• Spidey sense for devil slayer

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No time manipulation.
  4. No speed steal
  5. No BFR.
  6. No reality warping
  7. No Summons stronger than 616 spider-man.
  8. Summons are limited to 200
  9. Cloning is limited to 10

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote is unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet with no other people on it except for the fighters

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Thor-Parker

T4V

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@beatboks1 How ya wanna 'throw down'? I'm guessing you probably know more about Midnighter than I do.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@supremegeneration: however you want. I can go first ifnyou can wait till tomorrow night (24hrs from now)

Also wouldnt bet on me knowing more on midnighter. Ive read maybe 6 stories with him. The rest is solely from forum posts

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Sorry Dude. Will get back to this tomorrow.

I just spent a little over 2 hrs building my first post (uploaded nearly 150 scans in sections) and the whole thing just freaking dissapeared in front of my face. I'm too gutted to start again just now

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beatboks1

@supremegeneration:

Alright second try

Team introduction

Devil Slayer

DS's Cloak is a dimensional conduit that allows him to travel between dimensions. He can use it to transport anywhere and pull weapons out of it. The rules prevent BFR so I can't use it to leave the battlefield or send opponents from the field. Nothing however prevents me from moving them around it.

He also has TP and uses this to create illusions.

DS is my troop carrier

Aquaman

strength

100+ Tonner with feats easily 400 to 500 tonnes

Durability

Can tank electricity, plasma blasts, bullets, the pressure that would crush a nuclear submarine, having a tank dropped on him. Even when damaged he heals quickly (scan 3 even if he pushes that healing to it's limits and beyond)

Speed

Can dodge lightning, plasma and laser bolts and travel at "thousands of knots

Senses

Incredibly acute hearing and sight plus has often demonstrated using his TP as a danger sense.

TP

Can TP one shot white martians that can match MMH in TP battle, completely telepathically obliterate another powerful telepath who hasn't met their match, breach the TP defenses of an interdimensional being (again that even MMH failed to achieve)

water hand

So the water hand adds healing power. A link to the wellspring of life. The ability to see what anyone who has ever entered a dream state has seen. Amps his TP, Control over water, A dimensional gateway to anywhere that has water, and counters magic.

Arthur is my navy, military inteligence, tactical and my field medic

Valdarian Guy

Valdarian Guy is basically a shape shifting brick who's tough enough to go toe to toe with Superman, Lobo, and Major FOrce and can turn himself into a weapon. He can shape shift his hands to be Mace's, Pick axe, energy blasters, buzz saw, Huge vacuum, a or normal guns/bazzokas. His feet can become rockets. Or he can just make hiss boots as big as you body to "walk all over you"

Guy's both the artillery and the infantry.

Parasite

Parasite is an energy absorber. He absorbs powers, life force, Psionic energy etc.

The parasite is always hungry and in need of more power. The more he drains the more he wants. Suck the life force of a bus full of bistanders (as he did in his post COIE debut) and he simply wants more and more power.

Many mistakenly think that Parasite has to touch people to drain them. this isn't the case (though in every telling it was when he was new to and didn't understand his power)

After absorbing someone's abilities, he has full knowledge/access to their potential power, even latent or that others were unaware of.

The thing about absorbing strange visitor, it changed his power and let him keep the power he absorbed. after which he started to gain other powers.

He acquired the ability to shape change. Right down to the point he could copy someone's DNA to the point of exact perfect reproduction

No Caption Provided

He also has the ability to absorb inertia. I'm not really sure if this is allowed as the rules prohibit speed steal, but it's not like the Speed steal of the Flash, he only slows things by taking inertia, so technically doesn't work on anything with acceleration @emperorthanosmight need to rule on this.

Prep

AQ summons 200 Atlantean soldiers though a watery dimensional gate

He then enters the stream of life to learn of the location of a few artifacts of power, as well as as much as he can about his opponents here.

No Caption Provided

Courtesy of the sea of life Arthur has access to the well of shared ideas of all mankind. As such he will be able to know the exact location of artifacts like the spear of destiny, ring of life, Ebony Blade, Creation Blades,

Devil Slayer then pulls from his cloak (knowing the exact location) the ebony blade and the Ring of life. He also reaches into his cloak and pulls Betty Ross to their current location

Arthur and Devil Slayer pool their TP to program Parasite to act as they want. Parasite touches Betty just long enough to replicate her with his shape shifting. He will enter battle in her exact form (a form perfectly equipped to fight Hulk as it will still possess the powers it has also absorbed of late like Adam Warlock etc in his last tournament battle.

