• 96 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

It's just a few short months before Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice comes to theaters and today, Warner Bros (via SuperHeroHype) released character posters for the upcoming film featuring Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), and Superman (Henry Cavill).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We're getting two sides of Batman here: regular Batman and armored Batman, which we'll see during some fight scenes in the film. Wonder Woman has her shield strapped to her back and Superman has his iconic hair curl in front. What do you think of the posters?

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice comes to theaters on March 25, 2016.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Sweeeet...99 days!!!

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, I still long for a stronger looking blue eyed Wonder Woman, she just looks like good cosplay.

Avatar image for number1intheuniverse
Number1intheuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how i feel about Wonder Woman still. She looks kinda boring. Maybe it's because she's so puny, not sure.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Neat. Like that Wonder Woman gets her own poster with her own logo in it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minutes do I see color? WHAAAT?

Joking aside they certainly look like the characters.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Pretty awesome! Something seems a bit off about the armoured Batman poster, but the Wonder Woman poster is PERFECT!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

there was an awesome amv about them that would've been perfect but i think they took it off youtube

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: the lips make it look like there's not a real person inside. Kind of animated. But overall I think it looks great

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Posters look pretty awesome, although I'm not sure if it was a good idea to go with armor Batman.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is a absolute first...DC movie characters IN COLOR!!

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheExile285

Something seems off with the Supes poster. I do like the other two though and Trinity Poster is great. WW's outfit looks better the more I see of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's is the best :D

Batman has the worst poster. It looks odd.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dan12456

I still only care about Wonder Woman in this movie. I already know I don't like Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Bruce Wayne looks bad. Gadot is the only one that has impressed.

Still excited for the movie just for her though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Every single Batman poster for this film has been bad and this one is no exception. I genuinely believe Affleck's costume is not good at all despite CB fanboys constantly drooling over it. This one is un-Batmanly and the other requires specific light effects and shade to look good. The all-black suits existed for a reason Snyder.

WW looks great but it's Superman who looks the best IMO.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong, I love the character posters but... they should either get rid of the symbols that's just sitting dead centered or move it somewhere else (more preferably behind the characters) where it doesn't take make you focus exactly just on that. The first thing that I saw when I looked at the posters were the symbols and they just seem really out of place. I mean it looks cool and all but it just doesn't do any justice (no pun intended) for me. The posters itself without the symbols is really good, projects enough context, and really stands out/has a strong image already so there's really no need to have the character symbols that kind of takes it all away dead centered.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

I kinda want the Batman poster to be him in regular costume, but this is still great. I plan on buying all three.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

"Super" curl!!!!!!

What can I say, I love it. It distinguishes Superman's face.

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah man, Lego Batman!!! Hmm? Oh, sorry.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal's poster looks the best, is that even Ben Affect in that solo poster? Glad to see Henry has his Blue Steel pose down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Batflect looks like they took a close up shot of an action figure? It doesn't look real.

Wonder Woman though! I've never doubted Gal's ability to look the role and I know she'll own the role too.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was expecting Wonder Woman to be more buff or muscular...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black_Arrow

The Batman's poster is lacking it would have been great a Batman, without the armor.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:DDDD

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta get that Batman poster

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spit cuuuuuuuuuuurllllllll

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

In Cav-El We Trust
In Cav-El We Trust

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By darkdetective27

The Superman and Wonder Woman are awesome. That Batman one looks terrible.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Introducing the tiniest amazon warrior princess ever! When she stands next to them, she could be playing Atomica!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@g_leno said:

Introducing the tiniest amazon warrior princess ever! When she stands next to them, she could be playing Atomica!

Find a female who wouldn't look small standing next to a guy who is 6'5, 250+

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Superman poster is the best but he's still not smiling which makes me sad. Oh well. It's still cool.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Not an ounce of muscle on that girl.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Sooo good

~MIB

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

despite my overall complaint to the tone of Man of Steel and the direction BvS is taking establishing this new DC movie universe (not advocating a direct copy of Marvel here....just that its a bit too dark and dramatic for the half of the comic industry that is traditionally lighter in tone whereas Marvel, in comics, has traditionally been darker or more serious in its series) the attire for these three and small alterations made to established canon (the weave pattern of the batsuit, adding fingerless glove extensions to Wonder Woman's gauntlets as well as the scabbard belt, bringing some yellow back to Superman's waistline) are good and nice touches to distinguish the film in its own universal.

