• 51 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason'sRobin Rises has unleashed yet another chapter of pure action and madness. Would you really expect anything less when Batman wears an armor called the Hellbat and goes to Apokolips for on one of his most emotional adventures yet, though? He's already gone through the five stages of grief, but now he finally has the chance to really bring his son, Damian Wayne, back to life. Unfortunately, whether Damian returns has already been revealed, but watching it all unfold is all still plenty exciting. While the latest issue, BATMAN AND ROBIN #36, was basically 150% action (only fitting the chapter's called "Chaos"), there were still some big developments.

Yup, this contains spoilers!

The Hellbat is REALLY draining Bruce Wayne

No Caption Provided

Before heading to Apokolips, Lex Luthor reminded Bruce Wayne about how dangerous the advanced armor is. It draws from the hero's metabolism, so if he continues to push himself and push himself, the thing he's wearing could drain him. While Batman may be frightening and formidable on the outside, the looks inside the armor reveal he's in poor condition and it's not getting any better. We saw a hint of that in the last chapter, but now it's especially bad. The armor informed him about this -- and said there's an unknown alien bacteria in there -- but Bruce, determined to complete his mission and not be distracted, disabled the updates regarding his health.

No Caption Provided

Before going on the insane mission, Lex Luthor also tinkered with the armor. He claimed he was "increasing tensile liquid strength and bolstering" Bruce's telepathic link to the suit, but can we really trust that's all he did? Did Luthor do something to boost the draining or Bruce's problem something else entirely? We're guessing the latter because, if Luthor did do something sinister, the suit would have detected it and informed Bruce back then, right? So, what's this alien bacteria that's harming Bruce? Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but Batman pushing himself harder and harder is only making things worse for him. That's a shame because he's going to need all of his strength in the next chapter.

The Chaos Cannon helps Apokolips

No Caption Provided

Weapons are meant to harm their targets, and as we saw in the last cliffhanger, the Chaos Canon can most definitely dish out a ton of damage. Except this powerful weapon isn't just destroying; it's also healing Apokolips. According to Kalibak, the Chaos Cannon can target a planet and then transfer its life-force to Apokolips. Not shabby, right? They tested it out on an unpopulated target, but now it's time for them to put this weapon to proper use. As you can imagine, Batman isn't too pleased to eventually learn that his son's body and the Chaos Shard are being used to create a ginormous gun that'll destroy others and strengthen Apokolips.

Batman vs. an army? Batman wins, obviously

No Caption Provided

We know Batman's a beast in this new attire, but what happens when he comes face to face with an entire army?! The answer is simple: Batman walks all over them. He may be outnumbered, but those seemingly symbiotic wings flood over the enemies and break into dozens upon dozens of batarangs, pelting and stabbing his enemies. They bring in bigger weaponry and vehicles, but everything topples before Batman. Even when they have him restrained, he's able to break free and humiliate everyone that dares to oppose him. And yes, he exclaims, "I'm Batman!" during the brutal fight.

Batman hasn't lost it and is still focused on the mission

No Caption Provided

In this issue, the Dark Knight doesn't hold back -- or so it seems. No matter what stands in front of him, he lets loose and knocks it over. He even took down an entire ship and everyone in it fell out as it crashed. Despite him being so full of anger and seemingly not holding back all that much, Batman tells his allies that it's all part of the plan and he hasn't killed anyone. He's hoping this much *ahem* chaos will get Darkseid's attention. What will Batman do once he has it, though? We've yet to see, but considering Batman had time to plan this attack, we're pretty sure it's something special. Now that he has Jason Todd, Barbara Gordon, Cyborg, Tim Drakeand the mighty Titus by his side, that's sure to help him out, even if they're just temporary distractions to his enemies in the upcoming conflict.

