2017 High Tier PYP 2nd Edition Finals: MajinBlackheart vs Apex_Pretador vs Shirso(Closed - Apex wins)

• 164 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 emperorthanos-  Moderator

AP:4

SH:0

MB:2

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By Chronicplane

@major_hellstrom said:

@emperorthanos-: @apex_pretador:@majinblackheart@shirso Alright, I shall vote for that juicy juicy perk. This was actually a really refreshing debate, the posts were short, the arguments barely had hax and everything was easy to understand and not convoluted. So good on you guys. However, as to my vote, I will break down how each of you did in order

Preface:

I just want to say that I am not claiming to know more about any of these characters than you guys do. I have a basic knowledge on almost everyone (except Sani), but not nearly enough to correct any of you. So what I will say will be based of what you have posted.

Shirso: You made a lot of good points, however, if I were to describe your team in one word it would be outclassed. See, while your strategy was nothing short of creative, Majin was practically able to walk right through everything you threw up simply because his team almost perfectly countered your plan. His team was immune to telepathy and your biological attacks (Stardust especially) which were your mains draws. So there was really little you could do to beat him. As for your battle against Apex, you made good points and were able to hold your own, but it was not enough to grant you the win, especially since Apex raised valid points as well.

Apex:: You did really well, but your arguments were hit or miss at times. You pointing out the in-character part of Shirso's plan and you pointing out Majin's "physical invulnerability" are just some examples of well thought out counters. But your claims that Namek Frieza heavily outclasses Stardust were just pushing it and frankly, unnecessary. Also, you seemed to rely on the fact that you had the most powerful character as your main argument, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it makes debating skill less pronounced. Luckily you did have moments to shine but those moments were not often.

Majin: Honestly, you were the most pleasantly surprising here. At a glance, you held zero advantages here, you didn't have a power advantage or a speed advantage or a hax advantage or a prep advantage. Basically nothing. But what you did have was an OOC advantage, that being skill and knowledge. You were able to take your pretty mediocre team and carry them to the finals and not only that but you were a legit threat, and that is commendable. This is a direct contrast to Apex leaning on his team for the advantage, which again, isn't a bad thing. But with that said your arguments weren't perfect, and some were, to put it bluntly, less than desirable. An example of this would be your claim that Stardust "Cannot be physically harmed or destroyed" when your scan was clearly showing that Stardust was saying that Beta Ray Bill (or whoever she was talking to) could not harm or destroy her.

Verdict:

I say this is a tie between Apex and Majin. Majin raised more good points against Shirso and Apex, while Apex raised more good counters against Majin and Shirso. So it's a tie for me, but since Apex already has two votes and will likely win anyway, I'll toss my vote for @majinblackheart just cause.

This is basically it for me, between Apex and Majin. All of you did exceptionally well and this was an amazing debate which as such I'm gonna vote for a tie If that is allowed.

I know very little of Stardust (If any), I'm familiar with Shirso's team and am knowledgeable on DBZ so I thought Apex had an enormous advantage in this battle but this debate proofed me wrong.

A phenomenal debate.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#153 darthjhawk  Moderator

@emperorthanos-: @apex_pretador:@majinblackheart@shirso: I'll be giving a vote here as well if you don't mind.Sorry that it is shorter than my usual votes, but I'm going into my next class.

While this was an amazing debate, and one worthy of the finals I felt that @majinblackheart took it, with Apex in a close second. And Shirso in third. While I felt that Shirso's plan was really good, it felt like he couldn't do everything to its fullest due to previous restrictions on his prep. Aside from that though, I felt Majin & Apex countered his strategy really well enough to turn this into a 2 way battle. From there I felt that Majin overall had the superior arguments (not by a lot though) this was really close. And I was convinced mainly due to Majin's arguments about Stardust's speed or endurance. With that being said I'm going to give my vote to Majin.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom said:

@emperorthanos-: @apex_pretador:@majinblackheart@shirso Alright, I shall vote for that juicy juicy perk. This was actually a really refreshing debate, the posts were short, the arguments barely had hax and everything was easy to understand and not convoluted. So good on you guys. However, as to my vote, I will break down how each of you did in order

Preface:

I just want to say that I am not claiming to know more about any of these characters than you guys do. I have a basic knowledge on almost everyone (except Sani), but not nearly enough to correct any of you. So what I will say will be based of what you have posted.