Remember that when Parasite does this he also retains ALL the memories and the persona of the one he copies. He was able to fool Superman for quite the extended period

Battle

Parasite naturally engages Hulk. Hulk's anger will drop as will his strength when he sees Betty and it will drop even further as Parasite absorbs his power simply by being in range.

Aquaman will take on Midnighter. Why?? because his TP is the perfect counter to the battle computer

Mid's normally has a reaction advantage because he knows what's going to happen in advance. Since Arthur can know every counter he's going to use after he's played it thru in his computer he will know how to counter as quickly (remember I already showed Arthur doing this under senses) Arthur has greater speed and reflexes, his wter hand gives him dimensional travel to match doors so all Mid's super feats are pointless.

Guy will take on Groot. he has had the brute resilience and strength to take a fight to Superman and last for an extended period against Lobo. All he has to do is turn his arms into flame throwers and Groot goes all Smokey

That leaves Devil Slayer vs IM. Given that he brought the ebony blade that can cut through anything IM's best armor will be cut to ribbons in no time. And should IM try an energy attack he will simply do what Black Knight did to Zeus' lightning.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Sorry if this was a little lack luster, didn't have the same amount of time and couldn't be bothered putting the same amount of effort into the second attempt. I know I only loaded half as many scans for each section (that I'd actually finished last night) but I just didn't feel like skimming through that many scans again. Pretty sure i got the most pertinent ones though.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beatboks1

@emperorthanos: FYI, the part your tagged in from my opener is a ruling at the end of the parasite section. Just to save you from having to go through everything in detail straight off the bat.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: It's fine m8. I can hopefully have a counter up soon.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Been meaning to ask this for a while:

I have WBH, whose gamma bursts can threaten planets. Does this affect my team or are they immune to it?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@supremegeneration: Your team will be affected as well.

@beatboks1:ehh, It does sort of sound like Speed steal. He is slowing them down in the end which is what I want banned.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: cool wasnt sure since he can only steal inertia its the speed of things not still under power. So say if hulk threw something at him thennslowed but as hulks fist would still be getting force from the muscle then it doesnt slow.

In anycase no go, just so I know

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

Incredible Hulk

No Caption Provided

You guys know him. Big bad Hulk. Very popular.

While saving the life of an innocent, scientist Bruce Banner was caught in the blast of an experimental gamma bomb that transformed him into a rampaging monster with near-limitless power. Hunted and feared by the world around him, he is the strongest there is -- he is the Incredible Hulk!

• Super Stats
  • Healing Factor

Iron Man

No Caption Provided

Industrialist Tony Stark is a technological visionary... a famous, wealthy and unparalleled inventor. Gravely injured by an act of industrial sabotage, Stark saved his own life by designing a life-sustaining shell. With the world's most advanced and powerful suit of armor, Stark transforms into its greatest human fighting machine. He is the Golden Avenger known as Iron Man.

• Super Stats
  • Energy Projection
  • Minor healing factor
  • Bunch of other stuff

Midnighter

No Caption Provided

Second time with Midnighter, so bare with me

Midnighter was a member of an secret experimental academy team created by the insane former Stormwatch Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Bendix erased the team's memories when he gave them superpowers. Midnighter, alongside Apollo, Lamplight, Crow Jane, Amaze, Impetus, and Stalker, formed the ill-fated team that would be sent to their deaths by Henry Bendix on their first mission. When Midnighter and Apollo sought extraction during this mission, it was only to discover that Bendix has no intention of wasting time or resources to save them when he could so easily replace them with more "super-soldiers."

I think that should do it...

• Enhanced (not super) Stats
  • Battle precognition
  • Pain control
  • Enhanced senses

Midnighter, due to my lack of feats, isn't getting a solid showing.

Groot

No Caption Provided

I'm not unfamiliar with Groot, but this is my first time debating with him

The tree-like creature known as Groot was captured by the Kree and put on a team with Star-Lord, Bug, Mantis, and Rocket Raccoon. A tree of few words, Groot formed a bond with the creature known as Rocket Raccoon. Forming the Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot and his best friend Rocket travel through space getting into trouble wherever they go.

Yes, I have lazy C/Pd openers, leave me alone.

• Super stats
  • Dendrokinesis (wood control)
  • Skilled marksman

Other stuff. Again, I never really collected Groot scans but he's an advantage in most scenarios.

