• 58 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

The Dark Knight is the reason for me. I never thought you could be an awesome hero without powers. I saw how resourceful, and badass Batman was in that movie and i thought "I need to see more". Ever since then ive been reading Batman and declaring him my fav Superhero. He actually de-threw Spiderman for the spot.lol

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think the first two Nolan bat movies are two of the best comic stories ever written. Comic or otherwise.

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmmm, well I think is that for me, I am actually very similar to Bruce Wayne personality wise. I also have always been a big fan of stealth, ninjas and what not. And Batman has some of the best stories in Comics. There are other reasons too but those are the main ones.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many reasons to list here.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• He is the closest thing to the ultimate human, because he is one of the best at everything and because of his forward thinking. These are things that all of us should strive toward to.
  • The ability that he has to turn a great tragedy into something good for all of the people. He doesn't do what he does for vengeance, he does it for Justice because he wants the event that happened that night in Crime alley to never happen again. But while doing that he won´t give up his morals because he knows that he needs to be a example to people because he knows that there is a better way.
  • His resilience, his willpower and his ability to never give up even facing impossible odds. He never lost his objective even while he was enduring very painful training. He knows that his opponent is as old as mankind but he will never stop until he defeats him. His capability to always search for a way that doesn't betray his morality.
  • His ability of becoming a legend ever lasting, a symbol of hope to all the people. He stands among Gods as equals.
  • Mainly because I love Detective stories, Action stories, Science fiction stories and stories of men who never give up and always strive to a better world.

This is mostly why I love Batman, there are other reasons but these are the principal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Arkham games. That's my favorite version of batman next to TAS. I love how he is a phsycal force not to be messed with as a peak human. I love his fighting skills and gadgets and tech. And his ninjas skills too. But the best part is his character.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always had an interest in Batman and Robin, but it wasn't until Batman Begins that I became really interested in Batman. I absolutely loved the film and that lead to me re-watching BTAS and Beyond and then watching them over again. Then The Dark Knight came, then the Arkham games.

As The Dark Knight Rises comes closer and closer, I realize that I can't be a true Bat-fan unless I read the comics. I bought the Killing Joke, loved it, The Long Halloween, loved it, Knightfall, etc etc. I have just continued to read the comics, learn about more stories, read those stories. Kevin Smith's podcast, Fat Man on Batman, also helped me love comics and Batman even more.

That's how I got into Batman, but here is why he's my favorite... Batman is a superhero with the most badass costume in all of comic books. I just can't help, but be drawn to it. His morals, sense of justice, his will to endure everything that comes at him. He never stops, nothing can stop him from doing what he does. He's also the best at everything humanly possible except for probably archery. His supporting cast is great, his allies, his large and varied rogue's gallery. How could you not love Batman?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jay_Russ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jay_Russ

He's human. No powers. He could vacation with his billions, sip martinis on some private island and have hot steamy sex with a lot of women, but he uses his resources and risks his life to fight for justice. He has a lot more to lose than most heroes. That, and he pushes himself past his limits to make sure he's always on his a game. I also like the ninja, dark mythos behind the character. This is why he's my personal favorite. (Right there with Black Panther),

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

He's not my favorite but he is the boss. Gotta love Batman.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's Batman.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

It's one of the things about being a kid in the 90's, where some of the strongest portrayals of the character were around the same time. The first super-hero related book I had was an old Superman hardcover from around the 80's. However, what stood out to me wasn't Superman, it was someone who Supes was teaming up with in one of the stories. Batman. As a kid, the thing that attracted me the most was the physical appearance. Batman just looked so badass, the mask, the gauntlets, the horns, the utility belt, and add in the wonderful toys and the fact that he uses his mind to beat his enemies instead of powers like Superman, I was hooked on the Bat. Then around that time in the 90's, you had the Keaton Batman films and the Animated Series, which all combined the character's strongest aspects, and I was a life-long Bat-fan. As I grew older, I became more attracted to the more complex stuff of the character: the tragic past, the need for vengeance, the sense of morality, the complex villains, the sanity/insanity, the detective side, and the Nolan Films, along with the Arkham Games prevented me from distancing myself from the character.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_russ said:

He's human. No powers. He could vacation with his billions, sip martinis on some private island and have hot steamy sex with a lot of women, but he uses his resources and risks his life to fight for justice. He has lot more to lose than most heroes. That, and he pushes himself past his limits to make sure he's always on his a game.I also like the ninja, dark mythos behind the character. This is why he's my personal favorite, right there with Black Panther.

