• 162 results
#101 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Thor Parker wins. The whole argument of teleporting City away with Limbo is something never done by Magik ever and empty assumption. I also see little counter to prepping with every possible outcome, much less the teleport attacks to the face. I feel Ultimate Reed is way above the whole cast Zets is using, which he is, and Mangog is icing on the cake.

Hmmm goes on rant about manga and it being cancer, but in his vote barely addresses the manga cancer in his vote quite clearly against the manga fan? Suspicious......

Hey, leave my only vote alone lol.

#102 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: first off Zets team has one Manga guy. So my views on that matter little. Second off I can have a opinion instead of biasly voting on my friend and fellow manga friend. Suspicious.

#103 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Edited by DeathHero61 (18557 posts) - - Show Bio
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@thor_parker82: don't worry what Death just said was a sick move.

Lmao I was joking. Edit: Plus that one manga character was the deciding factor for many of the votes here due to speed but I won't start anything.

#105 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@thor_parker82: don't worry what Death just said was a sick move.

Lmao I was joking. Edit: Plus that one manga character was the deciding factor for many of the votes here due to speed but I won't start anything.

Alright then. We are cool again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
#107 Posted by deactivated-5a794b61068b8 (7203 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta vote for Zetsumoto.

This was an interesting debate. I was excited to read up on The Maker. He certainly has a lot going for him, but he seems to lack ways to deal with Zet's team.

Specifically Black's speed and Magik's cloaking are things I didn't see a specific counter for. There was also a neat little back and forth regarding the Dome's ability to predict the future with Limbo possibly interfering with its ability to do so. Thor Parker maybe shouldn't have waited to round three to bring out some of those hidden abilities or prep strategies. I'm not sure if another post to develop those strategies would have helped anyway. Sometimes these tourney matches have a way of being unbalanced. Seems almost like no matter what you do, you wouldn't have an answer for this team. But I respect you trying to throw everything out there to see what sticks. I mean it basically comes down to Black being too fast, being able to strike down any distraction in nano seconds or going through one of Magik's portals directly to The Maker's location. And Mangogg ended up being a slow powerhouse that could potentially be downed by any member of Zet's team -- speed plus creation blades, teledismemberment by Magik, or Rachel's TK even. I'm not sure if another support character instead of Mangogg would have helped you, but this match kinda shows that team building is as important as actual debating lol. Best of luck to both of you in future CaVs and tourney matches.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#108 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, amazing debate everyone, well done. This is what a CAV should look like.

Thor_Parker82

I thought you did very well providing lots of different complex strategies for your team, it not only showed your knowledge of ultimate Reed but also showed your great imagination, and imagination is extremely important in a tourney IMO. I really liked how you had numerous strategies instead of just sticking to a single one, it really shows off how deadly your prep master is.

the problems i had were that you made a bunch of minor mistakes throughout in regards to both your own context as well as zets. just to name a few mistakes, claiming 1610 odin was as powerful as 616, claiming you could bring the city across a universe, several false assumptions about limbo and magik's prep ability, ect.

Zetsumoto

I thought you did extremely well on all fronts, especially counters. most people would have been overwhelmed and crushed by TP82's prep strategies by you had a counter for them at every turn. You built your team extremely well, going for versatility as well as intelligence and it worked masterfully when put together. Also, as far as i could see you made no contextual mistakes of your own, which is a big plus in my book.

CONCLUSION

in the end my vote goes to @zetsumoto. A great balanced team, no contextual mistakes and amazing counters makes it pretty clear who should win IMO. you both did great, bravo to both debaters:

No Caption Provided

#110 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Thanks for the breakdown and analysis, I just want to say that I never said Ultimate Odin was on par with his 616 counterpart.

#111 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Thanks for the breakdown and analysis, I just want to say that I never said Ultimate Odin was on par with his 616 counterpart.

Yeah, I don't remember that either. Its is Brony though. Everything 616 Thor related somehow gets twisted.

#112 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

well it was implied. when zets pointed out how that version of odin has no feats that really messed with your case for the children of tomorrow.

once again, great debate. i bet you would have won easily if you were up against almost anyone else.

#113 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

Yeah, I don't remember that either. Its is Brony though. Everything 616 Thor related somehow gets twisted.

says the totally not biased voter LOL!

#114 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@thor_parker82 said:

says the totally not biased voter LOL!

I vote base on logic and arguments. You make a CaV of Superman vs Spider Man, its a mismatch no matter how bad the other guy debated, except Thor did not do bad, he did very well. Zets never convince me at all he should won this clear stomp. Its kinda sad how people in this thread ignore logic :/

#115 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

I vote base on logic and arguments.

really? because your vote seemed to be based almost entirely on who you think wins and ignoring what Zets posted.

