At this point I think you just have to accept Eisenberg Lex for what it is

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's no use in continuing to complain about how he compares to comics Lex. I don't think its Jessie's fault either. He was cast for the role with the vision Snyder had for the character. If you ask Zach how he is doing I'm sure he'll say how happy he is with the Lex that we see in BvS. I think the idea was that the usual Lex is just too cold and calculating and that he doesn't bring any real emotional oomph on the big screen. I'm guessing they thought a mad scientist/psychopathic Lex would add more of a sense of danger to the movie much like how Joker did in TDK. That's what this seems like, Joker meets Mark Zuckerberg. So don't blame Jessie, he is just playing the character he was cast to play.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont really care too much about comic book Lex. But i do care if movie Lex works. And I'm very much not sure about that at this stage.

As for The Joker - The Joker in TDK was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more restrained and menacing, even from the firs trailer, than Zuckerberg Lex.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ehhhh, I'm cool with it.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea,I already hate there Lex Luthor. Seriously, he was instantly annoying.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

There's no use in continuing to complain about how he compares to comics Lex. I don't think its Jessie's fault either. He was cast for the role with the vision Snyder had for the character. If you ask Zach how he is doing I'm sure he'll say how happy he is with the Lex that we see in BvS. I think the idea was that the usual Lex is just too cold and calculating and that he doesn't bring any real emotional oomph on the big screen. I'm guessing they thought a mad scientist/psychopathic Lex would add more of a sense of danger to the movie much like how Joker did in TDK. That's what this seems like, Joker meets Mark Zuckerberg. So don't blame Jessie, he is just playing the character he was cast to play.

also, the movie hasn't come out. there is no way to tell the context of the lex scene or the part in the movie the scene takes place. he could grow to become cold and calculating. lex has never been portrayed by actors as cold and calculating in the movies anyway. he has always been portrayed with a sense of humor. even in superman returns, he had a little bit of dark humor.