• 138 results
#1 Edited by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's been half a year but the finals of My High Tier PYP has arrived.

Finals

@zetsumoto

Characters:

• Magik (Marvel)- 3
  • Black (Kekkai Sensen)- 4
  • Rachel Grey 3 (phoniex echo)

Perk:

• 2.5 hours prep anywhere- 5
  • Creation Blade- 10
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Versus

@beatboks1

Characters

1. Devil Slayer 1
  2. Parasite 3
  3. Waterhand Aquaman 3
  4. Vuldurian Guy Gardner 3

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Perks

• Basic knowledge
  • 1 hr prep
  • invisibility x 4 for all my team
  • Spidey sense for devil slayer

Versus

@chimeroid

Characters

• Cyborg Superman 7 (With Sinestro Rings)
  • Black Alice 3

Perks

• Mind Resistance +6
  • Light Speed +7 Alice
  • Mind Link
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No time manipulation.
  4. No speed steal
  5. No BFR.
  6. No reality warping
  7. No Summons stronger than 616 spider-man.
  8. Summons are limited to 200
  9. Cloning is limited to 10

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote is unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet with no other people on it except for the fighters.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

Oohhh T4V

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#4 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V. I love seeing the finals, weird that it is always the same people though. Lol.

#5 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

That's because they know how to pick teams who play off of each other perfectly.

It's a credit to them.

#6 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: Yeah, but it would be cool if there was a new finalist once in a while, we might get a new winner though which is cool.

#7 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V. I love seeing the finals, weird that it is always the same people though. Lol.

Yes it is. Someone else needs to start making broken teams and winning.

#8 Edited by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: You have to start allowing a Battlefield Location perk. Granted, it should cost all your perk points and an arm and a leg, but it'd be worth it :)

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#9 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: You have to start allowing a Battlefield Location perk. Granted, it should cost all your perk points and an arm and a leg, but it'd be worth it :)

I don't think you realize how powerful some of these characters are in their own dimensions. kek

#10 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13227 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Chimeroid (9225 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

I have to object to this. We do not win because of broken teams (well, zetsu does :P) but because we are really good at debating. And i do know how cocky it sounds, but there were plenty of broken teams in this tourney. (Thanos+ Vulkan, Brony's team, Maker and Mangog, and the list goes on). If you go through the teams you can see that it is "broken teams" all around.

I even intentionally shot myself in the foot by not using any prep at all.

#12 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: It was just a joke. Lol.

But Thanos and Vulcan\Maker and Mangog were just good pairs and not really a broken teams IMO.

#13 Edited by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: it was joke. Practically every team was broken this time.

#15 Posted by Chimeroid (9225 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @emperorthanos: Oh, i apologize then. Either way, i am mostly offended in the name of Beatboks1 who consistently takes underpowered characters and wins through sheer experience and skill

#16 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by beatboks1 (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: sorry been off line for a few days. Try and get to this in the next day or 2.

#19 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

Impossible.

#20 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
#21 Posted by deactivated-597fe3e7af56f (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Helloman (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#23 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking to start the next edition as soon as possible since this tourney has taken quite a bit longer than previous editions. Atleast get a short opener up as soon as you can.

#24 Posted by HigherPower (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: At least one of your tourney's made it to the finals. How's the high tier one?

#25 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: This tourney always makes it to the finals(This is the 4rth time I have run it). Other looks like it may continue into the next round.

For some reason this is the one tourney of mine where people manage to participate till the end.

#26 Posted by HigherPower (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Wait you've done it 4 times? Lol is that why someone mentioned it being the same people

But yeah I wanna participate. I still don't know how it works though, I see some characters who aren't high tier

#27 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Wait you've done it 4 times? Lol is that why someone mentioned it being the same people

But yeah I wanna participate. I still don't know how it works though, I see some characters who aren't high tier

Yup Chimeroid has won it twice and Zets once. So yeah it has ended up being the same people.

It's not to complicated. You have 10 points to spend on a selection of characters that I have made. And the selection is pretty comprehensive.

#28 Posted by HigherPower (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Ok if you ever get around to doing it again please tag me

#29 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan said:

Yup Chimeroid has won it twice and Zets once. So yeah it has ended up being the same people.

It's not to complicated. You have 10 points to spend on a selection of characters that I have made. And the selection is pretty comprehensive.

Can you start another one exactly like this one? I want a chance to build a legit team and crush someone without my mind having to go blank.

#31 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

If i didnt say it already, T4V!!!

This tourney was a ton of fun and i cant wait for the next one, i already have an epic team in mind.

#33 Posted by beatboks1 (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos:

Sorry guys. My sinus' have been giving me hell for a week. I'm in agony looking at a screen long enough to just write this. I might have to bow out ATM.

#34 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Oh sorry to hear that. Hope you get better

#35 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@emperorthanos:

Sorry guys. My sinus' have been giving me hell for a week. I'm in agony looking at a screen long enough to just write this. I might have to bow out ATM.

Do sinus rinses.

Also, when I post, I'll treat you like you're still a participant. That way, you can decide if you are still out when both me and Chime have made our openers.

#36 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 Now that I have my final post in the final round of a different tourney out of the way, I am going to start working on my post now. Should I include you in my strategy or are you still out? Personally I think it would suck to not get the bragging rights of taking on Beatboks in a high-tier tourney. =P

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#37 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18239 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#39 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

@chimeroid: @beatboks1: DO. NOT. LET. ZETS. WIN.

lol Shut up and make your final post. I am seriously about to just open that shit for voting at this point. xD

#40 Edited by beatboks1 (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I'm almost back to normal so since this hasnt proceded i can probably compete. Just didnt wamt to hold sh!t up

#41 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I think we're all a little CaV fatigued, so the break was fine. xD

#42 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

bump. dont let this die!

#44 Posted by Chimeroid (9225 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: alrighty. cant wait to read through this.

#46 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31452 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Sly_141 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao. T4V

#48 Posted by beatboks1 (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I'll try and gwt mine up tomorrow also. Its going ro be much the same as the prep i used every round except that some of the artifacts I'll be collecting will be more specifically targeted at the opponents. For example you have gotta know I'm gonna have Devil Slayer get the disc of the 7 since i have specific scans that show Black Alice has trouble copying/taking on Occult's power 😁

#49 Edited by beatboks1 (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto:

@chimeroid:

Team introduction

Devil Slayer

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

DS's Cloak is a dimensional conduit that allows him to travel between dimensions. He can use it to transport anywhere and pull weapons out of it. The rules prevent BFR so I can't use it to leave the battlefield or send opponents from the field. Nothing however prevents me from moving them around it.

He also has TP and uses this to create illusions.

DS is my troop carrier

Aquaman

strength

100+ Tonner with feats easily 400 to 500 tonnes

Durability

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

Can tank electricity, plasma blasts, bullets, the pressure that would crush a nuclear submarine, having a tank dropped on him. Even when damaged he heals quickly (scan 3 even if he pushes that healing to it's limits and beyond)

Speed

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Can dodge lightning, plasma and laser bolts and travel at "thousands of knots

Senses

Incredibly acute hearing and sight plus has often demonstrated using his TP as a danger sense.

TP

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Can TP one shot white martians that can match MMH in TP battle, completely telepathically obliterate another powerful telepath who hasn't met their match, breach the TP defenses of an interdimensional being (again that even MMH failed to achieve)

water hand

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16

So the water hand adds healing power. A link to the wellspring of life. The ability to see what anyone who has ever entered a dream state has seen. Amps his TP, Control over water, A dimensional gateway to anywhere that has water, and counters magic.

Arthur is my navy, military inteligence, tactical and my field medic

Valdarian Guy

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16Gallery image 17Gallery image 18Gallery image 19Gallery image 20

Valdarian Guy is basically a shape shifting brick who's tough enough to go toe to toe with Superman, Lobo, and Major FOrce and can turn himself into a weapon. He can shape shift his hands to be Mace's, Pick axe, energy blasters, buzz saw, Huge vacuum, a or normal guns/bazzokas. His feet can become rockets. Or he can just make hiss boots as big as you body to "walk all over you"

Guy's both the artillery and the infantry.

Parasite

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Parasite is an energy absorber. He absorbs powers, life force, Psionic energy etc.

The parasite is always hungry and in need of more power. The more he drains the more he wants. Suck the life force of a bus full of bistanders (as he did in his post COIE debut) and he simply wants more and more power.

Many mistakenly think that Parasite has to touch people to drain them. this isn't the case (though in every telling it was when he was new to and didn't understand his power)

After absorbing someone's abilities, he has full knowledge/access to their potential power, even latent or that others were unaware of.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

The thing about absorbing strange visitor, it changed his power and let him keep the power he absorbed. after which he started to gain other powers.

He acquired the ability to shape change. Right down to the point he could copy someone's DNA to the point of exact perfect reproduction

No Caption Provided

He also has the ability to absorb inertia. I'm not really sure if this is allowed as the rules prohibit speed steal, but it's not like the Speed steal of the Flash, he only slows things by taking inertia, so technically doesn't work on anything with acceleration @emperorthanosmight need to rule on this.

Prep

AQ summons 200 Atlantean soldiers though a watery dimensional gate

He then enters the stream of life to learn of the location of a few artifacts of power, as well as, as much as he can about his opponents here.

No Caption Provided

Courtesy of the sea of life Arthur has access to the well of shared ideas of all mankind. As such he will be able to know the exact location of artifacts like the spear of destiny, ring of life, Ebony Blade, Creation Blades, Dr Occult's disk of the 7nd the power Gem, the soul gem, power stone, and the easiest location to acquire a Quardian yellow power ring

Devil Slayer then pulls from his cloak (knowing the exact location) the ebony blade and the Ring of life, disk of 7, yellow power ring, power gem. Soul gem. Arthur's trident and the spear of destiny.

The powerstone will be given to Arthur who will use it to further enhance his own TP and grant TK like it did to the Female Ultra humanite. Like her Arthur will use his will to embed the stone in his forehead to allow him to better use its power

No Caption Provided

Arthur will then use the powerstone and his water hand to merge his trident and the spear into a single weapon

The soul gem, the disk of the 7 and ebony blade will be wielded by Devil slayer. Soul gem of course to amp his TP, the disk becaue he has the greatest knowledge of magic, amd the ebony blade because he's already used it.

The power gem and the ring of life will be given to parasite. He needs to to constantly feed on energy and is amped by it. The more he feeds the stronger his energy drain gets. This energy drain extends to life force itself. Being in possession of the ring that is a direct link to life energy and the power gem his starting energy will be ridiculously high

Arthur and Devil Slayer pool their TP to program Parasite to act as they want. Parasite touches Betty just long enough to replicate her with his shape shifting. He will enter battle in her exact form (a form perfectly equipped to fight Hulk as it will still possess the powers it has also absorbed of late like Adam Warlock etc in his last tournament battle.

#50 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

finally.