You make a CaV of Superman vs Spider Man, its a mismatch no matter how bad the other guy debated, except Thor did not do bad, he did very well.

this cav is nothing like superman vs spiderman, that you think it is shows you are biased.

Zets never convince me at all he should won this clear stomp.

not a stomp, but he clearly won. he never made a contextual mistake and countered everything thrown at him. im wondering if you even read the debate when you say stuff like this:

"I also see little counter to prepping with every possible outcome, much less the teleport attacks to the face."

really? did you just ignore how zets explained that magik and limbo mess with any probability/time travel/precognition, or that the maker only has basic knowledge and thus couldnt prep with every outcome, or that the maker doesnt have the time to comb the multiverse, ect?

Its kinda sad how people in this thread ignore logic :/

not people, a person AKA you are the one ignoring logic.

its fine you voted for TP82, he is an awesome debater and debated really well, however its quite clear you are biased so dont even try to say my vote was flawed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#116 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

You make a CaV of Superman vs Spider Man,

Got a link of that? :P

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#117 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17299 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony:

really? because your vote seemed to be based almost entirely on who you think wins and ignoring what Zets posted.

zets failed to convince me of my opinion. That is his fault.

this cav is nothing like superman vs spiderman, that you think it is shows you are biased.

Says the Thor fanboy of the century :/

not a stomp, but he clearly won. he never made a contextual mistake and countered everything thrown at him. im wondering if you even read the debate when you say stuff like this:

That is your opinion. As wrong as it may be IMO.

really? did you just ignore how zets explained that magik and limbo mess with any probability/time travel/precognition, or that the maker only has basic knowledge and thus couldnt prep with every outcome, or that the maker doesnt have the time to comb the multiverse, ect?

Zets wanks Magik abilities to high hell. Nothing about Magik ever dealt with these concepts. Also as Thor stated, Maker has years of time on his side thanks to the Dome, not to mention the infinite scenarios City can compute in minuets that lead to blowing yo Multiverse marvel worlds lol. Something you clearly ignored mr bias pants lmao.

not people, a person AKA you are the one ignoring logic.

Says again the guy who miss Thor arguments above, and wants to FORCE his opinion over mine. Get out here with that Hitler shit.

its fine you voted for TP82, he is an awesome debater and debated really well, however its quite clear you are biased so dont even try to say my vote was flawed

im only bias because you dont like my vote... sounds legit.

@jucaslucasa said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

You make a CaV of Superman vs Spider Man,

Got a link of that? :P

There is no CaV of that. I made a comparison lol.

#119 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @jucaslucasa: i never made a spiderman vs superman cav. he is saying this match is a mismatch akin to superman vs spiderman (AKA he is biased as all get out).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#120 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @jucaslucasa: i never made a spiderman vs superman cav. he is saying this match is a mismatch akin to superman vs spiderman (AKA he is biased as all get out).

And your a wanking Thor fanboy. Glad we got that covered. Stop talking shit bro before I wreck ya further.

#122 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17299 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Actually I am not quite sure because you have Black who is MFTL (not even sure how Zetsumoto got that, the guys had 3 episdoes worth of feats and the final fight was a trip fest, lol) using creation blades plus hax, so while it isn't Spidey vs Supes, a case could be made that Zets had the early advantage.

#123 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

zets failed to convince me of my opinion. That is his fault.

you arent supposed to vote with preconceived biases, it may be hard for you not to but those are the rules of cv.

Says the Thor fanboy of the century :/

nobody but WITB is worthy of that title XD! also i voted against the thor character in this thread.

That is your opinion. As wrong as it may be IMO.

i am fine with you having your own opinion, in fact i wasnt going to say anything at all until you posted your snide little remark.

Zets wanks Magik abilities to high hell. Nothing about Magik ever dealt with these concepts.

did you read the debate? zets provided loads of scans for magic and limbo that showed the maker couldnt predict or prep for them effectively.

Also, how did zets wank magik? you are the one who thinks the Maker consistently has the durability to resist omniversal beings trying to kill him, if thats not wanking i dont know what is.

Also as Thor stated, Maker has years of time on his side thanks to the Dome. Something you clearly ignored mr bias pants lmao.

Actually, emperorthanos forbid time manipulation on both sides, so TP82 did not use it. clearly you didnt read the debate and are just voting based on your own bias for Reed.

Says again the guy who miss Thor arguments above,

TP82 didnt make that argument. more proof you didnt actually bother to read the cav in full.

and wants to FORCE his opinion over mine. Get out here with that Hitler shit.

i dont want to force my opinions over yours, you can think Reed wins all you want i dont care, just dont try to say im biased or comment with your petty snide remarks when you are a biased fanboy of ultimate verse characters who wanks Reed as having omniversal durability.

im only bias because you dont like my vote... sounds legit.

no, your biased because of all the reasons listed above. i dont care about your vote, just dont leave your petty comments about me personally, im not the one who wanks Reed as omniversal.