That's my intros. Feats l8er.

Prep

This is an advantage I hold. I have 3 hours to prepare, whereas you have one.

WBH Protection

First things first, we have a gamma-filled rage monster that threatens everyone, including my own team. He emits gamma blasts that are unbelievably powerful:

No Caption Provided

City-wide in scale. How do I protect my team from that? I mean one of them would immediately die, the tree would be somewhat bothered, and the other two survive no matter what. The answer lies in BannerTech:

His shields are for everyone. They'll absorb the gamma around them, making them stronger and allowing them to survive the majority of the gamma bursts. 3 of them survive either way, but Middy will need a little more. That's why we also give him some Power Gloves, because by also absorbing gamma through there he can hit harder than ever before.

With those shields, Groot and Midnighter's blunt force resistance just skyrocketed:

No Caption Provided

Groot will likely benefit more from this given he's apparently fighting Guy, whereas Midnighter seems to be completely outclassed. We can change that. Seeing as Midnighter will be seeing your moves before the fight...

In brightest day, in darkest Midnight(er)

Midnigher's precognition is the stuff of awesome. He's going to spend all the allotted hours he can using his battle computer to peer into the future and predict exactly how this fight is going to go down.

Every possible way that this fight can be fought and won (and trust me, there are), Midnighter can see them. Best part is, with my team's Mind Link, he can relay all the information he comes across to Stark and Banner, the main actual preppers. Given that you've decided how you want the fights to go, I can deal with that. Midnighter is nowhere near Aquaman's league, I'd wager even with the BannerTech shields. However, we also have Stark and Banner weapons that can help him take you on:

From Banner alone we have a Richter-scale energy producing stun gun, a stroke-inducing taser, and this one gun with way too much ammunition to name, one of which includes Vibranium rounds. On to Stark's weapons:

Can't even begin to name some of it, but it's very powerful. Is Midnighter going to be carrying this around the entire time? Probably not. He's just going to take what he needs, and what his precog knows will actually work.

The Grootlefield

No Caption Provided

You're going to be facing one giant-ass tree. He's bringing unto himself all the wood he can muster to grow, become the biggest tree in the forest. Have a high vantage point and make sure he can see everything. Might not be necessary with the Mind Link, but it'll help. Remember that Groot's prep is independent from mine (we can teleport the BannerTech Shields to him).

No Caption Provided

These summons (yes, summons, ask ET) which I'm allowed 200 of are going to be one pain in the ass. Each one will take over a tree or set of trees and take control of it. This simultaneously ups our numbers, takes some pressure off the main man, and helps us set a trap.

Groot himself will be the roots, making all the trees he can root ahold of much bigger than they should be. They're going to be towering and their branches will be, for unfortunate lack of a better word, much thicker. Once all is said and done (a forest with one helluva bunch of trees, 200 of which are going to be sentient but still Groot-controlled, all trees being big as heck) we're gonna leave it there. Groot will then make himself the biggest tree in the middle of the forest, communicating with my team via the Mind Link.

Stark/Banner Prep

I'm going to be bringing Model Prime into the table:

No Caption Provided

The Model Prime has showcased the ability to split (aka clone). We're going to make the 10 clones out of it, and beef the armors (still composite) with everything need. You're now stuck facing 11 Iron Men. Along with his current AI, FRIDAY, we're going to ensure they have a place in this battle.

No Caption Provided

We're going to uplink to any satellites up in here, and given that it's a neutral universe and there might not be a Jupiter, I count at the very least 2 celestial bodies in the image. Satellites are going to siphon off whichever has the largest magnetic field, and then keep siphoning off as many planets as possible. Notice how before this, Iron Man couldn't get through those forcefields but afterwards Magneto went flying. His shields have been able to hold off some insanely powerful stuff before.

Before counters, I want to recap:

• 1 Main Groot in a forest with 200 mini-Groots. You know that Groot is a tree but there's at least 3 patches here, and that's assuming you figure out that he's one of those patches.
  • A Midnighter with insane striking and much heavier ammunition than he should have. He knows your every move, you know he knows your every move, and he knows what to bring to take you down.
  • 11 Composite Iron Men with access to Hulkbuster, Uru Armor, and many other feats. You didn't account for that now, did you?
  • One WorldBreaker Hulk with Lightspeed that could probably blitz your team and get this over with.

