#1 Edited by EmperorThanos (11598 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 of the second edition of my 2017 high tier pyp.

@apex_pretador

Characters

1. Golden Frieza 8
  2. Jean Grey 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Perks

• 1 hour prep (1)
  • X men (1)
  • Adamantium - Freeza (2)
  • Nightcrawler's teleportation - Freeza (3)
  • Batman Martial Arts (Freeza) - (1)
  • Deadpool's healing Freeza (7)

Versus

@morleericks

Characters

• HP Doomsday - 7
  • Midnighter - 1
  • Lucifer(Supernatural) 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Perks

• Perfect Team Work 5
  • 1 hour prep 1 x 2
  • Magic immunity 8

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No time manipulation.
  4. No speed steal
  5. No BFR.
  6. No reality warping
  7. No Summons stronger than 616 spider-man.
  8. Summons are limited to 200
  9. Cloning is limited to 10

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote is unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet with no other people on it except for the fighters.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by DeathHero61 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

Now THIS is gonna be a fight.

#3 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: great

I really want to face HP doomsday. I wanted to face you in round 1 also.

Such a shame I'm not repping Thanos

#7 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: why is tha a shame? From the little I know, Frieza is quite powerful.

#8 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: because I wanted to beat doomsday with Thanos. Freeza is extremely powerful but I just have a taste of killing the unkillable with a killing lover.

#9 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by shirso (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Hoping to see HP Doomsday in all his murderous glory.

#12 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (10398 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#13 Posted by Watcher5000 (7355 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#14 Posted by beatboks1 (9170 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Helloman (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#16 Posted by shirso (1729 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: told you it would take me a minute. I'm excited for this CaV but can't post an opener until I reach a computer. Mine is out.

#19 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: idk anything about Frieza.

He's your typical DB character with speed, strength and energy blasts. He can survive in space

#25 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: I am sure he is anything but typical. Otherwise he wouldn't be 8 pts.

How easy is it to crush his skull?

#26 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: I am sure he is anything but typical. Otherwise he wouldn't be 8 pts.

He's powerful

How easy is it to crush his skull?

Outside the capability of Doomie

#27 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: how is it "outside his capabilities"?

I should've said outside his "hands".

That would be proven after you post your opener.

#29 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: ;)

I've researched Frieza but am not as knowledgeable as others. But based on that, and others experts opinions, it shouldn't be outside his hands at all.

I will post as soon as I can but feel welcome to post as well

#30 Edited by EmperorThanos (11598 posts) - - Show Bio

I've researched Frieza but am not as knowledgeable as others. But based on that, and others experts opinions, it shouldn't be outside his hands at all.

I have to ask, who are the expert opinions you are referring to?

#31 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, go ahead. I know doomsday almost as much as I know Freeza and that's not a good thing.

#32 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: confidence. I like it. Good Luck

@emperorthanos: PM and I will say

#33 Posted by EmperorThanos (11598 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by morleericks (10835 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: my laptop is broken but if morleericks doesn't post by this Saturday, I'll copy my opener and edit.

#36 Edited by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey:

No Caption Provided

Intro:

She is a mutant from earth.

Her powers appear to be based on psionic powers - telepathy and telekinesis.

She is famously associated with the powerful phoenix force.

Telepathy

Her strongest and most well known power. Jean is one of the strongest telepath of all Marvel.

Charles Xavier is ill, so Jean holds a telepathic meeting, combining all minds telepathically.

No Caption Provided

Casually having a conversation from the other side of the planet

No Caption Provided

TP's a large number of people, including the juggernaut himself

No Caption Provided

Juggernaut has his helmet on and still Jean causes him as much pain as Xaiver. It is worth noting that this is young Jean who was still learning and developing her powers.

I guess these should suffice for now.

Jean will overpower and outdo Raizel in telepathy, which I will focus further on in my next post.

Physicals

Jean isn't a physical fighter, but in her pink form, she can fight powerhouses like Iron Man

No Caption Provided

And using her telekinesis, Abomination

No Caption Provided

Telekinesis

Telekinesis is also one of her primary powers

Other than making shields, she can also use TK to exert force

No Caption Provided

On large and heavy objects

OR

No Caption Provided

At a very precise level, with her back turned on, on multiple targets

Ofcourse there are more, which will be explored later.

Her TK will enable her to get in some major offense as well as allow her to be crafty in most situations.

Freeza

Intro:

The former emperor and strongest being in the universe (universe 7 according to DB Super) for several decades before being overpowered by and defeated by Super Saiyan Goku. He was, however, despite having 0 ki left and being cut to pieces by his own last resort attack, survived Goku's kamehameha as well as planet blowing up in his face, and was able to fully function by having mechanical implants to cover for 60% of his body gone. However, he was killed by Super Saiyan Trunks.