So much of this.

This pretty much sums it up, too.

His will and determination; that drive to continue, to triumph no matter the personal cost to himself, sets him apart from other characters. If he has to die to save one person, even if that person is ungrateful and despises him, he will gladly do it. Batman never compromises. He has the best villains in all of comic fiction (my opinion), the best costume (Panther gives him quite a run in that regard), he's best friends with Superman and Wonder Woman, he's a better martial artist than Bruce Lee and Tony Jaa combined. Villains may win a battle or two against him, but they will never truly stop him; he will always win the war. He doesn't know how to quit.

I hate sounding like a stereotypical fanboy, but, he's my favorite...

Because he's Batman. :)

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes a bada**. Like seriously. He's only human yet he can take out the whole justice league and always prepared. U think u got a step on him, wrong! He's always one step ahead. He recruited robins and trained them to become the toughest hero's in DC. And let's not forget he's a billionaire Playboy in the day and a whole different person at night WhO kicks criminals butts. That's just awesome right there

Jay_Russ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

He isnt.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FearTheLiving
He's not.
He's not.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FearTheLiving
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow

I now know that I am close to the truth. Your favorite character is obviously Green Arrow, how could you like the much less interesting rip-off of him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

He isnt.

He's not.
He's not.

lol then what are you guys doing in this thread? Its not asking if Batman is favorite character.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FearTheLiving
I can push my own buttons thank you very much. But nice attempt at trolling bro real classy
I can push my own buttons thank you very much. But nice attempt at trolling bro real classy

@black_arrow:

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Well he asked us why Batman is our favorite hero, Batman isn't my favorite hero. Never said Batman had to be your favorite hero to answer the question.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Well he asked us why Batman is our favorite hero, Batman isn't my favorite hero. Never said Batman had to be your favorite hero to answer the question.

Its in Batman forum, what did you expect? And he obviously asked the question to people whose favorite character is Batman, anyone is smart enough to understand that and you are very smart person.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nope I'm dumb as a box of rocks :) or I was just bored saw the topic and replied like I do for most threads I see.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because...he's......

What we should all strive to be.

And because he's Batman.

Jmarshmallow

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nope I'm dumb as a box of rocks :) or I was just bored saw the topic and replied like I do for most threads I see.

Ok.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• He is the closest thing to the ultimate human, because he is one of the best at everything and because of his forward thinking. These are things that all of us should strive toward to.
  • The ability that he has to turn a great tragedy into something good for all of the people. He doesn't do what he does for vengeance, he does it for Justice because he wants the event that happened that night in Crime alley to never happen again. But while doing that he won´t give up his morals because he knows that he needs to be a example to people because he knows that there is a better way.
  • His resilience, his willpower and his ability to never give up even facing impossible odds. He never lost his objective even while he was enduring very painful training. He knows that his opponent is as old as mankind but he will never stop until he defeats him. His capability to always search for a way that doesn't betray his morality.
  • His ability of becoming a legend ever lasting, a symbol of hope to all the people. He stands among Gods as equals.
  • Mainly because I love Detective stories, Action stories, Science fiction stories and stories of men who never give up and always strive to a better world.

This is mostly why I love Batman, there are other reasons but these are the principal.

THIS

And THIS

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is the ultimate bada$$!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Cloakx14
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Because some dude called Kevin Conroy voiced him that one time.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't one of my favourite heroes but Court of Owls is one of the best storylines I've read. Ever.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

I still think the first two Nolan bat movies are two of the best comic stories ever written. Comic or otherwise.

Really ? You must not know mutch about comics. Nothing mean intended. He did an ok Job but they had lots of flows, but this is not the thread to debate on that.

Because some dude called Kevin Conroy voiced him that one time.