Counters

Parasite naturally engages Hulk. Hulk's anger will drop as will his strength when he sees Betty and it will drop even further as Parasite absorbs his power simply by being in range.

All wrong. First off, Hulk's anger skyrockets. This is WorldBreaker Hulk, last seen in Heart of the Monster. Do you know who he was fighting that caused him to blow up a planet? Betty fricking Ross! This is likely the numero uno mistake you make. Parasite can also absorb all he wants, because after Ross goes Red She Hulk and Hulk takes her out (now that he can hit while she's a statue), he's going for Parasite.

Is it a safe assumption to say that no one on your team can survive that, let alone hundreds upon hundreds times per second? As for draining, then go ahead, this is the stinking Hulk:

No Caption Provided

For long periods of time, he lets the Spike Elders drain him. These are guys that usually drain stars (looking for scan) and it takes them a while to drain the Hulk here. Parasite isn't going to last long.

Aquaman will take on Midnighter. Why?? because his TP is the perfect counter to the battle computer

Mid's normally has a reaction advantage because he knows what's going to happen in advance. Since Arthur can know every counter he's going to use after he's played it thru in his computer he will know how to counter as quickly (remember I already showed Arthur doing this under senses) Arthur has greater speed and reflexes, his wter hand gives him dimensional travel to match doors so all Mid's super feats are pointless.

TP will be rendered useless during our prep. Midnighter will be aware of what you're planning and with the Mind Link, so will Stark. I believe we all know what Stark does to telepathy:

No Caption Provided

Do you know what this causes? I do, I'll show you later.

Anywho, this becomes a more even match with that out of the way.

Guy will take on Groot. he has had the brute resilience and strength to take a fight to Superman and last for an extended period against Lobo. All he has to do is turn his arms into flame throwers and Groot goes all Smokey

You have to find Groot first. Not only that, but the fight isn't going to be easy if you find him. The shields will keep him alive for a while (then you have to deal with his moreso impressive durability) and with 200 mini-Groots they can simply restrain you:

No Caption Provided

That's a large creature. Groot couldn't do it by himself. But 200 mini-Groots helping? Even then, they might not completely restrain you, but they will most certainly slow you down, we can't deny that. Groot Prime can lay a beating when needed.

That leaves Devil Slayer vs IM. Given that he brought the ebony blade that can cut through anything IM's best armor will be cut to ribbons in no time. And should IM try an energy attack he will simply do what Black Knight did to Zeus' lightning.

No Caption Provided

Oh you mean that Ebony Blade? The one that couldn't put him down for more than 5 seconds? Let's see how it works out for him. He's fighting someone massively superior in most regards. I can enter into detail next round.

Parasite

Telepathy is cancelled out. That's how you had him in submission. It's possible he turns on your team and becomes a third party, draining them in the process before getting pummeled by Hulk. Just a thought.

Conclusion

Massively outgunned, outmanned (though your Atlanteans are likely > Mini-Groots, Iron Men + Hulk AoEs take care of that), and you just further pissed a planet destroying monster fueled by rage. We know most of your moves before you do, your telepathy is cancelled out and one of your own teammates is likely to go against you now.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beatboks1

@supremegeneration:

Rebuttals/Questions

Midnighter issue

Midnigher's precognition is the stuff of awesome. He's going to spend all the allotted hours he can using his battle computer to peer into the future and predict exactly how this fight is going to go down.

I May be wrong (because as I said I'm not super familiar with Midnighter) so correct me if this isn't the case but i don't believe Midnighter's precog works quite the way your going to use it in the underlined. As I understand it the implants that Mid's has enhance his senses and with those enhancements his battle computer runs scenarios in an instant. He doesn't actually have precognition it's simply that his computer runs the possibilities and he knows the most probable and the next likely alternatives.

This happens as the battle progresses. As you don't have basic knowledge of your opponents or any way to acquire that knowledge during prep I don't see how Mid's spends "the allotted prep) running scenarios with his computer.

This create's a problem for this

Best part is, with my team's Mind Link, he can relay all the information he comes across to Stark and Banner, the main actual preppers.

Since that knowledge won't be passed until the battle is underway these "preppers" wont be able to take advantage of it. So with Arthur TP reading Mid's he'll know it when you do.

It also means that

He's just going to take what he needs, and what his precog knows will actually work.

Can't happen as he wont know what he needs or will actually work until the battle starts and as BFR is not allowed he can't go and get it. Maybe you'd like to borrow my shadow cloak ??? UNLIKE Mid's Doors I can get things during the battle without leaving with it.