Later, in Dragon Ball Super, he was revived by leftover soldiers of his army, and upon hearing that Goku had greatly powered-up, he decided to train, as he had never trained a single day in his life. He vastly powers up, not only more powerful than his former full power even in his first form (weakest form), but also unlocking a new form, called Golden Freeza. However, Goku and Vegeta, both vastly powered up thanks to training with whis, and whis's time-travel plot-device combined were able to defeat Freeza by exploiting his weakness.

However, he was revived again recently, where he overcame his weakness and is ready to participate in "tournament of power", the current arc of dragon-ball super.

Physicals

I will start with much, much weaker version of Freeza, when he first appeared on Planet Namek.

Freeza gets kicked through 2-3 small islands, the impact completely devastating one of them

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Is only worried about getting dirty and is not even slightly hurt. And he was off-guard

Freeza has not 2, not 3, not 4 but 5 limbs which he can use proficiently in combat:

It is worth noting that Freeza has not trained a single day before this.

https://youtu.be/H9sQxdQxjVY?t=8159

He resists kamehameha from Super Saiyan Goku 9who was stronger than him), then blitzes him so hard that despite being stronger than him, Goku is dragged down by him several kilometers (to Lava depths) strength and speed feat

Also, he flies out of the pit almost instantly speed feat

And since he went down to below lava level depth, this shows that unlike most DB characters, Freeza doesn't have weakness to high temperatures. durability feat

https://youtu.be/H9sQxdQxjVY?t=8837 Throws Goku hard enough to completely shatter a small mountain.

https://youtu.be/H9sQxdQxjVY?t=8848 Throws Goku again, this time so hard that not only does he shatter a part of another small mountain, but goes through it to cloud height. And he threw goku forward, not upwards. That makes it far more impressive.

At 2:27:54, Freeza hits Goku with a knee strike, and look at the crater formed at 2:28:00 (despite Goku blocking his knee with his palm).

Their exchanging of blows completely obliterates a large mountain and destroys majority of other large mountains.

Now let me focus on his speed.

How fast is Freeza in close quarter combat?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Here, we see that Freeza is using only half his power, and completely stomping the hell out of Goku. Goku can't even tag him or even touch him, while Freeza is blitzing him around.

On the other hand, King Kai confirms that Goku is using Kaio-Ken times ten. Kaio-Ken is a technique which multiplies your power, strength, speed, ki and durability.

So, Freeza is so fast that Goku increases his speed ten times and is not even able to touch him.

Energy Projection

This is where Freeza shines the most.

Here the weakest version of Freeza (pre Namek battle) who hasn't trained a single day, in his weakest form (first form) blows up planet vegeta (a planet with atleast 10x the gravity of earth) casually while laughing

So basically, he can spam planet-busting attacks, even in his weakest form, before his massive recent power-up.

Oh wait, you might be thinking it seems a bit too much to believe. Or is it an outlier? Well no.

Far weaker characters like Piccolo and Roshi have destroyed the moon in one shot.

Now I know that there is a big difference in moon and a planet, the difference between this version of Piccolo and first form Freeza is unfathomable.

While power levels are inconsistent and non-linear, they are not meaningless. They do signify the power gaps. I will like to mention that when he destroyed the moon, Roshi's power level was 139 and Piccolo's power level was 329. On the other hand, First Form Freeza's power level is 530,000.

Also the differences in power are backed up by feats, which I can provide if you want.

Anyways, I will not base my argument on one feat of Freeza and scaling with weaker characters.

2:29:20, Freeza creates a massive energy ball instantly without any need to charge it, and throws it towards Goku, who manages to resist it and punches it away. It then is forced outside the planet towards another planet, hits it and completely blows it up on contact

Also, speed feat since Goku's punch forced the blast to move so fast that it covered interplanetary distance in moments, and Freeza was catching around and dodging around most of his punches

Telekinesis

Freeza got very strong and very precise telekinesis. While not as precise as Jean, he can still use it

• As a distraction
  • To throw your team off balance
  • To take out weaker members of your team
  • To gain advantage if somehow your team manages to put pressure against my team.

Other powers

Casually slices up the planet in half with a wave of his hand. Now, just imagine this attack touching any of your teammates, they are toast.

And he did it at half power, and this is much weaker version of Freeza than the one we are using.

Fighting skill

No Caption Provided

Goku, who is extremely skilled, is having a hard time against Freeza who is only using his legs, and Freeza hasn't even trained a day since he was born!!

More on it later

Ki sensing and other stuff

Freeza has learnt to sense ki

Minute: 9

Freeza: "Judging from the energy I'm sensing, it seems that I will be the victor, does it not?"