Batman beats Kalibak and the Chaos Cannon is destroyed

No Caption Provided

Darkseid's son, Kalibak, is a powerful being; he possess great strength and durability. But against Batman in his Hellbat suit? Saying Kalibak gets wrecked is putting it pretty lightly. It's a completely one-sided fight as the Dark Knight pummels this strong villain and even rips part of his hair out. It's just not fair and it's a humiliating showing for Kalibak, that's for sure. As Batman obliterates Darkseid's son, Cyborg uses pure strength to make short work of the Chaos Cannon. That's one problem solved and countless planets saved from its destructive capabilities. Now comes the biggest problem: Bringing Damian back to life.

Darkseid returns!

No Caption Provided

Batman wanted Darkseid's attention. Well, he's got it! We know Batman is hugely impressive with the Hellbat armor, but is he formidable enough to take on Darkseid?! We're talking about DC's big bad -- a guy who had no problem taking on the Justice League by himself. Considering Wayne's a brilliant tactician, there's no way his plan is "PUNCH DARKSEID SUPER HARD UNTIL HE FALLS OVER," right? There has to be something else up Batman's sleeve -- something we've yet to see. But what could he have in that suit that'll help him against such a titan and how far will it hinder his own health? Or does he hope to get out of this conflict by using his words and not elaborate technology?

Considering the way this story has been handled, it seems safe to assume they won't have a peaceful discussion about the fate of Damian and reach an agreement. Whatever Batman has in store for Darkseid, it must be huge. And if the suit does fail him, at least Batman still has Titus by his side! Oh man, you don't think they'd kill Titus in this story, do you? How heartbreaking would that be?! Anyway, this was quite a cliffhanger and, if you've been liking Robin Rises, odds are you're just as anxious as we are to read the next issue.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #37 goes on sale December 17.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Beata

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gahhh why am I not reading this his co ic ?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rubear
No Caption Provided

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By meatwadf

Well, if it's a whoopin' Darkseid is wantin'...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously nobody with a mystical high tech armor is safe on DC, first Cassandra Sandmark´s Silent Armor and "Hellbat"

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The outcome of this should be good.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ostyo

@rubear: Pretty much. Prepare to weep Darkseid fans.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My stupidity radar is off the charts

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Whatever they do..plzplzplzplzplzplz do not kill Titus! If they do,Tomsai is a heartless monster.

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is such a boss. I mean here are the new gods over here tearing the lanterns apart to find a way to defeat Darkseid and what does batman do? Waltzes into apokolyps and whips some major butt. That's it, I'm convinced batman is the life equation!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexwing said:

Batman is such a boss. I mean here are the new gods over here tearing the lanterns apart to find a way to defeat Darkseid and what does batman do? Waltzes into apokolyps and whips some major butt. That's it, I'm convinced batman is the life equation!!

This comment here made my day. Hilarious stuff. And I can't believe it's true either.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Captain13

DC Comics, Summer 2015: Batman defeats the DC universe.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Comics, Summer 2015: Batman defeats the DCU universe.

i'd by that title hahaa

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The only way he's losing is if Marvel agrees to a crossover and Batman has to fight Squirrel Girl.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I reeeeeeeeeeeally wish I had money for comics. I'm missing out so much on this Robin series. I'm saddened.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

These recent Batman battles have been kind of ridiculous.

Batman seems to be getting worn out. There better be a really good reason as to why he defeats Darkseid, assuming he does though.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a bamf.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Captain13

@k4tzm4n said:

@captain13 said:

The only way he's losing is if Marvel agrees to a crossover and Batman has to fight Squirrel Girl.

@captain13 said:

i'd by that title hahaa

No Caption Provided

You guys.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Admittedly, I'm waiting for the trade. But I'm still following this loosely.

But one question, because this cover especially intrigues me--why is Batgirl in a Robin suit?