but I do think they got body types wrong for these three. Cavill and Gadot in particular. For Cavill, I don't understand the need to go 90's-Arnold style on the character and bulk him up the way they did. He's not a small guy, his natural body type would have been fine for the character even in the new body suit. If you look at the history of actors portraying the character you'd see that is a supported argument as no previous actor went through immense weight training to play the Man of Steel nor do I think audience expectation was that way either as I don't remember people complaining that Roth was too thin or tiny to play the character. On the other side of things Gadot, despite possibly a strong acting performance to come, should have been pushed to a bit more definition as Wonder Woman than even the trailers has showcased. I'm not talking body builder physique here, as we're dealing with a character (like Superman) whose strength is not dependent on physical training per se, but she isn't completely without training that a bit more muscular definition in the arms and legs would have been appropriate to the character.

Batman I'm torn on because he should be the most defined of the three being the one who needs to train his body to reach the level of physicality expected, but at the same time he looks too bulky for the speed, agility, and stealth we'd expect from the character. The trailers have shown some agility to the character and his fighting style is far better than the overused elbow strikes of Bale's Batman so I'm optimistic that what we see statically in these photos will translate well to motion based on the poses and means by which the camera portrays Batman and off-set some of bulky slowness you'd expect given the look. The tech suit I've got no problem with, looks good and its not like we haven't had decades of Batman using specialized suits against powerful or unique opponents so it fits with the story (and is one of the most faithful adaptations from a comic any superhero movie has gone for, even Iron Man).

Just wish these photos didn't continue to make me cringe with the overall "a lot of anger. a lot of, I'm 16, I'm angry at my father" theme running through this film (as I poorly use the Nic Cage's great quote from The Rock).

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NukeA6

@rag_man said:

man, I still long for a stronger looking blue eyed Wonder Woman, she just looks like good cosplay.

Good cosplay? More like okay cosplay. She's thinner than every good Wonder Woman cosplayer I've ever seen. Even Lynda Carter was in better shape than Gal Gadot is.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MB25
No Caption Provided

Holy Trinity! The GODS ARE AMONG US.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

very cool posters

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is my favorite poster.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rag_man said:

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

Supes' is definitely the best for me.

@g_leno said:

Find a female who wouldn't look small standing next to a guy who is 6'5, 250+

Affleck is listed at 1.92m, just under 6'4", which sounds about right to look at him.

Plus, they've tampered with the heights of all these characters on the posters and all the preceding ones. Cavill actually looks taller than Affleck there, but he is a few inches shorter in real life and Gadot in a solid pair of heels should be of a height with Cavill if he isn't wearing lifts.

Hollywood messes with height all the time, they probably deemed that to have her be as tall or taller than them is emasculating.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGoddess

@nukea6 said:
@rag_man said:

Good cosplay? More like okay cosplay. She's thinner than every good Wonder Woman cosplayer I've ever seen. Even Lynda Carter was in better shape than Gal Gadot is.

The body shaming...smh

These men are about to blow me..like pls you guys shut up.

Lynda was very tiny too,have you seen her waist? She was not muscular at all.slightly more curvy than Gadot because she had wider hips,but still slim and tall.

No Caption Provided

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and Wonder Womans poster is the best tbh

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OrangeBat

Thank God Snyder didn't listen to the fans, and pushed Gadot to bodybuilder levels.

There's a thing called aesthetics, and her power comes from magic, anyway. Don't see people complaining that Black Widow isn't muscular enough, and too curvy in the Marvel films.

Superman has the best poster.

Affleck's costume looks awful. He looks better in the freakin' armor.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People whining over Gadot when they've never even stepped in a gym. Lmao

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People whining over Gadot when they've never even stepped in a gym. Lmao

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NukeA6

First of all, GTFO here with that double-standard feminist vocabulary. Male actors bulk up when playing male heroes but it's an issue to expect the same for women?

Second, this isn't the pre-80s where women were not encouraged to go to the gym and build muscle.

And finally, try again with that Lyndah Carter argument.

No Caption Provided
@thegoddess said:
@nukea6 said:
@rag_man said:

The body shaming...smh

These men are about to blow me..like pls you guys shut up.

Lynda was very tiny too,have you seen her waist? She was not muscular at all.slightly more curvy than Gadot because she had wider hips,but still slim and tall.

No Caption Provided