Goku: "I think it'll be a close match."

Freeza: "No, I am superior."

Significance: A major plot point on Namek was that Freeza was unable to sense energy without a scouter. It seems that in his training, he not only learned to sense energy, but godly energy as well. Quite an improvement. Some groups mistranslated this as Freeza telling Goku to sense his energy & feel how superior he is.

Official translation from Herms

for this

No Caption Provided

Oh, and now that he has trained further (in hell, without his body, just as a soul)

Nobody can tag him, even when his back is turned and he is careless

No Caption Provided

He can fire homing energy beams (dozens at once) which will seek out target and annihilate them.

No Caption Provided

More later

X-Men; Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Beast

Kinda misleading image since colossus and storm aren't here, but beast and gambit are
Kinda misleading image since colossus and storm aren't here, but beast and gambit are

Wolverine:

Speed:

Too fast for Thor

No Caption Provided

Panel 1: "Too fast"

Panel 3: "Continues to dodge my finest blows"

Thor got microsecond reactions

And can catch tank shells easily

Strength:

Casually tosses adult male Lion (they weight 400-450 lbs) with one hand
Casually tosses adult male Lion (they weight 400-450 lbs) with one hand

He can clearly exhibit multi-ton strength

Swinging around a huge tree trunk as a weapon
Swinging around a huge tree trunk as a weapon

Durability

Tanks Cyclops's blast

But meh, I'll post one of his top showing already

No Caption Provided

It took World War Hulk about 8 blows to take out Wolverine. This is when he is holding him tightly with one hand (so that Logan doesn't fly away by the force of hit and instead is forced to take 100% of the impact).

This is the same WWHulk who with 3-shots Hercules and turned his face into half-broken skull.

Senses

Can fight without seeing

Also, invisibility is useless, again

No Caption Provided

His senses are insanely good

No Caption Provided

Claws:

His claws can cut beings like Thor, Hulk and Gladiator with ease

Nightcrawler

He is fast

He can dance around barrage of bullets and can also react to bullets AFTER being fired, at close range

His teleportation is beyond fast

No Caption Provided

Even while carrying one person with him, he can travel 800 miles (1300 km) in less than a minuteand he is making successive teleport trips which look to be hundred feet or so. Since he would have to react and teleport everytime (tens of thousands of times, or more), to finish it in less than a minute, his teleportation speed should be insane.

He can teleport objects into enemies or take off body parts and teleport them away, against their will

Gambit

He can charge objects with energy

And can release energy through objects

Cyclops

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Annihilates buildings

Carves paths through many mountains

Holds back World War Hulk, even causing him discomfort

Crushes Apocalypse

Beast:

He is a genius, super strong ( can shake ground with his punches and toss cars like a joke), has super durability (can take hits from spiderman level characters), super-speed (can dodge bullets), and has great senses.

Prep:

• Jean Grey creates a mind link
  • Everyone gets to know each other
  • They form a strategy
  • It is decided that Logan and Freeza will be in the frontline, Nightcrawler will be support, beast and cyclops will act as distractions and behind them, Jean will be prepared for initiating a telepathic attack on the opposite team
  • Gambit will charge the adamantium weapons and wolverine's claws with energy to just further enhance the damage done.

How the fight goes:

• Freeza teleports right behind midnighter, decapitates, then behind lucifer, decapitates and then doomsday, then decapitates
  • If somehow someone is able to avoid initial decapitation, Jean TP's them
  • If somehow they resist, Freeza blows a hole through them at a pressure point killing them
  • If they still survive, casual planet-busting blows turn your teammates to vapor

How my perks help me:

• Freeza has deadpool level healing. This is a guy who can no-sell planet-busters, can be torn to pieces and still be alive with added healing factor which lets a human survive as a pool of blood. He will never be put down by your team.
  • Freeza got adamantium weapons. Adamantium claws in Wolverine's hands allwed him to easily cut beings like Hulk, Thor and Gladiator, with Logan's 2-3 tonner strength. Good luck with this being in someone super-strong like Freeza's hands.
  • Nightcrawler's teleportation powers allow Freeza to be wherever he wants whenever he wants in the battlefield. His reaction and combat speed, far faster than anyone, combined with teleportation which allows a street leveler to make several tens of thousands of trips in less than a minute makes a deadly combo.
  • Batman's skill, combined with his own fighting skill, makes another deadly combo. You won't be able to hit him with vital point strikes, but he can pressure-point you. He doesn't need to see anyone. He can hear you, he can feel you by sensing energy and he can strike you, at vital places, and take care of your team members.

#37 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Kevd4wg (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#39 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by shirso (1729 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by APEX_pretador (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by EmperorThanos (11598 posts) - - Show Bio