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i need to get the back issues and catch up. I was staring at the cover at my LCS this past wednesday, i should have gotten it even tho ive read none of it

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in the buffalo and the snow storm caused all comics to be delayed so I'm kind of upset I didn't get to read this yet.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

I sooo hope this happens! xD Also, why isn't this a variant cover for the next issue?! xP

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Darkseid: "I have an army"

Batman: "And I'm Batman"

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@captain13 said:

Unrelated, but I really wish there would be another DC / Marvel crossover!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexwing said:

That is kind of ridiculous that that is literally true. I hope it is addressed somehow...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Darkseid: "I have an army"

Batman: "And I'm Batman"

+1 like.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... Batman hasn't killed anyone during his stompage thru Apokolips?

Damn, he is good.

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love Damian and i didn't wanted him to come back and i'm still not sure if i like that SuperDamian stuff, but whatever that story is just so good that i don't even care

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: well...he kill Parademon. But according to original Jack Kirby Fourth World Saga, Parademon is just a robot

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Well Batman have face Darkseid many times in old pre new 52 DC universe for example in Grant Morrison JLA (The best Justice League run of all time, it is hard to top)

kevinn111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

Unrelated, but I really wish there would be another DC / Marvel crossover!

true that

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Context for this is CRITICAL.

From what we have been told

a. Darkdeid is a Multiversal threat

b. Final Crisis DID happen. It happened in the pre 52 DC universe.

c. Darkseid is an enemy of the ____ _______. Which was revealed in the last spread of _______ ____. And the first issue of Earth 2 has someone appear in the blast that kills ________, ______, and ______ _____. Although, __ seemed to have already died. The person was said to be more powerful than Darkseid. And was the reason that Alan Scott was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Earth 2.

d. Darkseid IS Apokolips. And Apokolips is dying. This is so bad that Bedlam and the Furies were trying to bring Earth 2 to Apokolips so that the life force of Earth 2 could recharge Apokolips.

e. The power level of Parademons has always depended on the power level of the new gods of Apokolips that controlled them. And their powers were to some degree connected to Darkseid himself, iirc.

All of this is just to say that what may seem like Bat wanking could be solid evidence that the events of the old DCU have carried over to the New 52. If Final Crisis happened, then Darkseid would be in a bad way. And while Flashpoint was able to bring DS back to being a multiversal threat that he was Pre COIE, it also has brought back the DC uber version of Thanos, the Anti Monitor.

Just posting this before the haters write this off as PIS.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: hmmm interesting theory I don't know much abt pre 52 history though

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

so his son dies and somehow disappears until an extraterrestrial captures his son so he can destroy planets while rejuvenating himself and his planet. wow

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@_slim_: well...he kill Parademon. But according to original Jack Kirby Fourth World Saga, Parademon is just a robot

The question is- What measure is a non human? Assuming it is sentient to a certain degree, he technically *did* kill something.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage: yes you can say Batman technically "kill" parademon but like I said if you read the original Jack Kirby Fourth World Saga, Parademon is a robot. Parademon is not same level like New Gods for example Darkseid, Kalibak, Orion, Mr.Miracle etc . Also Superman have kill Parademon

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmite1995: Pre 52 DS was the Multiversal we have now before Crisis on Infinite Earths reduced the Multiverse to one Earth. Crisis on Infinite Earths was the result of the Anti Monitor trying to destroy ALL the universes with his own anti matter Universe. Supergirl, the CSA, and Barry Allen all died as a result of fighting the Anti Monitor. DS even formed an alliance with Brainiac to help the Justice League in stopping the end of all things.

And there is a lot of history of the new gods that establish how DS life force is connected with Apokolips, and his New gods life force is connected with his.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: oh gosh you're from Buffalo? How are you holding up? Things look awful up there.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@captain13 said:

Ends in sex

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um and I normally don't say um but the design for Tim in this book is hideous I haven't been reading the story so I thought he was Damian the entire time

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

I sooo hope this happens! xD Also, why isn't this a variant cover for the next issue?! xP

AGREE 100%!!!!

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers