#51 Edited by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:
@squalleon said:
@black_arrow said:

@squalleon said:

Smart move, not mentioning the reviewers name ;)

This made me LOL.

It was the first thing I noticed and I laughed so hard :P

Imagine the dimension online arguments about DCCU have reached if you need to hide your name!

Well the writer knew that he would have been call a Marvel Fanboy until the day he died If he put his name on the review. It's hilarious that this is the only review I have seen on this site that doesn't have an author.

That's almost sad. It's like you aren't allowed to say anything bad about the film or critique it in anyway or else it turns into a lynch mob.

#52 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (845 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought the movie was looking good, so I'm not surprised by the overall reception it's got.

#53 Posted by AbdullahZubair (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

Well....I didn't expect it to get SO many bad reviews, but a few bad reviews were expected...And the problem with this movie is that most people are used to the kiddish fun movies like GotG, Avengers, IM,etc...So when a darker and more serious movie comes out, they don't have anything good to say about it...Marvel has also made Captain America 2 which was quite dark, yet people liked it... The problem might be that Marvel fanboys have literally killed DC Universe by finding faults in all their previous movies and putting them in your face....Why is it a must now-a-days that before someone saves the universe, he needs to make a joke...?? Why..?? I watch movies with the thought that they can happen in real life...I can't see that happening in real life and looks too fake for the Movie meduim (But still cool in comics tho...Stick to that)...I thought Civil War was going to be serious, but just before they started battling, Iron Man had to shout: "Underoos" instead of kid or spidey or anything at all...

#54 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought it was great, will probably go see it again.

#55 Edited by WarDishy_ (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Name of the reviewer is at the very top of the page, you can't miss it.

Also I'm pretty sure this review is just copy/pasted over from GameSpot, which is why the reviewer is no one I recognise.

#56 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Still can't afford to go to movies, so I'll wait till cable or the blue ray, but the idea that it's super serious and grim dark is pretty much given away by the trailors. We live in near hopeless times after all and comics are filled with hero on hero violence that is topping the sales charts. With cw about to unleash heroes pounding each other on a grander scale I can see DC wanting to get in on that action. Luckily there is still the animated JL to go back to.

#57 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday said:

Not at all surprised. The trailers gave WAY too much away with showing just about everything.

I may still see it but have little to any expectations.

I still feel they picked the wrong person for Wonder Woman, mostly on her body, Superman and Batman are both huge and yet Wonder Woman has stick-thin arms and barely looks to weigh 50lbs and we're supposed to believe she is as powerful as Superman?

No Caption Provided

I'm with those who thought Gina Carano (from Deadpool) would have made a great Wonder Woman

I mean no superhero physically looks capable of their feats. That wonder woman also doesn't look like she should be able to lift a massive boulder with one hand. There are tons of real world people who look as fit as Superman and obviously couldn't do anything he does. Superheroes powers are already so much greater than their physical bodies could ever represent that it is irrelevant.

#58 Posted by Goellterator (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo...Marvel won? Not surprised.

#59 Posted by GeeWhiz (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I will still watch this but am not surprised by the lackluster reviews. I thought Man of Steel had impressive visuals but was lacking in joy, charm and fun and it looks like Batman vs Superman will be similar. I think Snyder was the wrong person to place in charge of the cinematic DC Universe.

#60 Posted by shroudofsorrow (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

The moral of the story kids, is that for all of CV's never-ending ridiculing and bashing the MCU for it's using humor, this movie shows that we actually need to have just a little bit. Otherwise, the dourness becomes suffocating. I'll still see it of course, but I suspect my opinions will ultimately end up mirroring those of the review above; good action, but too self-serious.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#61 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardishy_ said:

Name of the reviewer is at the very top of the page, you can't miss it.

Also I'm pretty sure this review is just copy/pasted over from GameSpot, which is why the reviewer is no one I recognise.

That name wasn't there for the initial post

#62 Posted by Tony_Shark (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Zack Snyder wasn't the right choice for this nor Man of Steel.

They need someone who can write a solid script and a director that can bring it to life.

My heart hurts.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#63 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: Gina Carano is too thick to play Wonder Woman.

#64 Posted by StormShadow_X (16691 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by the_stegman (40190 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I like this movie, cause words can't describe how much hearing these bad comments are breaking my heart.

#66 Posted by The_Kidd (11967 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too late to cancel the DCEU but I wonder if this is the end of Snyder?

