#451 Posted by Dud317 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I like dark and serious, so that works for me. I didn't go in expecting A, B, or C to happen, which allows for the story to be told to me.

It seems that the problem with it for readers, is that the Easter eggs and references weren't enough to redeem how the story was told. And the problem for the casual fan is the length and obscure references can leave people confused.

I enjoyed it. 8.5/10.

Bottom line, I'm bummed many people didn't find the same joy in it that I did.

#452 Posted by save.me.now (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the movie last night I think some of these comments are a little overblown. I will agree with one thing the reviewer said, it is kind of a gloomy movie in parts. That's probably my main complaint. The movie does deliver on exactly what was promised though, we get Batman vs Superman and then we get A LOT of set up for the justice league film. Because of all that set up the movie was a little clunky in he first half but I think it pays off by the end.

As far as all the killing stuff, it's a different Batman. It's also a different superman as Snyder made clear in Man of Steel. These movie adaptations are gonna be different than the comics and why shouldn't they? I think it was a good movie overall. Was it great? No it wasn't, but I'd give it a 7.5 - 8. I think it's worth seeing.

#453 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the movie last night I think some of these comments are a little overblown. I will agree with one thing the reviewer said, it is kind of a gloomy movie in parts. That's probably my main complaint. The movie does deliver on exactly what was promised though, we get Batman vs Superman and then we get A LOT of set up for the justice league film. Because of all that set up the movie was a little clunky in he first half but I think it pays off by the end.

As far as all the killing stuff, it's a different Batman. It's also a different superman as Snyder made clear in Man of Steel. These movie adaptations are gonna be different than the comics and why shouldn't they? I think it was a good movie overall. Was it great? No it wasn't, but I'd give it a 7.5 - 8. I think it's worth seeing.

7.5 is a fitting rating, IMO.

#454 Posted by tensor (8502 posts) - - Show Bio

This was more of like a comic. I like it. People are upset about Batman killing big deal.

This is a different type of movie and this is in DCCU. If you are going to be a die hard Batman fanyboy and cannot accept the change you will not like that about Batman.

Lex was pretty bad but it was a different Lex he brought some humor to the movie.Change again from the Luthor we know.

Ben was a damn good Batman. The Batman fight scene was epic he really move like a comic version of Batman.

Superman was finding himself in the movie an learn to do good things an saving people. With all the power you are going to have some hiccups. So that was good.

You had a few scenes that gave you a glimpse of things to come.

All an all it was not a bad movie like most reviews that I have seen.

I thought was going to be really bad since rotten tomato has mario brothers higher than it but I like to review something for myself an make my own judgement.

#455 Edited by Deathstroke02 (3369 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't a great movie by any means, but I really enjoyed it.

It had a lot of problems, some scenes were pretty dumb, the way *mild spoiler* the Justice League was introduced was really cheap and lazy, and it tried too hard to set up an universe, but it delivered what I expected the most, a great fight, and a great Batman. It is a flawed movie, but to me its flaws don't outweigh its strenghts. 7/10

I don't think it was nearly as bad as most reviews put it out to be. Just for the heck of it, here's a list of movies rated higher than BvS on Rotten Tomatoes (that totally shouldn't be in my opinion)

• Matrix 2 and 3
  • Hulk
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  • Batman Forever
  • Daredevil (2003)
  • Iron Man 2
  • Captain America: First Avenger
  • Fantastic 4 2
  • Every f-ing Fast & Furious movie except for the 4th one.
  • X-Men 3 and Origins: Wolverine.
  • The f-ing prequels.
#456 Edited by Gracetrack (4677 posts) - - Show Bio

A solid 8.5 out of 10 for me. This was a great movie. For me, better than MoS, easily better than both Avengers films, and right up there with Winter Soldier (which I consider to be the greatest of the Marvel Studios films). That's just me.

Everybody is going to have their natural biases and preferences, but I can say with confidence that BvS is much better than the Rotten Tomatoes percentage would suggest.

#457 Posted by stu630 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie was great. 4/5

#458 Edited by Mike_Fowler (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a question, for those who keep saying, "oh it's a different batman" what do you think of barakapool from Xmen origins: Wolverine?

#459 Posted by Extremis (3794 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: He said this would be like the "Empire Strikes Back" of the series.

haha what a funny joke

#460 Posted by the_stegman (40232 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: I think he meant less quality wise and more like set up to a larger plot and ending on a cliffhanger :p

#461 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Yikes! Just Yikes!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

may just bypass this movie altogether.

Hahahaha I just can't. xD

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
#462 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (4316 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually enjoyed the movie.

