#551 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@o-face said:
@Elbarto17 said:
@o-face said:

@Elbarto17: Nolan's Batman's rule was about not playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner. No killing at all was never a rule.

Now of course, this Batman played(past tense) Judge, Jury, and Executioner. But its implied that wasn't always the case. Something broke him, but Superman caused him to change hence why he didn't brand Lex.

I don't CARE about what Nolan thought, i'm talking about Batman's character, not his movies...

Nolan's Batman is a good movie(s) .....it's not a good Batman movie, it's a good movie.

If you get what i mean.

You say that like Batman's no-killing-rule is all there is to the character. Which is something he originally didn't have for a long time.

It's something important to his character...

And you guys really like the 40s, do you....whatever suits you.

#552 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldflash: it's a grappling gun though, it doesn't fire bullets.

#553 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@zwm210: Is it ? I'm going off memory here, so I don't remember it well. I thought he used it to destroy the helicopter Dent was in, or made it shake knocking him out of it.

#554 Edited by aragorn6292 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys. Is this the real original script?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/spoiler-alert-batman-v-superman-script-1685249/

Any thoughts???

#556 Posted by Usha (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed that Rotten Tomatoes has rated Sharknado 82%

#557 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Just noticed that Rotten Tomatoes has rated Sharknado 82%

It's because Sharknado is a movie intended to be bad. Viewers enter the movie with the exception of it being bad, therefore leave satisfied with what they saw. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is a movie marketed as being great, but proved a disappointment to most.

Not to defend Rotten Tomatoes. They're unreliable. But Sharknado is not as good of an example of their unreliability. A good example of why we shouldn't confide in RT is because Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer is rated higher then Batman v. Superman and Superman Returns has a 76%.

#558 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha:

Sharknado - 17 reviews

BvS - 100+ reviews

Lesson, don't judge a made-for-tv movie to a theatrical released movie

#559 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc_holiday: first time I saw Gina Carano, I thought "she'd make an awesome Wonder Woman." I agree with you that Gadot is way too skinny to play a warrior born. As for people saying superheroes' powers aren't linked to their build, why isn't Superman skinny? Poor casting in this movie.

#560 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

People need to stop bringing up the Golden Age when Batman had no problem shooting people (that's been established as Earth 2, anyway). The character has developed much since then and Batman shooting people and blasting them to bits says to me that the most important people involved in the making of this film haven't researched the source material. Evidently all they've read were a few issues of TDKR.

#561 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@zwm210: Is it ? I'm going off memory here, so I don't remember it well. I thought he used it to destroy the helicopter Dent was in, or made it shake knocking him out of it.

The helicopter was destroyed by the bomb that was still on it. Batman hooked his grapple to the copter and Harvey ended up falling, after which Batman caught him.

#562 Posted by lordraiden (9663 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf or Darkseid?

Loading Video...

#563 Edited by Blue Son (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Just came from seeing the Batman vs Superman movie. First let me say that Henry Cavill played a great Man of Steel. Gal Gabot could have added an extra 15 pounds of muscle but she played an awesome Wonder Woman. And Ben Affleck in my opinion is the Greatest Batman today.

So the main actors were not the problem with the movie (ARE YOU LISTENING WARNER STUDIO HEADS?)

HOWEVER, I now know why people are pissed and why Snyder's neck was placed on the chopping block.

Aside from casting the WORST Lex Luthor EVER (sorry Jesse Eisenburg you just are).

You do NOT bring in the most powerful villains the second movie in i.e. repeating the same mistake of the Green Lantern movie.

Honestly in the sea of DC villains they could have used Metallo, Parasite, Brainica, hell even turning Zod into Bizzaro (suggest by my younger brother Asante Ewers) which would have made more sense and a far better idea that turning him into Doomsday.

Secondly, you don't kill off one of the main characters second movie in, only to somehow bring him back. Snyder in my opinion went overboard with the Messiah complex in regards to Superman. Especially when for majority of the movie a lot of people were afraid of him and wanted to know what he stood for.

The beginning was good, the plot on how Lex got them to fight was awesome and genius. The end is what unfortunately what hurt the movie. This however does not mean that the Justice League story is unsalvageable.

It means that 1) DO NOT RECAST ANY ROLES except for Luthor's if there is a role for the character in the next movie. 2) Write a better script that sticks more to the source material of the comics.

All in all I would give the movie a three and a half out of five. 1/2 a star taken for a horrible Lex, 1/2 a star taken for introducing Doomsday, and 1/2 a star taken for basically doing the death of superman the second damn movie in.

Well that's my take on the movie. Let me know what you think.

COMMENT AS YOU SEE FIT!

#564 Posted by DrLove (61 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie had greatness in it underneath tons of nonsense and unwarranted writing.

How can this Batman ever fight the Joker unless its a prequel?? He would just walk up to him and shoot him in the head.

Why did Batman say he has a feeling that the Justice League needed to be put together to WW at the end? The only feeling he would have is the dream about Superman taking over. Sups is dead so who cares? Unless we are supposed to believe that scene with Lex and Batman (Ding ding). But Batman wouldn't know what the hell Lex is talking about.

Why add the wheelchair bomb plot? Why add the African plot? Since when does Superman go around shooting people? Batman hated Superman before any of this nonsense.

What was the point of Lex sending those notes to Batman? He didn't see them anyway until after he had the plan to Kill sups.

The first 15 minutes of the movie set up Batman's motivations. Didn't need this extra stuff weighing everything down.

#566 Posted by Blue Son (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@drlove: I agree with you. It also suggests that Batman is easily manipulated, which he is not. The real Batman would have found out who sent the letters and who put the bomb in the wheelchair.

#567 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@blue_son: I agree with what you're saying, but I'm glad they just got Doomsday out of the way, since he's a kinda boring character. Bizarro would have also been a good idea, but doing this and just getting rid of Doomsday instead of hyping him up to fight the whole JLA (he's just a big monster) was a smart move imo

#568 Posted by ConnorKent (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a quick review straight from Batman and Superman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7b8uHiNcQ

#569 Posted by rule (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a great movie at all ! I had a lot of expectations from this movie but it has let me down

Anyways ben affleck was awesome as batman .

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#570 Edited by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the movie a week ago. I gotta say that it was pretty good.

Despite the fact that the movie got rushed, it made sense why the Justice League members appeared. Batman and Wonder Woman are going to recruit Aquaman, Cyborg, and the Flash, since they have seen the viral videos.

I felt that Superman didn't have to die in the movie, just because Doomsday appeared. Again, it made sense. Because you have some people, who are against Superman for causing destruction on Earth. In order to make him a hero, he had to die, an act of temporary death like the animated movie, because he's going to return in the upcoming Justice League, Part 1.

I've wondered whether Superman and Lex Luthor knew each other for 18 months after the destruction of Metropolis. Because, if they had just met each other in BvS, it will also be rushed. That kind of relationship needs to be established at some point.

Ben Affleck did a great job as Bruce Wayne/Batman. At first, I didn't like the idea that Batman killed some bad guys in the movie. But considering the fact that what he had been through, especially after what happened to Robin, I can understand his motivations. The good thing that came out of this is that Batman changed his moral code, and have decided that he won't kill criminals after Superman's death.

Wonder Woman was hot. She was the scene stealer, since she appeared to fight Doomsday.

I liked the interpretation of Lex Luthor here. He seems kinda silly, but you can see the psychological aspect of the character and his hatred for Superman.

Aside from the goodness of the movie, I understand why some people think the movie is bad. Everyone has their own opinions. If anyone thinks that the movie is rushed, I can agree with them, including professional critics. However, the movie is only intended to move in a different direction unlike what the Marvel Studios is doing. I liked the fact that they included everything in this movie, even though, it did feel a bit rushed. This movie is only intended for hardcore, comic book fans, as some might say, but others may not like the fact that Zack Snyder didn't take the time to develop the characters in several movies. We will see that once the Justice Leaguers are shown, because we will get to see their standalone movies in time.