True, this is one of my reasons ! But he did it more than one time :)

@jay_russ said:

He's human. No powers. He could vacation with his billions, sip martinis on some private island and have hot steamy sex with a lot of women, but he uses his resources and risks his life to fight for justice. He has a lot more to lose than most heroes. That, and he pushes himself past his limits to make sure he's always on his a game. I also like the ninja, dark mythos behind the character. This is why he's my personal favorite. (Right there with Black Panther),

There are my other reasons.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Really ? You must not know mutch about comics. Nothing mean intended. He did an ok Job but they had lots of flows, but this is not the thread to debate on that.

Yeah you're right, I've been impersonating a comic book reader on this site about comics for three years. You got me.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Yeah you're right, I've been impersonating a comic book reader on this site about comics for three years. You got me.

You dont get it, real Batman fans dont like Nolan, because he isnt facing the JLA with chew gum and anti shark spray.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well how am I suppose to know? I don't read the comics!

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Aside from behing a Batman fan. I don't see how his stories are the "BEST". I'll conceade that he didn't simply adapt one book but tried make his own story. You can still easily see what written stories his used for inspiration thou. Which wasn't the case for Tim Burton (not saying here they are better).

Just saying that out there, there are way better stories than his movies in comics. You probably just haven't read the right ones. You also thay "or otherwise", it's probably the same with novels and movies.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I didn't say the best. I said two of the best. Meaning that I put them up there with Morrison's Batman run and Heart of Hush which are my favorite Batman stories. The first two Nolan Batman movies are up there imo same as the Arkham games.

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who he is,why he does what he does&how he does it.

The setting (Gotham).

The divers supporting cast and villains.

The realistic tone his stories have.

The design of the city,characters and everything else has a mature theme to it.

And everything else that was mentioned on here.

ComicBatReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Because, well... Every since I viewed the Killing Joke, it gives me so much care into how deep Batman is. He will always find a way how to HELP somebody and even help the ones that harm him, like Joker. When he's fighting Joker, he doesn't kill Joker because he knows how hard it is for Joker, Joker is insane and Batman is insane himself in some comics & universes. Batman will never open himself up.

"It's what I grew up with, it runs.. IN MY BLOOD!"
He's Batman.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Abishai100

Vigilante Heart-Halcyon

The Dark Knight is my favorite super-hero for two reasons:

1. he is the only comic book character to deal specifically with criminal insanity

2. he is the most believable 'love conquers all' superhero, since we cheer for romances between him and Talia al Ghul

I'd like to see a Batman-Talia romance portrayed in the next Hollywood (USA) Batman film, with Matt Damon ("Elysium" - 2013) portraying the Dark Knight and Diane Kruger ("Troy" - 2004) portraying Talia al Ghul.

Leviathan (DC Comics)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because he's a god. and that prep ability is amazing.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he is the ultimate human being, he's the best, he is a sort of super man, he have achieved the perfection in any area (mental and physical). He never give up, and still training himself to be the best.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Villainy Votes

This post is purely editorial.

The only rival in comic books for Batman (DC Comics) is Captain America (Marvel Comics). While other superheroes such as Superman (DC Comics), Aquaman (DC Comics), and Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) are obviously iconic, symbolic, and impressive enough to challenge the dominion of Batman (DC Comics), Captain America (Marvel Comics) is the only superhero to offer significant social symbolism regarding civilization values --- i.e., terrorism, punishment, democracy, etc. --- that would compel us to consider how Batman is incomplete in heroism analysis.

Batman does, after all, tackle the criminally insane, and criminal insanity is the most confusing aspect of law.

Imagine two Hollywood (USA) screen-writers are working on scripts in 1990 for a Tim Burton film about Captain America (Marvel Comics), starring Peter Weller as the titular hero and Mark Harmon as the terrorist/nemesis Red Skull, and a David Mamet film about Batman (DC Comics), starring Tom Selleck as Batman, Tom Cruise as Robin, and Alec Baldwin as the evil rogue vigilante Two-Face. Both of these films sound interesting, but Batman has the slight edge, because his enemies are more representative of realistic fears.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers