What heralds weaker than Alan are worth more than him? The only one I can see that's debatable is Martian Manhunter.

#291 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Surfer and Henshaw. I get it, they are above Normal Alan but with Full Starheart? It makes me ask myself what did I miss.

#292 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I like how Adam Warlock is a 5 but SS is a 7 lol.

#293 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio
#294 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#295 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: I'm sorry, I'm watching something and typing at the same time. I mean Pre-Annihilation Warlock.

#296 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Nope. ET said Current versions of all characters unless stated otherwise.

#297 Edited by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: That is actually not bad. If more powerful character requires less points to use him, it means you have more points to spare for other characters while having more than what you "paid" (not really) for.

#298 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Yeah i wasn't going to argue with it lol.

But i decided to use Larfleeze and Genis W/prep.

(Meliodas is there just to die)

#299 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16720 posts) - - Show Bio
#300 Edited by juiceboks (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Well, Hank has technopathic abilities that are umatched by anyone sans arguably Ultron. Norrin has abilities that Alan hasn't shown like creating black holes, and he's been able to harm skyfather level beings like Uni-Lord through his energy manipulation. Hell he defeated Aegis and Tenebrous (characters that would stomp everyone here) by channeling the Crunch itself. That's something Alan has never done IIRC and just goes to show the level of energy Norrin can handle.