Who is your favorite Batman Villain

RishardJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RishardJ

Poll Who is your favorite Batman Villain (53 votes)

Joker 28%
Two Face 9%
Penguin 2%
Bane 9%
Deadshot 0%
Clayface 2%
Ra's 13%
Harley Quinn 6%
Poison Ivy 4%
Catwoman 4%
Scarecrow 8%
Black Mask 0%
Killer Croc 2%
Riddler 4%
Hugo Strange 0%
Hush 0%
Mad Hatter 0%
Mr Freeze 2%
Solomon Grundy 0%
OTHER 8%
 • 
Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I still consider the Long Halloween to be my favorite stand alone Batman story and I think Two Face is a great villain as long as he's not used too often. I suspect Joker will get enough votes without me but there's no denying he's probably the best of the bunch.

After those two my order would roughly be:

Penguin

Catwoman

Riddler

Poison Ivy

Mr Freeze

Ra's

Scarecrow

Bane

RishardJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

Well I still consider the Long Halloween to be my favorite stand alone Batman story and I think Two Face is a great villain as long as he's not used too often. I suspect Joker will get enough votes without me but there's no denying he's probably the best of the bunch.

After those two my order would roughly be:

Penguin

Catwoman

Riddler

Poison Ivy

Mr Freeze

Ra's

Scarecrow

Bane

Great list. I love Two Face. Hands down my favorite. I loved the first 5 books Snyder did in All Star Batman. Joker would be 2 for me. Then I really like Poison Ivy, if she is written correct she can turn Gotham inside out. I love Deathstroke too but he isn't really a BAtman villain.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the Joker. After him, Ras a Ghul

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's al Ghul

Hugo Strange

Mr. Freeze

Scarecrow

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Claw

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rishardj: Well they are all good and bad. It mostly depends on the writter.

I would add Proffessor Pig, Man-bat, Victor Zsasz, Court of Owls, The Clock King, Doctor Hurt and Lady Shiva to your list.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarecrow all the way.

RishardJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@rishardj: Well they are all good and bad. It mostly depends on the writter.

I would add Proffessor Pig, Man-bat, Victor Zsasz, Court of Owls, The Clock King, Doctor Hurt and Lady Shiva to your list.

Good call on Lady Shiva and Zsasz. I missed the court of owls but just bought trade 1 and I'm going to start it. I like man-bat too. He was actually a good challenge in Arkham Knight.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By infantfinite128

Bane

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarecrow was my favorite growing up with Batman TAS but now I like Joker, Clayface, and Ra's.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zaied

Ra's.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HARLEY!

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harley Quinn, even if I dosen't consider her a Batman Villain anymore

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ras is a great all around villain.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker is probably the greatest comic book villain ever. He is a perfect enemy for Batman.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker is probably the greatest comic book villain ever. He is a perfect enemy for Batman.

He was a good counter to batman back when batman was human. Now they have upscaled him so much to make him a worthy adversary to batman that it makes every story both are in complete garbage.

Before the new 52 i agree, he was great.

Edamame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarecrow.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker for sure but Riddler is a close second.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don'the really consider Catwoman as a villain anymore. Two-Face, Riddler, and Scarecrow are my favorites. Joker is overused, even if he is Batman's arch enemy.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Heroclix game, I once made an entire team out of different versions of my favorite Batman villain.

No Caption Provided

I called it Infinite Cobblepot.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kmb501

Joker is the best Batman villain, but in my opinion, they need to go back to the early comics for their source material, because lately he's been getting a little too one-dimensional. Even the Silver Age comics may have material they could add to the villain to make him more interesting. If Batman is Sherlock Holmes in a cape and cowl; the Joker is Professor Moriaty in clown face, but it looks like the comic book writers haven't been taking advantage of that. The Joker's killer pranks have always provided Batman with a hefty challenge. Plus, he's closer to Batman than almost any of his other villains; he knows he's Bruce Wayne and is kind enough not to spill the secret, and was even responsible for brainwashing Catwoman to return her to villain status (Joker, unlike many of Batman's other villains, has a serious habit of messing with Batman's personal life, as evidenced in the Killing Joke, Batman and Robin Must Die, Under the Red Hood, and Death of the Family.). In earlier comics, he kind of treated Batman like an annoying little brother (in an animated version, he tells Batman that no one is allowed to kill him but him, and he's defended him on at least one occasion, such as in Batman and Robin Must Die), and sometimes he even teams up with Batman, although that hasn't been happening much in these more recent comics. Plus, he's always at least one step ahead of everyone else--Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Nightwing, the whole bat family, and Batman. In Emperor Joker, he even defeated Batman and killed him over and over again until he was finally stopped. I mean that's gruesome, but he still beat Batman. I don't think any of Batman's other villains can say they successfully killed him, but the Joker can, even though it wasn't permanent. Even in the new 52, Joker is too slick to touch. Batman can't even figure out his secret identity after being granted the power of a god!

The second best would probably be the Riddler. Edward Nygma could be a good super villain, but he's a little too predictable, like most of Batman's other villains (if Hush counts, though, he did a good job with that scheme). His elaborate traps and puzzles do make for interesting situations, though. I would kind of like to see an episode where Batman and Joker team up to stop the Riddler (maybe not knowing that it's Eddie but suspecting someone else). Of course after Joker finds out it's his pal Eddie, he would probably side with him against Batman (or maybe just run away). Plus, Batman has teamed up with Joker and Riddler on more than one occasion in the comics. Riddler though, is more of a common super villain and doesn't share that special connection Joker and Batman seem to have. For instance, when Riddler found out that Batman was Bruce Wayne (a secret the Joker knew for a while) he threatened him with it, a poor move for a supposed genius.

Yeah, Harley Quinn would be up there, too, if she were still a villain, but I don't think she is. I don't understand why they are redeeming her but chose to leave Joker out in the cold. I get that he's an obsessive narcissistic psychopath and probably not a good mate for her, but why can't they at least still be friends? Harley and Joker went through a lot together, after all. You would think that if a guy would let you stay with him that long, regardless of the circumstances, you would feel some bit of loyalty. I mean, it's the Joker we're talking about. We found out in one story that he even kills his henchmen. Harley must have been someone special to him just for him to continue to let her live, let alone claim the title of queen in Gotham.

hsshires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hsshires

Honestly, I've been a bigger fan of Catwoman than Batman ever since BATMAN RETURNS came out in 1992. She made that movie and is the reason I took interest in Batman as a whole.

Huir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Harvey Dent.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr freeze clay face

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Smith

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KillianDuclark

Warner Bros.

They are the caped crusaders greatest foe in a meta sense of the word, they just keep saturating the market with batman content and reducing his uniqueness.

Also Tom King