#463 Posted by just_sayin (3462 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie dragged for the first half. I hated Lex Luthor - not in a like he's such a great villain way, but in a like 'this guy is so annoying' way. Batman wants to kill Superman because he thinks he is a threat to humanity and then with one word Batman and Superman are friends?????!!!!!!!! There were some great moments, like when Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are fighting Doomsday, but over all I was really disappointed.

#464 Posted by mak13131313 (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely an 8/10 for me.

#465 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9358 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't mind me.

It's weird. WWs face looks like a dude in that pic.

#466 Edited by LordDarkFox (126 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the movie a lot.

#467 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw:It is Batman from the dark knight returns. It was stated over and over that this Batman was based off of the Frank Miller Graphic novel; I don't know how you don't know this.

#468 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: Thats not bad that is a 6 out of 10, it's average.

#469 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackisme: That is what the American system is; politics, movies, religion. They seem to not be able to think for themselves on anything.

#470 Edited by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@child_of_the_past: Are you out to lunch? People have been trying there hardest to take an average movie, which is what this is, and make it seem like it was the worst movie ever, which it isn't. It's the opposite of The Force Awakens. That movie was so over praised that when I saw it I was disappointed and couldn't give it an honest review. This movie is getting more hate from fans then any Marvel movie. Even though its quite better then Iron Man 2, and just as good as First Avenger, or the second Avenger movie.

#471 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio
#472 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@zoso904: Then don't watch it. It was declared early on this was what they were doing, it isn't the Marvel movies.

#473 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@luffyduzumaki:Because the majority of people are saying what critics are saying and haven't really seen it.

#474 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: Marvel has disappointed, Iron man 2, Thor, Firth Avenger, Iron Man 3, and the Age of Ultron, were all disappointing to people.

#475 Posted by GoblinAlGhoul (115 posts) - - Show Bio

B/S film is DC's Spider-Man 3.

Muahahahahahahaajajajajaja

#476 Edited by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is still better than Age of Ultron or Iron man 3.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#477 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw:It is Batman from the dark knight returns. It was stated over and over that this Batman was based off of the Frank Miller Graphic novel; I don't know how you don't know this.

I knew that, but Miller's Batman didn't create a manslaughter. At best he killed one guy in a life-or-death situation whereas this Batman killed everyone he came across.

#478 Edited by bobthened (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

Ah, yes... The worst negative thing a film can do.

"Be serious".

You can be serious and thought-provoking. But that needs a vision and talent that Snyder just lacks.

or perhaps a perception that you lack...

#479 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldflash: OR maybe the majority HAVE seen it and they saw the same problems critics saw

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
#480 Posted by Child_of_the_Past (397 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldflash: Are you serious? You honestly believe the Marvel films don't get hate lol. You just said a bunch of them were disappointing. Bring up AoU on tumblr or any comic site you'll see tons of hate. It's funny how when people tried to defend AoU no one cared because how disappointed they were. Now it's happening to a DC film that was so overhyped the disappointment people are feeling is more severe. You mentioned Star Wars as well and funny enough TFA gets plenty of hate from fans who thought they simply copied episode IV. You wanna know why general audiences like TFA? Because while some may believe the film is mediocre, everyone can agree it was leagues better than the prequel. Context is everything. Currently, the comic book film genre is filled with connected universes like the MCU and the X-Men Universe. WB/DC realized they were missing an opportunity and decided to cash in with BVS and it showed. What we got was an average film at best and a mediocre mess of a film at worst. If you liked the movie that's fine. My entire criticism of people defending the film centers on the fact that they are claiming that the film was "great" yet giving it a solid C rating. The fact that you have to compare to some of Marvel's worst films is telling. There were parts of AoU that I enjoyed, eg. The HulkBuster fight and the Vision, but there were plenty of parts I thought were completely unnecessary. Because of that you'll never see me claim the film was great, was it terrible, no, was it amazing, no. I'm not gonna waste my time defending an admittedly flawed film and I don't understand why anyone would.

#481 Posted by Arinya (509 posts) - - Show Bio

I did no like MoS. It was boring and a lot of it didn't make sense. So I was surprised how much I enjoyed BvS. The film was beautiful. There was some very emotional moments with Superman. You got to see him actually save people! We've seen the scene of this floating over a family stranded on the roof of their homes after a flood and the crowd of people yearning to touch him painted in day of the dead make-up. But watching the entire scene in context was very moving. The action scenes were fun. Shakey cam was not used much. Thank god. The action was very clear and made it so enjoyable. I loved seeing Wonder Woman battle Doomsday. Then there was the main event battle which was good. I was expecting more but maybe it would never live up to the hype.