Then there's the Director's Cut that will be arriving soon in DVD. That will explain.the pacing/editing issues. As I've mentioned, they did include almost everything in the movie in a fast way, that they have missed something important.

#571 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this review was really good. I finally saw BvS and wanted to come back and read this to see how it matched with my own thoughts.

I'm personally not surprised a lot of people don't like it, because it's not a very "likable" movie. It's not fun or funny or nice. But there's some cool imagery, some interesting ideas and some very badass battles. I just wish that someone had edited the s**t out of this because there were A LOT of unnecessary and overly long scenes.

Did anyone else think that this Batman felt more like Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint?

#572 Posted by magik_man76 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

It's my new favorite CBM ever up to this point. So many comic references, scenes, and tons of source material used. The entire movie was like reading a comic book on screen, I've seen petty hate before in my life but nothing to the level of this. I just don't get it, DC New 52 fans have loved it and to this date it now I think is over 800 million, so if it truly was as bad as critics and haters say word of mouth would've been taken seriously and people wouldn't still be going see it.

#573 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@d9000 said:

Did anyone else think that this Batman felt more like Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint?

That's exactly how I felt about this gun toting Batman.

#574 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@d9000 said:

That's exactly how I felt about this gun toting Batman.

The resemblance is uncanny!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#575 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

He ONLY uses a gun on Superman (and it wasn't even a gun, just a grenade launcher that he ONLY used on Superman), and all of the sudden he's "gun toting".

#576 Edited by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: Was Superman the dude with the flamethrower?

Or the dudes in the car blasted by the Batmobile?

#577 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: Was Superman the dude with the flamethrower?

Or the dudes in the car blasted by the Batmobile?

What did you want him to do????? Let Martha be burned to death!!?!?!

This Batman is brutal, yes, but he's not going around murdering people because he thinks its fun. Most of the scenarios, like the latter, were out of self defense, or "they were shooting at me, so I shot them". Was he to just let them continue shooting at him? What if they pierced the glass and hit him, or punctured a tire and the Batmobile went tumbling?

#578 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: See? First you say he ONLY shot at Superman, now you're justifying the other times he used a gun.

This is Batman we're talking about. He's a master of stealth, there are a ton of ways he could have saved her. The fact that the writers had to resort to him blowing everyone up (how is that safer for Martha) says to me they don't understand.

#579 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: See? First you say he ONLY shot at Superman, now you're justifying the other times he used a gun.

This is Batman we're talking about. He's a master of stealth, there are a ton of ways he could have saved her. The fact that the writers had to resort to him blowing everyone up (how is that safer for Martha) says to me they don't understand.

No, my original post stands. He didn't use a gun against the guy, he used his grappling hook gun and pierced the canister.

Secondly, how in the hell would stealth help him in that situation. The guy is 3 feet away from Martha with a flame thrower pointing DIRECTLY AT HER, and with Batman DIRECTLY IN HIS LINE OF SIGHT. If Batman would have stepped any closer, there's no doubt that Martha would be dead. He's not the Flash. He had to do something quick and used his wits to get the job done; he knew that His cape was fire resistant and knew if he got there quick enough that he could potentially save Martha. I mean, what else was he supposed to do?!?!?

#580 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: read TDKR. He saved a kid who not only had a gun pointed at his head, but was also being held by the crook.

#581 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@stellar421: This is not a comic, its a movie. Stop comparing the two as if they're the same. Humans in comics are extremely stronger than your average real life human (no 210 lb human should be able to Bench 900 lbs for reps), but humans in comics are also dumber and can't aim worth of crap. It's not the same.

#582 Edited by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: This isn't a comic, agreed. But it is a movie based on a comic. If I want realism, I'll watch CNN.

#583 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@stellar421: Ohhh I see. You don't have a problem with the scene because of the context, you have a problem with the scene because YOU DIDN'T LIKE WHAT HAPPENED.

#584 Edited by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: first of all, calm down. We can have a disagreement without capslock or getting mean. Second, in context it's pretty much the same scene from TDKR with the bubblegum heir.

Avatar image for breaking_brads_void
#585 Posted by Breaking_Brads_Void (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex was a joke. That was pretty much my only problem