Shirso: You made a lot of good points, however, if I were to describe your team in one word it would be outclassed. See, while your strategy was nothing short of creative, Majin was practically able to walk right through everything you threw up simply because his team almost perfectly countered your plan. His team was immune to telepathy and your biological attacks (Stardust especially) which were your mains draws. So there was really little you could do to beat him. As for your battle against Apex, you made good points and were able to hold your own, but it was not enough to grant you the win, especially since Apex raised valid points as well.

Apex:: You did really well, but your arguments were hit or miss at times. You pointing out the in-character part of Shirso's plan and you pointing out Majin's "physical invulnerability" are just some examples of well thought out counters. But your claims that Namek Frieza heavily outclasses Stardust were just pushing it and frankly, unnecessary. Also, you seemed to rely on the fact that you had the most powerful character as your main argument, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it makes debating skill less pronounced. Luckily you did have moments to shine but those moments were not often.

Majin: Honestly, you were the most pleasantly surprising here. At a glance, you held zero advantages here, you didn't have a power advantage or a speed advantage or a hax advantage or a prep advantage. Basically nothing. But what you did have was an OOC advantage, that being skill and knowledge. You were able to take your pretty mediocre team and carry them to the finals and not only that but you were a legit threat, and that is commendable. This is a direct contrast to Apex leaning on his team for the advantage, which again, isn't a bad thing. But with that said your arguments weren't perfect, and some were, to put it bluntly, less than desirable. An example of this would be your claim that Stardust "Cannot be physically harmed or destroyed" when your scan was clearly showing that Stardust was saying that Beta Ray Bill (or whoever she was talking to) could not harm or destroy her.

Verdict:

I say this is a tie between Apex and Majin. Majin raised more good points against Shirso and Apex, while Apex raised more good counters against Majin and Shirso. So it's a tie for me, but since Apex already has two votes and will likely win anyway, I'll toss my vote for @majinblackheart just cause.

This is basically it for me, between Apex and Majin. All of you did exceptionally well and this was an amazing debate which as such I'm gonna vote for a tie If that is allowed.

I know very little of Stardust (If any), I'm familiar with Shirso's team and am knowledgeable on DBZ so I thought Apex had an enormous advantage in this battle but this debate proofed me wrong.

A phenomenal debate.

This pretty much though unlike these to i feel as though Apex just about edged it tbh.

Shriso also did well but his team was simply outclassed and tbh did not belong.

Overall pretty good debate from the 3 of you

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chronicplane said:
@major_hellstrom said:

Preface:

Verdict:

A phenomenal debate.

This pretty much though unlike these to i feel as though Apex just about edged it tbh.

Shriso also did well but his team was simply outclassed and tbh did not belong.

Overall pretty good debate from the 3 of you

I am going to have to agree with Newguys here. Apex edged it out a little bit more in my opinion due to his closing arguments, but this was a phenomenal debate.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@apex_pretador you win. This yours for now. Let's see if you can retain it

No Caption Provided

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't believe I won

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By TheHierarchy
shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Congrats. You might be the first to win consecutive editions.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By APEX_pretador

@emperorthanos-: @thehierarchy: @shirso: Thanks

Will try my best in current one

This one was far from best for either of us three I'd say, although still competitive

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: This year you are Majin, Watcher is you and I and Shirso. I mean the set ups are so similar that it's uncanny. Lol.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: This year you are Majin, Watcher is you and I and Shirso. I mean the set ups are so similar that it's uncanny. Lol.

Does this mean I will win like he did?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Perhaps. Though there are a few key differences which could spell out your doom.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: You did adopt a blue color though, must count for something.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: You'll need an equally deserving villain to challenge you though, maybe ask Killemall