There was a lot that did not make sense or was forced through out the film. The music was constantly reinforcing important or dramatic scenes. So much so that I felt like I had missed something when really the film was just trying to hard to impress you. I didn't get the idea about Batman branding villains or Alex's obsession with bringing down Superman. I didn't understand why Batman became was so driven to kill Superman but then did a 180 when he found out Superman had a mom that was also named Martha. Bros 4 life? I was baffled by the creation of Doomsday. How did Alex know to do that and why would his blood help to create him. What does that mean? What was Doomsday's purpose. Is it really just to kill the Meta Humans? If so what do you do with Doomsday after he is done? The mystery no so mystery that Alex was behind the entire plot was also a chore to watch Lois and friends figure out what you already knew. Despite all the silliness I had fun watching BvS.

#482 Posted by xsbrx (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun movie, but the editing really hurt it, especially towards the end when you wanted to see the showdown between Trinity and Doomsday and then the film shifts to Lois Lane doing stupid sh*t (oh,boy she and that goddamn spear)

Some scenes were completely unnecessary and killing off Jimmy Olsen was a waste. If you don't have "space" for him in this lore, then simply don't use him.

Overall a flawed but very enjoyable movie.

#483 Posted by Replicant0658 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz: On the contrary, the way they were cut and the narrative they implied, I think the trailers showcased a better story than the one we actually got in the movie.

#484 Posted by Replicant0658 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: Dude within the first 3 minutes I was like "Oh no, you guys haven't learned anything from last time..."

#485 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio
@squalleon said:
@slayz said:

"Be serious".

You can be serious and thought-provoking. But that needs a vision and talent that Snyder just lacks.

You are right...I don't overthink dump movies. And in this case, especially dump movies.

#486 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw: Millers Batman did kill many individuals, this was shown in the original graphic novel and the sequel.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#487 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio
#488 Posted by worldFlash (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@child_of_the_past: How was BVS over-hyped, it was under hyped on this site. Every time I went to a article about it there was pages of comments filled with nothing but hate for the film. People complaining about casting, how they want the characters to be exactly like they're in the comics, and how they dislike these versions of the characters. Were some excited, yes, but in no way was this movie over-hyped; you can't be over-hyped about something that wasn't out yet anyways.

TFA is not better then episode 3, it is better then episode 1, 2, and 6, so I wouldn't say any fan of Star Wars liked that TFA because of that. The movie is extremely over-hyped is what my point was anyways, it had a horrible ending, a character that pulled the biggest Dues ex Machina in a long time, and had little originality to it. These were tossed out the window, and few critics bring these up, or bring it up and say that it doesn't really matter. Anyways, the point is the movie was over-hyped, and BVS is getting the opposite treatment; getting a score it doesn't deserve, or though I actually think the 6/10 that this review gave it is probably accurate.

I compared it to Marvels average films, not bad films, if it wasn't for the last part of the comment I would had assumed you give movies either 10/10 or 0/10 scores. Iron man 2 and incredible Hulk weren't horrible, and neither were the other movies, my point is that this movie is probably average, just like the beginning Marvel movies weren't good either. Is this movie as good as Avengers,no, but is it better then thor, from what I heard, it is. DC is catching in on the cinematic universe but in no way are the copying marvels style, the movie is darker, and is more of a drama then any other Superhero movie. DC is also having the movies quite different from start. They are having the team movie much earlier, and didn't give every team member a movie prior, so not really a copy of Marvels movies. Also, are you trying to imply that Marvel wasn't doing the cinematic Universe as a cash grab?

#489 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's clear Snyder has read Dark Knight Returns, as several scenes in the movie are pulled right out of the book, but he obviously doesn't understand it.

I can justify Superman snapping Zod's neck but I can't justify Batman being a ruthless killer in this movie. Maybe if Batman said something about how Superman inspired him to see the good in people again i could give it a pass I guess? But no such scene occurs. Superman is slightly more hopeful in this movie than he is in Man of Steel kinda. Snyder and Goyer need to be replaced from DC. They clearly don't understand any of the characters, and these movies define the status quo for these characters.

Suicide Squad better be dope, or I think it's clear Warner Bros. doesn't have any fucking idea what they're doing.

#490 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@worldflash: because the Batman in this movie shot and killed almost everyone he came across. And I highly doubt All-Star and DK2 are in anyway inspirations for this movie

#491 Posted by castlemania (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: right, i liked it just as much as any other super hero movie that I've seen, seems like when dc comics out with anything people shot it down and for some reason people are under the understanding that marvel can do no wrong. Why would any comic fan not support this is beyond me, comic fans should happy in our life times we GET to see this kind of movie.

