User Lists: 0

We all have to see it of course.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

i got my tickets for friday afternoon. im still excited to see the film, to see afleck as batman. i dont care about the reviews it could be as bad as fantastic four. i hope it does well. with that said, snyder needs to be removed immediately. i dont read anything dc but i dont believe he is capable of producing any real quality that can carry DC characters. he is all flash in the pan. he is like michael bay of comic movies. sparkler explosions and lots of running.

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: MOS featured a boring and brooding hope-guy,not my Superman. Marvel.s Daredevil respects the source material and shows a love for the comics.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Meh this is because DC is honestly put in a no win situation. If they do the light hearted goofy humor, critics and certain "fans" will claim they're copying Marvel. So they do the dark and gritty tone yet people say they're not staying true to the character. Whatever it is they literally have their backs against the wall. I just hope the movie does really good and certain comic fans are just super whiny

However I still stand by the fact that Micheal Rosenbaum should have been Luthor and that Paul Dini/Bruce Timm should have wrote the script

I agree with most of this, especially the Luthor point, the common argument I get is "it's a modern luthor, it's why he is short, has hair and is so odd, he's like an internet billionaire" but we still get classic Batman and Superman? You can't have it both ways, if we're updating, lets update them all. Otherwise it just has Luthor as he is, out of place with terrible exposition "boy you do not want to pick a fight with this guy".

As for the dark thing, what really hurt DC was the fact that their most successful films of the past two decades were the Batman films, pretty much since 1989. They milked all the money they could out of Superman through the 70s and 80s and it pretty much went down hill after Superman 2. Batman promised a different kind of hero and every director and actor had their own take.

I did enjoy the Michael Keaton version quite a bit.

Batman however has one of (if not the) most famous origin stories which to some can be related, action driven by loss, the loss of a parent may be even more poignant for some. It is part of what makes him so dark, the Batman was born the night Thomas and Martha Wayne died.

If we look at other DC projects, they've tried this dark road before with the Green Arrow, even his city looks dark during the day.

I think the most successful branch outside of the dark was The Flash, yes, he lost his mother but they've kept the Flash upbeat through most of it and the Arrow even said it "You come from Central City, where it's sunny all the time". I think DC could go more funny, sarcastic or at the very least not turn everyone into Batman but it's an extreme risk vs reward scenario that with past non-Batman movies (Catwoman, Green Lantern, Superman Returns) has not turned out well.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156  Edited By MaxSchreck

I don´t agree with this review at all. The rating is okay but:

Lex was a great comic relief and the ending, alltough certainly bittersweet, was very hopeful. We know what will happen next, so just relax.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't care if the movie fails, i will still watch and watch and watch till i get tired of watching it. lol

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman kills people in this movie. How does this get a pass from anyone who has ever picked up a comic book in their life?

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear this started as a 4/5 lol maybe I am going crazy

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Skyfire
No Caption Provided

Trailers were pretty bad, same overly grey tone (not dark, literally a lack of color) Luthor looked like a joke, Superman looking oh so serious, sigh. Looks like my fears for this movie were confirmed. I really really wanted this to be good. DC fans are obviously gonna defend this to the death so I'm looking at official reviews.

Well at least Civil War looks amazing.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of spoiler free reviews. Here's my thoughts. If you liked Man of Steel, you'll like this. I thought it was a natural continuation of that story. But there's a lot going on, so it's easy to lose sight of what's happening. Movie has great depth. You really understand what the characters are going through, which is a testament to the acting. Wonder Woman will give you goosebumps. Batman was amazing. Lois was even good. I didn't dig lex's portrayal and Cavill was the Superman he was in MOS. All in all I think I was a great experience and does a good job in setting up what's to come. I'm going again tomorrow so I can just take it all in.

So the question is, should you see it? Yes. But if you like the marvel approach to film making, then you won't enjoy it.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is "Randolph Ramsay"?

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Half of these "critics" had their score for the movie before they even saw it. Man of Steel's controversy ruined any chance of this movie being well received. Marvel started off on such a high note with their cinematic universe that even their garbage movies (and there are quite a few in my opinion) get a lot of love just because it's a Marvel movie. Definitely going to see this movie for myself and judge it myself, I enjoyed Man of Steel a lot and have a good feeling about this movie being good despite bad reviews.

PsychoPinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is a bigger disaster than Fantastic Four lmao

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi: Because some people want this to succeed regardless of its quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm only seeing this to see Batman punch Superman. Snyder is about as bad as Micheal Bay.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By dan12456

@doc-holiday said:
@dankhan6 said:
@doc-holiday said:

@dankhan6: And yet they have no problem casting huge, muscle bound guys but also cast a stick-thin woman as Wonder Woman, you don't really disprove my argument

The point is accurate character portrayal which is in much of looks as it is acting ability.

Would you want a 400lb pound guy who can't see his feet playing Superman? No because it's impossible to believe so why the exact opposite is believable for wonder woman I don't know

It wouldn't really make a difference. There is no human body type that exists which matches these types of physical output. There ARE fat superheroes and I have no problem buying it because clearly anyone with crazy strength feats have their strength come from something other than normal muscles.

I don't have to defend muscle bound guys being cast because I don't think that's necessary either. Also every live action Spider-Man has been stick thin and had beyond normal human strength feats. So not all men match the muscle bound idea anyway.

Stick thin Spiderman? In what universe do you live, they were all toned.

Also, Batman has no powers, all his feats are within human possibility (save for possibly being knocked out as many times as he has been).

Fat super heroes in comics may be but when it comes to live action there needs to be accurate portrayal.

Accurate portrayal includes both the acting ability and appearance of a character.

I believe that acting ability is also not enough, look at all the failed super hero movies that employed great actors but made a lot of poor choices including accurate portrayal, like that god awful Catwoman movie

Gal Gadot is also extremely toned. Toned=/= muscular. Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire are both extremely slim, its all lean muscle definition, not bulk. I would be shocked if either were more than 170lbs.

And peak human in comic =/= peak human in real life. Batman's top end feats are significantly above anything anyone could do irl. But that's outside the scope of this conversation, as I was responding about superpowered people's physiques not being important.

I was specifically responding to this part of your post (probably should of specified to begin with). "Wonder Woman has stick-thin arms and barely looks to weigh 50lbs and we're supposed to believe she is as powerful as Superman?" and my response is simply that of course we should buy it, because their is nothing about any superheroes physique that attributes itself to their feats. Superman doesn't look like he should be able to destroy building either lol. It's completely impossible to conceptualize what a real human with that much strength would look like, but it wouldn't look like a 225lb man either. So who cares how extremely fit a superpowered superhero is, as their strength obviously doesn't correlate to muscle regardless.

Totally a sidenote but the reason Catwoman sucked is Halle Barrie is a HORRIBLE actress. Not because she didn't look the part, but cause she can't act.

PsychoPinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who likes this film should go to an insane asylum

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@dankhan6 said:
@doc-holiday said:
@dankhan6 said:
@doc-holiday said:

@dankhan6: And yet they have no problem casting huge, muscle bound guys but also cast a stick-thin woman as Wonder Woman, you don't really disprove my argument

The point is accurate character portrayal which is in much of looks as it is acting ability.

Would you want a 400lb pound guy who can't see his feet playing Superman? No because it's impossible to believe so why the exact opposite is believable for wonder woman I don't know

It wouldn't really make a difference. There is no human body type that exists which matches these types of physical output. There ARE fat superheroes and I have no problem buying it because clearly anyone with crazy strength feats have their strength come from something other than normal muscles.

I don't have to defend muscle bound guys being cast because I don't think that's necessary either. Also every live action Spider-Man has been stick thin and had beyond normal human strength feats. So not all men match the muscle bound idea anyway.

Stick thin Spiderman? In what universe do you live, they were all toned.

Also, Batman has no powers, all his feats are within human possibility (save for possibly being knocked out as many times as he has been).

Fat super heroes in comics may be but when it comes to live action there needs to be accurate portrayal.

Accurate portrayal includes both the acting ability and appearance of a character.

I believe that acting ability is also not enough, look at all the failed super hero movies that employed great actors but made a lot of poor choices including accurate portrayal, like that god awful Catwoman movie

Gal Gadot is also extremely toned. Toned=/= muscular. Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire are both extremely slim, its all lean muscle definition, not bulk. I would be shocked if either were more than 170lbs.

And peak human in comic =/= peak human in real life. Batman's top end feats are significantly above anything anyone could do irl. But that's outside the scope of this conversation, as I was responding about superpowered people's physiques not being important.

I was specifically responding to this part of your post (probably should of specified to begin with). "Wonder Woman has stick-thin arms and barely looks to weigh 50lbs and we're supposed to believe she is as powerful as Superman?" and my response is simply that of course we should buy it, because their is nothing about any superheroes physique that attributes itself to their feats. Superman doesn't look like he should be able to destroy building either lol. It's completely impossible to conceptualize what a real human with that much strength would look like, but it wouldn't look like a 225lb man either. So who cares how extremely fit a superpowered superhero is, as their strength obviously doesn't correlate to muscle regardless.

Then why have them be muscular?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liking bad movies isn't the problem. Being unable to admit the movie that you like is bad is the problem. Feeling the need to doggedly defend garbage movies with dishonest and delusional arguments seems to be a pastime of the DCCU fanbase.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So basically everything we seen in the trailer is the movie.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: marvel clearly makes a more superior product. Why even entertain anything else

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already got the tickets for today and coupled in with what Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and Comic Vine are saying I'm goning to struggle. Thanks Snyder, you really did it this time. On top of that I'm already half way through Watchmen just to give you a chance. Sigh...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: marvel clearly makes a more superior product. Why even entertain anything else

Phase 1 Marvel was great. GotG is the only thing I like from Phase 2. Marvel is getting kind of stale imo.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: We need a variety in these movies otherwise we're going to continue getting the same things over and over again. That will surely kill the genre. I for one am disappointed this movie wasn't received better. I expected it, but it's still disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but I was entertained.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But i will gonna see the movie

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@psychopinata said:

Liking bad movies isn't the problem. Being unable to admit the movie that you like is bad is the problem. Feeling the need to doggedly defend garbage movies with dishonest and delusional arguments seems to be a pastime of the DCCU fanbase.

This is a very accurate statement. Just because a movie is bad doesn't mean you can't like it, but you can't act like a clearly poor movie is good just because you enjoy watching it. I love the transformers films, but I don't argue over the fact they're poorly written films with very little plot.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there hope for Luthor at the end? Do we see his chrome dome by the end credits? I guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow night.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Madripoor

Dumb review.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

why do i even try to be optimistic about DC movies anymore? everyone always ends up hating them no matter what

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy moses, it's like DC just forgot what the Superfriends were and after Paul Dini and Bruce Tim became so certain darker and edgier was their redemption from those days. But I digress, because Deadpool just kicked two icons ass in being as dark and edgey as this movie yet utterly fun and exciting.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#188  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sesquipedalophobe: Yeah totally...

No Caption Provided

I mean look at that bony frame, stick-thin arms honestly, when I look at her she just screams Wonder Woman (sarcasm by the way, super heavy sarcasm)

I mean, lets compare her to former women's UFC fighter Gina Carano

No Caption Provided

Ugh, yeah you're right (sarcasm again), toned physique, thicker arms and already a trained fighter, she'd have made a terrible choice, absolutely (so much sarcasm)

two people that can't act. Yeah great option you have there.....end of sarcasm.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Jestersmiles
@alkusanagi said:

Batman kills people in this movie. How does this get a pass from anyone who has ever picked up a comic book in their life?

You should read more comics :D

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Zack Snyder being Zack Snyder , works for me.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could say i'm surprised by this but, i'm not. Warner Bros and Zach Snyder have never understood what makes the DCU special in the first place, so they just double down on what Nolan did with the DK Trilogy and expect it to work out. Hopefully this movie's critical reviews will make Warner Bros reconsider their creative decision making in the future. Here's hoping for a Snyderless Justice League movie.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

If you prefer dark films and dark comics, this is the film for you. And that's okay. What I like is that there is room for both serious comics/films and light-hearted ones. Based on the previews, the movie probably will be pretty good, but not a lot of fun. That seems to be what's coming across - good film, but not a fun film.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not gonna say I called it, but I will say that I've got some affirmations I need to check in with my brother...and Facebook...

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It appears the film wasn't that bad at all, I saw the film and personally it's clear Zack as a editing problem with his films but it's not a horrible movie.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon: But it's not Batman, simple AS that. Pre-52 Batman didn't kill either, so what's your point?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#197  Edited By Strider1992

After everything i've heard i'm not wasting my money on this. I hoped it would be an improvement on MoS but it seems mostly unanimous that it isn't. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and borrow it from a friend when i'm in the mood for some unconditional violence (which tbh does happen sometimes lol).

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, so much negativity, and people haven't even seen the movie? Either way, can't wait till tomorrow night.

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcbig: Not everyone. On some sites I've found the majority of critics given the movie perfect scores.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By AkshSarpanch

@lordraiden: i have. And i will say its awesome. GA loved it.