#67 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#68 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for goodness sake. I know I haven't seen it yet but I can't help but think this: THE GREATEST HEROES AND HEROINE OF ALL TIME AND THEY'VE BOTCHED IT UP. That remains to be seen from a personal standpoint but overwhelming negativity is really starting to irk me. I just wanted a good Superman and Batman film without all the overbearing malarky that MOS had. Who knows I may have a completely different opinion to the reviewers but this is not helping.

Avatar image for captainomnitron
#69 Posted by CaptainOmnitron (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

It's too late to cancel the DCEU but I wonder if this is the end of Snyder?

Cancel? No. DRASTICALLY redesign in terms of style and so on? Yes.

#70 Posted by jaycptza (26 posts) - - Show Bio

some of us like gritty. I cant wait to see it

#71 Edited by DeathandGrim (4828 posts) - - Show Bio

It's more serious and broody than Man of Steel? Good friggin hell do these people not understand that MoS was near anime quality depressing? Superman is meant to be a lot more lighthearted and fun. And the sheer scope of his ability is what should make people take him seriously but not a brooding attitude like he's Sasuke and Starbucks just screwed up his order for the fourth time. Even New 52 Superman, even though he had his darker moments, is lighthearted.

Anger, brood, and depression are not what Supes is about, that's Batman. But with a humanity to not for the sake of it. Welp.

#72 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6: And yet they have no problem casting huge, muscle bound guys but also cast a stick-thin woman as Wonder Woman, you don't really disprove my argument

The point is accurate character portrayal which is in much of looks as it is acting ability.

Would you want a 400lb pound guy who can't see his feet playing Superman? No because it's impossible to believe so why the exact opposite is believable for wonder woman I don't know

#73 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: Gina Carano is too thick to play Wonder Woman.

And this girl is too thin

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#74 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11557 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

@petey_is_spidey: thought ign gave it a 6.8

It did. That just adds to my point that its divisive, JUST LIKE MoS. Except unlike MoS, the audience actually seems to love this film (well, they did).

#75 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen the movie yet but the acomplaint that a movie is dark is ridiculous. TKO Watchmen Killing Joke all are hailed as some of the best comic stories ever and they're dark. Even the Nolan trilogy was grim and dark and that's what most people LIKED. It's like people hate this movie cause Zack directed it. I realize there are other flaws but that's one of the biggest I've heard so far. Anyways hope I'll enjoy it.

#76 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

it is what it is im sure ill have a good experience while watching this film

#77 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by mikesterman (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: I was able to follow terminator genysys' plot perfectly... I think I'll be fine..

#79 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird meant to write The dark knight returns.

#80 Edited by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah007123: well its not like it doesnt happen with marvel movies as well, this goes both ways

#81 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#82 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11557 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: I was able to follow terminator genysys' plot perfectly... I think I'll be fine..

Really, its sad that GROWN ASS MEN have a problem following a plot that my 13 YEAR OLD brother can.

#83 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:

@petey_is_spidey: Don't forget that Superman apparently isn't even a character here and the villain's plan makes no sense. And that Batman comes off like a jealous brat and Superman like a pompous above it all jerk

The bolded part I could tell from the trailers.

Everything else I have to see for myself. People said that Superman was a murderer and reckless in MoS, but that was entirely false when I watched the film. So I am going to see it for myself and form my own opinion.

I like you for not letting other people dictate your opinion.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#84 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: I'd go as far as to say Gina Carano looked fat in Deadpool.

#85 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading this review, who would ever guess it's directed by Zach Snyder? Seriously, did anybody ever expect anything other than an overly dark spectacle of ridiculous destruction.

The funny thing, based on these early reviews anyway, is that the once huge question mark of Gal Gadot, may be the best part of the film.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#86 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio

The saddest part is when you realize you waited for almost 3 years and got this....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a3162faeafe3
#87 Posted by deactivated-5a3162faeafe3 (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, just to verify, does this mean Batfleck is a killer? That's EXTREMELY disappointing. I know Burton's bat killed, but I think Batman as a killer takes away one of his major tenets they've developed for his core character since the Silver age. Even Miller's Batman didn't kill until that terrible 5th installement. Sad to see they're sticking with the same tone as MOS.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#88 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

When comicvine gives you a 3/5 then you know you messed up somewhere... oh rotten tomato gives it 38% damn... how bad was this movie??

#89 Edited by comicace3 (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is.....Damn.

Damn you RANDOLPH!!

Lol

But seriously I was hoping for something a bit better from DC. I'll still go watch it anyways just for the helluvit.

#90 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: I'd go as far as to say Gina Carano looked fat in Deadpool.

Ok...not sure what baring that has on it since you've specified her thickness was too great in your opinion but if we're just adding on to our previously made points, I think the current Wonder Woman looks like a skeleton

#91 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Im starting to believe there is actually a smear campaign against BvS and all the DC films. I can completely understand that there could be flaws like there are to all comic book films but getting this low of ratings and reviews seems odd.

#92 Posted by KorinY (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really disappointed with those reviews. I really want this movie to be good, and I have to wait until tomorrow to finally watch it ):

But I'm hoping for something like MoS, most people don't like it, and I think it could be better, it's not the movie I always wanted, but it is a movie that I understand why it is the way it is and I don't think it's bad, I still enjoy more than most Marvel's movies.

I'm not expecting(and I don't want) to see a traditional super-hero movie, and I don't think anyone should. Maybe the movie is bad because it is bad, idk, just hoping for the best.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#93 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

BvS Dawn of Butthurt. Lmfao at all the whining.

#94 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

When comicvine gives you a 3/5 then you know you messed up somewhere...

oh rotten tomato gives it 38% damn... how bad was this movie??

Depends if you think the CV review was actually writte by someone at CV, considering the poster has no other posts to his 'name' here.

It was fine, not half as stupid as Marvel's output, but not the second coming I'm sad to say. And why should you care what critics think? It not like they have a special power to give opinions on movies that the rest of us do.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#95 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6: And yet they have no problem casting huge, muscle bound guys but also cast a stick-thin woman as Wonder Woman, you don't really disprove my argument

The point is accurate character portrayal which is in much of looks as it is acting ability.

Would you want a 400lb pound guy who can't see his feet playing Superman? No because it's impossible to believe so why the exact opposite is believable for wonder woman I don't know

It wouldn't really make a difference. There is no human body type that exists which matches these types of physical output. There ARE fat superheroes and I have no problem buying it because clearly anyone with crazy strength feats have their strength come from something other than normal muscles.

I don't have to defend muscle bound guys being cast because I don't think that's necessary either. Also every live action Spider-Man has been stick thin and had beyond normal human strength feats. So not all men match the muscle bound idea anyway.

#97 Posted by sungod1988 (241 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised at the negatives reviews of the movie. I will personally wait until I see it because fans are loving it and critics are either hating it or calling it pretty good. Most of the complaints are that it is to dark or takes itself to serious, to which I say that might not be a bad thing. This isn't Marvel where things are comical between characters and it has that overall friendly vibe where you might see those characters in a theme park. The DCU in general has a more violent undertone and generally deals with events that are somewhat possible (outside of super powered aliens and shit like that) Think about how many people get kidnapped stabbed and raped. The 2 don't equate. I think Watchman is one of the best comic movies ever and it has the same dark real tone (before anyone says it no I'm not a Snyder nut hugger just appreciate a good movie)

Marvel makes great movies but people need to stop holding all other brands of comic movies to this, jokes and friends are not always required (Imagine a funny Blade or Punisher movie)

I personally like the darker feel in movies like this because it tells a more realistic image. If Superman was a real life person and fought another dude while an alien machine tried to colonize the planet, would people really be chill with that? Look at our current politics, they would hate him. I like the fact that these movies reflect a little of real life, maybe people would really hate Supes.

As far as the story goes and the writing, I'll see how I like it because 2 1/2 hours is long as shit lol

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
#98 Posted by knightofthechronicle (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

What gets me here is that the critics don't like this movie, but the fans do. A lot. Mainly because the fans aren't comparing it to Marvel movies, which the critics are wrongly drawing from when reviewing the movie.

Personally, I don't see that as right.

#99 Posted by n25philly (159 posts) - - Show Bio

What gets me here is that the critics don't like this movie, but the fans do. A lot. Mainly because the fans aren't comparing it to Marvel movies, which the critics are wrongly drawing from when reviewing the movie.

Personally, I don't see that as right.

Or you could look at it as questionable that fans are even reviewing a movie before it comes out. I'd wait until the end of the weekend to see what the true feeling is from the fans

#100 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

CV 3 star = regular 1 star