#493 Edited by hadrian29 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I stomached the movie as much as I could. But if Superman is you favorite character, this movie is not for you. He's mopey and he's stupid. Batman gets the drop on him him with a kryptonite gas grenade. Cool. Supes has no experience with the stuff at this point and has no reason to think an earth made weapon fired at him will do him any damage. We'll ignore the fact that Batman used cover a smoke grenade to hide hide from Superman. Sure. Maybe the smoke was lined with lead and supressed the sound of his breathing and heartbeat. Whatever. Anyway, if Superman takes a deep breath from kryptonite gas, my kid could wreck him. So an armored Batman proceeds to do so. But Superman recovers. If Superman has even basic intelligence, the fight is over at that moment. At least it should've been. But what does the son of Krypton's smartest scientist do? He stands there and watches while Batman reloads the weapon that JUST WRECKED HIM 5 MINUTES AGO! I was literally sitting in the theatre going, "What the hell are you waiting for Mr Faster Than A Speeding Bullet? You know what he's about to do! Get your butt over there grab that thing and toss it into orbit...or fly away, come back from a different direction faster than Batman can blink and knock him unconscious...or melt the trigger with you damn heat vision...or use your heat vision to detonate the grenade before he fires it at you! But don't wait until the moment he's about to FIRE THE DAMN THING AND RUSH HIM YOU DOPE!!" Or should I say Superdope. Of course you could've avoided all this by just telling him outright you needed help finding Martha...because you forgot you had a little less than an hour to scour the planet with super speed using your vast sensory abilities to find her your damn self.

#494 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Truly awful.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
#495 Posted by Child_of_the_Past (397 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldflash: The film was certainly over-hyped by DC/WB. They've been promoting the film as if it's the fight of the century. They've also stated in several interviews how different and unique it is and plenty of DC fans have been hyping it as the next Dark Knight. In no way was I talking about comments on CV or other sites. Hype can come at any point in regards to virtually anything. Have you ever heard of a hype-man? Their job is to hype up a crowd "before" a performance. Kevin Smith, among others, had been hyping up the film for months.

Your opinion on the prequels is subjective. I was stating the general consensus of most SW fans I've come across. If you disagree that's fine.

Stop assuming I want the the DC films to be like Marvels. I never said they were copying Marvels style. I was simply saying they wanted to cash in on the idea of a connected comic universe. I also mentioned the X-Men, who who have a fairly dramatic tone, similar to DC is attempting. It's indisputable that Marvel popularized the a combined cinematic superhero universe, that doesn't mean they have exclusive rights to the idea or that they do it perfectly. I really think this entire topic has you viewing everything I'm saying in context of a Marvel fanboy. I personally enjoy what Marvel has done for the most part but I don't hate DC, in fact Nightwing and the Question are two of my favorite comic characters. I do feel that they have an over-reliance on Batman but that's a topic for another conversation. At the end of the day, quite a few people are disappointed by this film like they were with AoU. I'm sure the film has its positive moments but if if those moments get overshadowed by negative moments for some people, it shouldn't be surprising that some people give it poor reviews.

#496 Posted by XtremeGuardian (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: right, i liked it just as much as any other super hero movie that I've seen, seems like when dc comics out with anything people shot it down and for some reason people are under the understanding that marvel can do no wrong. Why would any comic fan not support this is beyond me, comic fans should happy in our life times we GET to see this kind of movie.

This to me is the dangerous mentality to movies like this. "It is a comic book movie, we need to support it!" This is the type of logic that will quickly end the era of comic book movies. We need to show theaters that they cannot just rush a cash grab out the door and the mindless masses will support it no matter what. That is what led to films like Batman and Robin. Support good super hero films and force studios to make good movies. That is the way these films continue. I do not support this film. It was a technical and narrative mess with too many flaws and crammed with too many plot points and pointless scenes in hopes of selling tickets for future movies. This is the opposite of what comic book fans should want because it will alienate critics and general audiences from supporting these movies.

#497 Posted by Xframe29 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I can say that I really enjoyed the great parts, and that overall the movie was fine. That being said it seemed like the person who edited this film really didn't know what they were doing.

#498 Edited by castlemania (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@XtremeGuardian: that's true but i don't see this as a cash grab, to me at least, it looks like a complete effort was made in order for this to be well received, by some if not all.

#499 Posted by ZariusII (5748 posts) - - Show Bio

@dud317 said:

I like dark and serious, so that works for me.

This was a parody of dark and serious

#500 Posted by bobthened (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobthened said:
@squalleon said:
@slayz said:

"Be serious".

You are right...I don't overthink dump movies. And in this case, especially dump movies.

Maybe that's why you think it is dumb.