Groot issue

These summons (yes, summons, ask ET) which I'm allowed 200 of are going to be one pain in the ass. Each one will take over a tree or set of trees and take control of it. This simultaneously ups our numbers, takes some pressure off the main man, and helps us set a trap.

Yes you are allowed 200 summons, but the limit for these is Spiderman level. I'm pretty sure that 200 mini groots is well above that level to fit in the summons category

Banner Tech issue

The Model Prime has showcased the ability to split (aka clone). We're going to make the 10 clones out of it, and beef the armors (still composite) with everything need. You're now stuck facing 11 Iron Men. Along with his current AI, FRIDAY, we're going to ensure they have a place in this battle.

Wait you already used your 200 summons and now want 10 more that are substantially above the summons limit?? Now I know what you'll say, we're allowed 10 clones, but what your doing isn't "cloning

Cloning wiould be if you created 10 Tony Starks

clonekləʊn/noun

1. 1.BIOLOGYan organism or cell, or group of organisms or cells, produced asexually from one ancestor or stock, to which they are genetically identical."vines representing all the 15 existing clones were planted"

That isn't what you've done in calling armors.

Taking quite a few liberties aren't we??

Counters rebuttal

Parasite can also absorb all he wants, because after Ross goes Red She Hulk and Hulk takes her out

I never said I was becoming "red She Hulk Betty", but just plain Betty Ross. She wont go Red She Hulk because Arthur will have TP programed Parasite to become Betty before the Leader and Modok brought her back. He will act as Betty prior to her programing. Remember he replaced Lois Lane for quite some time and Superman with all his senses didn't know the difference even privately interacting with her.

The self same Betty who was always able to calm the savage Hulk will be the Betty that WBH now sees. When he sees that she is being harmed by his Gamma bursts (as Parasite will also be programmed by Arthur to appear to do) and still doesn't transform into Red She Hulk there will be the usual affect

Is it a safe assumption to say that no one on your team can survive that, let alone hundreds upon hundreds times per second?

It's energy and lots of it. Parasite will literally thrive on it and become more powerful, he lives for more energy and the more he drains the more he wants/needs. Arthur has the water hand which is linked to the force of life itself. The very

wellspring of life. It allows him to bring the almost dead back to full health and life in an instant.

Even when Arthur himself is unconscious the hand acts on it's own.

Then of course I have brought two artifacts that can help with this also the ebony Blade that can absorb the lightning of Zeus and return it as an attack.

No Caption Provided

But I Suppose the energies of WBH are above those of a mere skyfather right???

I Also brought the ring of Life. It's a little trinket really, a trinket that gives the wearer the power to defeat the Spectre. It is the trinket that was given to the Spectre every time he faced an opponent who was above his power level to amp him. It has allowed the various wearers to heal themselves from damage vastly greater than mere planetary destruction level. It has allowed the wearer to completely control anything living or dead. The Ring will be given to Guy to increase his durability and to allow him complete control over anything living or dead that he desires. Those 200 summons of little Groot that are OP to the rules just became my little play things. The ring will protect Guy from any harm and pretty much ensure that if anyone on my team does fall they just remain in battle under the Control of Guy with the ring (even more powerful since now they are beyond the grave).

One last thing, Don't forget I have the perk of invisibility. It's not exactly going to be easy for your team to even see where mine are unless I allow it. Iron man might be the only one who can sense where my team is, and relying on only a TP link could be a problem.

Conclusion errors

I brought an artifact up there with an Infinity Gauntlet plus another that matches Skyfathers but I'm OUTGUNNED ??? Really???

We have even numbers if we're not breaking the rules.

Mini Groot's >>>> Atlanteans who aren't Spidey level

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@beatboks1: I see it's been more than two weeks. since he has posted here. If he doesn't reply in a day or so I will just move you to the finals.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: im hoping to post again tonight or tomorrow. I know supergenertion hasnt replied but i got thru the first two rounds due to lack of counter resposnses from adversaries. It wouldnt be fare to ger into tue finals having only really had samconery actually offer a counter debate. It wouldnt be fair because anyone else in the finals would have already shown almost everything their teams can do and I really havent had to

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@beatboks1: You won both your matches in voting. Which is more than enough.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@beatboks1: It's been a while so I'm just checking. But you are still in for the finals right? You match ended a little early so the others are still going on.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By beatboks1