#124 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Actually I am not quite sure because you have Black who is MFTL (not even sure how Zetsumoto got that, the guys had 3 episdoes worth of feats and the final fight was a trip fest, lol) using creation blades plus hax, so while it isn't Spidey vs Supes, a case could be made that Zets had the early advantage.

i think it was still a fair and balanced matchup. The maker can literally harness the power of the big bang.

@asgardianbrony said:

And your a wanking Thor fanboy. Glad we got that covered. Stop talking shit bro before I wreck ya further.

ad hominem at its finest. anyone who looks at your vote can see it was biased and anyone who goes to the thread you made where you argue the maker can resist omniversal beings will know for a fact your a raging fanboy.

#125 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Like I said, go argue about my "bias" somewhere else. I dont have to vote for Zets and agree with everyone else Logic out the window votes. That simple. Go wank Thor above Ghost Rider again. You're better at that.

#126 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

Like I said, go argue about my "bias" somewhere else.

run away XD.

I dont have to vote for Zets and agree with everyone else Logic out the window votes.

of course you dont have to vote in accordance with everyone else, never said you did. all i did was show that you are clearly biased, which you are.

Go wank Thor above Ghost Rider again. You're better at that.

Ad hominem. apparently this is what a HOF debater looks like.

#127 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio

The first episode had nano-second timing feats.

#129 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: @asgardianbrony: You guys need to stfu. I can see AB's point but you have to know your place. SFW needs to stop acting so smug.

#130 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael said:

SFW needs to stop acting so smug.

I love being smug though.

#131 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio
@khael said:

@sirfizzwhizz: @asgardianbrony: You guys need to stfu. I can see AB's point but you have to know your place. SFW needs to stop acting so smug.

lol but it was kinda entertaining to read. xD

#132 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17299 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

The first episode had nano-second timing feats.

Yeah but equating that to MFTL combat speed was interesting (I know you mentioned the final fight but it didn't look MFTL to me since the debris around Klause and Black still moved). Anyway, Thor Parker did't say that so maybe it is just me.

Good read overall though.

#133 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Well the debris were getting tossed around by their own abilities + that impending inter-dimensional collision thing that was going on.

#134 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15780 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell happened here. Can someone do a vote count for me.

#135 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15780 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: @thor_parker82: alright will close it. The other match is already decided so will make the finals soon

my match hasnt finished. zets and blackestnight still want to vote.

#140 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
#141 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Congratulations man, great debate.

Yea, I enjoyed it a lot. Final round will be a three way. I am curious as to how your team would fair in that situation if you had won.

#142 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I would have won the tourney, no doubt.

Joke, I don´t know who the other teams that made it to the finals are, but ´m pretty sure no one can counter Reed, just your damn Limbo.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#143 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9205 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I missed out on the votes, but this was one of the best CaVs I've read. It wasn't until the final posts that I was able to choose a winner. You guys are awesome.

#144 Posted by Arkbound (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I missed out on the votes, but this was one of the best CaVs I've read. It wasn't until the final posts that I was able to choose a winner. You guys are awesome.

agreed I actually just finished reading it myself. definitively one of the better CaV's iv read.

#145 Edited by Chimeroid (9183 posts) - - Show Bio

Joke, I don´t know who the other teams that made it to the finals are, but ´m pretty sure no one can counter Reed, just your damn Limbo.

Cyborg Superman straight up counters Reed and Alice would counter Mangog :D

#146 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

Cyborg Superman straight up counters Reed and Alice would counter Mangog :D

How is CS countering Reed ??

#147 Edited by Chimeroid (9183 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: His main capability is possessing technology and technopathy.

EDIT: Just realized how nigh-illiterate that post was. Shame...

#148 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: His main capability is possessing technology and technopathy.

IMO Infinity Gem that hacks Tech for Tony > Cyborg Supes.

No Caption Provided

Not seeing it IMO.

#149 Posted by Chimeroid (9183 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: And what are the actual feats for that gem? Cuz Cyborg Superman controlled:

1. An entire planet of sentient machines (billions)

2. Apokolips tech

3. Entire Warworld

4. Entire Alpha Lantern Corps

5. The Source Wall

#150 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31136 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

@sirfizzwhizz: And what are the actual feats for that gem? Cuz Cyborg Superman controlled:

1. An entire planet of sentient machines (billions)

2. Apokolips tech

3. Entire Warworld

4. Entire Alpha Lantern Corps

5. The Source Wall

Also I am pretty sure Cyborg's technopathy is not traditional hacking but energy manipulation...